July 29, 2014 | 1090 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Satin Lipstick - Myth

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2009 2:56:00 PM More reviews by cosmicdebris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

For my skin tone (NC25-30) its pretty great! I bought several of these just because I love it so much. I wear Loreal Glam Shine Juice "juice sand" over it and pair it with a sultry dark smokey eye and I'm good to go. MYTH is a holy grail for me as I wear this look alot. One of MACs best lipsticks IMO!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2009 1:48:00 PM More reviews by Yuumii

At first I did not like this one at all. :( I am EXTREMELY pale, and the first time I tried Myth it was just too dark for me. Then one day I figured I would try it again, and it seems to work for me now :) I don't spend much time in the sun, and when I do, I don't really tan.. so I know it wasn't that! ;D Since I absolutely LOVE the "no-lips" look along with a smokey eye, I sometimes put just a little concealer over the top of Myth to make it even lighter. Works wonderfully and now I just ove it to death. :) Very very long lasting, lasts all day!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2009 3:25:00 AM More reviews by definelove

I wish I could love this lipstick, but I just can't! I'm an NC40 and this is wayy too nude for my skintone, when I put it on it wipes out my lip color completely and makes me look really sick. I'd recommend this for someone with fair skin (NC 25 or under). The best way I've found to use this lipstick is to lightly dab it on my lips then apply some lipgloss.. other than that, it's not a pretty sight on my lips.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2009 4:46:00 AM More reviews by tawnyinthepink

HATE this lippie...doesn't work on naturally pigmented lips! OMG I look like death walking...NOT attractive in the least! :(

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2009 4:20:00 AM More reviews by somohlala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

For reference, I have medium (on the tan side) Asian tone.

This color DOES NOT work for me. It's too bright peach and chalky. It's not a nude color, more of concealer-that-does-not-match. It also doesn't cover my pigmented lips, so you see streaks of your natural lip color showing up.

I can understand it looks good on Caucasians or people who have pink undertone skin.

If you are a medium-tan Asian like me, I would recommend Brave New Bronze, Cherish or Beige from Bobbi Brown for the PERFECT NUDE lip color!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2009 12:52:00 AM More reviews by babitcake

This lipstick shade is more what I was aiming for when I purchased Hue, although I still really love Hue. Myth is the perfect nude shade for my skin tone, and it seems to have a very decent staying power on me- even after my boyfriend kisses me to death right after doing my makeup! I have extremely fair skin so this really doesn't look like a huge contrast for me, or wash me out. I use it because I love the nude lip shade look, and I prefer to draw attention to my eyes. I'd give it 6 lippies if I could!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2009 2:08:00 AM More reviews by viibrant

This product is perfect for those who want a nude lip. I'm an NC35-NC40 and this product alone completely washes me out. I like to dab the lipstick on my lips so I can control how light I want them to be. A little bit of this product paired with any sheer lipgloss looks very nice, but I love this product when paired with a Tinted Lip Conditioner. When I think a lip color is too intense, I like to pair it with this to tone down the intensity. This product is also great when you want the real color of your lipstick/lipgloss to show. Myth can look very chalky at times so it is very important to use a light sugar scrub if your lips are chapped. You always want to make sure your lips are smooth and moisturized before applying this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2009 12:20:00 PM More reviews by Melodieee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

I absolutely love love love this color. I originally wanted Cherish but once I tried this one I fell in love. So so so pretty! I use this almost everyday and I love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2009 9:20:00 AM More reviews by gabbster123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Perfect nude lip for me. My lips aren't that pigmented to begin with but this ocvers them and gives them a peachy nude color that I love. I use this during fall through spring since during the summer I get a slight tan so it will look off but its a great nude for a smokey charcol eye or a smokey neutral eye.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2009 8:21:00 PM More reviews by ObliviousK

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this! I just bought it today and am wearing it for the first time. First off, I'll say that I am VERY picky when it comes to lip color. I don't like anything too heavy-feeling because it's annoying, however I really like this. I've been looking for the perfect nude lipstick that will easily erase most of the pigmentation in my lips...this does the job! I used a sheer, light pink gloss over it to add a little color and shine(I didn't want an overly dramatic look) and it is absolutely gorgeous. As long as your lips are exfoliated and moisturized, there shouldn't be any issues- the staying power is normal for a lipstick, nothing miraculous. Overall, I'm very satisfied.