September 30, 2014 | 1926 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2008 9:41:00 PM More reviews by beccasmilesss447

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i looooove this foundation
its the only thing ive ever tried that does NOT look pink or orange in the slightest way its a completly natural looking color for any complexion andd
-lasts all day
-easily blendable
-doesnt clog pores or cause breakouts
the only reason im giving it a 4 instead of 5 is because i still use a green conclealer under it just on my really RED breakouts but id deffinately recomend it :]

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2008 9:26:00 AM More reviews by Erie

I'm in love this makeup! I use the color Sand honestly this the best match i ever found for my skin! I think this makeup looks as close to natual as you can get. You can also build with this makeup for more coverage. I have been using the Klear Action acne system and this makeup during the day and my skin never looked better!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/28/2008 3:11:00 PM More reviews by lwscutie

i don't know why so many people love this foundation...
people here say it has a counter-brand result, I thought the price was cheap so I'd give it a try... it was terrible... I could totally tell I was using a cheap foundation after i put it on my face..
my skin turned very oily quickly and the color smudged off at areas that i have pimples... and the next day i even got a few new acnes .......

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2008 9:30:00 PM More reviews by monkeymoogle

product overview   |
Almay "clear complexion makeup - clears blemishes" attempts to conceal and defeat uncomplicated acne. It's active acne-fighting ingredient is salicylic acid 0.6%. It claims to clear blemishes without over-drying, prevent breakouts, and provide a flawless, shine-free final effect. I'm using "120 ivory".

impressions   |
I've been using this foundation for a very long time - over a year and one redesign of the packaging has gone by. It does most of what it claims: helps control acne, doesn't irritate my skin, and makes my skin look flawless. It blends extremely well. It does not, however, prevent shine: after a few hours of wear, my skin is nearly reflective. Also after a few hours of wear it begins to feel heavy, enough that I feel like washing my face and starting the makeup anew. I give it a high rating because in terms of dealing with acne, I've come across no better product -- in fact, when I don't use it, I tend to breakout.

packaging & price   |
It comes in a sturdy glass container with a plastic lid that secures tightly, so there's no need to worry about carrying it around in your purse. If you keep it on your countertop, the square design will prevent it from easily toppling over. At roughly $15, it's a bit pricey for a drug store makeup, but of those available it's the most worth it.

removal   |
One reviewer here asked how to remove the makeup at the end of the day. It is a bit of a stickler (it luuuurrrves your skin) so I recommend the following removal procedure: First, splash warm water on your face. Create a lather in your hands with a bar of soap. Apply the lather to your face, gently and moving in circles. Allow the soap to do its things for a couple moments. Then rinse with warm water. Works like a dream every time!

overall   |
Recommended for those with acne-prone skin. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2008 10:01:00 PM More reviews by hayley654

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

just bad. it looked so cakey.
noo thank you.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2008 1:00:00 PM More reviews by nolalolly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

i bought this product yesterday and wore it for about 5 hours.i liked it a lot it matched my skin tone pretty well and it didn't look shiny when i put it on. my skin is pretty oily and i constantly have to use oil blotting sheets but i had this foundation on for about 5 hours and didn't have to blot once. my only concern is i used clean and clear make up removing facial cleanser and it is specifically made to remove all types of make up but after i washed my face with it, it seemed like the foundation was still there i then washed my face again with cetaphil face wash then used a toner. when i was applying the toner on with a cotton ball they cotton ball was brown... SO MY QUESTION IS FOR ALL THE PEOPLE THAT USE THIS FOUNDATION WHAT FACE WASH DO YOU USE TO REMOVE THE FOUNDATION??? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LET ME KNOW THANKS!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2008 11:41:00 PM More reviews by Mirtika

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The only reason I state I'd buy it again is that with my problem skin, Almay has tended to be the foundation that offers me the least irritation in terms of eczema flare-ups and dermatitis reactions. After years of trying various foundations--from Clinique to Estee Lauder to Lancome to L'Oreal to MAC to Maybelline to Revlon and so on--I got tired of having fire-red face from allergy or eczema on the cheeks or zits or just not enough coverage or too drying or too greasy.

I used to use SKIN STAYS CLEAN by Almay, which was perfect for me. It had good coverage for my many imperfections; it didn't give me terrible allergic reactions or unduly flare-up my eczema (as long as I washed it off promptly when I got home and didn't get lazy with cleanliness at night). It even smelled clean. And for Miami, it held up well in humidity. And with the combo of Honey and Soft Tan, it covered all my color needs (Honey when I stayed out of the sun was perfect; a mixture of Honey and Soft Tan when I had some some; Soft Tan when I had a bit more sun in summer.)

But they discontinued SSC (for which I still cuss mentally at ALMAY) and this is the one left for problem skin.

It works okay, hence 3 lippies. It gives coverage of the medium+ range. The colors don't seem to match as well as with SSC. The matte finish is more clearly chalky than in SSC (dunno why). After a few hours, my skin looks dry and if I leave it on for various hours, my nose and cheeks get a bit peely. So, it clearly has a drying effect. I always use moisturizer under.

I use it cause my options are limited. It's okay.

Almay, just bring back SSC, would ya?

Mir

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2008 11:57:00 AM More reviews by emyj

Loved it for a while but it ended up drying my cheeks and nose up too much.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2008 10:54:00 AM More reviews by pizdamomma

I am so surprised with this product. I haven't used liquid foundation for about 5 years now because they all broke me out horribly and made my face an oily mess! The coverage with this is amazing... I don't even need concealer. It has a nice matte finish and lasts all day. I always have small stubborn blemishes on my face no matter what... I don't know if it's the foundation or what, but my face is completely clear now after using this product for a week. The best thing about this product (for me at least) is that it does not make me oily which is something i have struggled with for a couple of years now.
An absolute must try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2008 8:18:00 PM More reviews by HotCurry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been on a foundation binge lately. Every foundation either 1) breaks me out, or 2) doesn't control oil well enough 3) doesn't last long enough or 4) look natural. This foundation satisfies all 4 of my criteria! This gives AMAZING coverage, and is very matte, but looks so bright and natural! I apply by stippling onto skin with a cosmetic wedge, and I get medium-full coverage. BUT I strongly recommend applying this (as well as any foundation) over a moisturizer. Even with oily skin, a moisturizer will create a smoother surface for foundation to set upon, and provide easier blending. The thing I love the most, is that this stuff keeps my very oily skin matte longer than the 100's of other foundations I've tried! It doesn't oxidize, or sink into pores, it is transfer-proof, lasts ALL day, even through summer heat/sweat, and best of all, my skin is starting to clear up! I use this in "Buff" and it's a good match, for my fair neutral/golden skin. This foundation is great, but don't get the Clear Complexion powder, it's just horrible (ie. dark, orange, cakey)! I set it with Almay's TLC powder, and it lasts all day! This along with Almay's TLC foundation are the only 2 I'll wear!