October 22, 2014 | 1478 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2012 10:35:00 AM More reviews by thegreatexaggerator

I really wanted this to work because it is the closest I have ever found to matching my skin. Not too pink, orange, or yellow. I picked up several samples and had been trying them out, and as I did I asked my son to rate the way it looked on a scale of 1-10. For this one, he gave me an 11. Kids are very honest, so I was so happy that it matched that well. BUT, I wore it to the mall one day and I was in the dressing room and got a glimpse of it in the mirror. After wearing it for a few hours it looked horrible. It was oily, patchy, and just not a good look. I set it with powder and used primer before I left the house. It is just not worth the hype. So glad I didn't purchase one.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2012 8:28:00 AM More reviews by monty713

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Expected more from Chanel. I was not put off by the price but what I dislike about this product is:1) scent, alcohol 2) texture, it sinks in but in a bad way...accentuates lines/pores 3) packaging, can't tell how much product remains 4) process, must shake thoroughly

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2012 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Misumi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This product has so much potential, and I almost feel bad giving it 3 lippies because it could work amazingly for someone else, but it just didn't for me.

I was attracted to this product because of the gel/watery texture and the color range. The texture of this product is amazing, and reminds me a lot of MUFE F&B. It really allows the product to just melt into the skin and look completely natural. The fact that BR10 is the closest match to my skin tone I've ever come across helps too.

Unfortunately, that's the end of the good things I can say about this foundation, so now on to the bad. My skin is oily, and I knew when I decided to try this foundation that it would not stay matte. However, I expected to be able to use blotting sheets and powder for a touch up and be good to go again. That wasn't the case. Instead, the foundation oxidized on me. Not horribly, but it was no longer the perfect color match I had started with. Also, the foundation seemed have broken apart? It's really difficult to describe because I've never experienced this before with a foundation. Basically, with most foundations I can touch them up to make them look good again, but I couldn't really do that with this foundation. On top of that, it broke me out in little white heads and clogged my pores. I've never had a foundation break me out so this really surprised me.

So back to the potential. Although this didn't work for me, if you have normal or dry skin and are not acne prone I would definitely try this, it could be exactly what you're looking for.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2012 2:05:00 AM More reviews by jenren

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've had this foundation for a while (about 6 months) but am only now starting to love it. I tried regular Vitalumiere, and although I have dry skin, it was too dewy for me and slipped off my skin...so I tried Vita Aqua, but this was too drying for me during the winter when I first tried it. It's been in my makeup drawer for the past couple of months and I decided to give it another go a few days ago. Well, it looks beautiful. The coverage is lovely, long-lasting, and it looks and feels so natural. Finally, I understand what all the fuss is about. Just be sure to give it a good shake each time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 6:57:00 PM More reviews by Alfordalice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a fantastic foundation. Easy to apply, lovely natural finish and good staying power. Coverage is light to medium, which I love. No it won't cover blemishes entirely, but a dab of concealer sorts that out.

Go and get a sample of this....you'll love it too!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2012 5:20:00 PM More reviews by ellenmarie1959

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Been using this formulation for several months now and I'm a fan of the luminous quality it gives my mature combo skin, but it does tend to rub off and my nose gets oily during the day. Haven't decided if I just need to get blotting papers (I dont want to add a layer of powder to middleaged skin...less makeup is better, in my opinion) or if the formulation is too oily for me. Coverage is light to medium, which is what I prefer. Not sure if I like the shade selection. The SA where I purchased my first bottle talked me into BR20, Beige Rose Tendre, which I thought was a bit too pink for me, but she persuaded me that I needed some color on my face. I ended up going back and purchasing a bottle of B20 Beige Tendre, a more yellow undertone, and liked that better, but both still seemed a shade too dark for my winter-pale skin. I sometimes mix them together.

Update: When I ran out of both foundations I decided to try Bobbi Brown, and I'm happier with her liquid Long Wear Even Finish makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2012 3:01:00 PM More reviews by sashsvjet

This is LOVE ... in a bottel. thank you Chanel.
OK, so you have to give it a shake otherwise the pigment doesnt disperse equally on your face, but otherwise that really doesnt bother me. There is a slight alcoholly smell BUT, me, being extremely prone to breakouts and sensitive eyes which flare up to something like clinique hypoallergenic foundation and bobbi brown, i was in utter SHOCK to not have had a single reaction to this foundation, no puffy eyes or redness even my acne calmed down. i think people forget that alcohol is also an anti bacterial and with some other ingredient Chanel just got it right where other brands just didnt. The coverage is so lovely (more coverage than perfection lumiere and not cakey) i have combination skin so even on my dry patches it seemed to cover just fine. and with time the warmth of your skin leaves the foundation radiant. who ever doesnt like this is just an utter weirdo or doesnt posses a kabuki foundation brush!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2012 7:34:00 AM More reviews by mighttango

I got this as a sample in my InStyle magazine....If it wasn't so expensive I would buy it. Surprised at the shade match, easy application, wearability. I have dry skin & this product didn't bother me at all. Sorry, but I'm not paying $60 for foundation. I'll have fun improvising with drug store products.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2012 4:56:00 AM More reviews by cupcakeofmylife

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is my HG foundation! It is pricey (I bought it $60 off Aus Duty Free) and so far it is the best foundation i have ever owned! I am shade B20 and I am MAC NC30-5.
It covers really nicely (medium coverage, which is my defo fave), has a really nice floral smell. The foundation sinks into your skin after a while and gives a really, natural finish to the skin. The finish is natural (not flat matte, but not too dewy as well)
Chanel said it is best to apply it with fingers, however I like to apply it with my MAC 130 brush which I think gives the best finish.
The foundation do oxidies so be careful (get some samples first before purchasing to see how you like this foundation).
When I use this foundation, I don't need touching up since this wears quite a long time (worn alone).

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2012 5:21:00 PM More reviews by evicka18

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Perfect summer make up. It spreads up well, skin looks naturally and has nice smell.