September 1, 2014 | 1142 users online

Treatments (Face) - Honey

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2008 1:25:00 AM More reviews by doe_eyed_kitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was going through a period of very little sleep and stress. As a result my face was dry, itchy and red. I used organic honey as a mask for 5 minutes every night for 2 weeks and my face felt very smooth at the end of it :) didnt cause any redness for me though... maybe becuase its organic

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2008 2:17:00 PM More reviews by chezshea7

Based on the rave reviews here I made myself an organic honey mask and left it on for 30 minutes. It was great, my skin felt so soft and smooth so I, in turn, raved about it to everyone I know...only to break out the next couple of days in deep cystic welts that won't come to a head and won't go away even with my Zeno. I have super sensitive skin that does this quite alot with new products so I'm willing to try again, fingers crossed, because I want to believe...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2008 11:52:00 PM More reviews by SuperSkin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using manuka honey as a mask and I believe I have found the Fountain of Youth. For the past 2 weeks, I have been leaving it on for 15-30 minutes at a time before rinsing. Overall my face is brighter, clearer, and more moisturized. I am acne prone and this seems to be reducing the amount of new breakouts. Initially I got about 3 small pimples that did NOT come to head and disapeared. I did not find a dramatic difference after one use, but now that I have been using it for 2 weeks I see a big difference. I no longer need to use foundation - except on my nose which is redder than my face. At the same time I started using the honey mask, I started using Cetaphil as a cleanser instead of Neutrogena oil free acne cleanser. My face is happier for it - not as stripped. Manuka honey is expensive - about $27 for 1 pound (100 teaspoons - uses) but it has antibacterial properties and is worth every penny. I first cleanse with cetaphil and then use the honey mask and rinse with warm water. Manuka honey is not not drippy, but i clip my hair back so it doesn't stick to my face :) thank you to all the reviewers here who encouraged me to try this! EDIT fyi: i've fallen out of the practice of using honey on my face. my face is pretty clear though. i use moisturizer regularly

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2008 8:05:00 PM More reviews by jcintron

I have used honey in the past for a body scrub. I mix honey and corn meal in a cup and stir it together. The great thing about the mixture is that you can make it to your preferred consistancy. So if you like a real grainy scrub you can add more corn meal to the mixture. If you don't like it as grainy just put less corn meal or more honey into the mixture. I slather the mixture all over my body. I try to use a circular motion particularly around any dry spots. This leaves my skin super soft and glowy.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/28/2008 12:59:00 AM More reviews by ibuytoomuchmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

the only pros of this is that it tastes good, it did nothing to my blemishes, and the sugars in honey actually feeds the acne bacteria.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2008 3:15:00 AM More reviews by lydeeah

I don't know what happened. Honey seemed to work for everyone else. I have acne-prone/combination skin. I didn't think it was that sensitive, but I guess it is. 5 minutes into applying the honey mask on my face, I could see that my skin was getting RED. I thought well, maybe it will be okay after the 10 minutes and when I wash it off. But by the 10 minutes I looked SO bad with these red patches all over my face. And pimples that were never really there before. I'm so scared. I put some aloe vera on it and I'm really hoping it goes away by tomorrow morning.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2008 12:59:00 AM More reviews by modernaire

Honey is the least expensive and most effective skin treat I have found. Here's how I use it: in an empty pump bottle (sold at most 99 cent stores), combine honey, brown sugar, evoo and just a little bit of milk. shake vigorously. I use it as a gentle, moisturizing cleanser after removing my makeup with a cleansing wipe. Massage it in, then rinse off. This concoction had 4 noticeable effects: 1. evenly toned 2. improved luminosity 3. smoothing and plumping 4. reduced appearance of blackheads. Just remember to refrigerate it if you've added milk to it. I'm not sure how refrigerating affects it, but I haven't had any problems so far. Try it!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2008 4:48:00 PM More reviews by elastic386

First of all, to the reviewer below me, scrubbing your face with sugar can be too harsh and cause your skin to break out. I usually use brown sugar as the grains are smaller and it is more moist and therefore less abrassive. Second of all, I LOVE using honey on my skin. I put it in all the face masks I make and on pimples, dry lips, and in my face/body scrub and also put a bit in the water when i take a bath. Awesome stuff but i don;t siggest using the one in the bear shaped bottle and always use organic honey.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2008 9:14:00 PM More reviews by tbrans

hey everyone...i actually have a question. i've been using honey and sugar as a scrub and i've completely broken out! it's close to that time of the month so this may have a little something to do with it, but has anyone else had this problem? i don't want to blame it on the honey but i'm not sure where else to point my finger..?

when i used thsi treatment in the winter there wasn't really a problem with me broke out, that's why i say i would buy it again..

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2008 7:52:00 PM More reviews by catdeluxe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use honey especially in winter times as lip moisturizer. It really does a brilliant job!