April 16, 2014 | 1560 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2009 4:19:00 PM More reviews by danipoops

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this soap - Would NOT use any other soap EVER! Always buy this in bulk as I wear it down so quickly!

Smells gorgeous, cheap, moisturising, can even use on my face which I cant do with other soaps as it makes my face feel really tight and sore. Can smell this for hours on myself after showering, i love it! I use this to shave my legs too as its so creamy

Not a bad word to say about it :)
xx

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2009 10:05:00 AM More reviews by sherrier

There isn't a better soap on the market. I have been using this for around 20 years. Keeps my skin soft. I also use this on my face and it does not cause any breakouts. I use no other cleanser. People tell me that I look younger than my age. Could it be the results of Dove? I tend to think so. I refuse to try any other soap. Love it!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2009 8:03:00 PM More reviews by jenniejuice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried every soap out there and I always seem to come back to Dove. I use this everyday in the shower for my body and face. I seriously think this has helped me with my occasional breakouts!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2009 5:51:00 PM More reviews by princess_eab

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love it as a gentle body cleanser - it's one of the few soaps that don't dry out my skin in the winter, and the scent is classic. As a face soap it's a bit drying for me but I'll use it in a pinch.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2009 3:42:00 AM More reviews by Kamee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Been using this pretty much all my life. This has been a staple in my home growing up and I still use it to this day. Even my boyfriend and his family used this bar soap. I use this in the shower as well as for my face. I'm actually starting to think this soap is the cure to my acne problem. Ever since I've been using this soap for my face, my cluster of acne on my jawline has not returned. woo hoo! although the downside is that this does sting my eyes. This bar also does not leave a film on my skin. I use the white moisture bar.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2009 10:56:00 PM More reviews by heyytd009

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this before. My mom bought this all the time until I was about ten, and until now I haven't used it.

Since they recently came out with their new scents, I went for the Go
Fresh and renewed my love for all products that are Dove. I use the beauty bar for everything; exfoliating, shaving, washing my eye makeup off. The smell is terrific and it's the only soap there is that leaves my skin full of moisture and so smooth. Love, love, love.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2009 3:45:00 PM More reviews by lil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Edit 27th June 2012: don't use this anymore....I so regret the first version we had of this soap, when I was a teenager back in the late 80s/early 90s- the smell was heaven and the creaminess a dream-then the formula changed for cheaper ingredients-like many products these days- and it will never be the same again!

I love this soap, been using it for many many years, sometimes I try some other stuff as I can't help it! but always come back to Dove. I use it in the shower and also sometimes on my face (takes off foundation very well!), it doesn't dry out my skin. I must say that they changed the smell of this soap when they changed the packaging a couple of years ago, and I loved the old smell, it was much more gentle than the one now. I also found out that the Us classic Dove bar (white) has a different smell to the one we get here in Europe! it's much more empowering, that's strange it's not the same all over the world, don't know if anyone noticed that before...? In the Us you also get the Nutrium which I love but have to order as it's not sold in Europe... ah well, you can't really go wrong with this soap, it's quite nice really!
Update August 17th 2009: not using it on my face anymore, as it got me some little pimples, nothing dramatically horrible, but I just keep away from my face now, probably too sensitive to take soap on it... but still nice bar in the shower ;)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/24/2009 3:48:00 PM More reviews by joojoobe

ugh.. I'm going against the grain here, but I hated this soap.
I think the sulfates in this soap clogged my pores, because I started to break out.
It just didn't make me feel very clean either. It's okay for the body though, hence the two lippies.
For the face, I've switched to all natural products. No more clogged pores!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2009 3:29:00 PM More reviews by arvlyn

I've used the original, pink bar as long as I can remember; it was a staple in my home growing up.

I love the scent, but I think a lot of that has to do with the memories of my Mom that it brings back to me every single time I use it too.

I love that I can use it on my face and body. It's not drying, irritating or pore clogging in any way. My DH has excema on his hands and this is one of only two soaps that he is able to use to wash them. I especially love using this before shaving my legs.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2009 12:23:00 PM More reviews by Flo422

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

It's pretty similar to the go-fresh cucumber-y soap. But this...smells...bad. The "granny" smell bothers me a lot. Otherwise, my mom tried it too. She found that it irritated her sensitive skin, probably because of the perfume that's in it. Won't repurchase.

If you like this soap, you can buy it at Costco for cheap.