Almay Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

3.8

NEW FORMULA WITH PUMP >>> (Active Ingredient : Salicylic Acid 0.6%), Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Nylon-12, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Boron Nitride, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Talc, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Alumina, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Methoxypropylgluconamide, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Fomes Officinalis (Mushroom) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Trisiloxane, Phytantriol, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Silica, Methoxy Amodimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Methicone, EDTA, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 3/12/2009 4:49:00 PM

This had good coverage and did seem to be slightly "blemish healing" as promised. Didn't entirely zap the things, but I noticed when I removed my makeup even just after a few hours, they weren't as red and inflamed as before. It did go bad really quickly, though, and I always seemed to be in between shades. Clung to dry skin and was tough to apply without caking. I'll continue to use this only when I need extra coverage, but not as an everyday foundation.

on 2/26/2009 3:34:00 PM

this is my holy grail of foundations! i have been using it for over 3 years now and i dont know what i would do if they discontinued it! It doesnt make me break out but with my other acne medications sometimes it dries my skin out( cuz of the added medication), which just mean i need extra moisture. If you use a foundation brush and just aplly a little at a time it blends easily. You have to know how to blend or this won't work for you...nore will any other liquid make-up. it doesnt cover my really dark acne scars but it lightens them enough to where i can cover them with very little concealer. I have terrible scars but everyday because of this makeup- i get compliments on how beautiful my complection is(seriously everyday!)..i kinda feel like im cheating because i know what my skin is really like :)

on 2/16/2009 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i've been using this product on and off for more than a year now. the only reason i continue using this product is because of the name and the fact that it is said to help acne and blemishes. i have really sensitive and acne-prone skin. i wanted to find a foundation that could cover up the scars and acne i have but most importantly heal it. it doesn't do too much for my scars and blemishes. if i apply more of the foundation on it makes my face look cakey. i use this foundation with moisturizer and primer, still it doesn't do much. i'm not a big fan of the packaging and the price is average. i've bought the makeup forever hd invisible cover yesterday. hopefully it'll live up to what it says in its ads in covering up acne and blemishes.

on 2/8/2009 4:36:00 PM

I actually really liked this foundation. The formulation is okay and it doesnt cover really anything, it only softened things. But on the other hand it didnt break me out as a lot of other foundations have. It was slightly drying but a good primer could easily correct that. The consistency is quite water in my opinion and it does have quite an odd pasty smell to it. However i probably would buy it again because it was very light and great for everyday wear.

on 1/24/2009 9:38:00 PM

I originally bought this product 2 years ago - I go through this love/hate phase of liquid vs mineral makeup - and skipped it because it made my face look weird. About 2 months ago I got fed up with my regular mineral makeup and went to priceline (aussie store) and bought this stuff again. After 2 weeks my face was terrible, I put it down to this stuff but soon discovered the brand new "tough on acne, soft on skin" papulex acne system I bought was the one that made my face go mental.
I went back to this stuff and 5 days later my face hasnt reacted.
Whilst nowhere near the coverage of revlon colorstay (combo skin), my face looks natural, my acne is covered and I dont feel like I have a mask on my face.
Its not the best, but it hasnt made me break out again - and for me, thats the biggest bonus of all.

I absolutely HATED this stuff. It clogs my skin; feels like a clown's greasepaint; dries wrong; looks cheap as cheap can be; smells funny; looks either goth-pasty or fake-tan-orangey no matter what color I try and how hard I blend it; and finally, the package is not sealed for consumer protection. I found that out the hard way by buying one at the drugstore, hauling it home, opening it up, and finding it all nasty and crusted to the inside of the bottle, long since dried. Who knows who did what to that mess? That cost me a trip back to the store to exchange it for another shade which looked even worse on my face. I used to love Almay when I was younger. What happened to their stuff these days?!?

on 12/29/2008 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is good. I have a lot of foundations and this one covers blemishes and acne marks the best- makes them invisible. This morning my face was RED and blotchy and due to product changes I broke out. I brought out this baby and girls at work did not see a blemish:)

Lasts a good shift at fast food oil-slick atmosphere, and that alone skyrockets this baby into greatness.

on 12/26/2008 3:51:00 AM

My favorite foundation! I use this foundation every single day and is just awesome. I have combination skin and break out every now and then. A few years back, I started getting horrible acne. I started using this product along with other products (Purpose bar soap) and have noticed quite a difference. I don't use the powder that goes with this foundation. I prefer using a translucent shade of powder to set the foundation, then a bit a bronzer powder and a bit of blush to finish the look. I apply it with a sponge, but I've been reading how beneficial it is using a foundation brush for the overall appearance. I will start applying it with a foundation brush soon and challenge that theory myself. Try it out for a few weeks if you have acne prone skin. IT may just work for you

on 12/24/2008 10:03:00 AM

Well...this product didn't work for me that well (I bought the entire collection). I brought the medium shade and it was too dark for me and I figure that the light shade wouldn't work either (but i suppose that you can mix the colors - a light foundation with a medium powder or something). I also think that this dried my skin (but I'm not sure - since I was switching back and forth between many products). As for the skin clearing part, very few products actually work for me and this doesn't either. I gave it away.

on 12/19/2008 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I purchased this in Buff from recs from MUA and Paula Begoun. Sadly, it ended up looking cakey on me, pretty much sitting on top on my skin, not blending in. My skin is pretty light, and I think the Buff was a tad too light for me, but hey, my skin is hard to match. Unlike others, I did not mind the packaging, I like the sturdy, heavy bottle and I had no problems getting the product out. I could see how others could have problems getting the last drops out though.