July 24, 2014 | 1798 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2013 12:01:00 AM More reviews by guesses

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this. Great for combo-oily skin, awesome coverage, and looks natural. Doesn't feel heavy on the skin and has long lasting power! The packaging sucks but I use a Q-tip to scoop some product out on the back of my hand to be more sanitary. Also, I seem to go through this product very quickly... So it is annoying since it's pretty pricey, but the quality is definitely good.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2013 10:06:00 PM More reviews by apowerfulbeat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Beautiful coverage and finish with great lasting power. I did not give this a 5 because it it is messy to apply (I do not like applying foundation with my fingers, especially when I have to dip into the jar) and it's a bit expensive for drugstore foundation ($14).

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2013 2:34:00 PM More reviews by buttons723

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have very oily skin and after getting halfway through my second jar of this, I'm still not in love with it, but it's not a bad foundation either.

Likes:
-Blendability and coverage. It can be applied using a brush, bb sponge, or fingers. It has a medium coverage on me.
-Lasting power. It stays most of the day for me and it doesn't break down.
-Non-oxidizing. I usually have problems with foundations turning orange on me, but this one stays pretty true to the original color.

Dislikes:
-Smell. It has a weird plastic smell that bugs me during application and for an hour or so afterwards before disappearing.
-Packaging. The jar is glass and unnecessarily large and bulky. It's a pain to travel with and store. Also not very sanitary.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2013 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Stellaburke

I love love love this foundation! I used to use the normal color stay foundation but it felt kind of greasy and heavy on my skin so I couldn't use it too often. When I finally tried the whipped version I fell in love. It's very light on my skin but has the same coverage as the original. I personally like the glass packaging. The only thing that I didn't really like was that it was $12 and it was kind of hard to pick the correct color through the glass. To apply it, I just put my stippling brush in it and a little goes a long way.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2013 12:04:00 PM More reviews by rohiam

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay, so after some time of using this, I've got a few things to say. First off, the packaging is horrible. I was cleaning my counter, and it fell onto my lightly carpeted floor, and a part of the bottom shattered. SHATTERED. I've dropped my Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush (also in similar glass) on tile and it withstood. It still stands up straight and the product is fine, but points off on packaging. Be VERY careful with the package. I also realized my skin is double toned, meaning darker on the outside and lighter on the inside. I apply this to the inside of my face with a dupe beauty blender sponge and it works fantastic, blends right into my face, and not to advertise, but beauty sponges actually work very well with liquids and creams, make them look dewey vs. dried out or oily. I then work Maybelline Dream Mousse Liquid Foundation in Caramel to the outsides of my face, and it gives me depth and makes me look natural. If it looks too dewey or wet, I brush my big Ecotools Retractable Kabuki over my face and it makes it more matte. Altogether, it's still a great product. I would definitely repurchase. It's not heavy at all, and it blends into the darker color really nicely to give me dimension. If you want something with not too much coverage (you can build if you so choose) but enough to be a base for the rest of your makeup, this is wonderful. (I deleted my first review because it wasn't right, through everything I've learned about my face)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by nicki5687

when i first saw the product reviews on youtube i was hype to go out and buy this instantly. im very impatient because i felt i needed it at that moment! when i saw the priced i cringed and when i saw the glass packaging i thought wtf this cannot travel with me everyday to work. i tried it with my fingers i liked the outcome and i used the revlon colorstay pressed powder to set it i got the color buff and its perfect for my extremely pale skin without the pink undertone like most drugstore foundations seem to have so thats a def plus. however, my problem with this foundation is the constant transferring i tend to play with my nose a lot and i can notice where ive touched my face because it comes onto my fingers and leaves a bald patch this never happened when i used the liquid version of the colorstay. i would buy again if its on sale but i think im going to switche back to my hg foundation which is revlon colorstay liquid.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2013 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Michamich

Early tan matches the nc 42 skin tone in terms of darkness but is much more neutral than yellow. The color ended up looking dull rather than complimenting my skin. The color also oxidizes darker and becomes orange throughout the day if you wear a sunscreen. It has a natural semi matte finish. I could only use this product for a week as it made me break out more and more right after the first day I wore it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2013 1:07:00 AM More reviews by admilly101

Ok, I am not going to review this like I traditionally do.... I am gonna start by saying I tried this foundation 4 TIMES before I finally realized how to use it properly.
TRY 1: I bought it the second it came out, and found it to be far too thick, so I returned it.
TRY 2: I decided to give it another chance because I needed something that would provide coverage and last all day. By that point this foundation had become even MORE popular! However, I thought the finish was too matte. Again, returned it.
TRY 3: Winter came, and I need something that would last all day for school. But I bought a shade too light and looked like a ghost!!!
LUCKY TRY 4: After watching different methods of application, I decided to try it one more time. I bought "200 Sand Beige" and it matches almost perfectly (i have beige skin, more on the yellow side). I applied it the way I apply my BB cream- warming a bit of product between my fingers, patting it all over my face, then buffing with my fingers. I find this gives the best finish, which resulted in a soft matte finish that lasted me from the beginning of my day at 6:30AM all the way to 9:30PM, after I had gone to school and work. It fades slightly, but in a very gracious way. Another big concern I have had about this foundation: WOULD IT BREAK ME OUT? Well, so far so good! I can usually tell right away if a foundation does not agree with my skin, but so this has not irritated my skin at all it seems(I have VERY VERY SENSITIVE SKIN!!!). Coverage I would say is a high-medium to a full coverage. This is great because my skin has been misbehaving again, I suspect do to the change in weather.
Basically, I really love this foundations now. I FINALLY see what the big deal is! Here is my more helpful review:

Overall Rating: 4/5
SKIN BACKGROUND: Oily, acne prone, SUPER sensitive, mild scarring and discoloration, beige skin with dominant yellow undertones.
PRICE:$11-15 USD
COVERAGE: High/Medium-Full coverage
FINISH: Soft Matte, but also natural. Have to be careful with blending- can either hide pores or make them huge, so blend well!
TEXTURE: Feels like pudding
SPF: I dont think there is any
LASTING POWER: 15 hours
SHADES: 200 soft beige = perfection on me. It can be difficult to find your shade- they all look the same on the outside! So be careful when choosing a shade.
DID THIS BREAK ME OUT?: No
PACKAGING: Too bulky and messy
WOULD I REPURCHASE?: Yes
FINAL VERDICT: Love!

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by ShawTee843

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I FREAKING LOVE THIS STUFF! I was wearing the original Colorstay formula but I stopped bc I felt like it was clogging up my skin and I wanted to give it a break. I moved on to a department store foundation that I liked but I still wasn't 100% sold. I was at Publix and I saw this stuff in the makeup aisle and I had never heard of it before and I've always wanted to try a whipped/mousse formula makeup bc my skin can be dry and flaky in areas and oily in others and I wanted to see if the texture would be good for me. I really like fuller coverage, but I like it to look smooth, natural and like my actual skin, which is not an easy feat! This formula is incredible! It goes on and blends like a dream! So smooth and natural looking. Its not like a mask at all..You can actually see my skin's natural beauty shining through this but it still provides full coverage! The color I picked matches me perfectly and doesn't feel heavy or cakey at all! I apply it with a beauty blender and just buff into my skin! It's so quick and easy! It lasts all day long like the original Colorstay but doesn't feel like I'm wearing a greasy mask on my face by the end of the day. It's doesn't budge an inch and it keeps a really nice matte/satin finish all day long! I actually feel like it looks better and better as the day goes on! It never oxidizes or needs touching up. My only gripe is the packaging! I bought it for $13.99 and you really sont get very much at all. Thankfully, a little goes a long way. The glass jar seems large but is really just made of super thick glass which could break easily if you aren't very careful and its not very hygienic to dip your fingers over and over again into your makeup pot. I just stick a Qtip in and transfer it to my face so that I don't make a mess everywhere. I would definitely recommend this over the Original Colorstay! Try it out! :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 12:14:00 PM More reviews by kateST

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this due to all the raves here on MUA.

It was hard to select a matching shade in store, as pharmacies always have an incompetent lighting, and the glass jar is so thick, that it's hard to fully compare the shades.

I still made a good match somehow, and right away replaced my original colorstay with this.

Now let me complain.
The container is huge, bukly, and heavy. I used to think the original was a pain to travel with, but this takes the cake. Also, it is more expensive than the original, and you get only about half as much product. Given that this is a thicker, and technically you can use less, it's still a bummer.

I have applied this with a stippling brush, and the sonia kashuk sponge. I have set it with my go to powder, and still this did not hold up nowhere near as long as the original. 4 hours later it was starting to slip off, taking the abundance of concealer from under my eyes with it. I tried setting it with 3 powders at some point, and I was still an oily mess.
Upon application, it looks very nice. however, if I look closely, it outlines my pores horribly, it disappears after maybe 10 min once the foundation warms up to my skin. It has a silicony smell, but that does not linger for long.

again, this does not last on my face. I've tired everything. I see how this can work for someone who has time and will to touch up every few hours, but for someone like me, this failed misarebly.