August 20, 2014 | 1495 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Laura Mercier - Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Oil Free

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2010 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Minerva10

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm really liking this tm! I was hesitant since it doesn't seem to be a big hit with MUA, but so far it's all good. Now I will say this, I'm NOT a foundation kinda gal...don't like anything heavy/mask like on my face. That being said, I like that it provides a light coverage, adds a nice glow to my skin and so far it has not caused any breakouts (1 week in use). Now as far as the price...it's totally ridiculous! However, since I don't need but MAYBE a dime or nickel size of this to cover my face, I can see it lasting me a VERY long time, so it's worth it. UPDATE 9/22/10: I stopped using this :(. Surprise, surprise I started breaking out. The search continues for a great TM.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2010 11:48:00 AM More reviews by ultravioletblack

REFERENCE: I am NC25-30, and I use Nude. Close enough match, a little light/pink. I heard there's a new shade, Bisque, which is suppose to be an intermediate between Nude and Sand. Worth a shot.

I find it funny how a simple tinted moisturizer can be more expensive than most foundations. That said, this is pretty much a sheer, spreadable foundation in itself. Coverage is thicker than any other TM I've tried, though it takes 2 layers to get it to foundation opacity. Even though this is Oil-free, my face still gets shiny towards the end of the day. Worse though, is the fact that I can FEEL this on my skin...and it transfers like nobody's business.

But it's still the best TM I've ever used thus far, so 4 lippies it is!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2010 6:54:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I swapped for this a while back, as I was curious how if compared to the original. The color selection is a little slim, and I also find that the Nude shade is darker in the oil-free vs the original. I am currently between an NC20 and NC25 and find the
Nude is a tad dark. Aside from that, the coverage is like that of a sheer foundation, where it evens out the skintone, but I still need concealer. The finish is like skin - not too glowy, or too matte. I did take off one lippie because I don't find that this really controls oil as it claims. My face might be like 10% less oily than with the regular, but nothing significant. The container is a cheap looking brown/maroon squeeze tube which is fairly ergonomical and sanitary. This retails for $40, but a tube will last a long time, even with daily use. Overall, I would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2010 6:42:00 PM More reviews by zeaxkr

Ok, I think its little overpriced for the quality of product.
For its defense it does what it says it does in the pakage, except the oil control. (I still have oily - perhaps even oiler, face after 3 hour or so)
Pakage Quality...I am not too crazy about it. If you don't keep yours which cap facing upward, it becomes mess inside the cap..
It does help even out some redness, but nothing else in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2010 5:10:00 PM More reviews by bettybu

I was on a hunt for a new tinted moisturizer, after concluding that maybe my mac TM was probably not the best for my pores. First of all, I love the mac TM. I barely feel it on my skin, and it doesn't make my freckles look grey. I think the light weight feel is due to the spf15... plus it doesn't smell like spf.

I went to Macy's during lunch and browsed various counters, I started at Dior and let them do my full make-up. Great service, but I felt like it was too thick. I went to work and my co-worker commented my freckles looked grey, and it didn't look as natural as before. I tried the sample another day and a friend said that it created lines on my face she never noticed with the mac TM, and admitted she never knew I even wore make up and thought my skin always looked great b4. So, thumbs down on the Dior brand TM but thumbs up on their Skinflash pen! I did buy that. I use it as a concealer and I think it made my trip to their counter worth it.

After that dissappointment, I went another day and collected various samples of TM from different counters, and so far, Laura Mercier oil-free TM is the best for my combination skin type.

Pros: My freckles don't look grey, it evens out my skin color pretty good. I don't have much acne problem and I just need minimal coverage to even out the pink tone. They reccommend I use one of those sponges to apply, (con) but I'm lazy in the AM and that takes time, so I just wash my hands and apply with my finger tips. Works great. If I do have time and want more coverage, I use the mac 187 Duo Fibre Brush (my favorite brush)...or the sponge.

Cons: it doesn't feel as light as mac, and it smells a little more like spf (probably because it's spf 20).

Overall: it's not as bad as others brands I've tried and I am hoping it is just plain better for my skin than mac. But ultimatly why I'm going to buy my first bottle tomorrow is that my co-worker looked at my face and then said, "you look really pretty today. your make-up looks nice," twice this week!

Mission accomplished.

P.S. If you are having a stressfilled day at work and work near a mall with cosmetic counters, you should go during your lunch break! Let them do your makeup, don't buy anything you don't really want, just take samples. Trust me, your stress level will go down. adn will walk back to work feeling a little more confident.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2010 6:41:00 PM More reviews by BrownEyes01

Got this as a sample from Sephora. I put it on today because it's a lazy day for me so I didn't want to do full makeup. Very little coverage which is expected. My only problem with it is that I keep smelling the sunscreen in it. Even as I am typing this I am just hoping that it does not give me a headache. Will not buy full size but at least I know I don't like it. Love samples.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2010 5:42:00 AM More reviews by elmatic

I have fairly oily skin and this TM is absolutely fantastic. It blends it very well and evens out my skin. I wear it over an oil free sunscreen and swipe over some powder and it lasts for most of the day.

I'm a nude, Stila 50 watts and NC30

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2010 3:21:00 PM More reviews by sas879

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product! It has good coverage and light enough to wear everyday. You really dont need a foundation if you use this. It is kind of expensive but i lasts about six months. A little bit goes a long way.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2010 6:28:00 PM More reviews by Aznavour

With acne-prone skin, I've been perfectly happy with my full-coverage MAC routine for years, and certainly wasn't looking for any sort of replacement. But then I tried this and, you know what, I'm really tempted.

Of course it doesn't compare to a real foundation in terms of coverage, but considering it's only a tinted moisturizer, it does a lovely job. Feels good, goes on smoothly, lasts all day. Good color match (I used Sand, and I'm MAC NC42).

I don't think it would completely replace my MAC but it would be a great alternate. If only it wasn't so expensive, I'd buy it in an instant.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2009 2:29:00 PM More reviews by LuLuBells

I have never broken out because of this product and I have broken out from tons of different ones. This is one of those things you can put on very quickly and poof out the door you go! Never clogs my pores and stays on all day. I love the packaging as well. I received this in a gift set and wound up running out to get the full size! I have a very light shade and a little darker shade to mix and adjust the color as my tan comes and goes. Great for evening out skin and toning down the freckles!