April 17, 2014 | 1938 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2008 12:21:00 AM More reviews by nortybunny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought the packaging was very pretty but sadly this stuff didn't work for me. :( My eyes were swollen up for 2 days after using udpp. Normally, my skin is fine with every makeup product. I really wish I could use this.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2008 10:48:00 PM More reviews by DesignerLady

This works for me. I took a nap in it today (I know, I'm so bad, sleeping in makeup) it was a long day. I put my makeup on at 6:00 AM took a nap around 5:30 PM and just took it off at 9:30 PM. My eyeshadow was still looking good and NO CREASE. I always have an oily crease - not any more. This morning I even put moisturizing eye cream on before application and it still didn't get oily. I have only been using this for about a week and I already love it. I haven't had it long enough to complain about the shape of the bottle - that's the major complaint because of the curves it's going to be difficult to get all of the product out. I saw a video on you tube where a girl cuts the bottle open and scoops the primer potion into a little jar. Maybe I'll try this when the product gets to the end...I know this, I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2008 10:25:00 PM More reviews by Rach89

I bought my UD primer around march 08 and I still have a little bit left (need to get some more!) even thought I use it everyday!
The price is pretty average for the quality that you are receiving in my opinion. It applies really easily and keeps my eyeshadow on actually for about 10 hours if I'm at a party or something, in the morning my eyeshadow still is perfect. When I bought my first one there was a hole in the bottom of the bottle so I got a replacement one and within a month I thought it was nearly empty then took of the little nozzle/stopper at the top of it and loads came out after (tip if you didn't know to do that!) There's also a good video on youtube (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Mkzonbf-3Hs&feature=channel_page).
I think packaging would be their only downfall in my opinion and I would def buy this product again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2008 10:16:00 PM More reviews by deliah008

This eyeshadow primer does what it says, and is fairly easy to apply. I didn't have trouble with blending eyeshadows with this being the base - I guess the ease of blending would also depend on what eyeshadows one would normally use. I usually use Cargo and Stila eyeshadows, which are fairly soft and easy to blend.

I love to use this with cream eyeshadows, because the cream texture is where usually creases arrive after several hours. With Primer Potion, my cream shadows lasted and held their shine for 8+ hours. Definitely a winner.

What I did find a little diffcult was that eyeliners tended not to go over the Primer that well (I use UD ones, odd that).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2008 9:38:00 PM More reviews by pikacharma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Not only does this product live up to the hype, it completely blows it out of the water. A few tiny dabs of this on my eyelid keep my shadow smooth, perfect, and crease-free all day - and that's despite oily eyelids. I use the wand to dab a small smudge on each eyelid, use my finger to spread the product across my entire lid\browbone area, and then have a field day with my shadow. It goes on flawlessly, brings out the color, and 12-14 hours later, it looks just like it did when I first put it on. The ONLY complaint I have about this product is the packaging. The little genie bottle is definitely cute, but soooo much product goes to waste, trapped in the bottom of the bottle, unless you completely hack the bottle up with a knife and scoop the product out of the bottom. For 16 bucks a pop, I shouldn't have to perform major surgery on the packaging to get all the stuff out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2008 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Princesa7

I've used this promer off and on for years,! I love how smooth it goes on and how soft and silky it is.

Makes any brand of shadow stay on for hours with zero creasing!!!

My only issue is my lids are oily and sometimes especially in the warmers months this primer can make it worse.

Great primer I just don't use it in the summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2008 5:01:00 PM More reviews by mac3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This makes my eyeshadow stay perfect for so much longer, the texture of it is lushh. However, a bit priceyy, but the packaging is adorable.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2008 8:22:00 PM More reviews by mschah18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I LOOOOOVE this product. The staying power is amazing. I was introduced to this by one of the vendors for UD, and I was hooked immediately. I have really oily lids and have ALWAYS had a problem with shadows creasing, doesn't matter what kind i use. I started using this before the shadows and they lasted forever. I even got really lazy before a big morning event and did my eyes the night before. I slept through the night and the shadows didn't budge. LOVED that haha. The only downside is the packaging. No offense but it is HORRIBLE. You can't tell how much you have left, and there's no way you can make sure you get it all out. I like Too Faced's Shadow Insurance tube better, and while the products are really similar, I have a preference for UD.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2008 8:00:00 PM More reviews by jenjen80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is awesome! To be honest, I didn't even know I was supposed to use an eyeshadow primer until I started visiting the FOTD board. Impulsively, I picked up Loreal DeCrease at Wal-Mart and when that didn't work out (it was CRAP!) I decided to go with the popular vote and pick this up. Now I can even use my cheapie E.L.F shadows and they last and last! I'll definitely never be without this again.

EDIT: taking one lippie off because, as others have mentioned, you don't really get your money's worth because you can't get all of the product out due to the package design. I've begun using Bare Escentuals Prime Time.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2008 7:52:00 PM More reviews by davefan77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love it when a product exceeds my expectations. This lives up to the hype. It's worth it!