October 25, 2014 | 929 users online

Cleansers - Noxzema - Original Skin Cream

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2008 5:54:00 PM More reviews by sakuraface

this stuff makes my skin feel VERY clean :] i love it so far, the smell doesnt bother me at all, but i just used it for the first time so i didnt know if its really working or not- if not at least its not really a draw back it was dirt cheap plus i love that its in a jar it makes it different from other products so 4 stars for now :]]

EDIT: i changed the overall rating to 3 stars after realizing it was a bit to strong - the first 2 weeks it was working really great & i saw i nice difference in my complexion but its too harsh so im off it for now its under my sink with my other dormant products lol...ill probably try it again soon maybe only once a week....

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2008 1:40:00 PM More reviews by sdora

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Recently purchased this after reading good reviews in the MUA. It's been about a week or so and my skin has made a 360 degree turn. All my acne scars are fading and my skin looks so even toned and since i've been using this i havn't had any new pimple.
EDIT: Still going strong on this one. I started using it both day and night with microfiber wash cloth to remove noxzema. My skin looks flawless and i have no need to put on foundation because my skin got so much eventoned.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2008 9:37:00 PM More reviews by piksie

I have a confession: I am a major product whore. I love trying new things, fall for gimmicky packaging, marketing, and names more easily than I'd care to acknowledge. Recently, I was away from home and i ran out of my latest cleanser, an exfoliating anti-acne one by Clean & Clear. I couldn't get to a drugstore, so I went to the university's campus store and found a mini tub of Noxzema. I figured it couldn't hurt to try it, and I absolutely fell in love. I don't like to be trapped by how a product *feels* on the skin, i.e. the tingly feeling that Noxzema leaves, so I waited after I used it to see results on my skin, so as not to just go by how the product felt. When I wiped my face off after the shower, my skin, which was having some issues with acne, rough texture, and overall health, felt soothed and looked a world better. I continued to use Noxzema for a week and realized how good it made my skin look and feel. It *never* strips my skin or makes it dry or sensitive, which is very important to me because I use a prescribed acne gel which can be drying. I usually leave the cream on for a minute or so, and then scrub with a face brush or washcloth. Normally, I use oodles and oodles of products in hopes of solving my skin issues...but for the past month, it's been some Noxzema, and then some Cetaphil lotion, and I've been for the most part a very satisfied girl. For now, at least, I'm done with the gimmicks, and I'm sticking by Noxzema Original Skin Cream =)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2008 4:08:00 PM More reviews by marticica888

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Horrible horrible stuff, felt like wax on my skin even after washing it off. It is supposed to be a deep cleansing cream but it might as well be called clogging cream cuz thats what it does. Horrible. Im glad i got a sample jar only.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2008 3:57:00 AM More reviews by emonapkin

I've used this on and off for about 2 or 3 years, mostly because of the way it FELT. Every time I washed my face I felt refreshed. However, now that I'm older and wiser (haha), I think this face wash wasn't for me. The "tingly" feeling that I got is just from the menthol and other ingredients, and may have been unnecessarily drying out my skin. Even though this cleanser is a classic and very cheap, I think it's just too irritating.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2008 12:48:00 PM More reviews by Vulnavia

Oh, dear time for another edit. Unfortunately, while this did help a lot to clear up my acne initially, after about a month it actually seemed to be exacerbating it. I would still reccomend Noxzema to others, particularly if you combine it with exfoliation, as my skin is truly schizophrenic. I may try this again once my skin finishes calming down as I love it so. If this seems like it's making your face worse, try cutting back on the use or coming back to it at another time: I've never had this reaction from Noxzema before and I think it might be just a one-time thing. (Currently using Dove and Dickinson's Witch Hazel toner with some tea tree oil in there and my skin is pretty clear, for reference.)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2008 12:41:00 PM More reviews by juicycouture

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So, I was looking for something that would be deep cleaning so as to remove my makeup. Based on reviews here, I decided to pick this up. It was between this and the Ponds Cold Cream. Ponds has mineral oil, so it was definite no no. I really like this cream because it is different than face wash. It was kind of refreshing to be able to switch up my skin routine. I've tried using this two different ways: Apply to dry face then rinse with warm water / Apply to dry face & remove with a warm wet face towel. Using the face towel provided better results. When I just rinse the cream off it left a reside on my face. Ok cool, I didn't mind it because it gave my face a matte but moist appearance. When I proceeded to wipe my face with my toner it was also obvious that there was also makeup left on my face =[ When I used the face towel however, I have next to no make up residue left on my face =) I love the way this feels on my face. It does not burn. You can also see that the makeup is being dissolved as the cream changes color. I cannot speak on the long-term effects of this product because I've only been using it for a week, but so far so good.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2008 6:34:00 PM More reviews by KRISTYLEOPARD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing. I have recently switched back to Noxema cleansing cream and my skin has never looked or felt better! I wish I had never stopped using it. This was my favorite high school face wash and I deserted it for "name-brands" as I've gotten older. Well, let me tell you, the name brands made my skin look older. I have used multiple face washes (Estee Lauder, Clinique, Lancome, Kiehls etc) and none of them have balanced out my skin like this has. I have been complimented on my skin several times in the past few weeks, and was even asked by a store clerk if I was in college?!? I'm 32!! (I wanted to kiss him!)

I use this in conjunction with St.Ives Collagen and Elastin face cream(which is equally amazing). I'm done with wasting my money on "Names". I'll take the cheap stuff, as long as it works, anyday.

p.s. I have used this in both the pump and tub. I prefer the tub as the cream is thicker in the tub.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2008 11:50:00 PM More reviews by mousepotato585

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this. It works really well. I've used it for a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2008 10:37:00 PM More reviews by acidstars9

This cleanser works great on my skin. Every morning I put it on in the shower and it feels really nice and refreshing. I do occasionally great breakouts on my face, but this cleanser does a great job of keeping them gone. It comes in a pretty big tub so it lasts a while. It takes off your make up and makes your skin very soft and doesn't overdry. The only thing I don't like is how sometimes putting your hand into the jar causes water to get into it, but I just dump it out when this happens. Also, the conistsency of the cream can sometimes be difficult to use because it can be clumpy. But overall, I love this cleanser.