July 25, 2014 | 1393 users online

Cleansers - Noxzema - Original Skin Cream

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2008 11:50:00 PM More reviews by mousepotato585

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this. It works really well. I've used it for a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2008 10:37:00 PM More reviews by acidstars9

This cleanser works great on my skin. Every morning I put it on in the shower and it feels really nice and refreshing. I do occasionally great breakouts on my face, but this cleanser does a great job of keeping them gone. It comes in a pretty big tub so it lasts a while. It takes off your make up and makes your skin very soft and doesn't overdry. The only thing I don't like is how sometimes putting your hand into the jar causes water to get into it, but I just dump it out when this happens. Also, the conistsency of the cream can sometimes be difficult to use because it can be clumpy. But overall, I love this cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2008 5:18:00 PM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have found myself going back to an old junior high/high school favorite for some help balancing the weirdness that is going on with my face right now. I'm oily skinned (and trust me, it's OILY, not combination) but I have these odd dry patches, one right between my brows and one on my chin. I think they may be from plucking (yes, I do that in both areas) and I think the skin gets irritated. Anyway, as I did 'back when', I find this a very refreshing cleanser and it's thorough, just as long as I use water to rinse and remove my eyemakeup beforehand. It doesn't do much for eyemakeup, so it's not a 'do everything' type cleanser. I happen to love the Noxzema smell, I always have, I have never minded it and I also never minded the smell of CG Clean Makeup which seems to be based on it. My skin seems more balanced and overall, there is less drying which only leads to an overproduction of oil later, for me. I find the tingle and the smell something to look forward to, so it motivates me to keep cleansing regularly. I also have Clean & Clear cleanser (the orange/Deep one), Mary Kay Cleanser 3, Aveda, Dior foaming oil, and this one is my favorite at the moment just because it's really helping balance my skin this summer. It hasn't caused breakouts. I wish it removed eyemakeup like Philosophy's Purity Made Simple, but I doubt anything will work quite as well as the Philosophy. Of course the price point is much, much, lower with this. I recommend the pump vs. the tub of this because it's more sanitary and keeps the product untainted by whatever may be on your hands when you go to 'scoop' out the cream. Love the pump.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2008 4:49:00 PM More reviews by PRiNCESSMAHiNA

Love this!! I never even thought of using Noxzema ... and then I was randomly searching MUA when I found Noxzema and read the reviews. WOW. I was absolutely blown away when I started using this. My face went through a brief purging period, but now my skin is gorgeous...and the only way I can describe it is "strawberries and cream". I have like...2 zits, and the rest of my skin is flawless and clear...HOT DAMN. I am sooo in love!!
EDIT: Wow. I have discovered the most amazing (pretty simple!) regimen that keeps my skin soooo clear! In the morning, I put on the Noxzema, and leave it on while I brush my teeth. Then I gently wipe it off with a soft, warm, damp washcloth, then rinse with warm water. I dry off with a clean towel, and dampen a cotton facial pad with cold water, then cold lemon juice, which I apply like a toner. I wait until the lemon juice has dried, then pat on La Mer skin cream.
At night, I use EVOO and rub it in my skin, then use Purity Made Simple foaming cleanser to remove the superfluous oil, which leaves my skin soft and moisturized. Then I apply my night time acne meds, and then-voila!- I wake up with clear, glowing, almost oil free skin after 8-10+ sleep. If I have any stubborn blemishes, I've found that The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil is really good on a q-tip to dab on.
I also exfoliate once-twice a week with The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil facial scrub, and use the Tea Tree Oil face mask twice a week (except, instead of leaving it on for ten minutes like it says, I leave it on for 2/3/4 hours, or however long it takes for it to dry completely.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2008 1:01:00 AM More reviews by pippyz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I can never find the bottle with the pump since its always sold out at my nearest target and walmart so i use the tub. but regardless i've been using this product for 3 years take or add a year and it does wonders

Generally i like to switch things up and use different products so for about a year i used different products and it just wasn't the same. I would get these huge pimples that wouldn't go away and my face started to have discolorations. So i got absolutely sick of it and walked down the aisle i've grown to know so well and there it was in its Blue bottle sitting there staring back at me. Forgetting that i was going to go try the biore products but this time i grabed the blue noxzema bottle and bought it. About a couple of weeks later my skin was all cleared and the discolorations faded (thanks to the help of bio oil)

though i do get little pimples, its usually from me forgetting to wash my face after a long day and sleeping with my heavy make up on from work or its just that time of the month and im stressed out. anyways, i love love love this product its something i must always have :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2008 2:30:00 AM More reviews by riotingpacifist

to be honest with you, i have never used this on my face. my skin is very reactive, and i'm afraid of having a full-face rash, but i will tell you what...i have severe keratosis pilaris and eczema (both of those are very, very, very dry skin that no lotion would ever help) on my upper arms and elbows, and after the VERY FIRST TIME i used this, they were both severely reduced. i have only been using it for 2 days, but i was so impressed i just had to jump in and write a review. the smell bothers me a little bit, but if it's going to clear this BS up (after having both conditions for 12 years!!) i will deal with it. and the cream is pretty fun to take out of the tub...hehehe.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/7/2008 4:31:00 PM More reviews by tubachuba

This really did nothing for my skin and the ingredients(menthol,camphor,etc) are irritating.I could still smell this on my skin after i wash it off which is annoying. I cant believe they still make this! There are A LOT of better cleansers out there. This is CRAP!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2008 11:34:00 PM More reviews by sanfrancisco48

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to put my 2 cents in, as well. My soon-to-be 90 year old mother has used this cream since she was 15 years old. I know a lot of people who would kill for her skin! It is truly soft, smooth, and just plain beautiful. She has MAYBE 3 small wrinkles. She has been every-single-day-faithful, morning and night. Peaches and cream describes her skin so well, too. I've given it 4 stars because I personally find it awfully greasy on my face, but, hey, I guess I should have gotten used to that 45 years ago when I was 15!! Let's all hate her collectively!! continued >>

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2008 10:59:00 PM More reviews by MorningGlory45

I used to use this back in the day but it never really did anything for me.

However, today me and my grandma were talking, and she is 85 yrs old and has the most gorgeous skin, its a true peaches and cream tone that glows and she has very little wrinkles.

I asked her what she used on her face and she told me she's always used Jergens on her face, and used Noxzema. She has the prettiest complexion of anyone I've ever seen, specially at that age.

I would buy again just for nostalgia factor.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2008 10:04:00 AM More reviews by dOrKyGiRl

I used noxzema in my high school years and I love the minty, cool feeling. It is so refreshing, especially in the morning when I put it on my face and stand next to my bedroom window and the breeze blew on my face, it felt soo nice. I stop using it for about 5 years now because I like to experience with other products out there, but now I'm considering on buying it again just to use it on days where I go out too long in the sun and come home and wants to use that just to feel refreshed. 1 lippy off because after using it, during the days, my face gets a little bit shiny, but that could be because of my teen years I have somewhat oily skin. Now my skin is just soo dry.