Honey

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Honey, propolis (some versions)

on 11/5/2008 7:04:00 AM

I used to apply aspirin mixed with honey on my face every two days and it helped me a lot! Honey is very good against any kind of problems on your face AND hair :) ifor example, if you skin and/or scalp is dry, yu can just apply honey on it (for your hair: mix it with shampoo) and it does wonders!

It's weird that I love honey so much, yet never EAT it :P

on 11/1/2008 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Honey is a great deep moisturizer for HAIR. Try using 1 dollop honey to 2 dollops conditioner. It will not be sticky at all once it is mixed in your palm. Distribute evenly through the hair and let it sit while you do other showerly things. It will rinse cleanly and leave your hair soft and moisturized. This is especially helpful in the winter for my hair! If you have a deep conditioning heated cap, try mixing aloe vera, honey and conditioner in equal parts together, applying it from scalp to ends, and sitting under the cap for 30 minutes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I suffer from constant breakouts and cystic acne and *nothing* topical i've tried has cleared up my acne nor prevented it, and I've tried most things. I use to use Aveeno sensative skin products, which I still like, but they didn't treat the acne. Thought I still use the night cream. I think my acne is hormonal and i'm on BC, soon to be taking Spiro, and i've tried benzoyl peroxide treatments, (which made things 50X worse) among other things. I've also changed my diet drastically. Then I tried raw organic honey. I use it as a cleanser after my oil free make up remover. I mix it with nutmeg and cinnamon. I'll then leave it on for 5-30 minutes or sleep with the mask on every once in a while or if things are really bad. after i wash off i follow up with a really good oil free moisturizer and that's it. My skin looks significantly better than when I was using any conventional store bought treatment. The spots are healing up very well and much more quickly. I've also heard the honey helps with scars but it's too soon for me to tell. the honey completely healed the peeling and flaking from the bezoyl peroxide, which was a nightmare on top of the nightmare of acne. I'm now going to try Wedderspoon Manuka Honey 16+, and I have confidence this will be even better than what i use now. I feel like since I broke out with severe hormonal acne last month I looked like a meth addict or someone with chicken pox. It was all red and horrible looking, esp when my skin was dry from BP. When i started using my honey regime, my boyfriend commented on how it looked like my skin was improving. initially he probably thought using honey was silly but i'm seeing real results, real fast. it's not a miracle cure, but it's better than anything else i've tried. Tastes and smells nice too.

Skin type : insanely acne prone (with active acne), prone to clogged pores and very oily
Duration of use : more than a year

This is no miracle, but I've long since given up on skincare miracles. I love using a raw honey face mask (I get my raw honey from the farmer's market in the summer. It's fairly cheap and very fresh.) once a week or more. I use generic Retin-A gel but still like the idea of doing a face mask. Clays are usually too harsh and everything else seems to sting and irritate my skin. Raw honey calms my skin and usually calms any breakouts I have.

I don't believe it prevents breakouts or even treats them, but I believe it calms the irritation. I apply about 1 teaspoon of raw honey to a damp face and neck (when I try to apply it to a dry face and neck, it irritates my skin). I leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes and then rinse it with lukewarm water.

That's it. I don't add anything to it or leave it on for a really long time. I believe that perhaps some irritation that people get it due to their application. As stated above, when I applied it to dry skin, there was too much friction and it causes irritation and also when I would leave it on more than 20 minutes, I noticed irritation.

I apply aloe vera gel after and call it a night. continued >>

on 10/22/2008 12:11:00 PM

I am amazed...... believe me I am a picky customer and it doesn't happen a lot.
I was never very into the kitchen and beauty salon in combination idea, cuz past a few tests didn't impress me at all. Nothing horrible like allergy happened. Just NOTHING happened, good or bad, after I wash the mess off my face. So I decided to just stay with beauty counters.
Not this time with honey. I put it on last night, waited for 30 min, then washed off and finished with my routine. I see my skin tone evened out instantly. All red marks from my periodic breakout lightened. What is even better is, it lasted. When I woke up this morning I see the same --much evener tone. It's definitely not an illusion cuz I ended up using half amount of foundation and almost no need for concealor touch-up afterwards. No other high-end masks have worked this well---Valmont, Chantecaille, etc.

OK let me calm down. After all I've just used it once. I will keep the experiment and update my review.

Edit: It's been 3 weeks and still working! I even replaced my morning cleanser with honey--Spread a bit on, brush my teeth, then wash off. Nothing has worked better. Love it.

Even though I will continue using this it isn't doing wonders for my skin as everyone else raves. My oily, sensitive skin remains cursed with acne. I used raw organic honey and didn't see a difference with regular. I'll use this again just because it's a little bit better than the aspirin mask.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Sometimes my sensitive skin gets irritated (badly) and nothing I can do calms it down except for honey overnight. I can't use this all over my face for more than one night because then I break out a little, but when I use this sparingly as a spot treatment on dry/flaky areas and once overnight when my face wants to burn off my skin is soothed, moist and glowing! Honey is great for skin, and I don't mind if I get some in my hair because it works nicely in hair too!

on 10/15/2008 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I'm just a poor college student so I steal packets of honey from my cafeteria! I'm on the CG method of washing my curly hair, and I mix equal parts of honey and conditioner together to wash my hair (no shampoo for my hair!). It really cleans out mild build up in my hair and at the same time, moisturizes extremely well since it's a humectant. My hair looks amazing each time I wash with honey!

As a mask, I'm not sure how this works. But for hair, particularly curly hair, it's really amazing.

on 10/15/2008 1:22:00 PM

Great mask. Very moisturizing and gets off that ugly, rough top layer of skin. I love it. (A little messy, make sure to tie hair off face :)).

on 10/5/2008 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

For the last month I have been cleansing with Cerave and using raw organic honey as a mask and my skin has never been better. The honey literally makes my skin glow. I have very oily skin and the combination of these two have really seemed to balance it out. When I do the honey mask I don't really have to use moisturizer. Today I had an allergic reaction to chemical SPF and honey was the only thing that would calm my skin down. I will repurchase again and again.

Popular Treatments (Face)

Retin A
Lemon Juice
Nerium AD

Video Reviews & Tutorials

2 in 1 DIY Face Mask and Healthy Snack: Collab! by Orange mint Pop

Top Rated Treatments (Face)

Top Rated No Brand (DIY or homemade) Products