Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 2/27/2009 11:27:00 PM

I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!

I finally broke down and made the switch from Too Faced Shadow Insurance. I'm so glad I did. Since buying UDPP, I've had absolutely zero problems with creasing. SI would crease a little after a couple of hours, but not UDPP! It keeps your makeup looking as fresh as you first applied it all day long.

I like the tube with applicator because it makes applying the correct amount on each eye easier than with the squeeze tube. I can see how getting the last bit of product out of this tube is going to be a problem, but I'm not going to worry about that now.

I'm so happy with this purchase!!!

on 2/27/2009 10:29:00 PM

This product is great and the packaging is adorable but not functional. If you dont cut the packaging open you lose about 2/3rds of it in the nooks and crannies but when i cut it open it got crumbs from the tube in it! if they can only redo the packaging!

on 2/27/2009 9:28:00 PM

Run, do not walk, to your nearest retailer to purchase this product! I have oily eyelids and sparse eyebrows. I apply some of this to my eyelid and around my brow area. By the end of the night, my eye make-up and my brows are still perfect. It's amazing! I have used tons of primers; this stuff is the bomb. I like it so much, that I will be giving it to all my female relatives and friends on gift giving occasions.

on 2/27/2009 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I love this base! I put 3 dots of this stuff over my eye, and one underneath, and it takes care of everything. No smell, moderate price, but depending on how much you use shadow, it lasts a while. I love the packaging as well! Such a cute little bottle! =]

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

I have very oily eyelids. around 30 minutes after applying any sort of eyeshadow, it starts to crease and becomes a gross oily mess. When I used this under my eyeshadow, I was amazed that after 8 hours, my eyeshadow was still in place, the colour was still vibrant and, it's just amazing.

on 2/27/2009 7:39:00 AM

This is the first eye makeup base I use. I am very happy with the result: helps eye shadows stay longer, makes the colors more vibrant. It still creases after applying makeup for whole day in the summer. But overall this is an amazing product. The only complain is the packaging. It would be SO much better if it comes in a tube.

on 2/27/2009 1:17:00 AM

When I heard the rave about this I had to buy it myself to try it. It was the first primer I had ever gotten, & i thought it would be my last. It wasn't bad- I actually loved it. No creasing, brighter eyeshadow, & longer lasting. HOWEVER, the product ran out quickly even after I cut it open! I now use macs paint, & it has lasted me twice as long so far, & i still have only used half of it because you only need a small amount, because it spreads from the oils of your fingers. Saying that, it is cheaper in the long run, A LOT cheaper! Plus I honestly like it just as good as UDPP. Sure, it isn't AS bright, but I can't even notice when I tried using UDPP on one eye & the paint on the other. it's much more worth it to buy the paint rather than UDPP IMO.
try macs paint if you're not sure, it will last a long time even if you don't like it as much, so it really is so much more worth it & less expensive.

on 2/27/2009 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have super oily eyelids and have tried other primers with little luck. I have always loved Urban Decay's makeup and I had never tried UDPP so when they had the 2 for $25 I scooped it up. It's creamy, silky and dries quickly. However, it just doesn't work for me. It dries my eyelids out, makes them irritated and itchy and doesn't keep my shadow on. I suppose my search will continue. I won't purchase this again.

on 2/27/2009 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I received a deluxe sample of this primer potion and even though that packaging is slightly better than the normal sized primer packaging, you won't be able to get very much product out of the packaging without 'depotting it'--which basically means hacking it open! I do love the primer though--goes on well, and really keeps my eyeshadow on for hours and hours. I have terribly oily eyelids and this really works for at least 6 hours.

on 2/26/2009 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

For reference, you could fry potato chips on my eyelids they're so oily. That said, this stuff is a dream. I came in on Mardi Gras from a sweaty night of dancing and not a single smudge. The only places where it smudged was where water from my eyes got onto my eyelid, but that's no fault of the UDPP. This stuff is the truth, and if you've got oily lids like me and paint pots don't work, give this a try. I've never tried Shadow Insurance because this stuff is my HG eye base. It's just a smidge too light for my complexion, but once I start putting on eyeshadows, it doesn't matter.

I only took off 1 lippie because of the PACKAGING? What??? If I'm paying $17 for a product, you'd better believe that I expect to get my money's worth. Has anyone complained to Urban Decay yet? This actually makes me so mad that I'm going to go email them about it now (as if they haven't heard the complaints by now). I suggest you all do the same. Anyway, great product, HORRIBLE packaging and would only repurchase if packaging was modified.

Video Reviews & Tutorials