August 31, 2014 | 1333 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2012 6:07:00 PM More reviews by heyitsmeelise

So this product didnt stay well on my combi skin.. i get oily on my nose and chin where i have the most pores... i apply it b4 i go to school - that is 7.30 am- and at 10.30 it is not in place it all around and the the redness shows up again. I do use powder over it. It is the guerlain one. at 10.30 the foundation is all over the place it is everywhere else but the places tht need coverage.. i expected a bit more since it dries to a semi-matte feeling.. i apply with a brush ..i also have it for 6 months now .. lasted quite a bit it does look natural

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2012 10:20:00 AM More reviews by Mathilda91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

The original vitalumere used to be my favourite foundation, but as I grew older I wanted a bit more coverage. Also, as I've gotten out of my teens, my skin is more greasy (weird! I also have more spots now) and when Chanel released this about a year ago, and everyone raved about it I bought it 10 months ago.

It's been a staple ever since. I use it for days when I need my foundation to last all day long. It's a lovely medium coverage, that applies well with i number of different brushes with fingers. It fool-proof, works on days I'm not using contacts and therefore applying my makeup whilst being blind.

The only negative I have to say, or rather something to think about, is that it settles quickly, and I need to finish the area I'm working on before moving on to the next. Sometimes I find that it will cling to dry patches, and it will have worn off unevenly after 16 hours of wear.

But all in all - a really good foundation that works all year round - on a number of skintypes.

MY COLOUR: B10 (winter) or B30(summer), Nars SG Gobi, Mac NC 15/20 Chanel vitalumiere 10

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2012 10:11:00 AM More reviews by kathhhh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Vitalumiere Aqua is light weight and has a satin finish, slightly dewy. The formula is quite runny. I love it as an everyday foundation. It is easy to apply with a brush (I prefer MAC 187) or even fingertips. It doesn’t have very full coverage, but it is buildable. I sometimes have redness on my cheeks but If I wait a few seconds and then apply some more it covers well. You will most probably need to use it in conjunction with a concealer, to hide dark circles and blemishes as the coverage is quite sheer. Just to let you know, it has a light fragrance, but I have sensitive skin and this doesn’t cause any problems. My only problem with this foundation is that it can cause some oiliness in my T-zone after a few hours, but this is easily fixed with some powder or a blotting sheet. Overall I love this foundation I am a MAC NW20 and have this in B20 but will try the BR20 next time as it is slightly too yellow based for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

After buying this and trying it on and off for almost two months I am still on the fence, but leaning towards not loving it. I was matched to BR-40, Beige Rose Desert. The color match it near perfect I will say. You do have to shake it extremely well before applying it. That doesn't bother me. It is a thin liquid, almost feels slippery.

So I experimented a bit with it. I tried it with my fingers and I didn't love the finish. It actually worked best with my cheap-o Avon foundation brush. It looked just amazing, as if my skin was literally lit from within. I was impressed! I did two coats in parts where I have some melasma and the finish was near medium. I put a bit of concealer on and a dusting of powder and it still looked gorgeous. It was as if I always drink the right amount of water, get 8 hours of sleep at night, eat perfectly ~ which I rarely do all of those things every day. The finish reminds me of my lovable MUFE F&B but with more glow.

However hours later it just seems to get so greasy and I can feel it on. I find myself itching to just get to my bathroom to wash my face. This foundation is great for a dinner date or a few errands but I hated the feeling after a few hours. I have tried different primers, techniques, moisturizers and the best I can get is four hours of wear until I want to just wash it off.

It has a strong scent, which may not be for everyone. It is expensive. And it is nice on me for shorter days or evenings. Color and finish are great, it looks absolutely amazing on. I won't buy this again, but I will use it up.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/13/2012 1:27:00 PM More reviews by PINUPROCK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

why why why????? this is horrible really I guess everyone is different but goshh this thing is like liquid butter you splat on your face.

the first time I tried it I was at my local chanel counter, and took the little bottle and tried squeezing a bit on my hand the lady was standing right beside me.... the first thing that came out was transparent yellowish oil.... nothing but that !! it was disgusting to think I was going to put that on my face, the lady quicky saw the disgust on my face and told me I had to give it a good shake first,

I did and tried it I have to say I hate that gross oily crap!!!
Im sorry but I just cant understand why everyone loves spending 60 dlls on a bottle of mayo for your face!!! that has a pretty logo on top and says chanel why do we people get involved in all this media marketing and youtube gurus hyping about things that we just fall for ????

Dont get me wrong I like good stuff, like high end stuff, quality products and I dont mind spending 60 dlls on a makeup, I will use everyday on my face, but this has no good quality and it is just oil with tint please leave the hype on the side for a bit and actually test this leave it for a few hours check it!! really analize it because I reallly thinks this is overpriced overhyped junk! all these girls get paid for just advertising crap and we all fall for it!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2012 9:29:00 AM More reviews by Farnhead

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Gosh........I wasted my money on this peice of junk :( I thought this may be good as it has water, water is meant to be good....how WRONG!

First of all the packaging is soo annoyinggggggg. It has a nozzle...and you have to shake the product up and that gives me a arm ache....sometimes it comes out like it is supposed to and sometimes it is so watery...gosh!

The coverage is OK, doesnt feel heavy but the colour is different from the Perfection Lumiere and I dont like that...I was a 40 I think...this also broke me out badly like the other Chanel foundation...

It has a semi matte finish, doesnt last very long. Poor foundation and a waste of money!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2012 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Rosie1644

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I am about NC25 and have it B20, I must say I love it. Its very natural looking and not cakey. I have some redness in my cheek area but it covers enough to let my blush shine. Very nice foundation overall one of my TOP 10 foundations.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2012 8:39:00 AM More reviews by CLAiRE07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am SO glad I finally decided to try this foundation! I always assumed it was only suited for people who had pretty much great skin already and didn't need much coverage. However, my skin has acne scarring and redness and this does a very good job of evening out my skintone. The finish is SO natural and it doesn't settle into my large pores at all. I do have oily skin and start to notice a bit of shine after 4 hours or so, but blotting takes care of that just fine :) It doesn't separate or become patchy throughout the day like a lot of heavier foundations tend to do. I love it!
Also: I use a buffing kabuki foundation brush to apply because I find it gives a bit more coverage than using my fingers.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2012 5:57:00 AM More reviews by hannahka

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a nice light coverage natural foundation time, as I am 16 and didn't want anything too heavy.
I went to Chanel as I had bought other foundations from them and I liked them. So I was talking to the makeup artist and she recommended this and she tried it on my face. I fell in love so I bought it.
Pros:
• Light & natural coverage

Cons:
• Not very long lasting - I am constantly having to top it up!
• You have to shake the bottle ALOT before you use it - for around 40 seconds otherwise its all split.

Its decent quality but you're really just buying the brand name and not a great product. There is better avaliable and I wont be buying again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2012 7:23:00 AM More reviews by Yvonax

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have a love/hate relationship with this product. It is one of the most natural looking foundations on the market. It truly does give you that airbrushed, second skin look. It has a satin finish that makes you look like you have perfect skin. The coverage is amazing as well, considering how light and watery this foundation is.But, the lasting power is not great. Even if I just blow my nose, after couple of hours the product dissapers from my face around that area. Primer does help alot though,but powder ruins that second skin look so I try to avoid using it. It oxidises a lot as well, which makes it difficult to re apply during the day as you'll end up with different colours on your face. It sinks into the "smile lines" around my mouth a lot too, which I really hate, but this can also be avoded by using a primer. It truly makes your skin look perfect. This product is best for normal skin, if you have it definitely go and try it. But if you are extremely oily or dry skinned avoid it.