April 21, 2014 | 912 users online

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2008 11:39:00 PM More reviews by nhoang26

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i've stopped using my normal face wash (Murad's) and instead use honey... it's so much cheaper and my acne is under better control
also, my skin tone looks
honey is natural so it is much better for your skin than harsh chemicals

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2008 9:09:00 PM More reviews by superficialbeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

results: red, slightly itchy skin

Caution to those with sensitive skin.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2008 8:10:00 AM More reviews by beaddamned

I have dry, sensitive acne prone skin. I have used all manner of antibiotics, expensive alphahydroxy creams, gentle cleansers, etc. My skin is 'okay' but it looks dull and I get zits (cystic and otherwise) around chin and jaw. Decided to try raw honey, and it's only been 2 days, but I'm IMPRESSED. My skin just looks 'brighter' and some of my acne is clearing up. I just wash face with gentle cleaners (Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser or Cetaphil), smear honey on face (the raw honey is thick and doesn't run too much), let it sit for about 30 minutes, and rinse with warm water. That's it. I'm going to keep at this. I feel hopeful -- my skin really does look nicer!

UPDATE: still going strong. Cystic acne at bay and skin is looking brighter!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2008 11:25:00 AM More reviews by bitterchoc0787

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Great product! As in this is really good stuff. I've never considered honey as a skincare product but it has wowed me over the past few months. Initially, I didn't think much of it but I realised that the effect only shows after 2 or 3 uses. I used to get like one or two zits a month and I had some rough patches and little bumps on the side of my face but the honey mask has put an end to it. I rarely ever get zits nowadays. My pores are smaller and my skin is less oily. Of course, my makeup has also helped my complexion to look smooth. I use alima's foundation and the everyday mineral's flat top brush has worked amazingly well with it, and my makeup goes on so smoothly because of this honey mask. 1 tbsp raw honey with 1/4 tsp apple cider vinegar has worked best for me. Hope this works for you girls too!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2008 8:34:00 PM More reviews by frostygrrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I never would have put honey on my face again if I hadn't read all the reviews here. I tried it a few years ago in high school, and it was awful- sticky and runny and everywhere! I got a bad breakout the starting last weekend, and I had a huge, painful, red cyst on my forehead, and 2 smaller ones on my cheek. I dabbed honey on each with a q-tip and left it on overnight. The next morning, one was significantly smaller and no longer painful. The monster cyst was still painful, but had went down. It's 2 nights later and the monster cyst is practically gone! This morning I mixed some honey in with my moisturizer, and its definitely gotten smaller throughout the day! Seriously, this stuff is amazing. I'm using raw honey I got at a farmers market. I won't cover my whole face with it alone- seems too messy. I have a mask on now thats 1 tablespoon Aztec healing clay, 1 tbsp honey, and 1 tbsp raw apple cider vinegar...it feels sooo good! Its definitely worth a try, especially for really huge, bad zits.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2008 2:30:00 PM More reviews by NYMinute

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading the reviews on MUA I went to my local health food store and purchased a glass jar of raw organic honey. I've been using this as a mask for about two months and I LOVE it.

When I first bought the jar I would mix up a spoonful of honey with a few aspirin and a few drops of olive oil. Slap the mixture on the face and lay down for 10 minutes. Use a washcloth and warm water to get off. That mixture brightened my skin. Good.

Then I added a little steel cut oatmeal (mashed up with my aspirin) to the mix. Same application and removal process as before. More brightness and tighter pores. Better.

Yesterday -- because I was in a rush -- I just slapped the raw organic honey on my face. Nothing else. Same application and removal process as before. BEST! I had some stress zits on my jaw line. They looked the same that afternoon after the mask. But when I woke up this morning some of them had gone totally flat and the others were flatter than before. Overall my skin looked much much smoother, almost as smooth as it looks when I have a professional facial.

I think plain raw organic honey may be the most effective brightening and smoothing mask mask I've ever used! EDIT: Still LOVING the honey in October of 08. I use it about once a week. When I have a pimple that won't go away I'll put a dab on it and leave it there for an hour or two. It really helps to bring down swelling. I tried to save money by using the honey in the bear. That honey doesn't do a thing for me. Only the organic raw honey in the jar works for me.

22 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2008 5:50:00 AM More reviews by isenephthys

omg, this is the best hair treatment ever. a friend introduced me to using honey on my long/dry/fine hair to help add weightless moisture. i was skeptical at first, but i tried it. and instantly fell in love.

i use it every time i shampoo. i get in the shower, wet my hair and apply loads of honey until my hair is saturated with it- roots to ends. then i clip up my hair and let it soak in while i go about my other shower business. then i unclip, add some honey into my shampoo then shampoo and condition as normal. (oh, be sure to rinse well. one night i was in a hurry and didn't rinse well enough- my hair dried a bit on the crunchy side.)

honey is saving me a fortune in hair treatments- from deep conditioners, volumizers, etc. not to mention all the time and emotional effort searching for a better product. i've found it. i think this might be as close to a h.g. for a hair treatment as it gets for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2008 5:54:00 PM More reviews by Jenna6686

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this as a mask the other night and I was decently happy with it. It was surprisingly easy to get off with water (I really expected an unpleasant sticky mess) and my skin felt a little softer, but no miracle had taken place. The next day though I noticed a pimple on my cheek, a place where I NEVER break out, which is a little suspicious to me. Still, I'm willing to try this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2008 5:29:00 PM More reviews by bruinsbaby119

I do a honey mask every once in a while..it leaves my skin so soft and moisturized! And THAT'S saying something cause I have the dryest skin ever. I have this really annoying zit on my cheek that hasn't budged in a week, so today I applied a mixture of honey and lemon juice on it...we'll see what happens! *fingers crossed*

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2008 11:01:00 AM More reviews by clsp88

after reading reviews i couldn't wait to try it.
my mom has a huge bottle of raw honey (i guess raw honey works best for the skin) and so i took a little bit and worked it around my face. however i think next time try to put in on a damp not like soaking face (LESS DRIPPING) . i left it for 30 minutes and washed it off. it comes of easily and at first i didn't really see a difference but i had this massive pimple and today i saw it disappearing. my face looks a lot brighter and luminescent. i would recommend this for anyone who is prepping for date night. one of the best masks i've used.