July 30, 2014 | 2005 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2009 3:15:00 PM More reviews by panda78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

There are very few products that I actually finish and this is one. I love what it does for my eye makeup. I have oilier lids and eye shadows would crease and never be true to their colour. This little baby cured that. A little anecdote to further exemplify its magic.... I kickbox and I forgot to remove my eye makeup before I began to workout. My eye makeup did not move....no streak, no smudge, no creasing.... the colour was still bright and beautiful!!!
My gripes are few and pretty much the same as everyone elses... the packaging and the price. UD really needs to take a look at revamping how the product is dispersed. I shouldn't have to cut open a bottle in order to remove the last bit of product.

Other than that, awesome!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2009 12:06:00 PM More reviews by lukki7ster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

UPDATE: the bottom of this pimer comes off easily. I just stuck a pair of scissors into the bottom until it bent and cracked. used the same scissors and cut some slits down the tube and voila. Used Q-tips and starte scooping! MAN for something that appeared to be FINISHED i have a nice lil container FULL of primer

I honestly thought this worked at keepin my shadows on longer...

I have noticed lately that my eyelids have been very dry and i thought it may be because of prolonged eyemakeup. I will try the smashbox primer see if it makes a diff.

this stuff is mucho expensive and the packaging sucks. I dont think i want to waste a good knife tryin to cut it open for all the un reachable product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2009 9:26:00 AM More reviews by RowenaV

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this product.
I bought it after watching so many makeup tutorials on youtube that used this before applying eyeshadow.
I've used it for the first time today and my eyeshadow which normally fades and creases after a few hours on my oily skin has remained vibrant and crease free!!!
What have I been doing all these years without it.
I will definitely be using this and repurchasing again and again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2009 9:41:00 PM More reviews by ebird

I managed to finally get my hands on it and it works.

My lids are very very oily and i need to use this WITH a creaseless eyeshadow for whatever (liner, shadow etc) to stay on my lids crease free and smudge free for at least 12hours in a humid country..

but it's the only thing i've found that works so far... although i've not tried TFSI.

My main gripe with this is.. the packaging (big surprise there eh?!)... I would only not consider getting this again because of the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2009 6:11:00 PM More reviews by beautyaddict09

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for about seven months now and I could not be without it. I am typing this review nearly 12 hours after applying my eyeshadow and there is no creasing. Admittedly the colours are not as vibrant as when I applied this morning but are still very evident. Being a dark skinned woman i have always had to use highly pigmented eyeshadows for any real colour pay off. However since using the primer potion I am able to use less pigmented colours as the potion does make them more vibrant. It really is a genie in a bottle!! My only criticism is the packaging. It makes it hard to use all the product without having to 'saw' it in half as it starts to run out. Yet such is the difference this product makes to the staying power and vibrancy of my eyeshadow I am willing to put up with it for now. Urban Decay need to change the packaging though to get 10 out of 10 for this product.

Sorry the review should have read 16 hours, not 12 hours!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2009 5:00:00 PM More reviews by Refuge

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A sales assistant in Sephora turned me on to this. I was skeptical, but after trying it I was a convert. This is absolute magic. You put it on before eyeshadow, and eyeshadow stays on all day, until you take it off. It can make colors harder to blend, but for my oily lids it is a godsend and a necessity! love it and will keep rebuying forever! My only complaint is the packaging is really wasteful and you also need to remove the plastic stopper in order to be able to get a good product amount each time. UD should change the design.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2009 5:07:00 AM More reviews by skslfksl

this eyeshadow primer is soo amazing! if you have asian eyes with kind of small crease line, you'd know that eye shadows always creases in between... well this primer is THE solution. my eye makeup stays put the whole day when i have this on prior to my eye makeup. However the only problem that i had with it was that it was too sticky(well that's the reason why the shadows stayed put). because it made my lid so sticky, i had hard time blending colors for any harsh lines. well, i think you can just put this primer on n then put on a cream shadow then eye shadow. i think its way more easier to blend shadows on the lid =) nevertheless, urban decay primer potion is amazing like so many people before me had said. i would definitely buy this product again!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2009 1:45:00 AM More reviews by lynngaff

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow, im suprised at anyone who rates this low. I use just a tad bit, a little goes a long way. I have oily lids and my eyeshadows tends to crease and run off. I went to NewOrleans the other night and its Humid there. My Eyeshadow did not smudge one bit. I was using BE shadows, loose pigments.

Though the packaging could be a whole lot better....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2009 9:35:00 PM More reviews by loci

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've used up two tubes...well used until I can't get anything out.
It helps the shadow not to crease at all, and helps the color to be more vibrant. However, if you applied to much of these, your eyelid will look a bit dry and wrinkled, its a bit hard to smooth out when the tube is getting old and the air changed the property of the product.
The other thing is the package: it really sucks. I cannot get 1/4 of the product out unless I cut the thick solid plastic tube in half, but then even if you cut it open, its hard to store the rest of them.
Personally I prefer Two Faced Eyeshadow Insurance more.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2009 6:37:00 PM More reviews by valentina555

after all the amazing reviews i had to have this. i figured it would be one of those things that just makes everything (eye makeup related at least) click perfectly.
i am shocked at how awful i've found it to be
first, the packaging, lets not go there
second: DIDNT help my makeup (tried with MAC, Guerlain, Dior) stay put, at all. eyeshadow still faded
third: worse than not helping it stay put i actually noticed a fair bit of smuding around the inner corners of my eyes, more than usual. this resulted in me being told 1) i look tired, 2) i looked drunk

i really really really wanted to be on the bandwagon... but i'm returning it