November 26, 2014 | 943 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - j'adore

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2006 1:16:00 PM More reviews by thunderhead

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A very nice fragance. (My husband hates most of the perfumes, but this is the only one which he likes:))

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2006 5:17:00 PM More reviews by oople

At first spray I really liked it, a nice floral smell, lightly sweet. But after a few minutes on my skin it morphed into a more powerdery & plastic smell that I didn't like.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2006 11:04:00 PM More reviews by Goddess_Dreams

I don't really know why, but I so dislike this scent... something about it simply just reminds me of a generic hairspray smell and there is just nothing about it I find special or appealing... I've tried it a few times over the years hoping that somehow something would change and I too would experience this amazing fragrance that many women out there have claimed as their HG scent... But alas, we now know that's really not going to happen, this will never be my special scent and I really doubt that I would ever even learn to appreciate it... sadly this is probably just my chemistry that makes this one so horrible to me... By the way, I have never given a 1 lippie for any scent before but this one in my view deserves only that... Even if I don't like it I can still somewhat appreciate a scent but with J'adore that is not about to happen...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2006 5:14:00 AM More reviews by Babydollygirl

I love this fragrance, it has a base of rose and damascus plum, so its floral fruity. I really love the bottle too... Fragrance represent femininity. I love it

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2006 9:52:00 AM More reviews by Lesly101

There is nothing special about this scent whatsoever. I must agree with other reviewers - J'Adore is devoid of any personality/uniqueness - i would say this is an average "department store scent", but even at department stores you'll easily find a fragrance more interesting than this.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2006 10:15:00 PM More reviews by digit

I got a miniature bottle of this as a GWP at the Dior counter. It's not terrible, and I'm sure it smells a lot prettier on others, but meh...if I smelled this on someone, I couldn't differentiate it from any other ole dept store perfume. I gave it to my mom, and I think she won't be wearing it much, either...that being said, we're both into musky and/or gourmand scents.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2006 5:26:00 PM More reviews by snarkylyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this one! I've been working my way through, sampling all the Chanel and Dior fragrances, and J'adore is a keeper. Very pretty, and a bit lighter (for a Dior fragrance) than I had expected. I have used up my sample, and put it on my list to eventually buy a bottle, or ask for one as a gift. I wore it out to a bridal luncheon last Sunday, and got two compliments on it. I think it stands out from the crowd in a good way. Applied lightly, it is unlikely to give those around you a headache, or offend their sensibilities. Good daytime scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2006 11:17:00 PM More reviews by chubbieeprincess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a benign sweet fragrance that is not too strong, and is suitable for mixing with other stronger fragrances (like ones that have a bit of spice or fruit scents) ~ I feel like it tends to balance the stronger ones. My boyfriend likes it but feels that it smells a bit "old lady," which I guess I can see. Overall, I like it, but it's nothing spectacular. Good for everyday use.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2006 10:29:00 AM More reviews by swampbird

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

gorgeous bottle, boring fragrance. the problem is that there's just not much to it -- cute and flowery but no sexy/sensual base notes. =( it just ends up smelling like shampoo. how disappointing!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2006 11:05:00 AM More reviews by nelci1

A musky-freesia-lily (with a hint of carnations) scent mixed with some indistinct fruit (websites say peach, but I cannot smell any peach) . I love freesia, I love lily-of-the valley and I'm a big fan of "good" musks. But I hate the ozonic note and the very strange "department-store" drydown on this fragrance. Non, je ne l'adore pas - Je le déteste!!