March 2, 2015 | 1787 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Laura Mercier - Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Oil Free

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2010 6:30:00 PM More reviews by Loci80015

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am going to start this review out by saying that there is no such thing as a matte tinted moisturizer, especially for us oily/combo skin gals. The reason I am a TM addict is that I am done with heavy foundations and the way they make my skin look (mineral makeup, liquid, powder, etc). Those other foundations cut it for me back in my 20s, but now I am a convert to TM to try and keep my skin not looking like a makeup mask. I will dot concealer over my imperfections instead of layering on foundation. With that said, this is A LOT more "matte" than most TMs that I've tried. I never tried the original, so I got this on in "nude", which ended up actually being a perfect match for my skin. A little goes a long way, so the first time I put it on I think I over did it and I could see why so many gals say it looks too dewy. This stuff still will make me shiny mid-day and all I have to do it blot and I am ready to go. I would say this gives me light to medium coverage (based on the layering). I actually don't mind the smell at all. It smells like sunscreen which smells like summer to me!

My ONLY gripe is that after wearing this for prolonged periods of time, I do notice my face breaking out in some places with little bumps. But for the time being, I haven't found anything that hasn't caused my skin to do that.....or it could be other factors like pregnancy, my gluten sensitivity, etc. If this ends up breaking me out horribly, I will definitely come back and change my review.....but after two weeks time, I think I can deal.

UPDATE: This is definitely the culprit of my breakouts. Every day 2-3 more pimples. I stopped using it for ONE day and switched back to Bobbi Brown and did not have any additional breakouts. BOO!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2010 9:32:00 AM More reviews by Happyfaced

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have pretty good skin but some redness around my nose and chin. This is really easy to apply (I use my fingers and apply on top of my normal moisturiser) and instantly evens out my skin in an undetectable way. I've had compliments whilst wearing this, such as how fresh faced I look, and how my skin is glowing. It lasts pretty well without powder on top and doesn't ever make my skin oily or dry. However, I do think that there is too big a difference between porcelain (the lightest shade) and nude (the next lightest) as I'm in between and have to mix the two. Porcelain is so white it can make me look ghostly, and nude leaves an orange tidemark unless I have a tan! Definitely try instore before you buy on line.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2010 11:23:00 PM More reviews by fyamaguchi888

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I read really good reviews about this product so decided to splurge & spend $42 on it.
It is sooooo not worth $42. It did even out my skin tone a little but I have a little rosacea & could still see all of it after applying the product. YES, I know this is not a foundation...it's a tinted moisturizer. However, I was hoping it would cover a little more than it did.
It has a sunscreen smell to it but it goes away fairly quickly. My skin felt a little oily after applying it despite it being oil-free.
I didn't see much difference between my Sonia Kashuk Tinted Moisturizer & this expensive version.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2010 2:59:00 PM More reviews by bomchickadee

I am NC30 in MAC and use the TM shade in Sand. It is a tad bit dark for me, but I noticed that once the product dries on the skin, it actually turns a little lighter and matches my skin a bit better. This has an SPF of 20 and it smells like sunscreen but doesn't linger too much. The coverage is sheer - I can still see my redness and acne scars. But Iately I've been mixing this product with my MAC Select Cover-Up concealer and using a stippling brush to apply it and the results are phenomenal! I don't have to use as much concealer as I usual do (I apply it all over my cheeks where there's redness) and it blends much more easily when mixed with the TM. The product feels a little sticky once on the face, so I have to use setting powder. However, even with setting powder, the TM loves to transfer. I would hug my boyfriend and there'd be a splotchy makeup blob on his shirt! Although for now I'm liking the results, since I mix the product with concealer, I'm sure I can find a cheaper alternative for this method.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2010 9:08:00 PM More reviews by lil_kismet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this, gave it ample opportunity to prove itself, but I just couldn't get it to work for me. While it does provide great coverage and looks great when first applied, it makes my skin feel uncomfortably oily as the day wears on and tends to make my face really shiny sometimes (even after a light dusting of blot powder). By day's end, all the product has melted off my face, so it's not very long lasting. I would not recommend this if you have even the slightest bit of oily skin. I also find the colouring to be slightly awkward -- not quite, but *bordering* orangey (I have it in Nude because Porcelain is too light for me and Sand is too dark). I can still get away with wearing Nude as long as I don't over apply. They do, however, have a new shade in Bisque, which sounds like it would be a better fit for my skintone. I won't be repurchasing though. I think I'll go back to my trusty Merle Norman tinted moisturizer after this.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2010 8:55:00 PM More reviews by Lisa86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love love love this product. I was looking for something to wear everyday that had really good coverage but was still light. I was getting really tired of wearing a full face of foundation every day. One of my friends suggested this product and after hesitating a bit because of the price I bit the bullet and bought it. They recently came out with a few new shades which was great because previously I was in between two. I purchased the Caramel shade and have been very impressed. I'll be buying this again in the future for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2010 5:42:00 PM More reviews by kashagroll

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been eyeing this product for months and finally decided to spend the $42 for it. I am truly pleased with the product. I purchased it in nude. It does everything I expected from a tm: moisturizes, covers minor flaws, even skin tone, provides spf 20, looks very natural. It looks and feels like you're wearing nothing. It makes my skin look perfectly natural and applies in seconds, doesn't look like make up on the face. I have an oily T-zone and the tm seemed to keep the shine down a bit. I still would use a blot powder throughout the day. I bought the dense oval sponges, 4 for $15 to go with it, as recommended by the MA. The sponge does not soak up excessive amounts of product so it minimizes waste. I also recommend the sponge bc you aren't adding extra oil from your fingers to your face.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2010 6:29:00 PM More reviews by pizo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I so wanted to love this. I've been wanting to try it for ages but hesitated because of the price ($42). I finally broke down and bought it after a makeup artist friend said it's the best tinted moisturizer out there.

I don't have the driest skin but I don't have the oilest either, by the time I leave for work my face is already shiny and it will only have been applied maybe 15-20 minutes. I've been using blotting papers like crazy since I started using it and still my face shines.

The coverage is amazing, it evens me out so well and yet doesn't feel overly heavy like a foundation would. I'm so sad it doesn't work for me.

It's going back and I'll continue my quest for something that covers and stays around longer than a powder but isn't heavy.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2010 3:25:00 PM More reviews by snactres

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just bought this, which is why I'm not giving it a five yet; if it stands the test of time, then I'll come back here and change it. I didn't exfoliate, wash my face, or moisturize (I always do at least two of the three before putting on my foundation), and it still looks pretty good. I find that it gives more coverage than tinted moisturizers usually do. I have tan/olive skin with light freckles and acne scars and this actually covered most of them up. I'm not expecting this to cover everything up, that's what foundation and powder are for. I'm very happy with it so far...usually my skin looks horrible with foundation on if I don't do any prep work. My skin breaks out easily, which is why I got the oil-free one. The color I'm using is caramel, which is a new shade between almond and tan.

Update, after about a month: LOVE! Updated from a 4 rating to a 5 rating. My skin looks so good with it on and it lasts pretty well...usually foundations only last half a day (6ish hrs) on me. This lasts about 8-9 hrs for me. Recommend having a lotion on before putting this on. Dewy finish. It's expensive, but it's 1.7 oz, which isn't bad, considering foundations are usually just 1 oz. I love wearing this with MUFE's HD powder, it makes my skin look luminous.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2010 2:05:00 PM More reviews by jcoyote30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

In my search for a new foundation, since my Prescriptives powder is no longer available, I was advised to try LM oil-free tinted moisturizer by the SA. If my skin wasn't so oily, I might have like this foundation because it didn't bother my sensitive skin. The coverage was good, but I just prefer something a little more mattifying.