Rimmel Lasting Finish - Airy Fairy

3.9

on 3/30/2010 11:03:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Light pinky-mauve color, almost like a nude on me. I do like it, it is moisturizing and pigmented, but the color doesn't excite me the way it seems to do for everyone else. This is just dark enough to not qualify as a nude, which most of the time doesn't work for me (I have pigmented lips and fair skin and nudes wash me out easily), so I don't regret buying it, but I don't use it often enough to warrant repurchasing.

on 3/28/2010 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this after I saw all these reviews raving about it on MUA, but it does not work for me at all! It makes my lips purple, and it washes me out in a bad way. The only way I can make this workable, is if i pair a mauve gloss over it.

on 3/28/2010 11:00:00 AM

I grabbed this stuff due to all the reviews on here. Took me a few tries to find it. Wow what a pretty color! The texture is nice, it lasts pretty good (I use it over Urban Decays lip primer) and the smell isn't bad. I can't pinpoint what the smell is but it isn't too rose like. The container is cheap but when you pay around $5 for a lipstick thats to be expected.

I'm a MAC NW20, green eyes, pink tone to my skin, brown/blonde hair.

on 3/28/2010 10:05:00 AM

I love this lipstick! It looks very nice on my lips and does not dry them out at all. The colour is gorgeous and applies evenly. It is not too sheer yet not too opaque. I always love the rimmel packaging. I always use this with MAC's Baby Sparks dazzeglass and I love it.

on 3/28/2010 4:01:00 AM

Really wanted to love this, especially after all the raves I've heard for it.
Pretty pinky, mauvey slight nude, but it just does nothing for me. It just looks blah on me. For reference I'm about a NC 20-25.
Sorry Rimmel :(

on 3/28/2010 3:46:00 AM

l'm in love with this product coz smooth and smell is sooo good

on 3/26/2010 11:07:00 PM

This lipstick is incredibly long-lasting - much longer than the Revlon and Clinique lipsticks that I've been using. I had always wondered if there was something wrong with me, because it seems as if 10 minutes after applying lipstick it disappears (possibly because I love snacking, haha) but this lipstick stays on for a few hours, even after real snacking.

I dislike that it comes off on cups when I drink, but I guess that's normal lipstick behaviour. The colour is very sweet and fresh, especially good for those who are bucking the red lip trend. I don't find it very shiny or stand-out; it's just an excellent everyday colour.

on 3/24/2010 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Neutral

I bought this after recommendation from youtube makeup girl...for the price why not? Unfortunately, it is EXTREMELY DRYING, and I've only used once. Yeah, I should try layering it with lip balm or lipgloss, but I'm still very disappointed...

on 3/24/2010 3:39:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I found airy fairy to be perfect on my skin (fair). Airy fairy is a shimmery light pink perfect for day or even night. But if you don't like light pinks try celeb (028) which is a more prominent pink and is matte rather than shimmer.

on 3/19/2010 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Nice and creamy neutral shade. I picked this up for $3 Cdn. I don't mind the smell, but the taste I can do without.

Popular Lipsticks