August 20, 2014 | 2020 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Iconic High Definition Lash Curler Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2008 12:07:00 PM More reviews by muikku

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have naturally long and thick eyelash, the only drawback is that my straight long lashes point towards the group (gravity!). This one helps to enlong and curl, but it won't thicken the eyelash. My eyelash looks very natural after applying this. BTW I use Panasonic's electronic eyelash curler, which melts the mascara a bit and makes lashes even more natural-looking. But this one is definitely better than my last Estee Lauder Magnascopic. I like the silicon brush head especially.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2008 10:27:00 AM More reviews by thisfirewater

The best mascara I've tried.
It is better than blackout, and better than the older version of Iconic mascara. This new silver one has vitamins and other sort of good stuff to justify its high price. I love the brush, it's medium, not too thin and it gets every single lash plus the hard-to-reach corners. I know it's a little expensive (27 dollars) but it's really worth trying. I would recommend it to anyone with short lashes, or straight lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2008 7:52:00 PM More reviews by xxTANJAxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i bought this yesterday, love love love it! The brush is amazing! And it curls my lashes unbelievably! Its very buildable too! so far its deffinately one of my favourites! love the packaging too!

only downside is that it's hard to take off with just water! other than that, AMAZING!

would deffinately repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2008 1:43:00 PM More reviews by ClemClem

I really like this mascara. Great curl and volume. I was using YSL Faux Cils, but I found that it dried out very quickly and made my lashes clump together. I find this mascara much more easy to layer, and I love how it makes my lashes look!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2008 7:33:00 AM More reviews by KMM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wish there was a maybe for buying again.Over all it held a great curl but it did not last very long. Only reason I am disappointed.Needed to recurl it numerous times in one day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2008 10:33:00 PM More reviews by gagirl08

The only reason I gave this product a 4 is because I think I like the Diorshow Blackout mascara the best. I really do love this new Iconic mascara but the Blackout is dark and really plumps up the lashes. There are some pros and cons to both, but when I first received my Iconic mascara the other day, I was a little upset because the formula was a bit thin and didn't really do much to my lashes. But then I remembered that I usually give my mascaras more than one chance because they usually thicken up and work better than ever! And this is exactly what this mascara did!!!! I was so excited on the second, third, fourth day, etc. because it keeps thickening and working better and better and the length is outrageous! My lashes look fake. As for clumping, there is none! I just love Dior and their mascaras and I will continue to purchase forever!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2008 5:04:00 AM More reviews by Tanja1801

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

When I first saw the mascara brush I thought that it would give my lashes that nasty clumb effect, but it didn't!! It doesn't give your lashes a WOW effect but for every day use I just love it!! It looks like I have more lashes, they are not fuller or longer, but it just seems I have more of them.
If you are looking for great volume, great lenght and curl, go for the unbeatable YSL Faux Cils!!!
Tanja

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2008 9:37:00 AM More reviews by lilamyg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ok, so I know that people LOVE this product, but frankly I think there are MANY other mascaras out there that work better and are not as expensive. My favorite mascara is the original DiorShow. I LOVE it. The big,fat brush is amazing and for some reason this one doesn't have that brush. Frankly, I am getting quite annoyed at all these companies trying to "re invent the wheel" here with mascara brushes. Everytime I try a new mascara with some "new and amazing" mascara wand I hate it. The only thing I love about this product is that you can layer it, since I have a tendency to apply one too many coats of my mascara and that can make me eyelashes look clumpy and stuff.Oh and I still had to curl my lashes, I have yet to find a curling mascara that truely makes the need for an eyelash curler dissapear. This mascara definately works but I just think for the price the original DiorShow is still the best mascara out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2008 12:50:00 AM More reviews by simplyxjosey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was hesitant to get this because it's so expensive but it was my birthday so I splurged. Well I can honestly say I am VERY disappointed!!!!
Initial thoughts: The packaging was gorgeous and sleek.

Pros- It lengthened my eyelashes very well and fanned them out. They look fluffy and defined with volume.
Cons: It can not hold a curl for it's life. The most important thing to me is curl and this made my curl fall COMPLETELY LIMP!!! I was so pissed because this con makes the whole mascara useless to me. $27 for nothing! Lastly, it's SUPER sticky!! its ridiculous. When I was getting ready to go out I put it on and my curls became straight so I tried to re-curl it (I know it's bad for your lashes but a girl's gotta make sure she looks good) and BAAAAHH my lashes stuck onto the curler and practically got pulled out.
If you have puny asian lashes I do not recommend this.
If you have naturally long, slightly curled lashes, this will probably do wonders.

Edit: It's been a while since I first got this and ironically, I've actually gone through a couple tubes now. I think I initially hated it because the first tube I got was a bit too wet and I didn't use the rolling method which is what the bristles are designed for. After my tube dried out a bit just swiping gave me perfect length, definition, and volume. It also started to hold a curl pretty well for me although I've seen it do better wonders on my friends eyelashes. It never clumped and its very black, gives good length. I got a couple tubes after my initial review and they were all the perfect consistency. I guess the first was a fluke? However, I still stand by the fact that it stays sticky forever. I can't re-curl after I put it on. BEWARE, your lashes WILL get stuck to your curly even after HOURS. But still this is as close to HG as I've gotten.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2008 2:08:00 PM More reviews by xiaopengyou7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A+++++++ Mascara! Looks like I have false lashes on; doubles the length of mine and curls them without an eyelash curler! And no clumps. I actually liked DiorShow BlackOut, but this beats it all to pieces.