November 26, 2014 | 1159 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Black Out Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2008 11:44:00 AM More reviews by beamercg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I heard all the hype about this product and must say, I'm not impressed. It's good, but not great. It can smudge and it doesn't lend much volume. I can get cheaper mascara's that lend equally good results.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2008 12:47:00 PM More reviews by brittneey

I LOVE THIS!
The first time i bought this, i have to admit, it did clump but after a while, you find better ways to apply your mascara and it doesn't clump. best part is that it's such a dark colour that it makes your lashes look so dramatic. it doesn't smudge which is great. one thing about it is that it doesn't really hold a curl, but i can live with that. it volumizes, lengthens, doesn't smudge or clump. love it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2008 4:34:00 PM More reviews by Carys

I'm pretty much in agreement with what people have said here. Yes, it clumps. It clumped on me by the second application. Yes, it also produces the dreaded spider-lash if you aren't extremely careful and diligent with combing it out---itself a time-consuming process. Yes, it's also a wet formula---a problem if you have stick-straight lashes like mine that de-curl when it comes into contact with too much moisture (Asians, beware!). The heavy, gloopy formula also weighs sparse lashes down and mitigates prior efforts to curl them. I don't know what some people are saying about this formula helping to curl lashes, because it does the exact opposite for me.

The saleswoman told me that this was a better, blacker version of DiorShow, that it was more like a tint than the creamy original and that the brush is smaller. Not true. It's just as gunky as the original and has the same, big, unwieldy brush. Furthermore, if I'm not careful with my application, I end up with lashes that are gunky, clumpy, and wiggly. Tammy Faye would have loved this, I think.

The good thing about this mascara is that it's much better about smudging than the original. I usually have to use Fiberwig or Blinc's Kiss Me tubing mascara because mascaras always smudge on me, but this is one non-tubing formula that had pretty decent staying power. The others, however, aren't such pains in the *** to apply.

All in all, I agree with previous reviewers that a mascara so expensive should not be so time consuming to apply well. There are better and cheaper out there that aren't so annoying to use. Yes, you can get a good effect out of it, but, for $35 bucks, shouldn't that be true without all the effort? Will not repurchase, as I honestly can't tell how this was a noteworthy improvement over the original.

EDIT 8/1/08: Application improves greatly if you wipe off the wand with a kleenex, especially at the tip.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2008 1:52:00 AM More reviews by alohacarol

ehhhh... okay mascara
i was recommended with the original dior show mascara but greedy me thought since the blackout is the newer version it must be better.. Have not tried the dior show yet but I highly doubt the blackout is better than the dior show...

if any of you guys love the dior show mascara I suggest you guys should stick to it....

Honestly it's not a "Bad" mascara...the color is dark, rich.. but I don't know if it's because my lashes aren't the longest but I don't think it's definitely worth the price and the attention it is getting.. I think there are so many other competitive mascaras out there with the same or even less priced products.....

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2008 11:36:00 PM More reviews by chickety

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised at the low rating for this mascara. I've tried a lot of mascaras- high and low end, and this one is really good. I got it for free in a Nordstrom promotion. Otherwise, I never would have tried it on my own. I didn't have high expectations at all either. The regular Diorshow was just ok for me. With the regular Diorshow, I did like the effect, but the black color was almost grey and it was dry and very flaky.
This Diorshow Blackout is a HUGE improvement on the original in my opinion. It has the same fluffy lash effect but with a ultra creamy formula that is VERY black and so glossy. It lengthens, volumizes, lifts lashes. Very impressive. And best of all, NO flaking. I guess on a very hot Florida summer day it can smudge a tiny bit. But most of the time it wears fine for me. It makes my lashes a litle stiff, but not dry or crunchy like. Overall this is a great mascara and I will actually buy another when I finish this one. Though it still does not replace my ultimate fave- Lancome Hypnose.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2008 11:33:00 AM More reviews by hotAsFiya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm so embarrassed to be writing this review. I actually raised to the boards to let all the lovely MUAers know how much I loved this mascara and how worth it of a purchase it was. Since I already have all my HGs, I find myself debating any type of new purchase for quite a bit until I finally give in and get it. Most of the time it's pure disappointment. Other times I do manage to find something that impresses me, but doesn't quite rival my HGs. Unfortunately, this mascara was a joke....joke on me that is. When I first applied it I thought I had the most gorgeous lashes...they were super dark and long. I paid little attention and raised to the boards to share my love. A couple of hours later, I finally made it to a mirror and the horror!!! I had the dreaded 3 lash look. You know what I mean...when lashes clump together and it looks like you only have 3-4 thick gooey and glumpy lashes. Yuck. The formula at first appeared glossy but then it dried out really bad making my lashes a bit hard, and I hate that. I also thought this reminded me of L'oreal Carbon Black but after the 3 lash look, this crap doesn't even come close to l'oreal.
Will not repurchase. As a matter of fact, I'm returning it to Sephora. Now will I be disappointed by Hypnose? We shall see.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2008 11:23:00 AM More reviews by MB418

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Should have been alerted when a mascara claimed to be "super black". I mean black is black is black. This mascara didn't deliver any volume as promised. It also caused spidery lashes. Would not recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2008 5:14:00 AM More reviews by gia0202

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

great going out mascara. the ultra dark mascaa is a must fdor dkr skin/eyes. can use w/o eyeliner with same effect.

delivers mega lashes w/ one coat. anything more than one-two coat causes spide lashes. good if you want a one swipe and go to the club thing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2008 10:04:00 AM More reviews by mumsays242

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I put this on very quickly, and without my usual lash primer (Lancome Cils Boost). The mascara is noticeably wet, which is a plus, in my opinion. It gave me time to carefully comb/brush it through and ensure no clumping.

It is not a volumizer, which is fine with me. I have long, fine lashes and don't like the spidery look with volumizers. It's similar to Clarins Wonder Length, but with deeper color and better coverage.

I'm going to try it again today with Cils Boost.

Con: It's smudgy. I fell asleep with my mascara on, and woke up this morning with raccoon eyes. I suppose the good thing about this is it will be easier to remove than other mascaras (Lancome Hypnose is stubborn for me).

I'm giving it 4's across the board.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/3/2008 2:30:00 AM More reviews by ADA77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Agree with everyone else who says
this is expensive for what it is( a lot more expensive in europe, believe me, like 3 times ..)
CLUMPY
spider legs .
It dOES give you big lashes tho , no kidding .. what i'm looking for is one that does the same thing without all the clumps and stickiness.only then, i'm willing to pay the price tag on this one.