Rimmel Lasting Finish - Airy Fairy

3.9

on 4/20/2010 11:33:00 AM

OMFG! FinallyÖI have a boring Caucasian face with full lips and Iím into natural looking makeup. Lipstics either wash me out to complete blandness or make me look like an amateur whore. I refused wearing lipstick years ago because nothing looked good. But this is THE color. Itís flattering in every way, very well balanced. The texture is pleasant. I would not mind trying this in complete matte.

on 4/20/2010 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

A lovely natural pink shade that was excellent value. I am surprised others have mentioned it is drying, whereas I found it to be quite moisturising and feels lovely on.

My only concern is I have heard about testing on animals

on 4/19/2010 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This lipstick is beautiful. The shade is perfect for any season . .It moisturizes my lips and makes them appear fuller. Decent staying power if you do not eat or drink but I'm not too lazy to reapply.

on 4/16/2010 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

On my NC 30-35 skin with olive undertones, this looks a little too purple at times, but overall I like this l/s. It smells great, is smooth and creamy, and lasts decently after you apply it. I think it is a good find, especially if you get it on sale, but the original $5 isn't bad for this either. It's a medium pink with mauve undertones. If I use a neutral gloss on top or a nude liner with brown undertones (like MAC's oak) it makes this color much more wearable for me. With a pink liner or gloss it looks purple, and I just don't think those tones flatter me. Pick this up, I think most people would like it.

on 4/13/2010 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm pleasantly surprised by this lipstick. A really pretty pink shade with a subtle gold color mixed within it. Smells like candy. Goes on smoothly. Not really long wearing. The tube up close isn't too bad being a dark purple , but from far away it's a bit ugly. I'll most likely repurchase. The only thing I really didn't like was that this product isn't sealed, so I would suggest checking the tube before putting it in your cart/basket.

on 4/13/2010 3:23:00 AM

****READ IF YOUR NATURAL LIP COLOUR IS SOMETIMES PURPLE OR DARK****

first off, I've purchased this lipstick THREE TIMES in the last 4 years and each time I've thrown it out in a few days. To start off like my bolded statement at the top, I am nc30/c3 that has pigmented purple to dark magenta lips. I usually wear peachy orange colours to counteract the purple in my natural lip colour (weird but true, think back to first grade when learning the COLOUR WHEEL! colours opposite the wheel are composite colours lol). Anyway, this is a nudey cool pink in the tube but on MY pigments lips it makes them LAVENDER like I'm a 5 year old wearing Barbie makeup!! Each of the three times this has happened, with or without a nude lipliner on top!! The longevity is low and it just turns an unflattering unnatural shade of lilac or lavender on my purpley lips... If that's you, stay away. Better luck trying Nude Delight (nude but can be too nude for some like myself since I'm naturally tanned + hate invisible lips) from Rimmel Renew and Remoisturize? Line

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm giving this a solid 3.5 lippies. This was recommended by a Youtube makeup guru and since I'm always in the mood to try out a nude pink, I picked this up at Target for about $4. The color is sort of a dusty pink, not exactly a MLBB but not a chalky nude either. I'm not wild about the scent, it's got a childrens cherry tylenol thing going on. Plus the texture is a little drying, so I usually have to wear lip balm underneath or layer a lipgloss over it. All in all, not bad, especially as a lipstick that I can throw in my purse and go. I will happily use this up but probably wouldn't purchase again.
** Update: I'm increasing this to 4 stars. This is quickly becoming my go-to lippie for the spring/summer because it looks great with a tan. It definitely has a bit of a mauve undertone, which is very flattering on me. I'll definitely repurchase.

on 3/31/2010 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

one of my favourite lipsticks.
the texture is really nice, not drying for me which is nice because you can reapply without coating your lips with chapstick first.
on me the colour is medium pink, so although most describe it as pale and nude, on me it's actually one of my "darker" lipsticks (i usually wear very very nude lip colour)
this is my go-to when i'm going for a more mature look.
recommend, it can be really well priced sometimes.

on 3/30/2010 11:03:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Light pinky-mauve color, almost like a nude on me. I do like it, it is moisturizing and pigmented, but the color doesn't excite me the way it seems to do for everyone else. This is just dark enough to not qualify as a nude, which most of the time doesn't work for me (I have pigmented lips and fair skin and nudes wash me out easily), so I don't regret buying it, but I don't use it often enough to warrant repurchasing.

on 3/28/2010 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this after I saw all these reviews raving about it on MUA, but it does not work for me at all! It makes my lips purple, and it washes me out in a bad way. The only way I can make this workable, is if i pair a mauve gloss over it.

Popular Lipsticks