October 31, 2014 | 987 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2009 9:41:00 PM More reviews by jackjack828

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The BEST soap evaaar!! I love to use this everyday. Great for my eczema too! Use this also for makeup remover. Love the smell, and the texture. Can't and won't try other products!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2009 5:57:00 AM More reviews by MarBah

Great soap! I actually use it on my face to remove makeup. It never dried my skin out and never made me feel like I am using soap on my face. I can say that I prefer this soap on my face over many expensive face washes out there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2009 11:24:00 AM More reviews by solyacska

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Amazing foamy creamy soapy goodness! I just bought this two days ago and I will never, ever buy a body wash or a foaming face wash again. Never.

I have combination skin and I use Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation which is basically glue and none of my cleansers or baby oil can get it off fully. When I wash my face with Dove bar it comes off COMPLETELY. When I wipe my face with toner afterwards there is no foundation residue on the cotton pad, it's well amazing.

If some of it gets on my eyes it also dissolves waterproof mascara and it strips my face of any oil without drying my skin out. I had flaky and rough skin around my mouth and chin because of harsh face washes and it went away the day I started using the Dove bar instead.

I also use it in the shower, it lathers so well and cleans my skin perfectly without leaving it dry and itchy. I skipped body lotion last night and my skin still feels soft and moisturized.

It smells so good as well, soapy and feminine and so nice after the load of over-scented, over-drying, over-priced face washes I've gone through. And it's so cheap, I got a twin pack for 1 so I can have it at the sink and the shower too. Love.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2009 8:08:00 PM More reviews by amoramor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This soap reminds me of my childhood. It's a staple item in my bathroom. My bf calls my loco for having it stocked up (i always have a least 4 packs at a time on hand). I use this soap for shaving, showering, my hands, face,and everything. Seriously screw shower gels, i lather one of these puppies up on my loofah and im good to go. They smell heavenly. I prefer the white beauty bars over the pink, beaded, or whatever kind is available. I will only purchase the white. I am in love and would probably kill myself if this ever became discontinued for some reason!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2009 8:01:00 PM More reviews by jacwinks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I could never be without my dove! I use this all over, face, body, shaving. I have acne prone skin (face) and sensitive skin on my legs...this soap never irritates me or lets me down!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2009 9:59:00 PM More reviews by lostea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was recomended to me by my doctor 2 years ago when I had a skin condition. It cured me and now I still use it! It is sensitive enough for me to use on my face and makes me very soft. I use the exfoliating one too and they are both great. It smells delightful! Try it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2009 4:53:00 AM More reviews by dlamsw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this soap. Lathers well, smells heavenly, and moisturizing. I find it gentle enough to use as a face soap which is a big plus. Will buy again and again!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2009 10:02:00 AM More reviews by honeyluv

Best soap for skin that has a tendency to be dry. It was originally recommended by my dermatologist when I broke out in hives in middle school. LOL. That was years ago and I'm a loyal Beauty Bar user to this day. Every other soap has dried out my skin. They come in different scents now too, but I don't stray too long away from the original formula (the white one). Aloe is a great alternative.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2009 2:41:00 AM More reviews by luckylecky

I don't know about you ladies but I don't go anywhere near this soap. It really dries my skin out to a point where I get angry red blotches all over my face. It took me a while to pin point the culprit but I got there in the end and Dove let me down big time. A masive no no.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2009 2:29:00 AM More reviews by kinkaju

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the only bar soap I have bothered with for years now -- HG status. I use it on my face and my entire body, every day. The soap is soft, lathers well and doesn't leave soap scum in my shower and more importantly, doesn't leave my skin feeling slippery or filmy.

For the most part I have normal skin, but I have had sensitivity issues in the past with all-over itchy skin from typical deodorant soaps. Also, I have had some very unpleasant irritations in the most sensitive areas from deodorant soaps or overly perfumed products. After trying pretty much every store brand bar soap under the sun, I find that Dove seems to work the best with my body. (Throughout my childhood, my mom bought Dove every once in a while and I always liked it, so for me, I've gone back to an old tried and true.)

My husband used to have this chronic general rash on his entire torso and under his arms and down his sides. It looked like thousands of tiny raised bumps all over. I switched to Dove a few years ago and he no longer gets those rashes/bumps.

I love the scent of Dove and I pray they never change it. It's a soft, rosy, soapy scent. The white and pink bars smell the same so I get whichever color I'm in the mood for at the time. The scent is very clean smelling and fades off through the day so a man could use the Dove bar and not feel weird, or, try the Unscented one.

I also buy the Unscented one on occasion just for a change and that one is fine too. It agrees with my skin although it smells a bit like plain yogurt, or the inside of a cardboard milk carton.

I have tried the Dove Exfoliation bar and the Cool Moisture and other newer scents out of curiosity. But while they smell good, I never dare use them on my face or on those sensitive below the belt areas. I like being able to use ONE bar of soap safely for my entire body, and I know I can trust the tried and true original bar to use everywhere, without itching or irritation. I will always have Dove White, Pink or Unscented in my shower.

Fills the whole bathroom with a subtle, rosy soap scent. HG for me, no doubt.