January 30, 2015 | 931 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Laura Mercier - Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Oil Free

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2010 2:59:00 PM More reviews by bomchickadee

I am NC30 in MAC and use the TM shade in Sand. It is a tad bit dark for me, but I noticed that once the product dries on the skin, it actually turns a little lighter and matches my skin a bit better. This has an SPF of 20 and it smells like sunscreen but doesn't linger too much. The coverage is sheer - I can still see my redness and acne scars. But Iately I've been mixing this product with my MAC Select Cover-Up concealer and using a stippling brush to apply it and the results are phenomenal! I don't have to use as much concealer as I usual do (I apply it all over my cheeks where there's redness) and it blends much more easily when mixed with the TM. The product feels a little sticky once on the face, so I have to use setting powder. However, even with setting powder, the TM loves to transfer. I would hug my boyfriend and there'd be a splotchy makeup blob on his shirt! Although for now I'm liking the results, since I mix the product with concealer, I'm sure I can find a cheaper alternative for this method.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2010 9:08:00 PM More reviews by lil_kismet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this, gave it ample opportunity to prove itself, but I just couldn't get it to work for me. While it does provide great coverage and looks great when first applied, it makes my skin feel uncomfortably oily as the day wears on and tends to make my face really shiny sometimes (even after a light dusting of blot powder). By day's end, all the product has melted off my face, so it's not very long lasting. I would not recommend this if you have even the slightest bit of oily skin. I also find the colouring to be slightly awkward -- not quite, but *bordering* orangey (I have it in Nude because Porcelain is too light for me and Sand is too dark). I can still get away with wearing Nude as long as I don't over apply. They do, however, have a new shade in Bisque, which sounds like it would be a better fit for my skintone. I won't be repurchasing though. I think I'll go back to my trusty Merle Norman tinted moisturizer after this.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2010 8:55:00 PM More reviews by Lisa86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love love love this product. I was looking for something to wear everyday that had really good coverage but was still light. I was getting really tired of wearing a full face of foundation every day. One of my friends suggested this product and after hesitating a bit because of the price I bit the bullet and bought it. They recently came out with a few new shades which was great because previously I was in between two. I purchased the Caramel shade and have been very impressed. I'll be buying this again in the future for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2010 5:42:00 PM More reviews by kashagroll

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been eyeing this product for months and finally decided to spend the $42 for it. I am truly pleased with the product. I purchased it in nude. It does everything I expected from a tm: moisturizes, covers minor flaws, even skin tone, provides spf 20, looks very natural. It looks and feels like you're wearing nothing. It makes my skin look perfectly natural and applies in seconds, doesn't look like make up on the face. I have an oily T-zone and the tm seemed to keep the shine down a bit. I still would use a blot powder throughout the day. I bought the dense oval sponges, 4 for $15 to go with it, as recommended by the MA. The sponge does not soak up excessive amounts of product so it minimizes waste. I also recommend the sponge bc you aren't adding extra oil from your fingers to your face.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2010 6:29:00 PM More reviews by pizo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I so wanted to love this. I've been wanting to try it for ages but hesitated because of the price ($42). I finally broke down and bought it after a makeup artist friend said it's the best tinted moisturizer out there.

I don't have the driest skin but I don't have the oilest either, by the time I leave for work my face is already shiny and it will only have been applied maybe 15-20 minutes. I've been using blotting papers like crazy since I started using it and still my face shines.

The coverage is amazing, it evens me out so well and yet doesn't feel overly heavy like a foundation would. I'm so sad it doesn't work for me.

It's going back and I'll continue my quest for something that covers and stays around longer than a powder but isn't heavy.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2010 3:25:00 PM More reviews by snactres

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just bought this, which is why I'm not giving it a five yet; if it stands the test of time, then I'll come back here and change it. I didn't exfoliate, wash my face, or moisturize (I always do at least two of the three before putting on my foundation), and it still looks pretty good. I find that it gives more coverage than tinted moisturizers usually do. I have tan/olive skin with light freckles and acne scars and this actually covered most of them up. I'm not expecting this to cover everything up, that's what foundation and powder are for. I'm very happy with it so far...usually my skin looks horrible with foundation on if I don't do any prep work. My skin breaks out easily, which is why I got the oil-free one. The color I'm using is caramel, which is a new shade between almond and tan.

Update, after about a month: LOVE! Updated from a 4 rating to a 5 rating. My skin looks so good with it on and it lasts pretty well...usually foundations only last half a day (6ish hrs) on me. This lasts about 8-9 hrs for me. Recommend having a lotion on before putting this on. Dewy finish. It's expensive, but it's 1.7 oz, which isn't bad, considering foundations are usually just 1 oz. I love wearing this with MUFE's HD powder, it makes my skin look luminous.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2010 2:05:00 PM More reviews by jcoyote30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

In my search for a new foundation, since my Prescriptives powder is no longer available, I was advised to try LM oil-free tinted moisturizer by the SA. If my skin wasn't so oily, I might have like this foundation because it didn't bother my sensitive skin. The coverage was good, but I just prefer something a little more mattifying.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2010 2:09:00 PM More reviews by vwterry

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was looking at three brands (Smashbox, Stila, and Laura Mercier) of tinted moisturizer at Sephora, and made the mistake of asking an employee for help. She talked me into a shade (Bisque) I worried was too dark, but of course I let the "expert" sell me something I wouldn't have bought otherwise. What a mistake, and an expensive one at that! I'm salvaging it only by mixing in the lightest shade of Cover Girl tinted moisturizer. (The LM shade is so dark that I'm actually using 2/3 CG and 1/3 LM.)

The one time I tried the LM tinted moisturizer alone, I liked it other than the color. I have enough imperfections in my skin that I like a tinted moisturizer that is not super-sheer. I just can't bring myself to buy another tube of LM in a lighter color to mix my own shade. (I ruled out Smashbox because none of their shades alone would work for me--I'd have to buy two shades and mix.) I just wish tinted moisturizers came in a wider range of colors; it's such a pain to have to mix two shades of product before applying. (I also wish manufacturers would get over the idea that all people who need shades lighter than medium have pink undertones!)

Edited to add that I did buy this again in a lighter shade, Nude. It's still not quite light enough for my skin, but it's close enough that I'm still hesitant to buy the lightest shade (Porcelain) and mix them--I am SO over having to mix shades of foundation/TM. I may change my mind when winter comes.

This isn't cheap, but I keep coming back to it because it looks so much more natural on my skin than oil-free foundations I've tried. Even foundations that are billed as age-defying (Revlon's term, but many brands make similar claims) look chalky on my skin, even when I use a moisturizer underneath. (I am breakout-prone and absolutely have to use oil-free products.)

You probably shouldn't think of this as a stand-alone moisturizer--I need (oil-free) moisturizer on my cheeks or the product goes on unevenly. It's really just an oil-free foundation.

Edited once again to add that I am over the way this product makes my t-zone look so shiny. I am still searching for a non-cakey foundation (or TM) that gives decent coverage, has staying power, and doesn't make my forehead and nose look uber-shiny.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2010 8:25:00 PM More reviews by Theaflower

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow! This was recommended to me by an SA at Sephora. I have very oily skin and was hesitant to try a tinted moisturizer but this stuff is fantastic and lets my skin breathe. I use my concealer underneath and finish with a finely-milled L'oreal powder (True match) ---the results--perfect natural looking skin that stayed oil-free for hours. Had to reapply a few dots of this and powder by 4:00 as I would have to do with ANY foundation. I used the sample up and sent my husband to buy the product! Expensive but so worth it...Try it. Highly recommend--I do not have perfect skin either!

update: Had to return to Sephora as color oxidized turning darker as day went on...better perhaps for those less seriously oily than me. Still pretty and I would have kept it if it wasn't so expensive! Am now trying Alima Pure mineral makeup ordered from their website and YSL Teint Resistent which I understand is great for oily types. Also purchased Makeup Forever's primer (the clear one) and Urban Decay's "Smog" eyeshadow (love it so far) so I walked out of Sephora spending more $$ than I did before my return...ouch!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2010 11:34:00 AM More reviews by Paolita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have extremely pale skin,combination to oily type,sensitive and acne prone.I bought this firstly cause of the great color match,I wear Porcelaine.The color is fantastic,matches totally my skin tone,the texture is light,it blends easily,covers imperfections,even your skintone,adds luminosity without being greasy.Sometimes i feel that it is a bit dry.I think that is because i use the Mineral Powder by Laura Mercier,that is completely oil free and reduces shine.Too completely oil free products dryed me out. But this tinted moisturiser is one of the few best out there! Many colors for every skin tone.Recommended!