Dior j'adore

3.8

on 8/28/2006 3:35:00 PM

this is a beautiful scent!!! IT IS NOT FOR ME=too floral for my taste but i can appreciate it's perfection...this is a holy grail for any floral lover!!!

on 8/22/2006 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Is this the JLO "Live" bottle in gold? As for the scent it is tropical and dark. This is not a scent for me. Notes:
Mandarin, Champaca Flowers, Ivy, African Orchid, Rose, Violet, Damascus Plum, Amaranth Wood, Blackberry Musk. It reminds me of a South American beauty lounging in Brazil trying to get darker while she sips on a tropical alcoholic beverage. This is a good scent for those who love the sun and to carry around mixed drinks. I can also see most Florida women wearing this as it is the epitome of the state. A very "yellow white" scent regardless of the purple undertones.

on 8/8/2006 12:32:00 AM

I had expected too much as it's considered well-known one. But the smell is so-so... I won't repurchase it!

on 8/3/2006 9:04:00 PM

i agree with the previous two reviews. this is just so dissapointing its unbelievable. maybe my expectations were high but this is a well-known perfume so i assumed it was well-known for a reason. what a let down. so generic, it reminds me of those knock-off perfumes you can buy at dollar stores that have way too much alcohol in them, thats how uninspired this is. total waste of money.

on 7/15/2006 11:57:00 PM

Hairspray. That is it. It smells like strong cheap hairspray. This scent offends me. It gives me a headache and makes me queazy. Make sure you get a sample first before paying for this.

This is in my opinion one of the most generic and insincerely pleasent fragrances I have ever smelled. And that hurts to say because I'm ga-ga for Dior. I recieved a small parfum sample in a GWP and was mildly amused by the long neck bottle with the gold ribbing. It reminded me of the stacked gold neck rings worn by some Burmese and African women, so I thought maybe it would have an exotic inspired composition of woods or spices or maybe it was some off beat oriental. I can honestly say I've never been so underwhelmed by a scent with such an impressive name and maker. I'd say 70% of mid end department store fragrances smell exactly like this - not offensive, but not memorable in anyway. I can't even detect the individual notes.

on 6/30/2006 1:16:00 PM

A very nice fragance. (My husband hates most of the perfumes, but this is the only one which he likes:))

on 6/26/2006 5:17:00 PM

At first spray I really liked it, a nice floral smell, lightly sweet. But after a few minutes on my skin it morphed into a more powerdery & plastic smell that I didn't like.

I don't really know why, but I so dislike this scent... something about it simply just reminds me of a generic hairspray smell and there is just nothing about it I find special or appealing... I've tried it a few times over the years hoping that somehow something would change and I too would experience this amazing fragrance that many women out there have claimed as their HG scent... But alas, we now know that's really not going to happen, this will never be my special scent and I really doubt that I would ever even learn to appreciate it... sadly this is probably just my chemistry that makes this one so horrible to me... By the way, I have never given a 1 lippie for any scent before but this one in my view deserves only that... Even if I don't like it I can still somewhat appreciate a scent but with J'adore that is not about to happen...

I love this fragrance, it has a base of rose and damascus plum, so its floral fruity. I really love the bottle too... Fragrance represent femininity. I love it

Popular Fragrances