Noxzema Original Skin Cream

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Water , Stearic Acid , Linseed Oil , Soybean Oil , Fragrance , Ammonium Hydroxide , Camphor , Menthol , Eucalyptus Oil , Propylene Glycol , Gelatin , Calcium Hydroxide (end)///// (ORIGINAL DEEP CLEANSING CREAM INGREDIENTS: 4/9/15): Water, Stearic Acid, Linum Usitatissimum Seed Oil (Linseed), Glycine Soja Oil (Soybean), Propylene Glycol, Gelatin, Camphor, Phenol, Ammonium Hydroxide, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Calcium Hydroxide, Menthol, Sodium Bicarbonate, Calcium Chloride, Magnesium Sulfate, Potassium Chloride, Fragrance.

on 10/19/2008 10:52:00 PM

I used all sorts of noxema when I was a teen. I honestly dont use it currently althought I still believe it would work well, but I am equally happy with my clean & clear so I will just stick with that for now. Anyway, I always loved the tingle even with the original horrid scent I still felt it was really working. Always great on sunburns too. A classic and a keeper IMHO.

on 10/17/2008 4:25:00 PM

I don't use this as a cleanser, but a friend of mine told me to use this on sunburns so your skin doesn't peel. I rubbed it into a sunburn on my chest and it never peeled and tanned. Not sure what it is about this that would make it that much better than aloe, but i thought i would share that tip.

on 10/17/2008 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love, love, love this product! My skin is oily with dryness in areas. It is prone to acne and blackheads. I have to say that this is by far the best cleanser for my skin. My skin has actually cleared up since I started using it just a week ago. I used to use this is junior high school. I should have never stopped using it. It has no parabens or strange ingredients. It just cleans nice and makes my skin soft and clear!

on 10/17/2008 2:03:00 PM

One day I will find a facial cleanser that really cleans well! I always use an astringent after I clean my face hoping the pad will still be clean once I wipe it over my face. To my despair, I still had dirty and oil on the pad. I want a gentle cleanser that works! One that actually cleans my face without extras... I do love the cream cleanser, and the camphor tingling and thou it is medicating my skin, since I blemish pone skin. I other words, it feels and smells clean, but not really clean. I guess I will keep looking...

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This by far is the best cleanser for my skin. I always stray because I think that sometimes I think "this is just too good to be true", but I always end up coming back to Noxzema. I have very sensitive skin, and since I'm a teenager I'm automatically acne-prone (I don't have bad skin, I just have to take care of my skin and it looks and behaves well)

Noxzema always gets all of the makeup off of my face and leaves my skin tingling clean after I am done. This doesn't make me breakout, in fact, my skin is better looking when I use this!

Now to clarify, I am writing about Noxzema in general. I have used the Original (in the tub), Original w/ moisture (tub), Original (pump), Exfoliating, and the Daily Cream Cleanser and absolutely all of them have worked nicely on my skin. I just am lucky and can't go wrong with Noxzema!

on 9/1/2008 1:48:00 PM

At first, I really liked noxema - the texture, the cooling effect, etc.. But after using this for a few weeks, this stuff was breaking me out along my jawline & the sides of my face - especially on the left side. I wouldn't recommend for anyone to use this product because of all the harsh ingredients. Plus it's a serious pore clogger. I left mine on like a mask since some other people said they had success with it. BAD idea. Also, the tub really sucks - very unsanitary.I'm throwing away the leftovers. No more drug store cleansers/masks/etc for me. I'm going organic, lol.

on 8/28/2008 6:16:00 PM

Noxzema used to be my HG cleanser, until I discovered that it contained gelatin - an animal ingredient. I used it for years, and I was sad to give it up, but I actually found something that works better for me and is vegetarian. Goodbye, Noxzema!

on 8/26/2008 11:15:00 PM

Oddly enough my dad uses Noxzema on his feet to soften and moisturize the skin. Also likes that it has menthol and makes his feet tingle, lol. Just thought I'd share this funny usage as he LOVES it.

Also I've used it in lieu of shaving cream and it works great and really moisturizes your legs!

And neither of use would have discovered Noxzema's hidden potentials if it wasn't my mom's favorite face cream, lol. Who btw way has beautiful skin with no blemishes and hardly any wrinkles at 50 years of age.

on 8/19/2008 10:17:00 PM

I remember using this when I was like 5..then as i grew up i decided to explore other cleansers. Well now at 20 i decided to give noxzema another shot.. My other cleanser just seemed to be drying out my face and making it look so dull.
So i decided upon Noxzema, but i really didnt remember how it would perform so i checked the reviews and it was pretty mixed so i figures for 5$ i'd test it out.
Well its been a few weeks now and my face is so soft and clean, No breakouts yet so far. I bought a big tub so i really dont know if id re-purchase again..but chances are if i dont repurchase, i will eventually come back to it again sometime.

on 7/30/2008 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

this stuff makes my skin feel VERY clean :] i love it so far, the smell doesnt bother me at all, but i just used it for the first time so i didnt know if its really working or not- if not at least its not really a draw back it was dirt cheap plus i love that its in a jar it makes it different from other products so 4 stars for now :]]

EDIT: i changed the overall rating to 3 stars after realizing it was a bit to strong - the first 2 weeks it was working really great & i saw i nice difference in my complexion but its too harsh so im off it for now its under my sink with my other dormant products lol...ill probably try it again soon maybe only once a week....