October 22, 2014 | 858 users online

Brows - Maybelline - Define-A-Brow

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2009 1:47:00 PM More reviews by stldivastyle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i actually like this better than my MAC pencil in spiked. it goes on much lighter and looks more natural to me. i caught it on sale at Walgreens so i was able to get them 2 for the price of 1 which was great.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2009 2:36:00 PM More reviews by midge55

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was using the Revlon ColorStay Brow Enhancer, which I liked, except that I find it is too thick to make thin brow filling lines -- when I read the reviews for the Maybelline product, I thought I would try it --- and it is GREAT - very thin so I can fill in small sparse areas and it really does have staying power. The comb on the end isn't useful, but I already have a brow brush. Great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2009 3:23:00 PM More reviews by missin

Great brow pencil, I'll be sticking with this forever! :-P I have it in a Dark Brown.

Very thin tip, which provides a great brow line and very precise. The only downfall that I heard is that it tends to break easily. Define-A-Brow provides a precise brow, and perfect colour match. It stays on throughout the whole day (I also set it with a brow gel though).

Very cheap! I paid $8 for mine; I used to use Annabelle previously (which does not even measure up to this one!)

Go and buy it! Its a great brow liner, and you wont regret it.. Just don't press too hard or it might break :P

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2009 3:21:00 AM More reviews by arikabh

This is a great brow pencil. It is an automatic pencil so no sharpener is needed. The formula is good, and long wearing. I went swimming with this on and it stayed put. I was really surprised by that, and my sis asked me the other day what I was using on my brows with because she thought they looked so good. Its a great buy for the price too!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2009 2:00:00 AM More reviews by kimby83

i really liked this product i have a mac eye brow pen. and i have to say i like them pretty equal the mac 1 did last longer but i love the comb on the end of this and it looks a little more natural than the mac 1 but both are pretty sweet love them

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2009 11:40:00 PM More reviews by chrissystyles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Eh. It crumbles at least 3 times every time I try to apply. Waste of money. Don't even use the comb on the end. The color was a good match but I'd rather spend $4 more for a quality item that won't break 1" off every time I use.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2009 10:18:00 PM More reviews by liz91

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I decided to buy this since I heard on the makeup boards that this was a dupe for MAC's Eye Brow pencil. I like the fact that this pencil never needs sharpening. I was sick of my Body Shop brow pencil that is always sold out whenever I need it. And that wasn't even a mechanical pencil. There is .001 oz of product in this vs. .003 oz in MAC's. This cost me $6.99, and MAC's pencil is $14.50, so actually MAC's is cheaper. You would have to use $21 of Maybelline's product for the same amount you get in $14.50 of MAC's. So I won't repurchase this because I can get more product at a better price. I like the thinness of this pencil, so you don't end up drawing too much on your brows (I used to do that). I bought this in light brown since I have black brows but blonde hair. The light brown isn't as harsh as a darker pencil would be with my features. I agree that this comb is useless.

EDITED ON 6/29/09: Taking off one lippie because MAC's pencil is a better deal, and I like the MAC formula better.

18 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2009 1:44:00 AM More reviews by rpinto323

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This really a great product. Before finding this I was using the Clinique version which was about twice the price and pretty much the same thing. As a reviewer said below, the comb is useless and the color selection is very limited. But the color lasts long and the extra fine point makes it really easy to fill in sparse areas.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2009 1:34:00 AM More reviews by SayoonaraSadness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for well over a month now and I have to say it's another awesome product from Maybelline. I looove their waterproof liquid eyeliner! I found this in my cousin's bathroom and was attracted to the slimness and the bright green color! I have this in dark brown and since then i've stopped using Revlons brow pencil which had horrible packaging (must save for another review) This is much better than that one. Good staying power and I love that it's thin so there's more room in my makeup bag and the cap stays put and no need for messy sharpening.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2009 1:01:00 AM More reviews by day0110

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Fantastic product for people who need to define/fill-in their brows.

Pros:
- Cheap
- Mechanical
- Lasts for ages
- Fills in spaces and adds shape
- Stays on
- Smooth but not too smooth texture

Cons:
- Limited colours
- The comb is useless
- As others have said, not good at "creating" brows but I only need to define so it's fine for me

My HG brow pencil. I used to use the MAC brow pencil but saw this for half the price and it produces the exact same results.