October 30, 2014 | 1565 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Satin Lipstick - Myth

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2009 9:34:00 PM More reviews by hayleyxsuicide

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

tried this on once at a MAC counter
looked super pretty in the tube
hateddd it on , it looked way too orange
so i bought blankety instead
i've seen many gorgeous looks with myth lately
so i decided to give it another try
bought it today and tried it on when i got home
i love it , my new fave lipstick
cant wait to try it with diff. lipglosses and looks

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2009 2:12:00 AM More reviews by joanpante

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love the color for a nude lip look but it didnt really show up on my top lip since its more pigmented than my bottom lip. Whenever I wear this my lips tend to flake and the texture is really REALLY dry.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2009 4:27:00 PM More reviews by bellaspots

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's with uttermost gravity that I declare: Myth means serious business. And with over 200 reviews, I see it's of some common importance for us lippie-loving beauties.

You're no doubt on the hunt, foraging for that one ultimate shade of nude to out-nude all others, sagely comparing formulas, shades and finishes, holding onto your pennies until you meet the one that will romance your lips like no other lothario, but if you've zoomed in on Myth online - Stop! - I pray, because Myth mayn't be your perfect nude.

My quest for that everyday natural-nay-not-invisible pout may be over (oh, how boring has life been since...), but is it Myth? Sorely not. Apart from Christmas '08, it's been nothing more than a handful of one-night stands. The poor thing sits forlornly in my drawer, shiny and rejected. Why? I sense you wonder, well, as perfectly peachy as it may be (texture, shade, and price are spot on), my Myth-ened lips do something myth-ical, and may do similar to yours. The lipstick, a magician's baton, washes away all colouring and, voila, the lips do a disappearing act.

Suffice to say, I'd need to muster more strength wearing Myth than emboldened, "Look at me!" Mac Red a la Dita Von Teese. I concede, a most splendid colour on porcelain and Scandinavian colouring with true oyster-pink pouts (ugh, you undeserving lot), but on rosy like mine or darker, Myth shouts, nay, screeches: 'I am doing lipstick, and wrongly'. Not natural, not desirable.

No biggie if you've erred like me, the shade is delightful for powdery dolly cheeks, so do with it as a sheer blush for a girlie flush. Very Barbara Cartland (minus her garish pastel blue peepers, of course). What's more, BB's Beige (Creamy Lipstick) loves me measurably more, creamy and loving for warm undertones. Go seek there, it's frightfully wearable.

How does one describe its colour perfection? Well, seductively nude, Myth is a mesmerising nude pink-cum-beige, fleshy-toned and for the fearless. Not as daredevil as MAC's Blankety (only for fashionistas and vampires, the colour is, erm, blank), this is a good compromise for nude-lovers who don't do theatrical makeup.

On dry lips (be more vigilant with the balms, beauties!), do toothbrush-scuff and prep the lips beforehand or better yet, go for luscious Mac's Creme de Nude, a colour-match and lip-nourishing alternative.

The Satin finish troubles me - greatly (embarrassing, but c'est la vie). Difficult to apply though the texture is a smoothie, it's not creamy so prepare to do lots of buffing with a quality brush.You can't apply straight from stick and smack your lips on-the-go with this beauty, this is for die-hard beauties willing to buff, blot, powder, buff, blot, powder etc., that old mantra, seems the only solution for all-day wear. (Oh Mac, I sigh, we don't have the time....) Skip the Lip Fix too, gloss would be Myth's ruin. (If you so desire glossy nude, their Lacquer in Babied is the one)

Myth, a grand fashionable lipstick, but natural enough for shy porcelain beauties.

28 out of 39 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2009 2:56:00 PM More reviews by cosmicdebris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

For my skin tone (NC25-30) its pretty great! I bought several of these just because I love it so much. I wear Loreal Glam Shine Juice "juice sand" over it and pair it with a sultry dark smokey eye and I'm good to go. MYTH is a holy grail for me as I wear this look alot. One of MACs best lipsticks IMO!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2009 1:48:00 PM More reviews by Yuumii

At first I did not like this one at all. :( I am EXTREMELY pale, and the first time I tried Myth it was just too dark for me. Then one day I figured I would try it again, and it seems to work for me now :) I don't spend much time in the sun, and when I do, I don't really tan.. so I know it wasn't that! ;D Since I absolutely LOVE the "no-lips" look along with a smokey eye, I sometimes put just a little concealer over the top of Myth to make it even lighter. Works wonderfully and now I just ove it to death. :) Very very long lasting, lasts all day!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2009 3:25:00 AM More reviews by definelove

I wish I could love this lipstick, but I just can't! I'm an NC40 and this is wayy too nude for my skintone, when I put it on it wipes out my lip color completely and makes me look really sick. I'd recommend this for someone with fair skin (NC 25 or under). The best way I've found to use this lipstick is to lightly dab it on my lips then apply some lipgloss.. other than that, it's not a pretty sight on my lips.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2009 4:46:00 AM More reviews by tawnyinthepink

HATE this lippie...doesn't work on naturally pigmented lips! OMG I look like death walking...NOT attractive in the least! :(

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2009 4:20:00 AM More reviews by somohlala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

For reference, I have medium (on the tan side) Asian tone.

This color DOES NOT work for me. It's too bright peach and chalky. It's not a nude color, more of concealer-that-does-not-match. It also doesn't cover my pigmented lips, so you see streaks of your natural lip color showing up.

I can understand it looks good on Caucasians or people who have pink undertone skin.

If you are a medium-tan Asian like me, I would recommend Brave New Bronze, Cherish or Beige from Bobbi Brown for the PERFECT NUDE lip color!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2009 12:52:00 AM More reviews by babitcake

This lipstick shade is more what I was aiming for when I purchased Hue, although I still really love Hue. Myth is the perfect nude shade for my skin tone, and it seems to have a very decent staying power on me- even after my boyfriend kisses me to death right after doing my makeup! I have extremely fair skin so this really doesn't look like a huge contrast for me, or wash me out. I use it because I love the nude lip shade look, and I prefer to draw attention to my eyes. I'd give it 6 lippies if I could!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2009 2:08:00 AM More reviews by viibrant

This product is perfect for those who want a nude lip. I'm an NC35-NC40 and this product alone completely washes me out. I like to dab the lipstick on my lips so I can control how light I want them to be. A little bit of this product paired with any sheer lipgloss looks very nice, but I love this product when paired with a Tinted Lip Conditioner. When I think a lip color is too intense, I like to pair it with this to tone down the intensity. This product is also great when you want the real color of your lipstick/lipgloss to show. Myth can look very chalky at times so it is very important to use a light sugar scrub if your lips are chapped. You always want to make sure your lips are smooth and moisturized before applying this product.