April 18, 2014 | 904 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Satin Lipstick - Myth

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2009 12:52:00 AM More reviews by babitcake

This lipstick shade is more what I was aiming for when I purchased Hue, although I still really love Hue. Myth is the perfect nude shade for my skin tone, and it seems to have a very decent staying power on me- even after my boyfriend kisses me to death right after doing my makeup! I have extremely fair skin so this really doesn't look like a huge contrast for me, or wash me out. I use it because I love the nude lip shade look, and I prefer to draw attention to my eyes. I'd give it 6 lippies if I could!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2009 2:08:00 AM More reviews by viibrant

This product is perfect for those who want a nude lip. I'm an NC35-NC40 and this product alone completely washes me out. I like to dab the lipstick on my lips so I can control how light I want them to be. A little bit of this product paired with any sheer lipgloss looks very nice, but I love this product when paired with a Tinted Lip Conditioner. When I think a lip color is too intense, I like to pair it with this to tone down the intensity. This product is also great when you want the real color of your lipstick/lipgloss to show. Myth can look very chalky at times so it is very important to use a light sugar scrub if your lips are chapped. You always want to make sure your lips are smooth and moisturized before applying this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2009 12:20:00 PM More reviews by Melodieee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

I absolutely love love love this color. I originally wanted Cherish but once I tried this one I fell in love. So so so pretty! I use this almost everyday and I love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2009 9:20:00 AM More reviews by gabbster123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Perfect nude lip for me. My lips aren't that pigmented to begin with but this ocvers them and gives them a peachy nude color that I love. I use this during fall through spring since during the summer I get a slight tan so it will look off but its a great nude for a smokey charcol eye or a smokey neutral eye.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2009 8:21:00 PM More reviews by ObliviousK

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this! I just bought it today and am wearing it for the first time. First off, I'll say that I am VERY picky when it comes to lip color. I don't like anything too heavy-feeling because it's annoying, however I really like this. I've been looking for the perfect nude lipstick that will easily erase most of the pigmentation in my lips...this does the job! I used a sheer, light pink gloss over it to add a little color and shine(I didn't want an overly dramatic look) and it is absolutely gorgeous. As long as your lips are exfoliated and moisturized, there shouldn't be any issues- the staying power is normal for a lipstick, nothing miraculous. Overall, I'm very satisfied.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2009 10:37:00 AM More reviews by pixieflwr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Myth is a great lipcolor if you're trying to achieve a certain look, which has been described as "The Bridget Bardot Look." MAC's website describes it as a "pale muted peachy beige (satin)." I don't think this lipcolor is for every day office use, because, while it is muted, it isn't natural looking. Like others, I like to wear it with a smokey eye. It does a great job of covering my pigmented lips. My advice to moisturize and exfoliate lips before applying. I also use a nude pink liner, blend and apply gloss. My husband complimented me on the color. I like the satin finish. The staying power is average.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2009 1:00:00 PM More reviews by ManhattanMermaid

When I 1st wore this, my Boss liked it so much she went out and bought one for herself.

This color by itself washes me out. BUT, used with Spice lipliner it looks fabulous! I use Spice to line, then apply the l/s, then use the liner again to shadow the outer corners of the lips to create a pouty effect. <3 NC25-30

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2009 8:53:00 PM More reviews by morgan522

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

gorgeous nude color.
i have very pigmented lips, and its a gorgeous peachy pink, so it doesnt just look like concealor lips.. only thing is that you can put it on like lipstick, you kind of have to dab it on to your lips, because its color is so pigmented, but definatley a great nude:)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2009 8:42:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

This is my first MAC lip product. Its very matte and is great for my skintone. The only thing I really don't like is that is a little too matte and a little dry so I usually have to wear some pink shimmery lip gloss over it to give it a little bit more colour. If you're looking for a great nude colour, I'd highly recommend this lipstick!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2009 6:11:00 AM More reviews by SonyaAdams

While this lipstick does absolutely NOTHING for me (except make me look a bit dead), it's a great addition in my kit. I've had only two clients ever be able to pull it off with just clear gloss over it, but using different colors of lipglass usually makes it a very usable nude.