April 19, 2014 | 1717 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 2 of 5 on 3/16/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by berrycurious

no matter how i apply this, it makes my dry skin look a little dryer. also it bunches up when applied to eyelids -- in patches. pass.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2013 10:44:00 AM More reviews by ilovelipbutters

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I just tried this foundation for the first time yesterday, so I am writing this as more of a first impression than a review. From the reviews I saw, I was almost positive I would love this foundation. I've heard most people say it works best when applied with your fingers because it takes a little extra work to blend, But I applied it with a flat top kabuki because that's what I normally do & I really loved the finish! The coverage is medium but buildable to full, which is what I look for in a foundation. I like very full coverage. It's not exactly matte but definitely not dewy.. Somewhere in between but more on the Matte side. It did take an extra couple seconds to fully blend it but not very long at all & the final result was well worth the extra blending. I haven't seen my face look that good in such a long time. I thought it looked so nice that I actually left the house with no other makeup on my face or eyes, besides some concealer under my eyes & on a blemish. I was crying a lot yesterday though & I'm not sure how it held up or how long it lasted through that because the last thing on my mind was looking in the mirror to check my face. But I am going to apply this a lot or different ways & see which way works best. After a couple weeks of using this product I will come back with a full review, but as far as first impressions go, I thought it did an amazing job.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2013 9:23:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaSueBrown

PROS:
-Even skin tone.
-Feels soft

CONS:
-Expensive
-Finding your shade is a nightmare.
-Feels very thick and heavy.
-MAKES MY PORES LOOK LIKE WHITEHEADS.
-Doesn't last five hours, much less 24.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2013 2:21:00 AM More reviews by labesitos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried it in 320 warm golden(I am a mac nc40). I personally like it but wish it would last longer on my oily face.I like to set it with Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Dark. I feel it applies best when you use a primer and with your fingers.The longer I wear it the nicer it looks. I think everybody that loves makeup should give it. I don't like the packaging though.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2013 11:52:00 PM More reviews by katejo72

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation is a nice medium-to-full coverage foundation. I'm not sure if I like the packaging or if I don't. It comes in a glass container, which is a little heavy; but I like that Revlon wanted to try something new that isn't the same old boring packaging. It is on the more expensive end of drug store makeup, but it isn't as expensive as a higher end foundation. Overall I'd give this foundation a 7 out of 10.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2013 7:36:00 PM More reviews by Karidinka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I kick myself in the butt for waiting so long to try this out. This is like the traditional Colorstay foundation, but without the chalky look. Coverage is medium, and probably buildable (can't say 100%, as I don't need full coverage). Finish is surprisingly natural, and lasts about 8-10 hours with minor touch-ups (blotting and powder). Looks great applied with fingers, as with a brush/sponge, or whatever else you choose to apply. Buff is the perfect color for my complexion, it starts out a bit too yellow, but blends completely into my skin after about an hour or so. I love the jar. Price is nice too. Definitely my HG foundation!

For reference, I do not use a primer, and use powder (Make Up For Ever HD) only when I start to get a bit only in my T-zone during the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2013 6:40:00 PM More reviews by rainydaygrl

I normally use Estee Lauder DBL Wear but purchased the whip CS for" around the house wear" hoping to make the pricey DL last longer. I found my CS at a discount store, paid about 4.00, figured it was worth a try at that price. I was shocked at how much I really liked the CS. After using my EL primer I apply CS w/ fingers, stippling over w/ brush then smoothing around hairline, jaw and under eyes with sponge. The finish is nice, smooth, not dry or oily, lasting throughout my 24 hr shift with minimal touch up. Like most foundation junkies I have tried many in all price ranges, the CS has no real down side for me. The jar bothers some but I don't mind, having used Lancome Absolute creme in the past I was used to a creme coming packaged this way. I like the CS much better than Absolute and almost as much as EL Double Wear. At my age you have to be very careful with makeup it can take years off your appearance or make you look dry, wrinkly and older, this foundation has worked well for me. I would advise against it though if you have flaky skin or very dry skin. For dry skin a good moisturizer and primer with minimal powder would be advisable. Good luck ladies nothing will work for everyone but this is worth a try.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2013 12:51:00 AM More reviews by shle33

This is a holy grail foundation for me. I love the finish it leaves and how it lasts throughout the day. Not only does my foundation look good but all the products that sit on top of this foundation looks great and lasts most of the day. I'm a foundation junkie but this is one of my favorites. If I know I'm going to be gone for most of the day and need a good lasting foundation, this is my go-to. In my opinion, this is much better than the original colorstay. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by laladerk

I really like this stuff, great product! Feels light and very blendable, buildable coverage without that typical cakey foundation look. My only issue is the packaging, pretty terrible, heavy and bulky jar. This would be an amazing product if it came in a pump container! This is now my second favorite revlon foundation, i am a huge fan of photo ready foundation but this one definitely offers more coverage.
Overall, great formula for a drug store brand, very comparable to higher end products.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2013 1:04:00 AM More reviews by itsjackiebella

Available in twelve shades, Revlon Colorstay Whipped Crème Makeup claims “the time release formula balances skin for a flawless look. All day flexible wear without flaking, caking or feeling heavy”. This product retails somewhere in the range of $12-$14, 0.8 fluid ounces.

TEXTURE & FINISH:
The texture is similar to a light fluffy cream; it has kind of a cream-meets-mousse type of texture. When applying, it spreads like a silicone-based primer. Because it glides on so smoothly, a little bit of product goes a long way and it doesn’t require much effort to blend into the skin evenly. It doesn’t leave a completely matte finish, which it claims. When I first apply it, it looks somewhat matte but once it sets it gives a semi-matte finish. It gives the skin a “matte with a little bit of dewy-ness” look (not at all oily, shiny, or greasy-looking).

BEST APPLICATION:
I find that by using my fingertips to blend the foundation onto my skin, starting in the center of my face, forehead, nose and chin blending outward gives me the most flawless finish. Sometimes if I don’t feel like getting my hands dirty, I’ll use a brush with densely packed bristles to achieve a similar finish, however, I prefer the finish I get when using my fingertips.

COVERAGE:
Revlon claims this product to be “buildable to full coverage” and I somewhat agree. If you already have “good skin” and only want to even out your skin tone, all you need is a sheer layer. For more coverage, just build it up. This product allows you to build up the coverage without caking up (unless you’re applying 10 layers then of course you should expect it to cake up). If you have extremely dark circles and really bad acne scars, this product may not cover it up completely but it does an amazing job of covering up redness, minor imperfections, and evening out your skin tone.

STAYING/LASTING POWER:
If you have dry to normal skin, this product will certainly last all day, maybe not a FULL 24 hours but definitely an entire workday and throughout the evening. If you have oily skin like me, this product still holds up nicely throughout the day. It stays on my skin for about 8-10 hours without any fading or needing to touchup. Even on an extremely hot day, this product stays put on my skin with some blotting needed towards the end of the day, but this is normal with any foundation on my skin type. I usually set my foundation (all foundations in general) with a finely milled powder, but there were a few times where I forgot to set my makeup and went out of the house. To my surprise, this product held up so beautifully! It lasted ALL DAY just as long as it would when I do set my foundation (still needing to blot towards the end of the day) and this is why I LOVE this product!

FRAGRANCE:
The product has a little bit of the same “plastic-paint” smell that the original Revlon Colorstay Foundation has, but not as strong. The smell doesn’t linger on the skin and isn’t too overwhelming, in my opinion, so it doesn’t really bother me and certainly isn’t a deal breaker.

PACKAGING:
The product comes in a large, sturdy, weighty glass container. The container design has a classy look to it, sitting on my bathroom counter. However, I’m not a huge fan having to dip my fingers/brushes into a product due to hygienic reasons. Also, because it comes in a large/bulky container, it’s not exactly travel-friendly. For this reason, while traveling I have to transfer the product into a smaller container, which becomes a hassle.
Another issue I have with the packaging is that it doesn’t allow you to see the actual shade of product that is inside. Because of this, it makes it extremely difficult to get a correct color match. The color that you see through the jar is extremely lighter than the actual shade so I had to go through 3 different jars to find my exact match.

MY FINAL VERDICT-

The Good:
• Has a buildable coverage that leaves a flawless finish
• Staying/lasting power is amazing
• Glides smoothly and evenly onto the skin without too much effort
• No white cast when using flash photography
• Very affordable

The Bad:
• The packaging makes it difficult to color match
• Bulky packing makes it a hassle for traveling

The Beautiful Truth:
I would recommend this product to people of all skin types. It gives my sensitive combination-oily skin a beautiful semi-matte finish that lasts all day with great coverage without breaking me out.

For a before and after pic, check out:

Come visit my blog at http://www.itsjackiebella.com for more beauty & skincare tips!! :)