Clinique Take The Day Off Eye Makeup Remover eye

4.1

Water, Isohexadecane, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trisiloxane, Peg-4 Dilaurate, Lauryl Methyl Gluceth-10 Hydroxypropyldimonium Chloride, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Edta, Phenoxyethanol

on 1/24/2009 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Doesn't sting my eyes which is definitely a plus! Gets all of my mascara and eyeliner off without too much effort. I have to swipe a couple extra times over my eyes when I'm wearing anything waterproof or my mac fluidline eyliner.

it is a bit of an oily texture, but the SA assured me its oil free. Not sure, but it hasnt broken me out or anything

on 1/23/2009 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This has been a great remover for me. Feels good going on, not really a smell or fragrance to it. Takes of my mascara nicely, which is always the tough one for me. The Mary Kay remover may be better than this one, but otherwise this is the best one so far.

on 1/21/2009 2:58:00 AM

I used this for a long time before I switched to oil free makeup removers. I use it mainly to remove waterproof mascara and it works good. It does take awhile to remove the makeup as opposed to quick complete removal, but it does work better than the one from Lancome. I can't recall the name now, but its a similar product in blue liquid. The screw cap of this product is quite unique. Its got a lock system whereby if you want to unscrew the bottle, you can't just unscrew it as per normal, but you need to push the cap down first and then unscrew to release the lock function. I used to find this troublesome initially, but later grew to appreciate and like it as I realised if you need to carry the item around, say for travel, the bottle would never leak and damage all your other toiletries. I probably might repurchase if I ever come back to needing an oil based eye makeup remover.

on 1/19/2009 5:26:00 PM

Not a big fan. It does what it's supposed to and removes eye make up really well, even my hard-to-shift waterproof mascara comes off instantly. Also, it doesn't irritate my eyes like a lot of eye make up removers do.

However.. it is really oily and I feel like I've got greasy smears blurring my vision for ages afterwards! Also, really don't like the child-proof bottle - I find it difficult to open, and after just a couple of uses the usual Clinique silver cap came off and I've been left with the really cheap white plastic cap that's underneath. I wouldn't buy this again, mainly because I don't like the greasiness.

on 1/13/2009 1:13:00 PM

This product does a great job of removing waterproof mascara and lip stains. It leaves my skin feeling soft after using. One bottle will last a long time so it's a good value.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Not a fan. I generally like clinique, but this product not so much. I find myself needing to use a lot of product for not a lot of makeup and get an oily feeling after, which is generally alright since I follow up with cleanser and such. It removes makeup but for me it seems to take a lot of rubbing.

on 1/4/2009 6:37:00 PM

Omg. awesome product. it takes off waterproof within seconds as well as regular makeup. so easy. I love the super tight cap. :]

on 12/31/2008 3:45:00 PM

It works pretty good, IMO. At times, it can get a bit "greasy"- feeling. I believe you can use a drugstore brand makeup remover & it would work just as good/great.

on 12/27/2008 7:17:00 PM

I must say, this does what it claims to do: it does take all makeup off. My complaint? It also takes away all my skin's natural (the good) oils. Everything. Literally.

So what I'm left with is a dry canvas, a very dry canvas. My skin felt tight and dehydrated, like it fought a water-tug-of-war and lost. Not good. And I have combo skin, leaning towards oily.

What did I discover about this (which is why I'm giving it any lippies at all) is that it's great as a on-the-go brush cleanser. It's not great for the brush bristles, but like I said, it does a great job on the go.

on 12/21/2008 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I'm basically over Clinique but they do have the best makeup removers on the market imo. This one is no exception. Takes off eye makeup with such ease, zero effort is required. Much better then pricier brands like Chanel, Lancome, Dior etc. The only con for me for this one is that it is a bit greasy and it feels as though residue is left behind. No irritation or stinging though. For the reason of the greasiness I prefer its sister product Clinique Eye Makeup removing solvent. But this is hands down the best eye makeup remover I have tried to date.