December 21, 2014 | 1853 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Laura Mercier - Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Oil Free

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2010 6:29:00 PM More reviews by pizo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I so wanted to love this. I've been wanting to try it for ages but hesitated because of the price ($42). I finally broke down and bought it after a makeup artist friend said it's the best tinted moisturizer out there.

I don't have the driest skin but I don't have the oilest either, by the time I leave for work my face is already shiny and it will only have been applied maybe 15-20 minutes. I've been using blotting papers like crazy since I started using it and still my face shines.

The coverage is amazing, it evens me out so well and yet doesn't feel overly heavy like a foundation would. I'm so sad it doesn't work for me.

It's going back and I'll continue my quest for something that covers and stays around longer than a powder but isn't heavy.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2010 3:25:00 PM More reviews by snactres

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just bought this, which is why I'm not giving it a five yet; if it stands the test of time, then I'll come back here and change it. I didn't exfoliate, wash my face, or moisturize (I always do at least two of the three before putting on my foundation), and it still looks pretty good. I find that it gives more coverage than tinted moisturizers usually do. I have tan/olive skin with light freckles and acne scars and this actually covered most of them up. I'm not expecting this to cover everything up, that's what foundation and powder are for. I'm very happy with it so far...usually my skin looks horrible with foundation on if I don't do any prep work. My skin breaks out easily, which is why I got the oil-free one. The color I'm using is caramel, which is a new shade between almond and tan.

Update, after about a month: LOVE! Updated from a 4 rating to a 5 rating. My skin looks so good with it on and it lasts pretty well...usually foundations only last half a day (6ish hrs) on me. This lasts about 8-9 hrs for me. Recommend having a lotion on before putting this on. Dewy finish. It's expensive, but it's 1.7 oz, which isn't bad, considering foundations are usually just 1 oz. I love wearing this with MUFE's HD powder, it makes my skin look luminous.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2010 2:05:00 PM More reviews by jcoyote30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

In my search for a new foundation, since my Prescriptives powder is no longer available, I was advised to try LM oil-free tinted moisturizer by the SA. If my skin wasn't so oily, I might have like this foundation because it didn't bother my sensitive skin. The coverage was good, but I just prefer something a little more mattifying.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2010 2:09:00 PM More reviews by vwterry

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was looking at three brands (Smashbox, Stila, and Laura Mercier) of tinted moisturizer at Sephora, and made the mistake of asking an employee for help. She talked me into a shade (Bisque) I worried was too dark, but of course I let the "expert" sell me something I wouldn't have bought otherwise. What a mistake, and an expensive one at that! I'm salvaging it only by mixing in the lightest shade of Cover Girl tinted moisturizer. (The LM shade is so dark that I'm actually using 2/3 CG and 1/3 LM.)

The one time I tried the LM tinted moisturizer alone, I liked it other than the color. I have enough imperfections in my skin that I like a tinted moisturizer that is not super-sheer. I just can't bring myself to buy another tube of LM in a lighter color to mix my own shade. (I ruled out Smashbox because none of their shades alone would work for me--I'd have to buy two shades and mix.) I just wish tinted moisturizers came in a wider range of colors; it's such a pain to have to mix two shades of product before applying. (I also wish manufacturers would get over the idea that all people who need shades lighter than medium have pink undertones!)

Edited to add that I did buy this again in a lighter shade, Nude. It's still not quite light enough for my skin, but it's close enough that I'm still hesitant to buy the lightest shade (Porcelain) and mix them--I am SO over having to mix shades of foundation/TM. I may change my mind when winter comes.

This isn't cheap, but I keep coming back to it because it looks so much more natural on my skin than oil-free foundations I've tried. Even foundations that are billed as age-defying (Revlon's term, but many brands make similar claims) look chalky on my skin, even when I use a moisturizer underneath. (I am breakout-prone and absolutely have to use oil-free products.)

You probably shouldn't think of this as a stand-alone moisturizer--I need (oil-free) moisturizer on my cheeks or the product goes on unevenly. It's really just an oil-free foundation.

Edited once again to add that I am over the way this product makes my t-zone look so shiny. I am still searching for a non-cakey foundation (or TM) that gives decent coverage, has staying power, and doesn't make my forehead and nose look uber-shiny.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2010 8:25:00 PM More reviews by Theaflower

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow! This was recommended to me by an SA at Sephora. I have very oily skin and was hesitant to try a tinted moisturizer but this stuff is fantastic and lets my skin breathe. I use my concealer underneath and finish with a finely-milled L'oreal powder (True match) ---the results--perfect natural looking skin that stayed oil-free for hours. Had to reapply a few dots of this and powder by 4:00 as I would have to do with ANY foundation. I used the sample up and sent my husband to buy the product! Expensive but so worth it...Try it. Highly recommend--I do not have perfect skin either!

update: Had to return to Sephora as color oxidized turning darker as day went on...better perhaps for those less seriously oily than me. Still pretty and I would have kept it if it wasn't so expensive! Am now trying Alima Pure mineral makeup ordered from their website and YSL Teint Resistent which I understand is great for oily types. Also purchased Makeup Forever's primer (the clear one) and Urban Decay's "Smog" eyeshadow (love it so far) so I walked out of Sephora spending more $$ than I did before my return...ouch!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2010 11:34:00 AM More reviews by Paolita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have extremely pale skin,combination to oily type,sensitive and acne prone.I bought this firstly cause of the great color match,I wear Porcelaine.The color is fantastic,matches totally my skin tone,the texture is light,it blends easily,covers imperfections,even your skintone,adds luminosity without being greasy.Sometimes i feel that it is a bit dry.I think that is because i use the Mineral Powder by Laura Mercier,that is completely oil free and reduces shine.Too completely oil free products dryed me out. But this tinted moisturiser is one of the few best out there! Many colors for every skin tone.Recommended!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2010 2:06:00 AM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

UPDATE: I no longer use this because it has parabens.
I thought it couldn't get any better than the Laura Mercier regular TM - until I tried this! It provides the same beautiful results as the regular TM, but has the added bonus of not getting oily after a few hours! The regular TM looks gorgeous for a few hours, but then I need to touch up or add powder. This one stays much better, with no powder touch up needed :)!
PROS: I love the texture - smooth and creamy, blends easily right in to skin. Looks so natural that it looks like it is my real skin - only flawless, poreless, creamy silk porcelain skin! It provides the right amount of coverage - enough so that I need just a tiny dot of concealer under my eyes on on the side of my nose, and that's it!

Today I was at the post office, wearing this new LM TM, and the lady working there commented "you have such beautiful skin, it is really the perfect complexion." Wow! I have never had someone comment on my skin before -- I really credit it to this product! it must be doing something right ;-)

CONS: umm, none really. except the price, but I'm willing to pay for what works!

Oh, one thing to note - the Oil Free version of this TM runs a tad darker than Laura M's regular TM. I wear nude in the regular, but had to go a step down to Porcelain (the lightest) in this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2010 7:39:00 PM More reviews by jaden08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE THIS! I've been on quite the laura mercier kick for a couple of weeks now and i must say everything i have purchased from her has been a hit for me. As far as this goes, this stuff is so natural looking despite layering it for additional coverage. I use this in caramel, which is a new color added to her line and im about a nc44/45 in mac, great match. Next this bad boy lasts all day and my skin is leading more on the combination side instead of being oily and i must say, the color stays true all day and blotting for me is optional. I decided to go buy this bc normally im strictly a foundation girl but my skin is in a really good state now to the point i could go bare faced but this is a better option as it pulls my whole look together. I apply with fingertips and use mac's blot powder to minimize shine and im set for the whole day. I was doing errands all day yesterday and received nothing but compliments about how pretty my skin looks, thanks laura, this was a god send and the $42 is totally justified in my book. Longtime ago i used stila's version but this lasts way longer for me when im looking for sheer coverage especially as summer approaches.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2010 11:07:00 PM More reviews by jewelryvixen305

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this product! It have faded acne scars on my cheeks and this TM blurs them out giving me a fresh look. It is very light and if only if I told you I had on MU would you know that. I love that is oil-free too! It is pricey but worth it to me. I have found Bobbi Brown TM in dark to work better with my skin tone. LM has a little red in it so it takes a few hours to blend to my complexion.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2010 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Minerva10

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm really liking this tm! I was hesitant since it doesn't seem to be a big hit with MUA, but so far it's all good. Now I will say this, I'm NOT a foundation kinda gal...don't like anything heavy/mask like on my face. That being said, I like that it provides a light coverage, adds a nice glow to my skin and so far it has not caused any breakouts (1 week in use). Now as far as the price...it's totally ridiculous! However, since I don't need but MAYBE a dime or nickel size of this to cover my face, I can see it lasting me a VERY long time, so it's worth it. UPDATE 9/22/10: I stopped using this :(. Surprise, surprise I started breaking out. The search continues for a great TM.