December 18, 2014 | 899 users online

Fragrances - Dior - j'adore

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2006 9:04:00 PM More reviews by genica

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

i agree with the previous two reviews. this is just so dissapointing its unbelievable. maybe my expectations were high but this is a well-known perfume so i assumed it was well-known for a reason. what a let down. so generic, it reminds me of those knock-off perfumes you can buy at dollar stores that have way too much alcohol in them, thats how uninspired this is. total waste of money.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2006 11:57:00 PM More reviews by fiddles1

Hairspray. That is it. It smells like strong cheap hairspray. This scent offends me. It gives me a headache and makes me queazy. Make sure you get a sample first before paying for this.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/2/2006 3:12:00 AM More reviews by PeroxideGloss

This is in my opinion one of the most generic and insincerely pleasent fragrances I have ever smelled. And that hurts to say because I'm ga-ga for Dior. I recieved a small parfum sample in a GWP and was mildly amused by the long neck bottle with the gold ribbing. It reminded me of the stacked gold neck rings worn by some Burmese and African women, so I thought maybe it would have an exotic inspired composition of woods or spices or maybe it was some off beat oriental. I can honestly say I've never been so underwhelmed by a scent with such an impressive name and maker. I'd say 70% of mid end department store fragrances smell exactly like this - not offensive, but not memorable in anyway. I can't even detect the individual notes.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2006 1:16:00 PM More reviews by thunderhead

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A very nice fragance. (My husband hates most of the perfumes, but this is the only one which he likes:))

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2006 5:17:00 PM More reviews by oople

At first spray I really liked it, a nice floral smell, lightly sweet. But after a few minutes on my skin it morphed into a more powerdery & plastic smell that I didn't like.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2006 11:04:00 PM More reviews by Goddess_Dreams

I don't really know why, but I so dislike this scent... something about it simply just reminds me of a generic hairspray smell and there is just nothing about it I find special or appealing... I've tried it a few times over the years hoping that somehow something would change and I too would experience this amazing fragrance that many women out there have claimed as their HG scent... But alas, we now know that's really not going to happen, this will never be my special scent and I really doubt that I would ever even learn to appreciate it... sadly this is probably just my chemistry that makes this one so horrible to me... By the way, I have never given a 1 lippie for any scent before but this one in my view deserves only that... Even if I don't like it I can still somewhat appreciate a scent but with J'adore that is not about to happen...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2006 5:14:00 AM More reviews by Babydollygirl

I love this fragrance, it has a base of rose and damascus plum, so its floral fruity. I really love the bottle too... Fragrance represent femininity. I love it

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2006 9:52:00 AM More reviews by Lesly101

There is nothing special about this scent whatsoever. I must agree with other reviewers - J'Adore is devoid of any personality/uniqueness - i would say this is an average "department store scent", but even at department stores you'll easily find a fragrance more interesting than this.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2006 10:15:00 PM More reviews by digit

I got a miniature bottle of this as a GWP at the Dior counter. It's not terrible, and I'm sure it smells a lot prettier on others, but meh...if I smelled this on someone, I couldn't differentiate it from any other ole dept store perfume. I gave it to my mom, and I think she won't be wearing it much, either...that being said, we're both into musky and/or gourmand scents.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2006 5:26:00 PM More reviews by snarkylyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this one! I've been working my way through, sampling all the Chanel and Dior fragrances, and J'adore is a keeper. Very pretty, and a bit lighter (for a Dior fragrance) than I had expected. I have used up my sample, and put it on my list to eventually buy a bottle, or ask for one as a gift. I wore it out to a bridal luncheon last Sunday, and got two compliments on it. I think it stands out from the crowd in a good way. Applied lightly, it is unlikely to give those around you a headache, or offend their sensibilities. Good daytime scent.