August 30, 2014 | 1014 users online

Liquid - Lancome - Teint Idole ULTRA [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2008 8:41:00 PM More reviews by hollywoodvixen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Three stars for Lancome's Teinte Idole. I've been using this for over a year. Recently I was running low, so for a few days, I tried out a more expensive Chanel foundation and guess what? I'm missing my Lancome ex! I have smooth skin (90% of the time) with redness and a little scarring, and Lancome's Idole covers it up gorgeously. It works very well with my MAC Studio Fix and although I have to touch up a bit during the day, it's worth it. I'm a bit tan and I love Buff 6, which is actually a tiny bit dark for me, but I make it work with blending. Also, unlike other foundations I've tried, it does blend very easily, and a little bit goes a long ways. My biggest problem is shine and I still have to deal with that when using this foundation, but otherwise, I can't complain much. If you're still unsure, get a sample.

Update : found new love in Revlon Colorstay and Almay TLC. Sorry, Lancome, but my needs just weren't being met to the standards I expect. See more reviews for more details.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2008 12:11:00 AM More reviews by diamondsky07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This foundation is awesome. Very easy to apply and a little goes a long way. It covers nicely and does not look like foundation. It makes my skin glow and look very natural, i get compliments on my skin when I wear this. It doesnt look like foundation, it looks like flawless skin. It is oil free, but I do have to blot during the day to control oil, when I do so, it does not mess up the application and looks pristine all day long. Does not need a primer, colors are beautiful, excellent for photography. Highly recommended!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2008 12:13:00 AM More reviews by KourtneyBrooke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Best foundation I've ever found!!!! I have the fairest of fair skin and Lancome really seems to get that. Most other companys make the weirdest fair colors that have too much color and sometimes too much PINK! this is perfectly fair! I wear ivoire II. Perfect for a matte finish that isn't too dry. FULL coverage. Fantastic. Can't say enough good things about it. My skin is usually pretty clear but for certain breakouts (time of the month etc..) this is the makeup that makes me feel confident. Been using it for years now. Hope it never gets discontinued.

***Edit. Wouldn't buy again!!!! EVER.Only use Everyday Minerals now. Went back to this one day(didn't repurchase, I just still had some) and I looked terrible! Took a picture of myself and wanted to CRY!!! I think I did cry.. It was bad! lol Chunked this in the garbage. Never again! Looked so chalky and gross.. Not natural at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2008 2:01:00 PM More reviews by Cindy819

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is truly the holy grail in makeup! Believe me I have tried them all from La Prairie, Mercier, EW, Chanel every last one and they all let me down. This makeup feels and smells good gives you very natural coverage but makes your skin look great although this is not true full coverage. The only thing is that if you are super oily (like me) it will no way last all day or as long as EL DW. So that is the trade off. I have red, aging, porous skin which is difficult to enhance but this one does it. Paula was absolutley right on this one!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2008 3:18:00 AM More reviews by SilverGal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Teinte Idole Ultra is light and non-greasy. It also helps to control the shine in my t-zone, the shine comes only after 6-7 hours of wearing.

The application is easy, not too messy. It's give a smooth and flawless coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2008 8:25:00 PM More reviews by moncj66

i don't know why they changed the formula..but this is still good. I don't think this lasts 14 hours compared to double wear which actually last 14 HOurs..but it made me break out so i switched to lancome. This version does seem lighter and less coverage, why did they do this, i liked the original, other than that, every thing else is the same. this last around 6-7 hours for me..i do have to blot once...during the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2008 2:36:00 PM More reviews by katymiro

I liked this foundation, because it stays in place on my oily\comb skin for a long time and is easily removed at the end of the day.I have to use powder on it too because my skin starts to shine almost immidiately after applying a foundation:(
    I use #3 and it matches good in winter, now in summer I switched to powder, because I don't like that feeling in foundation while outside it's +30 C, even in this good one!
    Spf 10 is good, but not enough for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2008 12:26:00 PM More reviews by HapaDynazty

I really loved this foundation. It kept my combo face matte. Stayed on all day long without primer. The only problem I had is that I had a very hard time finding a color match. I have lighter skin with yellow/warm undertones. First, she matched me with Ivoire 2 (C) and I am warmed toned. This is a cool but it wasn't too bad, just kind of made me look a little lighter that my normal color.. So, then I went back and they matched me with Buff 4 (C), still a cool... This was awful on me, did not match at all. I didn't understand why they kept matching me with cools, when I am definately a yellow/warm (I'm half asian). So, a THIRD time I went back and she gave me Buff 2 (W), which was the best match out of the three (obviously lol). The colors they have are a bit "off" in the teinte Idole ultra line.. Not that bad but I am hard to match being Eurasian.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2008 8:59:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Ah, this should be an improvement on the Original Teint Idole, now discontinued?
    I mean, If I buy anything that is named "ULTRA" in addition to an already existing name, I expect some improvements of any kind, right?
    Teint Idole ultra does not improve anything, to my opionion: it does NOT last the 12 or more hours it promises, I am sorry, I accept challenges on that! I get shiny at noon. Whatever powder I put to settle.
    It is lighter - probably customers wanted a lighter texture compared to the old one - which is not bad BUT it's not covering as much as the other did.
    I do not wanna say it's bad - it still is a quality foundation (no breakouts no irritations, no drying patches as often happens in other oil-free products).
    I so much loved the original Teint Idole - now discontinued alas, why do they do that with products that WORK??? - it was keeping its promises, lasting all day without budging, no shiny skin no cakey look and a full, flawless coverage (the only minus was the smell that I did not like, but it did not stay on luckily).
    This foundation is worse that its predecessor, but probably better than other foundations on the market.
    Please someone tell me - provided that they have tried both versions of the foundation - if they share my opinion!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2008 7:17:00 PM More reviews by nikarina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My foundation HG for now.
    Feels so light, looks so light, amazing coverage.
    Especially for blemishes, gets rid of the redness right away.
    MAKE SURE YOU MOISTURIZER BEFORE APPLYING!

This foundation doesn't have oil in it, however it takes oil from your face in order to stay on all day. Since I have dry skin, it looks almost gone by the afternoon. however, I continue to use because this is the only foundation I've found so far that does not break me out, as I have highly reactive skin.