October 30, 2014 | 1638 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 11:41:00 PM More reviews by maeshiil

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my go-to foundation when I want good coverage (you can get lighter coverage if you sheer it out a bit, and you can also layer it for full coverage) and I want it to last. I fell in love with this last summer when I used it during my trip to Memphis, TN . It was hot and humid, I was walking around outside all day and most of the night, and it held up amazingly! I didn't touch up all day and when I got back to the hotel room, I had very little shine. Very impressive. The color selection could be better, but for the drugstore, it's pretty good.

I would say you have to make sure to find the right powder, however, because some may make it look to cakey. I use Chanel's loose powder and it's perfect. I would suggest a lighter powder as opposed to a powder foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by CountessOfPerth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

I personally enjoy this foundation quite a lot, but there are downsides to it.
Pros:
- Smooth texture
- Good shade range
- Easily blendable
- Lasts a decent amount of time for a cream product (I'd say about 7 hours without touching up)
- Pretty decent coverage
- Nice natural, satiny finish

Cons:
- Oil definitely breaks through this product
- Not very buildable
- Not the longest wearing foundation
- Can be streaky if you're not careful

Overall, I really like this foundation and am planning on repurchasing it, probably closer to fall/winter when my skin is less oily. If you have VERY oily skin, I'd pass this up completely.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 12:11:00 PM More reviews by hahalex21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a fabulous foundation if applied properly. Since it is a cream, it can cling to dry patches when first applied, so you have to make sure your skin is well exfoliated and moisturized. It gives medium-buildable coverage, I had no problem getting it to full, and a very natural finish. Not too shiny, not too matte. My skin is pretty combination at the moment, so I powder my T-zone with MAC Blot and this foundation will last me all day. The packaging is very heavy and a little awkward, a compact may be better, but it works. I prefer to apply this with my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush and blend with my fingers if I need to. Drier skinned ladies probably won't like this foundation too much, and those will extremely oily skin won't have much success either. I definitely would recommend this foundation, it's beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2013 4:16:00 AM More reviews by lipstickinpink

I love the texture of this product, feels amazing on the skin! I just dip my finger into the jar (probably isn't very hygienic, but i'd rather not dip my brush in) and dot the product on my face and buff it out with a flat top kabuki brush and the result is flawless! I don't even need to use concealer. It gives me medium to full coverage.

It does give my skin a nice dewy look, but i like to set it with powder. It does last all day, i don't need to do any touch-up during the day, which is always a plus!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2013 4:03:00 AM More reviews by byankitty

All I've got to say is, best foundation for Summer or humid/hot weather like south Texas. When first applied, it feels rather greasy but it finished matte. It's the ONLY foundation that I don't find myself having to reapply or fix later in the day. Especially because this weather tends to melt off foundation. The packaging isn't the most hygienic, but the beauty of this product is that the tip of your finger, makes it go a long way. I dot it on my face and use a flat top brush to blend it in. This foundation even covers without the use of concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by aznlau22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I really love this foundation! It has a thick creamy consistancy that gives a medium to full coverage. My favorite method of applying is with a brush, specifically Sephora's mineral brush because it is small and dense. I think any dense brush will do. Lots of people use their fingers with this but I don't get as a good of a coverage as I do with a brush. I would say one thin layer (you really need a very small dab for sections of your face because it is thick) gives me a good amount of coverage without giving me that heavy makeup look. But on days when my cheeks are extra red, you can still see a bit of red under a layer of foundation. The finish of the foundation is a bit dewy/satin and gives me supple looking skin. Whenever I visit my extended family, my aunt always comments on my "perfect" skin and I'm like, "It's not me, just foundation!" haha Since I do have normal to slightly dry skin, I do have to watch out for days when my skin is flaky and dry because otherwise, the foundation will outline and show my dry patches.
The longevity of the foundation is great. Just tonight, I went out from 4 in the evening and came back at midnight. The foundation held up really well and my redness was still concealed.
Overall, this a foundation I can count on to give me a healthy almost perfect skin look. I will def repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by Clo0107

This is a pretty good foundation. it controls oily skin great, but I hate how it looks when I first apply it. I look like a wax doll and I hardly put any on, but it does look so much better throughout the day I love that about it. the packaging is ridiculous and heavy! if anyone breaks into my house i'll just ran and get this and use it as a weapon. the color range does not have enough yellows which sucks, I'm NC30 and warm golden is my best match but does make me look a little ashy so I have to put my loreal w4 powder over to give me some color. overall, pretty good medium coverage foundation, but I probably won't buy it again, just hate the texture, it's a little thick imo.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by ZaBreeNah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I've had this foundation for hmmm at least 3 months. This review is based on just using moisturizer under the foundation, and none of any kind of powder or spray to set.

I use this product to:
- Even out skin tone
- As a base for other makeup

Skin Info - I have dry-normal skin. It's definitely not oily, combo, nor flaky. It's normal unless I skip moisturizer for a few days, then I begin getting small dry patches.

Application - I've tried using my fingers, my RealTechniques Expert Face Brush, and a damp beauty sponge. Using the brush, it is very easy to put on too much. It provides more coverage but tends to emphasize dry skin. Fingers leave a smoother, less dry finish for me though my most preferred method is with a damp sponge. With a sponge, I can spread out less product over my face leaving me with a less matte finish that never emphasizes my dry spots.
*silicone-based cream foundation is not absorbed by a sponge as easily as a water-based liquid foundation*

Finish - Not overly matte, definitely not glowy or dewy on my skin. Emphasizes dry spots if I put too much.

Coverage - starts off medium, can be built up to medium-full, or sheered out

Color Selection - I am unimpressed by the color range :(. I have a very tan and yellowish skin tone and I have Natural Tan. It is just neutral with slight yellow tones. Warm Golden is supposedly more yellow, but it's far too light for me. I'm gonna be a shade darker and the next shades are too dark and not yellow enough. I can deal with this much shades BUT there should be more yellower colors.

Longevity: Solid 6 hours for me, after that it's iffy. I've gone like 12 hours with this on and it was okaaaay for the most part. Not perfect but it started rubbing off my face in little flakes and it starts flaking off my undereyes by hour 9 which didn't look very pleasant. I'm sure it would last longer if I use a primer and/or a setting spray. I don't use setting powders because it makes my face even more matte which I personally don't like.

Reasons to try:
- Great coverage
- Drugstore price
- Matte-satin finish, more matte than anything
- Lasts a decent amount of time

Reasons to skip:
- Not good for my slightly dry skin so I imagine those with drier and flakier skins will likely not enjoy this
- Color range is not yellow enough though if you find a match and this suits you, yay!
- Jar packaging isn't the most hygienic

Packaging: I don't mind the big glass jar at all. I actually dropped it at Target and it didn't crack (I'm more worried about the floor being cracked by the jar haha).

I wouldn't repurchase this due to my personal preference of the finish, and I didn't match any color as well as I like.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2013 4:08:00 PM More reviews by dellajaz24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this for my dry skin hoping for a miricle.
It took me a few goes to get it right, I had to apply lots of moisturiser first otherwise it dries TOO dry and settles into lines but with lots of moisturiser first made it stay quite 'dewy'.
I would say this foundation is best for oily or combo skin for that reason.

Its really GREAT coverage though! I applied it with a sponge and it covered all my acne scars really well. I even slept in it once and woke up still flawless! it stayed on my face for hours and hours and hours without transfering!
The packaging is ok, could be better but who cares, the coverage makes up for it!
The only thing i didnt like about it was the fact i bought a color too light and it looked kind of grey on my already very white skin so next time ill get a different color , so yes I will be re purchaseing this product :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2013 11:46:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

Grrrr, I cannot express how much disappointment the whole Colorstay line from Revlon has brought on me. I bought this because the shades ran pale which is great for my skin and a lot of people were saying how fantabulous this foundation was so I figured I'd give it a go. My biggest problem with this foundation is it never looks flawless. It is always clinging to something whether it be my acne or dry patches. Those are the only places it 'Colorstays'. When I wear this I definitely feel like I have makeup on my face and it transfers everywhere. I gave it 2 stars because of nice shade selection and actually having shades for pale skin but thats about all its good for. No likey!