August 22, 2014 | 1942 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2009 3:46:00 PM More reviews by tjoyu

UPDATE:1/28/08: I have been using this daily when I get ready in the morning. It's been pretty cold here for the past few days and I'm noticing this works better on me in the current weather. I started using this when it was in the 80's outside and it felt sticky all day. Still can't say I absolutely love it but now I know I get better results in colder weather.
I am relatively new to e/s primers. This is the 3rd one I've tried and I am not all that impressed. I started off with L'Oreal De-Crease and love it still. I have also tried Pure Luxe Cosmetics primer which I think is very good but a bit thin & tacky if it doesn't have enough time to dry. UDPP was just ok for me. I thought the formulation was a bit thin but then I may be use to L'Oreal's thicker formulation. It seemed to allow eyelid oils to seep through about 5 hours after wear causing creasing (with De-Crease I don't ever have this problem) The bottle is super cute and the applicator applies just the right amount. The formulation is smooth and silky feeling but takes a bit longer to dry than I'd like. I also don't like that the tube is opaque...I want to see how much product is left in the tube for the amount of $$ I am paying for this. I know there are die hards who insist on cutting the tube open to get every last trace but I don't feel I should have to go through this hassle for the money paid. I just don't think this lived up to the hype for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2009 3:17:00 PM More reviews by boomygrrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

There's nothing more I can add that hasn't been said already. I love this stuff. I have ultra oily eyelids. This helps keep the eyeshadow on for much longer than without. It doesn't last all day, but again I have ultra oily eyelids. I gave it a 4 because I wish it would last all day for people like me, as well. But I do find it helps better than anything else I've ever tried. I will buy it again. I'm on my 2nd one now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2009 1:25:00 PM More reviews by foxysoxy804

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a great product. I myself do not have noticeably oily eyelids or anything like that (in fact my eye area is pretty dry), I was just looking for something that would make my eyeshadow stay throughout the entire day with ease.

This stuff definitely keeps the shadow in place. Does its job. Its formula is creamy, looks almost like a concealer for fairer skinned people. Once you rub it in, its clear.

Yes, everyone complains about the packaging. For one, I feel that it is difficult to get the desired amount of product on the applicator. Second, a ton of it is left all over the place in places the applicator would never reach. Personally, I feel that Urban Decay is strategically making this bottle. For those of us who don't think too hard and figure that if nothing's coming out on the brush then I'm out of product: we are the victims. Urban Decay probably wants us to pay the 20 dollars for this product much more than we need to. Typical business junk.

Recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2009 1:04:00 PM More reviews by sarahmats

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE the product. I have asian almond shaped eyes and it's always hard for ANY eyeliner to stay and this baby did the trick. Now, yes the packaging sucks, BUT when you open it up it's like an AWESOME surprise! I put my extras in a lip gloss pen like Enkoremakeup on youtube. And the look of the packaging, i think, is pretty cute. I will definitely buy again. The price isn't ridiculous and it's a worth buying, but I wish it was cheaper seeing that I am rather moneyless.. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2009 12:48:00 PM More reviews by ems36

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Although $16 seems a little steep for the teeny little wand, I would pay much more for this stuff. I have VERY oily lids, and without fail, at the end of the day, before discovering UDPP, my eyeshadow was creased mess that bore no resemblance to the eyeshadow I applied in the morning. Now, I think of my life in terms of before UDPP, and after UDPP (not really). A thin layer goes a long way and really prevents creasing, even in the middle of summer. It also makes eyeshadow colors really pop. The packaging really could be myriads better, however. You cannot get all of the product out without cutting the tube open, as several MUAers have done. I'm not brave enough to do that yet, but even so, one tube does last me a very long time. Apparently, Urban Decay is fixing the packaging, so we'll see.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2009 11:26:00 AM More reviews by Cerebro

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best eyeshadow primer BY FAR. I have really oily lids and have to use this almost everyday to prevent creasing and fading.

I recently purchased Too Faced Shadow Insurance because I read good reviews on it too, but it doesn't even compare. I'm going right back to UDPP.

One of the things I love about it is if I wipe my eyelid nothing will come off - not even a hint of eyeshadow. This will hold up about an entire school day for me, but I might have to redo and reapply UDPP things if I'm going out for the night, which isn't that much of a problem.

I'm taking one star off of this for the sucky packaging though. Too Faced Shadow Insurance did beat UDPP in that area.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2009 3:54:00 PM More reviews by AshleyLizz

I absolutely love this product!! It doesnt dry out my lids, and it keeps my shaows on ALL day...the packaging does kinda suck though

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2009 2:24:00 PM More reviews by naschrei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is amazing but the packaging concept is awful. I followed what others have done and cut the tube open so I could have access to the GLOBS of product that was left inside, clinging to the walls.

The potion itself has a great consistency, it's creamy and goes on well with fingers (I never found the applicator it comes with to be very useful at all).

It dries pretty quickly and prevents creasing & fading and really, does everything a primer should do.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2009 1:50:00 AM More reviews by plussize1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

okay i am a convert, love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2009 1:41:00 AM More reviews by McConville32

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this product! It is a great eye primer. It prevents creasing, goes on smoothly, and my eyeshadow/eyeliner is more vibrant and stays put all day long. Great product!