Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Waterproof

3.6

Isodecane, Microcrystalline wax, C8-9 Isoparaffin, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Carnauba Wax, Water, Propylene Carbonate, Allyl Stearate/VA Copolymer, Lecithin, PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Arginine, Silica, Serine, 2-oleamido-1, 3-octadecanediol, Rayon, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Panthenol, Glutamic Acid, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl dimer dilinoleate Copolymer, polyquaternium-10, Polyvinyl Laurate, Oryza Sativa Starch/Rice Starch, Isobutylparaben, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, [ /- May Contain: CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens, CI77289/Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77491, CI77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77510/Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 77742/Manganese Violet, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Mica]

on 7/22/2011 6:54:00 AM

The reviews about this were great - no smuding - ahhh how fab I thought.

Well.. I won't buy again.

It smudges after just a couple of hours, after a day you can look like you've got black eyes! Very bad!

It clumps a little on application but if you wipe the brush this makes it a cleaner application.

The results are very black, full and a good curl - but I need something to stay put to rate it well.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I don't know why the ratings for this product aren't higher!

I have asian, straight-pointed down lashes, & with that said, I love this mascara! I've tried numerous of other drug store mascaras, I love how it doesn't clump OR flake like other mascaras (that gets into my eye balls or flakes to my nose).

It doesn't volume, but looks more natural (like falsies).

on 7/20/2011 4:46:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love the Volum' Express mascaras in general. This adds volume and length. It holds a curl well (as do other waterproof mascaras I've tried). There's no smudging or flaking.

on 7/20/2011 7:03:00 AM

I have short, straight lashes and this mascara does wonders! After curling my lashes with my shu uemura eyelash curler, I apply two coats of the Falsies, using the different angles of the brush to get all my lashes. This mascara adds volume and length, and doesn't smear at all.

I actually like the product more when I first bought it and the formula was more "wet." It seemed easier to apply. After a week or so it dries up more, but I still love it.

The only negative is that this mascara is a PAIN to remove. This mascara is like GLUE. I've used many other waterproof mascaras before, but this is the first one that I've had actual issues with. I use Lancome's Bi-Facil and still find chunks glueing my lashes together.

I would repurchase though because I love how full my lashes look! I wouldn't say they look like I'm wearing Falsies, but that's because I don't have that much length on my lashes to be working with to begin with.

on 7/20/2011 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This product is absolutely amazing! I love the way it makes my lashes look, especially when I use a double coat. Maybelline really means it when they say waterproof too, because it really stays on my lashes. I even find it difficult to remove it with makeup remover! The packaging is also really cute and useful; the wand is great and I love the purple container. The only complaint I have is that when I'm applying the mascara, it does clump up my lashes, and if I don't work quickly, sometimes I can't remove all of the clumps. Overall, this is a great mascara and I recommend it to everybody who wants lovely lashes!

on 7/13/2011 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My new favourite mascara! I already have thick dark lashes so I need a dramatic mascara in order to emphasize my lashes further. THis definitely does that! I understand why some may say that it's thick and may clump...but I like the effect it gives my lashes. I've already bought the "Black Drama" and "Flared" versions to try out esp as I heard the Flared Falsies look less clumpy.

on 7/12/2011 12:46:00 AM

I bought this from the States on vacation. And oh how i wish it was sold in Singapore! Its wonderful. Doesn't clump. Very black and doesn't smear/smudge. And as far as "falsies'' look is concerned ---I was wearing this the other day and my friend asked me if i had 'false lashes' on?? - so yess it does live up to its claim!

on 7/11/2011 7:50:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this product for the waterproof claims, and hey who doesn't like a little falsies drama?
When you first start to use the product it goes on very light and takes several coats to get a pronounced look. After a few weeks like many mascaras, it goes on better still requiring several coats.
I do like that my lashes do not clump with this mascara. It comes of with any makeup remover. As for being a false look, uh no. It gives a nice understated definition. Stays put even during tears or sweat.
For the money it is a nice little mascara.

on 7/11/2011 4:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

The best mascara ever!!!!
First, it's very waterproof.
2nd, it makes my lashes looks full, thick, oomph, without clumpy.
3rd, the black color is very very black...
4th, it don't dry faster in the tube. it can stay for almost 4-5month
5th, it's cheap!!!

So, what else? is there any good stuffs like this?

on 7/10/2011 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Better than average mascara for my straight asian lashes. It lengthens and volumizes my lashes pretty well, and also holds the curl quite well compared to other mascaras (alot better than the Colossal waterproof, in my opinion). It can get alittle clumpy at the ends, but you can always use a lash comb to solve that problem. It's more of a volumizing mascara so I don't really mind the clumping, since the pricetag isn't too bad. The only problem is that the mascara does smudge a little on me by the end of the day (no flaking thou, and most Maybelline mascaras smudge on me). I usually use Shiseido mascara base underneath so it helps reduce the smudging.