Dior Diorshow Iconic High Definition Lash Curler Mascara

Aqua (water), Paraffin, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolmer, Ploybutene, Bis-Diglyceryl, Polyacyladipate-2, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, C18-26 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Acacia Senegal (Acacia Senegal Gum), Silica, Hydroxyethyl- cellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycerol, Tetrasodium Eda, Sodium Laureth -12 Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydrolyzed Sodium Polyacrylate, Sericin, Sorbic Acid, BHT, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben ( /- : CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77491, 77492, 77499 (Iron oxides), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens)).

on 11/7/2008 10:42:00 AM

I had to try this as Diorshow mascara is my HG. I love the original formula and Blackout so of course Iconic was next on my list to try. I took it home from Bloomies without testing it in the store and hoping I didn't waste $27 on mascara. When I finally tried it, I was not disappointed! Iconic definitely gives more curl than the regular formula and Blackout. It is amazing at defining, curling and lengthening the lashes. I actually think it has a softer, more natural look than the other formulas (esp. Blackout) which I do like about Iconic even though I am a sucker for super dramatic lashes. Blackout seemed to make my lashes really hard and stiff if I overdid it but this feels much lighter and softer on the lashes. I don't know understand why this is more expensive than the others, but is worth the price. I will definitely repurchase! EDIT: This stuff is awful to remove. It is worse then waterproof. On the one hand, there's no flaking or smudging but it seems to stick to my lashes and form this rubber coating around them that makes it really difficult to completely take off. When I finally do get it all off my eyes burn and water for a good 15 mins. I won't repurchase and will go back to Blackout

on 11/6/2008 6:26:00 PM

I so wanted to try this product because of the promise of "extra lash-curling effect" and the "extra-hold formula provides a 24-hour-curl" claim to see if it works for my stubborn Asian lashes. Have to say its disappointing in that department since it did not hold the curl that well, my lashes still drooped but compared to other normal non waterproof mascaras, it did not drop the curl completely (you can see the slight curl from my side profile). It has more intense pigment compared to normal Diorshow, but can get clumpy with more then two coats. Staying power is exceptional I have to say since it did not smudge at all, but it is very difficult to remove at the end of the day (worse then some waterproof mascaras!)

on 11/6/2008 2:07:00 PM

AWESOME!! This is my HG mascara. Its totally worth the price at $27 from sephora. I have really short and thin lashes and it does a great job at lengthening and seperating them. In the past when I tried to apply more than one coat of mascara, no matter what the brand it would clump up and look really obvious. With the Iconic mascara I dont even have to apply a second coat! It doesnt flake or smudge and I work 10 hour days at a hospital so by the time I get home it looks just as good as when I applied it! Would totally recommend to anyone wanting long and fabulous lashes!!!

worth every penny!

i am a fan of what the classic product does to my lashes but it seems to sort of flake off
i found blackout far too wet and it tends to smudge so i've been using ultimate-its the best but still tends to clump

but iconic-
i'm so madly in love with it!
-it doesn't clump after the first coat how most mascaras do
-it thickens my lashes but not cartoonishly
-its not too wet nor flake-y
-it lengthens so much it looks like i could be wearing false lashes

love it!

on 11/4/2008 3:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love it! Probably the best mascara out there for me. I used the old Diorshow, but Iconic is just so much better! It gives my quite short eyelids curl, definition, length and a bit of volume. Stays on the all day long. I must say that in the begining I didn't like that much. It looks like it needs some time to get used to :))

on 11/3/2008 2:27:00 PM

November 2009: When I first wrote this review in November 2008, I compared Dior Iconic to MAC's Plushlash. At the time, I thought the results were comparable, even identical. Both lengthened, slightly thickened my lashes and held the curl all day. The only difference was that Iconic did not smudge (from 7.30am to 11.30pm) whereas Plushlash did a little (about 5 hours after application, easily wiped off with my finger). I felt that Iconicís great staying power made it very difficult to remove. It left smudges even after a thorough makeup removal routine with Shu Uemura's cleansing oil and needed further cleansing with MAC wipes. I also thought that Iconic was very expensive (about 1.5 times more than Plushlash) but I liked its thinner wand that made application to the lower and inner lashes easier. The cost and the few lashes that fell out due to the difficulty in removal made me give Iconic 4/5 but I thought I would buy it again.

It has been one year now and Iím almost finishing up my 5th tube of Dior Iconic. Fortunately, Iíve discovered that a mascara base/primer like Shu Uemuraís Lash Repair or MACís Prep and Prime Lash makes removal very easy so losing lashes is no longer an issue. Iíve also realised that my earlier comparison of Plushlash and Iconic might not have been very accurate since it was a drying-out Plushlash against a brand new tube of Iconic. So I recently opened a tube of Plushlash and Iíve been comparing it to my four-month old Iconic. I found that Plushlash, when fresh, has a thicker formulation than Iconic does causing Iconic to surpass it in lifting the lashes, opening them up and holding a curl. While Plushlash is better at creating volume and defining, Dior Iconic lengthens and curls. As I prefer lengthening and curling mascaras, I turn to Iconic more often but I use Plushlash when I want my lashes to stand out against dark eyeshadows. Iconic can achieve that too, but Plushlash is blacker (and I need to justify using two tubes of mascara at the same time). If you aren't picky like I wasn't when I first started out with Iconic, Plushlash is just as good a mascara, but now that I've tried Iconic and mastered it, no other mascara seems to satisfy me. Iíve found myself comparing it to every other mascara. For instance, I purchased MACís Dazzlelash after my second tube of Iconic. It was such a pathetic excuse of a mascara in comparison to Iconic that I used it only on 8 occasions before going back to Iconic. My almost-full Dazzlelash is now a Back to Mac emptie. Iconic has such a hold over me that I'm reluctant to buy mascaras from other brands, or even open those I already own because I'm wary of repeating the Dazzlelash episode. Dior Iconic isnít my holy grail mascara, itís not that sacred, but I think it is the closest to my definition of a perfect mascara that I can find. Iíve abandoned it before only to come crawling back so I think Iíll stick to it, in spite of the price.

on 11/2/2008 3:42:00 AM

This mascara does hold a strong curl and the formula applies on slick and smooth... but I keep applying it and it does not get any thicker and it gives me very pointy and hard looking lashes like sea urchin arms jutting out of the rims of my eyes. On top of that, it's so difficult to remove! I have very fine lashes and I subject them to such rough treatment when removing this mascara.

on 11/1/2008 12:07:00 PM

I have naturally long and thick eyelash, the only drawback is that my straight long lashes point towards the group (gravity!). This one helps to enlong and curl, but it won't thicken the eyelash. My eyelash looks very natural after applying this. BTW I use Panasonic's electronic eyelash curler, which melts the mascara a bit and makes lashes even more natural-looking. But this one is definitely better than my last Estee Lauder Magnascopic. I like the silicon brush head especially.

on 10/30/2008 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

The best mascara I've tried.
It is better than blackout, and better than the older version of Iconic mascara. This new silver one has vitamins and other sort of good stuff to justify its high price. I love the brush, it's medium, not too thin and it gets every single lash plus the hard-to-reach corners. I know it's a little expensive (27 dollars) but it's really worth trying. I would recommend it to anyone with short lashes, or straight lashes.

on 10/25/2008 7:52:00 PM

i bought this yesterday, love love love it! The brush is amazing! And it curls my lashes unbelievably! Its very buildable too! so far its deffinately one of my favourites! love the packaging too!

only downside is that it's hard to take off with just water! other than that, AMAZING!

would deffinately repurchase!