December 21, 2014 | 1268 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2013 12:32:00 PM More reviews by Jen2892

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Loved this but after 2 months it made me breakout horribly. Im still recovering from the breakouts and scars it left behind.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2013 11:38:00 AM More reviews by rosalini

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Pros : 1) gives you complete coverage if you have acne scars & pimpls
2) last through the day
3) gives you a hint of glow without going too oily

Cons : 1) Jar type packaging. which i find less hygienic, i prefer foundations with pumps.
i find it hard scoop in using a jar, because you end up taking too much sometimes.
2) it MAY cause breakouts. especially if you live in a humid country + oily type of skin
3) feels abit heavy on your skin

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by sheila12344321

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This gives a good finish if you can find your shade, but it settles into my pores. I've read that the whipped-stype foundations do bring attention to pores.

However, it lasts ALL day, and the color is a great match. Oh well.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by CindyAnn67

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVED this foundation! I have rosacea and it covers beautifully. My only complaint, went through it too fast.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Price: $14 USD
Coverage: medium to full
Finish: natural
Texture: super smooth and buttery
Oil-Control: all day

Unlike the original liquid version, it doesn't reek of paint nor does it dry as fast. It has a faint "makeup" smell though.
It evens out redness and discolouration and covers up non-cystic acne and light scars. My dark circles disappear under this on a good day. I put this on in the morning and it lasts a day without touch-ups. Even with an oily T-zone, I barely need powder. Easier to work with than liquid because it doesnt dry in a cpuple seconds but it can feel heavy on my sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2013 1:23:00 AM More reviews by stephdev

Loved this foundation. Found it a bit heavy though. I ended up mixing it up with a bit of my sunscreen for daily use.

Color match was perfect for my fair skin and it lasted well. I work 36 hours straight and I didn't look like total crap at the end of the shift.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by characterarc

I'm quite impressed with this foundation. Liquid CS didn't do much for me, but with summer approaching Vegas and seeing many good things said about this version and how well it lasts, I decided to return to Revlon.

Usually I'm nc25 but lately I'm inbetween NC25 and NC 30, veering towards the latter. I tried Sand Beige 200 initially - too light, clear difference between face and neck. 40ish online swatches later, I went for 320 Warm Golden. I was afraid it'd be too dark for me but it's actually a near-perfect match. It's close to Chanel VA in B30. (To compare, reviews for NARS Pure Radiant TM and Tarte's BB Tinted Treatment say their brands' closest NC30 shades are St Moritz and Medium, respectively, but both were way too dark on me). It's got the right amount of yellow, not pink on me and after wearing this for almost a month, there's been no oxidation issues.

Texture is thick and moussey. I use a plastic cosmetic spatula (you can buy like 20 for a dollar and some change at Sally Beauty) to scoop it from the jar. The jar itself isn't the most travel friendly, nor is it the easiest to dispense product from, but there is worse packaging out there (wide-mouthed glass jars with no pump I'm looking at you). It does look nice sitting on your vanity though.

Coverage - About medium to full. On me, since I'm combo to oily skinned, a cakey finish hasn't been an issue. In cooler weather that may change. IMO, it doesn't look UNnatural and makeup-y, but nor is it the most natural finish. To me, it sits in the middle. Finish on me is satin.

Application - with fingers. Used Real Techniques expert face brush once and it also worked well.

Wear time - Great! Easily wears well through 8-hour shifts, plus more. I wear Tarte's Clean Slate primer and Shiseido Urban Environment face sunscreen underneath. It doesn't keep oil at bay, nor do I really expect it to when I'm outside in 100-degree weather - what I want it do is to stay put and not melt away. Powdering throughout the day is not something I mind. I haven't suffered breakouts from this yet, and I'm acne-prone.

I'm not giving it 5 stars because again, getting it out of the jar can be kind of tedious so it's not a slap-on-and-go kind of foundation and I have yet to see how it'll perform in cooler weather when my skin gets drier (Note: My winter weather runs about 25-30 degrees at the coldest). But so far its a keeper for the warmer months.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by Ajimenez531

I love this! It lasts all day, it has great coverage without looking cakey and it looks great on camera. It is perfect for oily skin it has a matte finish that turns in to a beautiful satin finish throughout the day. Only con is the packaging is too bulky and it is hard to match a shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2013 9:23:00 PM More reviews by ILove1031

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this makeup. Let me start by saying I have very fair skin; there have been countless Twilight jokes made about my skin, and it's hard to find a good match for my skintone. The lightest shade, ivory, blends seamlessly with my skin. I get medium coverage using this on its own, and full coverage when I put my powder foundation over it. The packaging is a little clunky (big glass jar) and I paid about $16 USD for .8 ounces of product. However, I don't need much of the product to get good coverage, unlike the liquid colorstay, which I needed to layer to get medium coverage. When I first put it on, it felt very heavy, but after I blended and set it with powder, it felt very smooth and light. This also makes my skin look gorgeous in photos.
The colorstay whipped can end up looking cakey, but I've been able to avoid it caking up by blending it with a brush and using a moisturizer underneath. It does stick to dry patches, so I recommend exfoliating beforehand. I will buy it again for the fabulous shade selection and coverage.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2013 5:36:00 PM More reviews by reddbone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok So when this foundation came out I saw all this hype on youtube and every single review I saw had positive views. So I went and picked up this foundation. I first got the shade 320 Natural Tan. While this color had a good enough yellow undertone, it was too light. Then I picked up the Caramel shade and this was too dark. So I picked up the in between shade called Rich Ginger, After first applying this foundation I realized it was like putting cake batter on my face, But I still wore it because it got such great reviews. I thought my skin was looking flawless as I stepped out but then I saw myself in a mirrow in daylight. This foundation is so freaking pink. It made me look sick. I had a yellow chest and pink face. But I was desperate to make it work so I kept wearing it. This foundation made me break out soooo bad. It gave me systic acne. Huge boil things on my cheeks. They were the size of blue berrys. That was when I finally gave up on this piece of sh!t that so many people liked. This was also $16 which is a lot for a drug store product I purchased mine at walgreens. TI did like the packaging though. Thank you for reading my crazy long post.

8 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No