Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, lanolin, aroma (flavor)*, punica granatum (pomegranate) seed oil, tocopherolrosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), carmine, benzyl salicylate, cinnamal, citral, eugenol, geraniol, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool. *natural flavor

on 1/21/2010 3:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

For $2.50 from the drugstore, I wish I would have saved the money for a parking meter or something. Although it makes for a pretty and subtle "pomegranate" red tone to the lips, this really does nothing for me as a lip moisturizer. I find that I have to run it over my lips numerous times just to feel that there's something on there, and for my lips not to be so dry. Then it only lasts a short time before my lips are even more dried out than before I had first put it on... essentially, I have to keep reapplying frequently to maintain any kind of moisture on my lips, or else they get even dryer. I'd say the only good use for this balm will be a thin coat underneath lip glosses. I'll stick with Carmex original click-stick, thanks, which lasts for HOURS and leaves a beautiful subtly glossy finish, soft lips, and even tone.

on 1/16/2010 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Originally i purchased the honey-flavored lipbalm by burts bees and hated the scent. the pomegranate flavor suits me much better while being just as moisturizing. i love the hydration it provides my lips. i use this at night before going to sleep. if there was a version of the pomegranate balm with SPF i would also use it during the day. it is a balm not a lipstick, and is not intended for pigmentation. thus i did not expect my lips to have any color after applying, however i was pleasantly surprised to see that my lips were a healthy pinkish color (not obvious, just pretty). as i only wear it at night, it doesnt matter either way, but it's just a nice touch. during the day i wear something with SPF 20 (neutrogena lip soother). in all, i will definitely be repurchasing this burts bees pomegranate lip balm again and again and again. i love the fact that it has natural ingredients and have always had great results with burts bees products.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this lip balm after purchasing the original balm and liking that. This lip balm has not left me dissapointed at all. The lip balm is a reddish berry color in the tube and give the lips the tiniest hint of color. Barely noticeable but a nice little perk. I find that it is a must have for the winter as thats when my lips are most chapped. It doesnt give the tingling feeling as much as the original but I still love it. The packaging is just like the orginal balm only with a red lid. Its a great product one that I will definately be buying over and over again. I love it.

on 1/15/2010 9:58:00 AM

This is the best non-petroleum, all-natural lip balm I've found. It's flavorless, and it smells pleasantly like pomegranate tea with a spoonfull of honey, which dissipates quickly. This isn't as effective at healing my chapped lips as straight-up petroleum jelly, and it doesn't leave my lips as soft when it wears off (after eating and drinking). But it works better for me than original Burt's, Badger stick balm, the eos sphere, and even medicated Blistex so I'm satisfied (and perhaps a convert to non-menthol lip products). I don't really get color payoff, but it does brighten the pinkness of my lips and works perfectly with Becca beach tint. Definitely try this if you're looking for a more natural lippie or if you've had problems with menthol.

on 1/13/2010 3:37:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This is an almost HG lip balm. It has none of the things that keep your lips needing balm in it. It's a great skin conditioner with some healing properties. I used this during my recent bout with pneumonia when my lips were in terrible shape and it did help. I find that imparts no color and the smell is not offensive. While I like the taste of the original better, I think this is better at healing! I'll certainly buy it again!

on 1/13/2010 3:13:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Love this stuff and use every time I use lipstick. Keeps my pucker soft, doesn't smell funky, and keeps my lipstick creamy.

on 1/13/2010 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I'm a lip balm freak, and I know I've said this before, but I MEAN it this time: HG HG HG!

This stuff is the real deal. It doesn't secretly dry out your lips like most lip balms. Anything with menthol, camphor, or clove is actually dehydrating, so watch out! The original Burt's is horrible with this. It wears well, smells great, and is pretty cheap!

Lots of people say this gives you a hint of color, I don't think so. I'd argue that your lips will redden up a bit just from the act of applying balm and rubbing your lips together. After a few minutes my lips are my natural color.

Aquaphor before bed and this during the day have kept my lips full and soft during a record-breaking cold winter. Love.

on 1/8/2010 3:22:00 PM

I really love Burt's Bees beeswax lipbalm, so I gave this a try a few years back. Its great because it feels less waxy, and it feels like a "sinks in" a little better than the original, which sometimes I find will feel like its just sitting on top of your lips.
It also gives a pinkish tint.
The downside is that I've noticed that it goes bad more quickly than the original. I have lots of both kicking around, and when I discover one that I thought I lost a while back, the orginal version is always okay, and the pomegrante tastes and smells kind of like wet cardboard.
But only happens after about a year or a year and a half, so hopefully you'll have finished it before it has a chance to go bad.
It is also quite expensive for a lipbalm (almost $6 CDN), but overall, I still find that I have it in my bag at all times.

on 1/7/2010 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Everyone that is looking for a rescue for dry and flaky lips, do NOT buy this one. Reason being, this one is better to protect, and it's kinda rough to apply, the product is a little solid.
With that said, I love this one when my lips are normal. I use it outside when it's cold. It gives a nice glow to my lips, and smells good, I also believe it protects my lips some from the wind. At night I use emu oil to give my lips enough moisture.

Never have problems with horrible lips again :)

on 12/31/2009 1:24:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I don't mind the smell of this, but it left a horrible taste in my mouth and didn't really do much for my lips either. I felt like there was a film over my lips rather than something moisturizing that was soaking into them.

Popular Lip Treatments