Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Oil Free

3.5

Active Ingredients: Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate. Ingredients- Water, Disiloxane, Peg-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenoxyethanol, Boron Nitride, Jojoba Esters, Magnesium Stearate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Squalane, Laryl PCA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetradibutyl Pentaerithrityl Hydroxyhydrocinnammate, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearrate, Disodium Edta, PPG-15, Stearyl Ether, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizinate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide (CI 77492), Iron Oxide (CI 77491), Iron Oxide (CI 77499)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the only TM/foundation I've purchased repeatedly. I don't have oily skin but always use a regular moisturizer before applying foundation so went for the oil-free. I've never used a TM that provided enough moisture on its own anyway. The coverage is great for a TM - really buildable. It makes my skin appear flawless and even conceals the hyperpigmentation on my forehead. It is pretty thick so if you're working it in with your fingers, like I used to, you have to work pretty quickly in sections or it becomes hard to spread evenly. Now I apply it with a damp sponge so I no longer have that problem and my skin looks even better. It doesn't settle into pores or fine lines and feels like nothing on. I use the color nude, which in winter is just a touch darker than my skin, but not enough to warrant a different color than summer. Whenever I need to add another product to qualify for free shipping from Sephora, this is what I add to my basket because I know it will be used. :) EDIT: reviewer jrbmua commented about the color turning orange the first time she used it and then never again. I noticed the same thing. I thought I'd have to take it back the first time I used it, but I tried it again, and I never had it turn orange after that. Weird, but maybe give it a second chance if you see the color turn.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this product! My shade is in 'nude' but i can also use 'porcelain', nude just makes me look a wee wee bit tanner. so i love this stuff! it is VERY sheer coverage, and takes out all redness! The only disappointment? after about 6 hours of wear, even with the re-appliance of powder, my skin is oily again! but i suppose it's just my super duper oily skin! i don't know, but i still love this product!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have normal to dry skin and received this by accident, the SA shipping it to me must have made a mistake. But as I didn't want to go through all the hassle of sending it back, I thought I would give it a shot.
So I moisturized my skin especially well and what can I say,it looked AMAZING. I find it has more coverage than the regular TM,but that's fine. It didn't dry out my skin a tiny bit.
The only negative thing I can say about it is the price, it is very steep,but absolutely worth it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I asked the SA at Sephora which tinted moisterizer she recommends and she led me to the Laura Mercier area. I noticed the original TM first but then noticed the oil-free version for troubled skin and instantly reached for the latter. My skin is very oily with dry patches, reactive, red, and frequently breaks out in cystic acne and whiteheads. The "nude" shade matched my face best (NC30 for SFF or 40 in MUFE mat velvet+), with enough yellow to off-set the redness in my Asian skin. The first thing I noticed is that this is very easy to apply over SS, moisterizer or bare skin, and it doesn't pill, streak or drag when I use my bare fingers (I've never tried using a brush with this). The coverage is definately buildable: I use a very thin layer to tone done reddness on my checks, and a heavier layer on my chin to cover-up acne scars..no concealer required. When applying, there is a wierd smell..like something burning...but the smell is gone when I'm done applying. This was "okay" at absorbing oil...I still need to blot around 3 hours later, whether or not I use a setting powder (I use Laura Mercier transluscent loose finishing powder) but the coverage is still "mostly" there at the end of the day. This hasn't caused any breakouts so far. I am quite happy with the product, actually. Expensive, yes, but so far, one of the best cover-up (including foundation) I've ever used. I will continue to use MUFE mat velvet+ for parties etc because the coverage and oil-absorbing is better, but this tinted moisterizer will be my everyday going to work makeup because it is much easier to apply than the MUFE one. I can actually put this on in a public washroom with poor lighting and no brush, effortlessly, which is convenient. [EDIT June-2011] I am buying my 2nd bottle! Love it still!

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

NEVER ever AGAIN!!!1 horror, i broke out like crazy!!!! and the smell, and the horrible finish!!!! sorry gals, but it is a NO from me!

I thought I would try the tinted moisturizer from Laura Mercier as I usually hated all the other ones out on the market. I got this in the color Nude, in the kit from Sephora. I put it on and it looked orange when i squeezed it out and it was orange on my face as well. I absolutely hate it! It has zero coverage and the orange emphasizes every little flaw that I have, not to mention it looked like I hadn't washed my face in days.
EDIT: I bought the kit again and this time for some reason the Nude looked so much better on me. I'm wondering if there was a mix up in my bag and they gave me sand instead of nude. Also I found that using my fingers was much much better than using the sponge it came with.

I like this product a lot more than Stila's tinted moisturizer. The coverage is a lot better. I love using this in the summer, I just use concealer on dark spots and don't even bother to use foundation. I also like how it's moisturizing but doesn't get my t-zone oily. It's a really great product even though it's a little pricey.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

My skin: Combo/ slightly oily to normal. Blackheads on nose, white heads on forehead from time to time, and clogged pores around the temple and cheek area. Breaks out easily from: SLS, dimethicone, mineral oil (who doesn't?) and some talc products.

Last year (just around this time of the year) I searching for a TM, because given that I have young skin, I always feel "guilty" for ever using foundation (which now I only use concealer for anyways). Plus I always had a hard time finding something effortless in the morning, or something with spf that didn't break me out. I tested on the Stila oil free TM but there was literally no coverage for my minor blemishes and un-even skin tone. I was finally directed to LM's oil free TM and was given the shade Almond, and really liked how it looked on the skin. Natural, but with coverage.

The shade almond is a bit dark for my skin tone except for the 3 months in summer. I wear a nars oil free in Santa Fe in winter. I kept it anyways because I use my 187 with this to blend. Without the 187 (sponge, fingers or flat foundation brush or even the 109 were all complete failures) I don't think I could use this. So keep that in mind!
Otherwise the blending is fine- again with out the 187 you will look a hot mess.

The coverage is definitely buildable, and the shade after it oxidizes sort of "blends into my skin".

I remember when I got home after paying $40 for this, i saw the size of the tube and thought it wouldn't even last me 3 months. Granted I didn't use this EVERYDAY (forget winter!) but i did use this for the entire summer of 09 and fall too, and I still have enough left for probably October or more...I probably owe this to the 187 however, as this always seems to allow the life of the product to extend further.

That being said, I only use a dime size each time, and I feel that this is sufficient to keep my skin covered, and delicately moisturized throughout the day.

I don't feel any stickiness with this either, and it doesn't slide off horribly. In fact it lasts a relatively long time..from 8am to 6pm. Not bad! This will not however, stand sweat, or a ton of heat. The moisturizer itself gives me a tad "glow" but if it were greasy looking at all, I would mention this as I am pretty anal about that. There is no shimmer to this as well.

Best of all, I have never broken out from this. Only once was I forced to sleep with this on, and I only had one small whitehead/pimple on my forehead the next morning. So no major damage! On a daily basis, this doesn't get greasy on me at all, and I don't set this with anything. It doesn't feel heavy at all, pretty much like bare skin...but obviously if you put half the bottle on it's going to be a little suffocating.

The SPF is always a plus, I think all TMs should have this anyways.

Packaging is ideal, simple and efficient.
The consistency is not extremely think, but not too runny either.
When traveling, it's no fuss. The texture or "performance" didn't seem to change after 6+ hour plane travel.

Overall, in my book, this really deserves a 5. The ingredients are great, there's nothing in here that has ever caused me to break out. Am I the only one tired of seeing some silicone or talc in my face products? This one seems to being doing fine without them. Why can't the rest catch up?

Application vid is up on YT just search for the product name. I should upload a vid soon doing an actual review.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

PRO's
*A little goes a long way -I use a nickle size daily -1 tube lasts me 7-8 months
*"Sand" matches my skin tone well (Asian skin with yellow-gold tone)
*Evens out my skin well -My skin has a few mild post acne marks
*Can be layered
*Staying power fair to good -I blot and use LM's PP foundation to touch up
*Has some sunscreen

CON's
*When I first used this product I noticed a slight orange cast towards the end of the day - but that went away (not sure what this is due to)

Excellent product. I have dry skin (not to sure why I got the oil free version, but oh well) and if I use this as my only moisturizer, it looks dry and cakey. However, I use this after my regular sunscreen/moisturizer, and my skin looks great. I have pretty good skin, just a bit of redness on my cheeks, and this evens it out without looking fake. I generally follow with a light dusting of powder and it lasts all day. I find the coverage to be more then your typical TM, but so much like a foundation that I have to spend time blending (which I hate). I literally just rub it in like a moisturizer. Also, this is on of the few TM's (or anything for that matter) that is pale enough for me. And it doesn't turn orange after a few hours which is another annoying problem I always seem to have. Price is a bit outrageous, but I will buy again unless I can find a cheaper product of equal quality.