November 23, 2014 | 1548 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Laura Mercier - Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Oil Free

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2010 8:25:00 PM More reviews by Theaflower

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow! This was recommended to me by an SA at Sephora. I have very oily skin and was hesitant to try a tinted moisturizer but this stuff is fantastic and lets my skin breathe. I use my concealer underneath and finish with a finely-milled L'oreal powder (True match) ---the results--perfect natural looking skin that stayed oil-free for hours. Had to reapply a few dots of this and powder by 4:00 as I would have to do with ANY foundation. I used the sample up and sent my husband to buy the product! Expensive but so worth it...Try it. Highly recommend--I do not have perfect skin either!

update: Had to return to Sephora as color oxidized turning darker as day went on...better perhaps for those less seriously oily than me. Still pretty and I would have kept it if it wasn't so expensive! Am now trying Alima Pure mineral makeup ordered from their website and YSL Teint Resistent which I understand is great for oily types. Also purchased Makeup Forever's primer (the clear one) and Urban Decay's "Smog" eyeshadow (love it so far) so I walked out of Sephora spending more $$ than I did before my return...ouch!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2010 11:34:00 AM More reviews by Paolita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have extremely pale skin,combination to oily type,sensitive and acne prone.I bought this firstly cause of the great color match,I wear Porcelaine.The color is fantastic,matches totally my skin tone,the texture is light,it blends easily,covers imperfections,even your skintone,adds luminosity without being greasy.Sometimes i feel that it is a bit dry.I think that is because i use the Mineral Powder by Laura Mercier,that is completely oil free and reduces shine.Too completely oil free products dryed me out. But this tinted moisturiser is one of the few best out there! Many colors for every skin tone.Recommended!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2010 2:06:00 AM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

UPDATE: I no longer use this because it has parabens.
I thought it couldn't get any better than the Laura Mercier regular TM - until I tried this! It provides the same beautiful results as the regular TM, but has the added bonus of not getting oily after a few hours! The regular TM looks gorgeous for a few hours, but then I need to touch up or add powder. This one stays much better, with no powder touch up needed :)!
PROS: I love the texture - smooth and creamy, blends easily right in to skin. Looks so natural that it looks like it is my real skin - only flawless, poreless, creamy silk porcelain skin! It provides the right amount of coverage - enough so that I need just a tiny dot of concealer under my eyes on on the side of my nose, and that's it!

Today I was at the post office, wearing this new LM TM, and the lady working there commented "you have such beautiful skin, it is really the perfect complexion." Wow! I have never had someone comment on my skin before -- I really credit it to this product! it must be doing something right ;-)

CONS: umm, none really. except the price, but I'm willing to pay for what works!

Oh, one thing to note - the Oil Free version of this TM runs a tad darker than Laura M's regular TM. I wear nude in the regular, but had to go a step down to Porcelain (the lightest) in this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2010 7:39:00 PM More reviews by jaden08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE THIS! I've been on quite the laura mercier kick for a couple of weeks now and i must say everything i have purchased from her has been a hit for me. As far as this goes, this stuff is so natural looking despite layering it for additional coverage. I use this in caramel, which is a new color added to her line and im about a nc44/45 in mac, great match. Next this bad boy lasts all day and my skin is leading more on the combination side instead of being oily and i must say, the color stays true all day and blotting for me is optional. I decided to go buy this bc normally im strictly a foundation girl but my skin is in a really good state now to the point i could go bare faced but this is a better option as it pulls my whole look together. I apply with fingertips and use mac's blot powder to minimize shine and im set for the whole day. I was doing errands all day yesterday and received nothing but compliments about how pretty my skin looks, thanks laura, this was a god send and the $42 is totally justified in my book. Longtime ago i used stila's version but this lasts way longer for me when im looking for sheer coverage especially as summer approaches.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2010 11:07:00 PM More reviews by jewelryvixen305

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this product! It have faded acne scars on my cheeks and this TM blurs them out giving me a fresh look. It is very light and if only if I told you I had on MU would you know that. I love that is oil-free too! It is pricey but worth it to me. I have found Bobbi Brown TM in dark to work better with my skin tone. LM has a little red in it so it takes a few hours to blend to my complexion.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2010 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Minerva10

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm really liking this tm! I was hesitant since it doesn't seem to be a big hit with MUA, but so far it's all good. Now I will say this, I'm NOT a foundation kinda gal...don't like anything heavy/mask like on my face. That being said, I like that it provides a light coverage, adds a nice glow to my skin and so far it has not caused any breakouts (1 week in use). Now as far as the price...it's totally ridiculous! However, since I don't need but MAYBE a dime or nickel size of this to cover my face, I can see it lasting me a VERY long time, so it's worth it. UPDATE 9/22/10: I stopped using this :(. Surprise, surprise I started breaking out. The search continues for a great TM.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2010 11:48:00 AM More reviews by ultravioletblack

REFERENCE: I am NC25-30, and I use Nude. Close enough match, a little light/pink. I heard there's a new shade, Bisque, which is suppose to be an intermediate between Nude and Sand. Worth a shot.

I find it funny how a simple tinted moisturizer can be more expensive than most foundations. That said, this is pretty much a sheer, spreadable foundation in itself. Coverage is thicker than any other TM I've tried, though it takes 2 layers to get it to foundation opacity. Even though this is Oil-free, my face still gets shiny towards the end of the day. Worse though, is the fact that I can FEEL this on my skin...and it transfers like nobody's business.

But it's still the best TM I've ever used thus far, so 4 lippies it is!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2010 6:54:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I swapped for this a while back, as I was curious how if compared to the original. The color selection is a little slim, and I also find that the Nude shade is darker in the oil-free vs the original. I am currently between an NC20 and NC25 and find the
Nude is a tad dark. Aside from that, the coverage is like that of a sheer foundation, where it evens out the skintone, but I still need concealer. The finish is like skin - not too glowy, or too matte. I did take off one lippie because I don't find that this really controls oil as it claims. My face might be like 10% less oily than with the regular, but nothing significant. The container is a cheap looking brown/maroon squeeze tube which is fairly ergonomical and sanitary. This retails for $40, but a tube will last a long time, even with daily use. Overall, I would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2010 6:42:00 PM More reviews by zeaxkr

Ok, I think its little overpriced for the quality of product.
For its defense it does what it says it does in the pakage, except the oil control. (I still have oily - perhaps even oiler, face after 3 hour or so)
Pakage Quality...I am not too crazy about it. If you don't keep yours which cap facing upward, it becomes mess inside the cap..
It does help even out some redness, but nothing else in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2010 5:10:00 PM More reviews by bettybu

I was on a hunt for a new tinted moisturizer, after concluding that maybe my mac TM was probably not the best for my pores. First of all, I love the mac TM. I barely feel it on my skin, and it doesn't make my freckles look grey. I think the light weight feel is due to the spf15... plus it doesn't smell like spf.

I went to Macy's during lunch and browsed various counters, I started at Dior and let them do my full make-up. Great service, but I felt like it was too thick. I went to work and my co-worker commented my freckles looked grey, and it didn't look as natural as before. I tried the sample another day and a friend said that it created lines on my face she never noticed with the mac TM, and admitted she never knew I even wore make up and thought my skin always looked great b4. So, thumbs down on the Dior brand TM but thumbs up on their Skinflash pen! I did buy that. I use it as a concealer and I think it made my trip to their counter worth it.

After that dissappointment, I went another day and collected various samples of TM from different counters, and so far, Laura Mercier oil-free TM is the best for my combination skin type.

Pros: My freckles don't look grey, it evens out my skin color pretty good. I don't have much acne problem and I just need minimal coverage to even out the pink tone. They reccommend I use one of those sponges to apply, (con) but I'm lazy in the AM and that takes time, so I just wash my hands and apply with my finger tips. Works great. If I do have time and want more coverage, I use the mac 187 Duo Fibre Brush (my favorite brush)...or the sponge.

Cons: it doesn't feel as light as mac, and it smells a little more like spf (probably because it's spf 20).

Overall: it's not as bad as others brands I've tried and I am hoping it is just plain better for my skin than mac. But ultimatly why I'm going to buy my first bottle tomorrow is that my co-worker looked at my face and then said, "you look really pretty today. your make-up looks nice," twice this week!

Mission accomplished.

P.S. If you are having a stressfilled day at work and work near a mall with cosmetic counters, you should go during your lunch break! Let them do your makeup, don't buy anything you don't really want, just take samples. Trust me, your stress level will go down. adn will walk back to work feeling a little more confident.