April 23, 2014 | 1717 users online

Lipstick - Rimmel - Lasting Finish - Airy Fairy

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2010 8:20:00 PM More reviews by Joobz2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

After hearing all the raves I had to get this!
This lipstick is like a pale pink and mauve-y colour. The formulation is quite creamy and it glides on smoothly. It also lasts for quite a while and does not settle into the cracks which is nice. Also the packaging is pretty plain, just a dark purple casing, nothing too special. It also has a bit of a smell, but that is tolerable once you get used to it. The only real problem I have is that I don't think it goes with my asian yellow skin tone so I don't think I'll buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2010 9:21:00 AM More reviews by Saga17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm loving this color! It's quite neutral but it works so well with smoky eyes..and basically any eye look you may want to do. The only problem I have with this is the fact that it's not long lasting, at least on my lips. I have to re-apply several times a day :(

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2010 7:03:00 AM More reviews by sulfababy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this color! My lips are naturally pretty pigmented, so I actually use Vaseline, a Sephora lip primer pencil, and a nude cream eye shadow base if I really want the true pretty pale pink of Airy Fairy. It's also wearable for a less intense, everyday look without all that stuff. It really complements my pale, olive skin. I only have to re-apply once in a work day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2010 3:08:00 AM More reviews by kragey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I honestly had no idea there was so much hype about this product until I got ready to review it and noticed the reviews! O_O I bought this for $5.95 at Target because a friend suggested it to me. First off, I'm not a huge fan of the packaging; it looks cute and sleek with the little crown on the top and the simple tube, but the lid starts to slide off if I keep it in my bag all day. That being said, it's never come off the whole way; it's only slipped up a centimeter or two. As for the lipstick itself, it feels wonderful on the lips and glides right on! It can start to feel a little drying after an hour or two, but I use lip balm under pretty much all of my lipsticks, so that doesn't bother me either. It has a smell and a taste to it, kind of like candy coating, but it doesn't really bother me. I'm NW15, but my lips are pretty much the same shade as this lipstick, with Airy Fairy being just a little bit darker and with a nice, slight frost to it. Hence, this is a "My Lips But Better" shade for me! I will definitely repurchase this lippie.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2010 11:33:00 PM More reviews by Sh3D3vil84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Airy Fairy is a light shimmery pink and it can come off looking a little toward the sheer hot pink zone depending on skin tone. I think it's okay to maybe wear with a lip liner or something to kinda tone it down. It's definitely not for the older crowd. I could see it on a younger girl about 15-16. It is a bit drying and I would definitely moisturize first thing. Wears off quickly but not horrible. Overall I think it's okay but not my first choice by far.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2010 11:08:00 PM More reviews by Bunneh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this color! Very natural pink/nude color and the lipstick is creamy and doesn't have a bad smell to it, HOWEVER, I cant use this without a lipgloss because my lips tend to be a bit dry, but with clear lipgloss it looks amazing!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2010 9:46:00 PM More reviews by olivedgreen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

This is a really pretty lipstick. It's a bit shimmery, but not so much that a matte-lipstick kind of girl like me is turned off. It is a pink lipstick with a plum undertone. The smell of the lipstick is interesting.. I can't really describe it. The consistency is nice, not drying at all like some other drugstore lipsticks I've tried. This lipstick doesn't accentuate the cracks or lines of my lips. Also, the little crown (Rimmel Logo) on the top is super cute to me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2010 12:40:00 AM More reviews by Asianbarbiee91

My FAVORITE drugstore lipstick by far. I love it so much; possible even more than some of my pink toned lipsticks from MAC. It's pigmented, moisturizing, and has decent staying power. This is my second Rimmel lippie.. The first one was Pink Blush which I adore but cannot wear on a daily basis. Anyway Airy Fairy LIVES UP TO ITS Hypes. I can totally see this on fair skinned ladies. I am fair with yellow undertones and it brightens up my entire face.. makes my lips look even fuller & juicier. Def cannot go wrong with this purchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2010 6:11:00 PM More reviews by GREENGAL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I dont understand all the hype surrounding this lipstick. I purchased it about 6 months ago after the youtube raves and I have used it maybe twice. The color is very subtle. Very NUDE light pink. I was expecting it to be a little darker. Made me look pale and washed out. I have olive toned skin so I thought this would work. On the plus side it smells good and is very affordable. I prefer the pink champagne.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2010 4:15:00 PM More reviews by eyelovemkup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In all honesty, I don't really get what all the hype is about. I'll admit it's a pretty colour but I find that it settles into the fine lines of my lips and makes them look kind of dry. This is out of the ordinary because my lips are never without chapstick. I really wanted to like this especially after all the reviews on youtube. However, it's just OK in my opinion.