July 28, 2014 | 1814 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies Waterproof

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2011 9:47:00 PM More reviews by mjensen1

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara. It makes my eyelashes soooo long and full. My eyelashes seem to take really well to whatever mascara I use. But this one especially made them long, thick, and super dark. My eyes really open up when I use this. I love the curved brush, it covers my lashes thoroughly. Overall, I would purchase this product again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2011 9:00:00 PM More reviews by girrl65

I'm not a huge fan of this for a few reasons. First, I hate the brush. I've used this for a while now trying the brush at different angles and I just find it awkward and gimmicky. Second, I did not get any false lash effect from from this. I actually saw bigger lashes from the Colossal mascara. Lastly, this is waterproof, I understand, but it is resistant to most everything! My makeup wipes that normally remove waterproof makeup failed to remove this entirely so I was seeing rings around my eyes for days until I bought something else to remove it. However, this is not the worst thing out there either. I got a decent look from this. It wasn't a showstopping look, but it was pretty good. I will keep this around for the summer because of the waterproof qualities, but I won't be buying this particular mascara again.
Also, I would like to add that you get less of this mascara than the Colossal, which I have also used. This is also about a dollar more than the Colossal. I thought that was interesting.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2011 5:16:00 PM More reviews by bebexrc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara, but I don't know about the whole "falsie effect" that it's supposed to give you. It does make my eyes stand out and I need about 2 coats. But overall, it's a wonderful mascara for the price and it works as well (or even better) than some of the high-end mascaras.
One thing I don't like (and others have mentioned it as well) is that it is a PAIN to remove. I use baby wipes and ponds cold cream to remove my makeup, and I find this is too much tug for my eyes! I'm thinking about using baby oil or something else to remove my eye makeup though,
but this mascara is a must-try!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2011 4:24:00 PM More reviews by jesskimo89

Honestly never loved a mascara this much before! I have a really hard time making my eyelashes look good because I feel that they aren't very full or long. This mascara gives just enough volume AND length together. I was skeptical at first (like most of my friends), but will never look back now that I've tried it. Beware- if you are not careful it WILL give you "spider-eyes" so don't apply too much. Really hard to get off if you aren't using good eye makeup remover- Lancome works best for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2011 10:53:00 PM More reviews by Dominique1536

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have VERY short eyeelashies and would do anything to get long ones but I hate fake lashes. I bought this when I saw it on sale and decided to try it... I LOVED IT! I always curl my eyelashes put a layer on, curl and then put one last layer on. They make my lashes look amazing. My boyfriend even noticed the difference! I wore this when we went to cuba and one day we weren't suppose to be in the water so I coated it on. We ended up spending the day in the ocean, on banana boats and I even went down a water slide. I kept my sunglasses on for fear I looked like I had blackeyes. NOT AT ALL! Not a black trace to be found! When it does come off from too much water exposure it just disappears and at the end of the day you could still see my eyelashes! I will repurchase this forever!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2011 12:56:00 PM More reviews by MichelleB03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is terrible. The first two or three applications were alright. I had a hard time aligning all the little fibres so they actually looked like lashes, but the end result was long, thick, fake-looking lashes.

After a few more applications, this mascara got so dry, flaked all over the place, even during application. I closed the tube tightly each time, so it really surprised me that it dried out. Such a disappointment. I threw it out, and I almost never throw a product out until I really give it a fair try, but this was just impossible to use.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2011 4:56:00 PM More reviews by makeupaddict76

I usually stay clear of volumizing clumpy mascaras, my fav is Maybelline Full & Soft. Formula is total opposite, heavy, wet and clumpy so I make sure there isn't too much product on the brush. With the right technique, I'm able to get a length, volume, and it also holds curls well. It's better than I expected.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2011 10:08:00 AM More reviews by ZiahSaysFreeze

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my favoutire mascara so far!! The formulation is lovely to apply and has small fibres which added volume to my lashes. I have very fair lashes and this coated them perfectly :). The brush is spoon shaped to fit the natural curve of eyelashes and I found that it really worked! No the cheapest at around 10 where I live but definitely not the most expensive. Well worth the money. The only thing I wish was different was that it gave a little more length, because even after I curl my lashes well, they still don't look very long. Overall, my favourite mascara to try so far :D

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2011 9:53:00 AM More reviews by Marian93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i really like it

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2011 7:35:00 PM More reviews by MakeupSami

I went on a cruise over spring break, and beforehand, I had decided that it would be in my best interest to purchase a waterproof mascara, that way, I could put on my make-up for the day, and could get wet whenever I want, without planning it. Without any knowledge of waterproof mascaras, I went out and bought The Falsies "WATERPROOF" version. I have used many of the mascaras in the Maybelline Volum' Express line before, including the original The Falsies, so I hoped this would be just as good, except waterproof!

My first thoughts while I applied it were that it was great, and worked just the same as the original version.. However, that day, I went in the hot tub with a bunch of my new friends from the cruise, and it was as if it wasn't even waterproof!

IT WAS HORRIBLE!! It acts as any other mascara, and runs once a single drop of water touches your lashes.

If you want a good waterproof mascara, I would NOT recommend this!! I am still on the lookout for a great summer-friendly, waterproof mascara.. Unfortunately, I really wanted this to work, but it just didn't.