January 28, 2015 | 1883 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies Waterproof

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2011 9:06:00 PM More reviews by AleeshaRenee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am in love w/ this mascara! Honestly, when I bought this, I didn't think it was going to be anything special, let alone good. Boy did it prove me wrong ! The unique spoon shaped applicator is really good for my lashes. It holds curl a long time, and it makes them very long and slighlty volumized. The packaging could have been better in my opinion, but that doesn't effect how well the mascara will work. The only con I can say, is that it does have a tendancy to clump. I think it is because the wand really grabs a lot of product out of the tube. Anyways, The Falsies and most other Maybelline Volum' Express mascaras I have tried are very good, and I would definately reccommend them.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2011 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Becky12

Falsies Waterproof is pretty wet just like almost every recent Maybelline mascara. The length is really good for drugstore mascara. The problem is that this stuff takes time and skill to apply. You have to patiently remove excess from the brush at multiple angles. It is not forgiving like other buildable mascaras like Full n Soft. It goes from great to spidery in no time. I can see why other people might not like it, but it works for me. Like other Maybelline waterproofs I've tried, it lasted through a cold shower without smudging, even when I rubbed my eyes. BTW, I used Neutrogena eye makeup remover with a cotton ball and it came right off.

While I do like using this, I have to mark it down for how quickly the formula gets "gloppy". For best results, I have to replace this every month.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2011 4:41:00 PM More reviews by Secnarf

In the past I've always used Lancome's Hypnose mascara. However since the price is a little steep, I've been looking for cheaper alternatives. After going through so many different ones at my local drug store, I finally found a gem! This mascara does not flake like other waterproof mascara's, doesn't clump and totally delivers a high volume, long lash impact! People are constantly asking me if my eyelashes are fake! For under $10 canadian, this mascara is a steal. Won't disappoint!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2011 5:42:00 AM More reviews by eeveex

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG mascara. I have very thin, straight Asian lashes and this mascara thickens, lengthens and holds my curl. It's also very accessible, being relatively cheap and available at most drugstores. It has a dry formula. The brush has a banana-ish curve, and has longer bristles at the sides.

I apply one coat (after curling) using the brush held down (forming an upside down smiley face - a frowny face, if you will) so the longer bristles coat and lengthen the lashes. Then, I apply a second coat using the flat-ish inside of the brush for volume. I would not recommend curling after the application of this mascara, so make sure you have curled enough for your liking before applying it, and concentrate on one eye at a time (curl and mascara one eye, then the same with the other).

I use this mascara daily. For going out, I find that demi-lashes (coated with mascara first) are enough to glam up my lashes.

I spent a lot of time and money finding a good mascara after Maybelline discontinued Sky High Curves, and this mascara is just the best I've ever used. I never thought you could have length, volume and curl without using two separate mascaras. I really hope this helped someone!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2011 4:28:00 PM More reviews by saranging

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's probably my favorite mascara to date. I'm Asian, and I have straight lashes. Unlike other Asian women, however, I have really really long eyelashes so it's hard to find a mascara that holds my stick lashes in a curve! I love the flexibility of the wand and how the curve of the brush fits my eyes very well.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2011 7:32:00 AM More reviews by Holmis

I love this mascara, because the formula is dry enough to let you put on many coats. The brush makes it really easy to apply, and you get alot of volume and length. I wouldn't use this is if I was going for a natural look.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2011 8:47:00 PM More reviews by TayEmAubLy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this product. I wanted a volumizing look. I got this because I had wanted it for a long time. I really like it, easy to apply, clumps SOMETIMES, but when it was halfway gone, when i pulled out the wand, the bristles were sticking to eachother and it was junk. I bought a new one, and its good, but the formula is kinda runny.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2011 12:41:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The formula is way too wet for my lashes. Gave me no volume or length. I returned it back to CVS.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2011 1:41:00 AM More reviews by addied

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

As much as I enjoy the thick volumious lashes it gives, it's a little too much for my eyes.

I do love the wand but this product isn't going to be part of my collection because it smudge too easily and clump my lashes together.

I want to replace it already but am broke. :/

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2011 1:31:00 AM More reviews by makeupgrl2008

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara!!!!
I bought the waterproof version in black drama and haven't had any problems at all with it. It hasn't clumped too badly for me, which seems to be the problem for most people.
Gives great volume and holds a curl really well. Not much on length, but wasn't expecting much anyway.
Lasts a really long time and doesn't smudge! Even in intense heat and sweat. So far, my favorite mascara <3