Maybelline Define-A-Brow

4.2

Ethylhexyl Stearate, Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Silica, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Methylparaben, Tocopherol, Tin Oxide, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Retinyl Palmitate, Propylparaben, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Ethylparaben, May Contain (+/-):, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Mica, CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 75470 (Carmine) (Carmine), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride) (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens) (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green) (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77400 (Copper Powder) (Bronze Powder), CI 77400 (Copper Powder), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet) (Manganese Violet), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) (Titanium Dioxide), FD&C Blue 1 (Blue 1 Lake), FD&C Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake (Yellow 5 Lake)

on 10/2/2009 8:08:00 AM

I love brow products, and I own quite a few. I like to change up what I use on occasion. My staples in the past have been LM Brow Definer - which is a very hard gel (I use this with Smashbox's brow brush - which is awesome because its so stiff). I also love Anastasia's brow pencil in Ultimate Brown. I read on the boards and seen in youtube videos that this pencil is pretty much bang on to Mac's Lingering brow pencil, so i thought - why not try it out? There were 2 shades available - Dark Blonde/Light Brown and a darker one. I picked the lighter one. This color matches my brows perfectly. Not too ashy, and no red tones. i love how its so thin which helps in creating a precise look. I find with pencils, you have to sharpen them before each use because the tip gets dull and flat and it doesnt make as clean of a line. I also love the built in comb on the other end - very handy to quickly shape brows after filling them in. Overall, I would definitely purchase this again.

on 9/9/2009 10:00:00 PM

I have very light brows that are grey and basically non-existent until I use this. I've been using this in dark brown for a long, long, long time and I'm still on my first pencil. I don't just draw it on however, I use a brush to grab the product and then brush it on my brows. It comes out much more natural that way. Staying power is pretty decent, my forehead is quite oily and even more so when it's hot and sweaty. The product stays on and fades slightly throughout the day.

I love that the brown is neutral, even though my hair is dark brown with a reddish tinge. I would definitely buy it again.

on 9/9/2009 1:36:00 PM

My brows are VERY sparse due to years of overplucking. Now they don't even grow. I pretty much don't look "right" until I have my brows on lol. I really like this brow pencil because it doesn't go on too harsh; however it is buildable. With light feather strokes you can achieve a very natural looking brow. I normally outline & lightly fill in with this; than add a bit of Smashbox brow-tech on top to give a bit more color. I have purchased this quite a few times & would def recommend.

on 8/7/2009 9:12:00 AM

Great pencil! Glides on easily and color payoff is really good. LOVE that it's a D/S item, hence, I can get it on sale!!!!!! I LOVE a bargin! So happy I didn't go to MAC in search of a brow pencil. THANKS MUA ladies for your help!

on 7/12/2009 10:11:00 PM

I love this brow liner! I have light, straight, somewhat wiry brow hairs [quite embarrassing] that were in need of some structure. This liner gives me darker color and even an arch, which I love! Combined with the Define-a-Brow gel the results are lovely and last all day!

on 6/25/2009 12:44:00 AM

My favorite brow liner so far. Love the fact that you don't need to sharpen it - perfect for traveling, along with the line styliste liner. Color stays on all day, easy to apply and blend. I took away one lippy b/c there should be a spooley brush at the other end and not a comb (comb is useless for blending). I top it off with Anastasia tinted brow gel and my brows are perfect all day :)

on 6/19/2009 8:41:00 PM

Color goes on too thick & dark. Brush is nice.

I should have followed my gut on this one... I have used Lancome Le Crayon pencil FOREVER and have always loved it but not loved the price. I decided to try the Maybelline and am thoroughly disappointed. I chose Light Blonde which maybe was my mistake. It barely shows up and I can see that the product gets used very quickly and I would have to repurchase often which would end up being a wash for the expensive Lancome pencil that lasts a LONG time. Will not repurchase.

on 6/7/2009 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I think this will be a new staple for me. I'd been using Anastasia pencils (the wooden one and the Brow Wiz) in Medium Ash and liked them, but couldn't get a good color match and found that they went on heavily no matter what application technique I used. I use this in light brown and it's a much better color match and I like the formula better--it's easier to get a light application and looks more natural. The comb on the end is useless--I wish they'd charge a tad more and put a good spoolie like the one on the Brow Wiz on the end--but overall, I like this pencil much better than Anastasia's.. And it's cheap. Recommended!

This is an okay eyebrow pencil. I still haven't found my HG one, but this will do for now. It goes on natural looking..I only wish it was a bit darker. I like the thinness of the automatic pencil but it was used up sooo quickly I couldn't even believe it. I think it lasted me 2 weeks. Might repurchase only because I don't have anything for my eyebrows right now.

Popular Brows Products