April 19, 2014 | 1895 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2009 12:37:00 PM More reviews by heejoh

I've been using this my entire life. So has everyone else in my family, immediate and beyond. It's just part of our lives! It scrubs you nice and clean, and you can control how hard or soft you want to scrub. Yes, it's rough, but that's the point, just use it to your liking! Great for exfoliating, especially legs before shaving, and super easy to use to get your back and any other hard to reach spots. And I use this a couple times a week to gently exfoliate my face with a gentle and natural soap. I know I'll use this for the rest of my life!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2009 8:25:00 PM More reviews by GeminisMommy

Eh, I could take this product or leave it. I was impressed with the length - made it super easy to exfoliate every nook and cranny of my back. The price was great, too (under 3 USD at H Mart). However, I found it too rough for my liking and feel microfiber cloths are gentler on my skin and do a better job.

6 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2009 9:12:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

These are fantastic. They're big rectangles of fine nylon netting and are much better for exfoliating than those poufy loofah things (be careful because you can definitely over-scrub) and more versatile. You can scrunch them up for more control, or stretch 'em out to do hard-to-reach spots like your back. Regular use will leave your skin soft and smooth.

I find mine produces tons of lather with just a few swipes on my bar of soap (I don't use body washes as I think they're a rip-off). When I'm done, I just rinse it out and hang it on a hook on my shower caddy to dry. I've had mine for several years now and it's as good as new. And it only cost me about 3 USD! I'd definitely buy another if I need to.

NB: You can find these at pretty much any Oriental grocery store. I don't think they really vary by brand, so pick up whatever is cheapest. continued >>

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2009 12:17:00 AM More reviews by obsessed12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product since I was in elementary school! I have the best skin ever! everyone always compliments on how smooth and soft my skin is! affordable, great quality, good results! i couldnt ask for anything better!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2009 12:11:00 AM More reviews by trixie1803

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Salux towels are my new find and I am pretty sure I will never use a washcloth again.
My skin is so smooth and silky, I have never used a body scrub that does for my skin what these towels do, seriously. For a mere few dollars you can get these on ebay. I haven't found any at Asian markets like others have but that is no problem, I am still looking.
My KP on my arms and shoulders has improved some and I just love the way I feel after a shower, so invigorated, it's uncanny.
I can't say enough about them!! Turns any bodywash or bar soap into a foam fest.
update 1/19/2010-I still am using these from May of last year, they are still scrubby and in good shape after many many washings. I didn't think I would use a washcloth again and I haven't. Still can't find them here in any local Asian market or dollar store. Still looking...

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2009 1:46:00 PM More reviews by jenja536

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ooh I love this scrubber. I prefer it to those pouffs or a washcloth. It's long enough so that you can do a good job of scrubbing your back and helps in exfoliating. HG.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2009 10:41:00 AM More reviews by graciebaby28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Where have these been all my life. I hope I'm never without one again. I was introduced to this wonderful product by a sweet MUA'er on the bath board. (Thanks, swellgirl.) She mentioned how much she loved it, and that was all it took for me to want to try it. Who knew bathing for a 'thought-she-had-tried-everything' bath girl would forever change after one use. This is the best exfoliator I've ever used. Hands down. You will laugh at the most expensive body scrubs after using this. Promise.

Ok, the details. I bought this on Ebay for $3. It is a long, coarse, scrubby cloth. It measures 11 x 35 inches long. Now, when I first pulled this out of the package I thought...how on earth will I be able to use something this long. I then thought about cutting into a few smaller sections to make it more manageable. I would have been mad at myself if I had done this, though. I will explain why.

I started to use it in it's flat state, with a body wash. But I just couldn't get the hang of all the extra fabric. Then I thought, let me kind of ball it up like a regular scrubby poof would be, and see how that works...one word ~Wow~ The bubbles that ensued were amazing! It produced such a wonderful bubbly lather with so little body wash. Not only that, but it felt so amazing and invigorating. I could not believe I wasn't using a body scrub, but just a cloth. Wow.

Next, I moved on to do my back. This is where it gets even better. It was still bubbly from washing my body, so I took it and flattened it back out along my back. It is long enough so you can use your hands on either side in a side to side motion, and it covers over half of your back at one time. Even better is that it is thin and flexible, so it is better than a brush because it conforms to your body, cleaning every surface of your back. Ok, I was beyond impressed at this point. It took me less than 5 seconds to fall in love with the length of this cloth at that point, and so glad I didn't cut it. I think I sat there washing my back for a good 5 minutes LOL It felt so invigorating!

It gets better, yet. Let me tell you about how great it is washing your legs. For that area, I took it and used it in a towel drying motion. Kind of like you would when you get out of the shower and are toweling off. Only I was doing it while washing with this cloth and soap. I could cover both sides of my leg at one time because of it's length. Virtually cutting the time it would normally take me to do this, in half. Now, I usually love staying in the bath, so time isn't an issue, usually LOL But I can see where this would be handy on days when there isn't much time. I've found these also work wonderfully for the back of the thigh area. I used it there in the same manner in which I did for my back (side to side motion), and it felt like a wonderful spa treatment.

Best of all, my skin felt nice and soft afterwards. I felt as if I had a full body scrub with something expensive. *Looks over at $3 wonder cloth* I think it just replaced every body scrub I own. I'm absolutely serious. How economical is that! :) How did I never know these existed! I can't say enough about the size of this cloth, too. It conforms to all applications so effortlessly. I could scrunch it up, lay it flat, it worked with me no matter what I did to it. Did I say thank you to swellgirl on the B&B board yet. :-)

Drying it was easy, too. I gave it a quick swish in clear water and then took it with me in a towel. I gave it a little squeeze in the towel and it was instantly dry. Then, I just hung it up on my towel bar for next time. I plan to handwash this because it is that precious to me LOL But it will be easy since a few swishes in soapy water would do the trick, followed by a clear rinse and dry. (Tip: If you use bath oils or bathbombs that contain oil while using these, you will get the most lather with them if you wash them with hot soapy water after using; oils left in them make them produce less lather. Give these a try -- I promise it will change your bathing experience as you know it. :-)

85 out of 85 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2009 10:07:00 AM More reviews by Trenty

I think every east asian person has come across this....you can also get it in the asian market LOTTE or H-Mart....its fairly inexpensive and does last a long time......great for exfoiliating and i actually recommended it to a friend who has horrible keratosis pilaris (AKA chicken skin) cuz it worked so great for me even though i don't have it as bad, i still feel the salux worked it smoothing out the skin....but make sure you moisturize afterwards to keep the skin nice and supple :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2009 4:48:00 AM More reviews by beebop808

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for 20+years as well as my entire family. This Japanese washcloth (that's what Hawaii people call it) amazing. It's extra extra long, exfoliates your skin the best way possible, and it's dirt cheap. I don't know a single Hawaii household who doesn't have this in their showers. Everyone uses it! It is also great for exfoliating your face. This stuff is way better than a loofah in so many ways. Never found any other product that compares to this. You don't need much soap and/or body wash, because it lathers well. It's also machine washable and last for a very, very, very, very long time!
We always use the #100. There is a softer version too, but way to soft for my liking. Watch out, because there are other brands that try to mimic this washcloth, so beware. This is found everywhere in Hawaii, including small mom & pop stores. Invest in one of these and you will not be disappointed!!! Happy shopping :)

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2009 9:21:00 PM More reviews by flossyglam

If you enjoy scrubbing or exfoliating in the shower, this is for you.The more I use this thing, the more I like it. I was at first, hesitant because the cloth was so coarse, but after a couple uses it has softened the perfect amount. As other reviewers have noted, this is THE item for getting your back scrubbed. This is much easier, and much more thorough than any scrubber, more hygienic than a loofah (I fold it over a hanger and let it dry), more effective than a wash cloth, and less messy than a salt/sugar scrub. Another thing I really like about this is how it makes viscous body wash less wasteful. I frequently use Aveeno body washes, but they are so thick and slippery that it's easy for them to slide down the drain before even getting lathered up. Putting just a bit on this cloth "locks" it in place and enables me to use the body wash I put on there all over my body without having to add more (unthinkable previously)! Since I have only been using this a short while I'll wait before updating to 5 lippies, but this seems like a keeper. Another great MUA find!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No