Dior Diorshow Black Out Mascara

3.5

Aqua (Water), Paraffin, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Acacia Senegal (Acacia Senegal Gum), Cera Alba (Beeswax), Hydroxyethyl-Cellulose, Glycerin, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium Cetyl Phenyl Ether Di Sulfonate, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. /- May Contain: Mica, CI 77491, 77492, 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77266 (Black 2), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens).

on 8/4/2008 3:42:00 AM

This is the best mascara I've used. Since I have somewhat fair skin and blonde hair, I look washed out without mascara. This mascara gives my lashes instant definition without the clumps. For daytime, I usually apply 1-2 coats, For nighttime, I apply several coats for a more dramatic look. Since mascaras don't last long, I don't normally like spending too much $$ on them, but this one is worth it!

on 8/3/2008 10:51:00 AM

I bought this about a year ago and thought it was okay but I stopped using it because it kept clumping up my eyelashes. I recently started using it again though and it is just fantastic. I'm not sure why it wasn't good before, perhaps it was too liquid-y or I was just applying too much too quickly but now it really is wonderful. I like my lashes to be very curled, very long, very black and very thick and this mascara does all of that. The colour is very black (as you'd expect) and it holds a curl. It makes my lashes lovely and thick, although I think perhaps ysl effet faux cils makes them slightly thicker, I prefer blackout as it also makes them very long whereas I find ysl effet faux cils slightly disappointing in that respect, the same goes for lancome hypnose.

It can be quite difficult to take all of this mascara off, and I find a lot of the time that I don't manage to remove all of it when I go to bed as there's often a little mascara smudge under my eyes in the morning. You really do need a good eye make up remover for this (I use a lancome one when I really want it all to come off and it works fine). I don't think this is such a bad thing though as it also mean that is doesn't smudge easily and won't go dry and flake off (I really hate that in a mascara).

Finally, the packaging: It comes in a silver box, and the tube is black with silver lines criscrossing it which is quite attractive. The wand is hugely fat, like the normal diorshow which can take a little getting used to but I think it's really good to be honest and it helps you coat the lashes properly from the bottom right to the tips.

All in all, I love this mascara, even if it is a little pricy I think it's worth it.

on 8/2/2008 2:01:00 PM

Edit:

I love it. I have short itty bitty lashes that point straight down. I can use this during the day just fine. When I first purchased it, it was very wet but ok... after awhile, it has dried out a bit to a better, thicker consistency to my liking. After using an eyelash curler, this mascara gives me thick black lashes and it holds the curl allllllll day! I'd love to repurchase when I'm no longer a poor starving student.

on 7/30/2008 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have never been so disappointed with a Dior product in all my years.
I have worn this line of cosmetics for decades and this one bombed completely. This delivered nothing to me except red irritated itchy eyes at the end of the day. My allergic reaction would have been worth it had I at least had long plush lashes. I did not.My lashes took forever to dry, were clumped and held no curl whatsoever. No lengthening was achieved either. This went bach the store and I went back to Lancome.

on 7/29/2008 3:52:00 PM

My HG mascara. It does clump if you aren't careful, but this is the only mascara I've found that gives me amazingly fake looking lashes.

on 7/28/2008 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have to be very careful with mascara due to sensitivity. I bought the waterproof version from my local Sephora to prevent the possibility of having mascara giving me raccoon eyes. Wow. While I'm not too crazy about the brush (bristles are spread out and lashes can clump together easily), I love Diorshow. It doesn't aggravate my eyes and it stays put. I always have to use a curler beforehand, though.

on 7/28/2008 1:45:00 PM

Not worth the price!
It gave me major raccoon eyes after only a few hours. The softness, length, and look is fine. The brush is nice. But the smudging and raccoon eyes was make or break for me. For $24 I expect a lot more! I never return anything, but I actually returned this! continued >>

on 7/27/2008 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I heard all the hype about this product and must say, I'm not impressed. It's good, but not great. It can smudge and it doesn't lend much volume. I can get cheaper mascara's that lend equally good results.

on 7/26/2008 12:47:00 PM

I LOVE THIS!
The first time i bought this, i have to admit, it did clump but after a while, you find better ways to apply your mascara and it doesn't clump. best part is that it's such a dark colour that it makes your lashes look so dramatic. it doesn't smudge which is great. one thing about it is that it doesn't really hold a curl, but i can live with that. it volumizes, lengthens, doesn't smudge or clump. love it.

on 7/23/2008 4:34:00 PM

I'm pretty much in agreement with what people have said here. Yes, it clumps. It clumped on me by the second application. Yes, it also produces the dreaded spider-lash if you aren't extremely careful and diligent with combing it out---itself a time-consuming process. Yes, it's also a wet formula---a problem if you have stick-straight lashes like mine that de-curl when it comes into contact with too much moisture (Asians, beware!). The heavy, gloopy formula also weighs sparse lashes down and mitigates prior efforts to curl them. I don't know what some people are saying about this formula helping to curl lashes, because it does the exact opposite for me.

The saleswoman told me that this was a better, blacker version of DiorShow, that it was more like a tint than the creamy original and that the brush is smaller. Not true. It's just as gunky as the original and has the same, big, unwieldy brush. Furthermore, if I'm not careful with my application, I end up with lashes that are gunky, clumpy, and wiggly. Tammy Faye would have loved this, I think.

The good thing about this mascara is that it's much better about smudging than the original. I usually have to use Fiberwig or Blinc's Kiss Me tubing mascara because mascaras always smudge on me, but this is one non-tubing formula that had pretty decent staying power. The others, however, aren't such pains in the *** to apply.

All in all, I agree with previous reviewers that a mascara so expensive should not be so time consuming to apply well. There are better and cheaper out there that aren't so annoying to use. Yes, you can get a good effect out of it, but, for $35 bucks, shouldn't that be true without all the effort? Will not repurchase, as I honestly can't tell how this was a noteworthy improvement over the original.

EDIT 8/1/08: Application improves greatly if you wipe off the wand with a kleenex, especially at the tip.