April 21, 2014 | 934 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Iconic High Definition Lash Curler Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2008 7:33:00 AM More reviews by KMM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wish there was a maybe for buying again.Over all it held a great curl but it did not last very long. Only reason I am disappointed.Needed to recurl it numerous times in one day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2008 10:33:00 PM More reviews by gagirl08

The only reason I gave this product a 4 is because I think I like the Diorshow Blackout mascara the best. I really do love this new Iconic mascara but the Blackout is dark and really plumps up the lashes. There are some pros and cons to both, but when I first received my Iconic mascara the other day, I was a little upset because the formula was a bit thin and didn't really do much to my lashes. But then I remembered that I usually give my mascaras more than one chance because they usually thicken up and work better than ever! And this is exactly what this mascara did!!!! I was so excited on the second, third, fourth day, etc. because it keeps thickening and working better and better and the length is outrageous! My lashes look fake. As for clumping, there is none! I just love Dior and their mascaras and I will continue to purchase forever!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2008 5:04:00 AM More reviews by Tanja1801

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

When I first saw the mascara brush I thought that it would give my lashes that nasty clumb effect, but it didn't!! It doesn't give your lashes a WOW effect but for every day use I just love it!! It looks like I have more lashes, they are not fuller or longer, but it just seems I have more of them.
If you are looking for great volume, great lenght and curl, go for the unbeatable YSL Faux Cils!!!
Tanja

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2008 9:37:00 AM More reviews by lilamyg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ok, so I know that people LOVE this product, but frankly I think there are MANY other mascaras out there that work better and are not as expensive. My favorite mascara is the original DiorShow. I LOVE it. The big,fat brush is amazing and for some reason this one doesn't have that brush. Frankly, I am getting quite annoyed at all these companies trying to "re invent the wheel" here with mascara brushes. Everytime I try a new mascara with some "new and amazing" mascara wand I hate it. The only thing I love about this product is that you can layer it, since I have a tendency to apply one too many coats of my mascara and that can make me eyelashes look clumpy and stuff.Oh and I still had to curl my lashes, I have yet to find a curling mascara that truely makes the need for an eyelash curler dissapear. This mascara definately works but I just think for the price the original DiorShow is still the best mascara out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2008 12:50:00 AM More reviews by simplyxjosey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was hesitant to get this because it's so expensive but it was my birthday so I splurged. Well I can honestly say I am VERY disappointed!!!!
Initial thoughts: The packaging was gorgeous and sleek.

Pros- It lengthened my eyelashes very well and fanned them out. They look fluffy and defined with volume.
Cons: It can not hold a curl for it's life. The most important thing to me is curl and this made my curl fall COMPLETELY LIMP!!! I was so pissed because this con makes the whole mascara useless to me. $27 for nothing! Lastly, it's SUPER sticky!! its ridiculous. When I was getting ready to go out I put it on and my curls became straight so I tried to re-curl it (I know it's bad for your lashes but a girl's gotta make sure she looks good) and BAAAAHH my lashes stuck onto the curler and practically got pulled out.
If you have puny asian lashes I do not recommend this.
If you have naturally long, slightly curled lashes, this will probably do wonders.

Edit: It's been a while since I first got this and ironically, I've actually gone through a couple tubes now. I think I initially hated it because the first tube I got was a bit too wet and I didn't use the rolling method which is what the bristles are designed for. After my tube dried out a bit just swiping gave me perfect length, definition, and volume. It also started to hold a curl pretty well for me although I've seen it do better wonders on my friends eyelashes. It never clumped and its very black, gives good length. I got a couple tubes after my initial review and they were all the perfect consistency. I guess the first was a fluke? However, I still stand by the fact that it stays sticky forever. I can't re-curl after I put it on. BEWARE, your lashes WILL get stuck to your curly even after HOURS. But still this is as close to HG as I've gotten.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2008 2:08:00 PM More reviews by xiaopengyou7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A+++++++ Mascara! Looks like I have false lashes on; doubles the length of mine and curls them without an eyelash curler! And no clumps. I actually liked DiorShow BlackOut, but this beats it all to pieces.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2008 9:57:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I was a bit weary before trying this new Dior mascara (I got is as a B-day present recently), as I so much HATED the Diorshow (it irritated my eyes like crazy, sort of allergic reaction!! truly).
So I gave it a try... and was so pleasantly surprised!!!!
The brush is big but...not so much and the helix shaped bristles on the silicon brush work like magic.
You need to apply with a rotating motion...and immediately you get all the promises fulfilled:
1) deep black pigment
2) Looooong lashes, like falsies
3) definition (= lashes are separated non clumped together 4) volume
5) long staying power. Stays really put forever, does not melt with tears or sweat ot humidity. Great!
Practically it has it all. It curles very well (I use no curler), giving you this very open eye (you look younger!) and does not budge nor smudge.
The only little downside (that I learned to cope with) is the removal: it takes forever in the evening to take it off... bi-phase remover, oil, foaming cleanser and a lot of rinses, and I still have traces on my cotton pad when I do the toner.... Yep, it stays put forever, literally.
Other than that, you get the lashes you have been dreaming of.
I also was asked if i was wearing falsies!! .o)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2008 3:48:00 AM More reviews by NewYorRican21

I love this mascara, In my opinion it does all that it ads that it will. It gives long thick lasting curled lashes and is non flaking or smearing. IMO worth the money even if you didn't care for DiorShow

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2008 11:29:00 PM More reviews by l1p9l055

EDIT: still in love with this mascara.. I haven't touched my other ones since! The only problem with this mascara (though I'm not really sure it should be considered one) is how long lasting it is (no flakes, nothing!). When removing it I think it takes extra effort especially if you don't have something like a cleansing oil. I find that my normal cleanser doesn't really remove it, but I still LOVE it =)
At first when I went into Sephora I was just interested in Shiseido's mascara base after I heard many good things about it. I initally wanted to test my Lancome Virtuose Black Carat mascara with it, but they didn't have a tester, so I grabbed any mascara and that happened to be Dior's Iconic Mascara. I honestly didn't see all the hype about CD's Diorshow. I thought the original did nothing for my lashes, so I really didn't expect that much.
All I have to say is WOW. After putting it on, my lashes looked thicker, longer and just... WOW. It really does give you that doll eye look. I obviously had to buy it. I tried it at home with my Shu curler, the mascara base and Iconic. and the results were.. OMG. I could not believe how open my eyes were now. (I have small eyes). Though, the results could be partially due to the shiseido base, I tested my other eye with the shiseido base and blinc kiss me mascara, but I still found that CD's iconic was better at volumizing, curling, lengthening.. just everything. as the day went on, there wasn't any flaking, or raccoon eyes. The curl held. and I just love this mascara.
For someone that doesn't wear makeup often (i love to buy makeup, not really use it and well who's got the time when its midterms every other week?), its a bit steep for a mascara. 34CAD, slightly more expensive than CD's original. I also find its hard to remove even with bifacil (the best mu remover EVER). but those things are petty when you've got great lashes =)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2008 4:10:00 PM More reviews by whiterabbit23

I love this mascara. On me, it doesn't clump at all. Even with multiple coats, it leaves me with pretty, separated & defined lashes.