Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

This is an amazing product. It makes your shadow so much more vibrant, and even $5 cheapo eye shadow quads last all day. It also has a really good consistency.

There is no doubt this product works better than most e/s primers out there (i.e., Carmindy), however, I take points off for making my eyelids look really crepey (I'm 49 and older women should take note) and for the packaging that wastes an expensive product. I will sample some others.

For younger girls with oilier lids: go for it!

on 3/3/2009 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm having a difficult time rating this product because my shadow lasted all day with zero creasing and it was just as vibrant when I washed my face at bedtime as when I put it on in the morning. However, it made my eyelids itch so badly that I couldn't stop touching my eyes. I didn't have any eyeliner on by the end of the day (from me scratching!), but my eyeshadow didn't budge. I have somewhat dry eyelids to start - just a tiny little bit of oil on hotter days. I found blending difficult, but it was a good base for mineral and other loose eyeshadows. I would try it. If it doesn't make you itch, it's probably the best eye primer ever!

on 3/3/2009 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

This can make even the cheapest eyeshadows last all day long. got me through the summer heat of chicago without my eye makeup melting. once you get it on, it doesnt come off though, so don't put this on your lids before experimenting with eyeshadows!

I also use it under lipstick, as a lip primer, and it works terrifically.

on 3/3/2009 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've never been able to wear eyeshadow before because my lids get so oily. This primer saved me. I can now wear eyeshadow for real without looking dirty and grimy in less than an hour. I will never buy anything else. I wish the packaging was better though.

on 3/3/2009 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Well, I'm jumping on the bandwagon...I have terribly oily eyelids and my job is very stressful/fast-paced; after about 1/2 hour all my makeup is in a slimy strip in the crease of my eye. Needless to say, I had really high hopes for this product and it totally delivered. Yesterday was the big test, I wore it to work and after having eyemakeup on for TEN FREAKING HOURS NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING, had even budged. It was so amazing. I mean, I don't even know what else I can say except that it works. It was a tiny bit hard to blend my eyeshadow, but that's a minor price to pay. I took away one lippie cuz of the awful packaging (am so NOT looking forward to cutting open the tube)....but will ABSOLUTELY buy this again when it's gone!

on 3/2/2009 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I finally tried this with a deluxe sample from Sephora and after only two days of using it, I bought the full sized item. I normally use MAC paint pots as a base to my eyeshadow, but was still having oils and creasing on my lids by midday.

Now my eyeshadow stays fresh looking all day and never creases. I can run my finger over my lid at anytime and have that silky feeling. This stuff really is amazing. It goes on smoothe and you only need a tiny amount to blend over your lid. I sometimes use this as a base alone, but most the time I use it first with my MAC paint pot over it to really have a flawless base to whatever shadows I am using.

The price is good for what it accomplishes and although I have heard many people complain about the packaging...I think the pretty purple and silver "genie" bottle is adorable and there seems to be quite a bit of product in it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Oh lawdy, I didn't know what I was missing out on until I bought my PP! I'm anxious to see what happens when it starts running low... but so far, I absolutely love it. (However, it would also probably be helpful to know that I've tried no other primers besides this one!)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Works great, not worth the price because of the horrible wasteful packaging. I will be trying Too Faced Eye Insurance soon, and hopefully it works as well as UDPP.

on 3/1/2009 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product worked really well. It kept on my make up and worked as a great base. However, it was fairly expensive. There are other products such as plain foundation that works just as well as this.
But, overall, it is a great product. I would recommend this.

Video Reviews & Tutorials