August 29, 2014 | 1836 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2009 4:53:00 AM More reviews by dlamsw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this soap. Lathers well, smells heavenly, and moisturizing. I find it gentle enough to use as a face soap which is a big plus. Will buy again and again!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2009 10:02:00 AM More reviews by honeyluv

Best soap for skin that has a tendency to be dry. It was originally recommended by my dermatologist when I broke out in hives in middle school. LOL. That was years ago and I'm a loyal Beauty Bar user to this day. Every other soap has dried out my skin. They come in different scents now too, but I don't stray too long away from the original formula (the white one). Aloe is a great alternative.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2009 2:41:00 AM More reviews by luckylecky

I don't know about you ladies but I don't go anywhere near this soap. It really dries my skin out to a point where I get angry red blotches all over my face. It took me a while to pin point the culprit but I got there in the end and Dove let me down big time. A masive no no.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2009 2:29:00 AM More reviews by kinkaju

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the only bar soap I have bothered with for years now -- HG status. I use it on my face and my entire body, every day. The soap is soft, lathers well and doesn't leave soap scum in my shower and more importantly, doesn't leave my skin feeling slippery or filmy.

For the most part I have normal skin, but I have had sensitivity issues in the past with all-over itchy skin from typical deodorant soaps. Also, I have had some very unpleasant irritations in the most sensitive areas from deodorant soaps or overly perfumed products. After trying pretty much every store brand bar soap under the sun, I find that Dove seems to work the best with my body. (Throughout my childhood, my mom bought Dove every once in a while and I always liked it, so for me, I've gone back to an old tried and true.)

My husband used to have this chronic general rash on his entire torso and under his arms and down his sides. It looked like thousands of tiny raised bumps all over. I switched to Dove a few years ago and he no longer gets those rashes/bumps.

I love the scent of Dove and I pray they never change it. It's a soft, rosy, soapy scent. The white and pink bars smell the same so I get whichever color I'm in the mood for at the time. The scent is very clean smelling and fades off through the day so a man could use the Dove bar and not feel weird, or, try the Unscented one.

I also buy the Unscented one on occasion just for a change and that one is fine too. It agrees with my skin although it smells a bit like plain yogurt, or the inside of a cardboard milk carton.

I have tried the Dove Exfoliation bar and the Cool Moisture and other newer scents out of curiosity. But while they smell good, I never dare use them on my face or on those sensitive below the belt areas. I like being able to use ONE bar of soap safely for my entire body, and I know I can trust the tried and true original bar to use everywhere, without itching or irritation. I will always have Dove White, Pink or Unscented in my shower.

Fills the whole bathroom with a subtle, rosy soap scent. HG for me, no doubt.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2009 4:03:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

One of 2 "bar soaps" that does not irritate my face at all (other being Olay's bar for sensitive skin - but that bar soap falls apart faster than Dove's, so I use Dove. However, would use Olay again if store were out of Dove.) Helpful hint - keep Dove (or Olay) bar soap on top of one of those little plastic soap holders that allow drainage thru the bottom = bars last MUCH longer and don''t fall apart nearly as easily. But I digress....

I use these as my handsoap at my bathroom sink, as my shower soap in my shower and even have them in said places in my guest bathroom (in case DH is running over into my shower time in our master bath, I can just skip over to the guest bath). I like having so many on hand because you never know when you might run out of regular facial cleanser (Cetaphil in am, Pond's Cold Creme in pm) and be standing in the bathroom or in the shower, dripping wet w/ no facial cleanser left to use...this has actually happened to me several times (pre-baby I was a total morning OCD person - little details like running out of product I ALWAYS noticed ahead of time - fast forward 4 years + 1 toddler later = I have 0 brain cell left that operate in the wee early am hours:P )

So, I can use Dove's Beauty Bar w/ no hesitiation - my face never breaks out, feels slightly moisturized, (not greasy).

I did just discover another use - MU brush cleaner - well part of one. Dove Beauty Bar is white. I was desperate to clean 5 MU brushes one night and decided to try this. Wet soap, wet brush, brush over soap in circles = see all the product darkening the soap and then rinsing off. Rinse brush several times. Follow w/ a small puddle of Cetaphil in the palm of my hand (I have the regular version, not the oily skin version), rub brush in circles, rinse and voila - clean, residue-free MU brushes! Whoo hoo - cheap alternative as I always have these 2 products in my house (yes, unless I happen to run out and forget to re-purchase :P )

I'm trying to cut down on # of products and $ needed to look good. I have used MAC brush cleaner (fine but $$), baby shampoo (again fine, but time consuming), baby wipes, MU remover wipes = not as effective.

So this will be my new MU brush cleansing HG method!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2009 2:20:00 PM More reviews by ewmcgrath

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

there is a reason why this is a classic. it hydrates my dry skin better than any other product out there. also, this soap does not do that weird stay wet, get all over your shower thing, so no wasting of product(yay). also the price can not be beat. love

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2009 6:18:00 PM More reviews by LittleBear23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was really disappointed in the soap. This is a case where my memory failed me and I was swayed by marketing. I really thought I remembered this being moisturizing and since it SAYS it has all this moisturizer in it... So, disappointing. This soap doesn't feel moisturizing at all. Perhaps it's just because I'm used to more expensive soaps now? I really wanted to like this because I'm tired of paying $8 or so for one bar of soap. Unfortunately this soap is the bare minimum of what I would put on my skin. The smell is nice though. I marked that I would buy it again because if I am stuck somewhere with no soap and only a supermarket to buy it at, then this is what I would buy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2009 4:56:00 PM More reviews by ml176

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my HG soap bar, and I will be a user for life. I enjoy using my fun shower gels, but sometimes they don't clean me as well as the bar soap does, especially after I exercise and I'm all sweaty. This soap is a great cleanser that you can even use on your face in a pinch. It doesn't bother my eczema, which is extremely bad in the winter. It rinses clean and has a very clean smell that is only Dove. I would recommend this to anybody.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2009 12:47:00 AM More reviews by sugarxcookieee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I`m usually a shower gel kinda girl but if I had to use a bar, I would definitely wanna use the dove beauty bars. It`s moisturizing and also gives you that clean and fresh feeling.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2009 4:09:00 AM More reviews by MyMajesty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best soap I have ever used and I used a lot. I don't use this one on my body or on my face. Just to wash my hands ...
I preffer Dove Shower Gels instead of the soaps just because they are more practical. Anyway...back to the point!
I have been using this one for such a long time and it seems that I wil never be tired of it. I always come back to Dove, because, in my opinion, no soap out there doesa better job when it comes to hydration. My hands are really soft after washing them with this so I would definitely buy it again and again!