December 22, 2014 | 855 users online

Cleansers - Noxzema - Original Skin Cream

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2008 6:16:00 PM More reviews by ladydisaster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Noxzema used to be my HG cleanser, until I discovered that it contained gelatin - an animal ingredient. I used it for years, and I was sad to give it up, but I actually found something that works better for me and is vegetarian. Goodbye, Noxzema!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2008 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Jenni4Design

Oddly enough my dad uses Noxzema on his feet to soften and moisturize the skin. Also likes that it has menthol and makes his feet tingle, lol. Just thought I'd share this funny usage as he LOVES it.

Also I've used it in lieu of shaving cream and it works great and really moisturizes your legs!

And neither of use would have discovered Noxzema's hidden potentials if it wasn't my mom's favorite face cream, lol. Who btw way has beautiful skin with no blemishes and hardly any wrinkles at 50 years of age.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2008 10:17:00 PM More reviews by saramariew

I remember using this when I was like 5..then as i grew up i decided to explore other cleansers. Well now at 20 i decided to give noxzema another shot.. My other cleanser just seemed to be drying out my face and making it look so dull.
So i decided upon Noxzema, but i really didnt remember how it would perform so i checked the reviews and it was pretty mixed so i figures for 5$ i'd test it out.
Well its been a few weeks now and my face is so soft and clean, No breakouts yet so far. I bought a big tub so i really dont know if id re-purchase again..but chances are if i dont repurchase, i will eventually come back to it again sometime.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2008 5:54:00 PM More reviews by sakuraface

this stuff makes my skin feel VERY clean :] i love it so far, the smell doesnt bother me at all, but i just used it for the first time so i didnt know if its really working or not- if not at least its not really a draw back it was dirt cheap plus i love that its in a jar it makes it different from other products so 4 stars for now :]]

EDIT: i changed the overall rating to 3 stars after realizing it was a bit to strong - the first 2 weeks it was working really great & i saw i nice difference in my complexion but its too harsh so im off it for now its under my sink with my other dormant products lol...ill probably try it again soon maybe only once a week....

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2008 1:40:00 PM More reviews by sdora

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Recently purchased this after reading good reviews in the MUA. It's been about a week or so and my skin has made a 360 degree turn. All my acne scars are fading and my skin looks so even toned and since i've been using this i havn't had any new pimple.
EDIT: Still going strong on this one. I started using it both day and night with microfiber wash cloth to remove noxzema. My skin looks flawless and i have no need to put on foundation because my skin got so much eventoned.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2008 9:37:00 PM More reviews by piksie

I have a confession: I am a major product whore. I love trying new things, fall for gimmicky packaging, marketing, and names more easily than I'd care to acknowledge. Recently, I was away from home and i ran out of my latest cleanser, an exfoliating anti-acne one by Clean & Clear. I couldn't get to a drugstore, so I went to the university's campus store and found a mini tub of Noxzema. I figured it couldn't hurt to try it, and I absolutely fell in love. I don't like to be trapped by how a product *feels* on the skin, i.e. the tingly feeling that Noxzema leaves, so I waited after I used it to see results on my skin, so as not to just go by how the product felt. When I wiped my face off after the shower, my skin, which was having some issues with acne, rough texture, and overall health, felt soothed and looked a world better. I continued to use Noxzema for a week and realized how good it made my skin look and feel. It *never* strips my skin or makes it dry or sensitive, which is very important to me because I use a prescribed acne gel which can be drying. I usually leave the cream on for a minute or so, and then scrub with a face brush or washcloth. Normally, I use oodles and oodles of products in hopes of solving my skin issues...but for the past month, it's been some Noxzema, and then some Cetaphil lotion, and I've been for the most part a very satisfied girl. For now, at least, I'm done with the gimmicks, and I'm sticking by Noxzema Original Skin Cream =)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2008 4:08:00 PM More reviews by marticica888

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Horrible horrible stuff, felt like wax on my skin even after washing it off. It is supposed to be a deep cleansing cream but it might as well be called clogging cream cuz thats what it does. Horrible. Im glad i got a sample jar only.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2008 3:57:00 AM More reviews by emonapkin

I've used this on and off for about 2 or 3 years, mostly because of the way it FELT. Every time I washed my face I felt refreshed. However, now that I'm older and wiser (haha), I think this face wash wasn't for me. The "tingly" feeling that I got is just from the menthol and other ingredients, and may have been unnecessarily drying out my skin. Even though this cleanser is a classic and very cheap, I think it's just too irritating.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2008 12:48:00 PM More reviews by Vulnavia

Oh, dear time for another edit. Unfortunately, while this did help a lot to clear up my acne initially, after about a month it actually seemed to be exacerbating it. I would still reccomend Noxzema to others, particularly if you combine it with exfoliation, as my skin is truly schizophrenic. I may try this again once my skin finishes calming down as I love it so. If this seems like it's making your face worse, try cutting back on the use or coming back to it at another time: I've never had this reaction from Noxzema before and I think it might be just a one-time thing. (Currently using Dove and Dickinson's Witch Hazel toner with some tea tree oil in there and my skin is pretty clear, for reference.)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2008 12:41:00 PM More reviews by juicycouture

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So, I was looking for something that would be deep cleaning so as to remove my makeup. Based on reviews here, I decided to pick this up. It was between this and the Ponds Cold Cream. Ponds has mineral oil, so it was definite no no. I really like this cream because it is different than face wash. It was kind of refreshing to be able to switch up my skin routine. I've tried using this two different ways: Apply to dry face then rinse with warm water / Apply to dry face & remove with a warm wet face towel. Using the face towel provided better results. When I just rinse the cream off it left a reside on my face. Ok cool, I didn't mind it because it gave my face a matte but moist appearance. When I proceeded to wipe my face with my toner it was also obvious that there was also makeup left on my face =[ When I used the face towel however, I have next to no make up residue left on my face =) I love the way this feels on my face. It does not burn. You can also see that the makeup is being dissolved as the cream changes color. I cannot speak on the long-term effects of this product because I've only been using it for a week, but so far so good.