September 21, 2014 | 1972 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies Waterproof

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2011 4:13:00 PM More reviews by EmilyPanda916

HG! (:
Get waterproof! It's not too wet but not dry at all! The normal version is very very wet! And don't get the Black Drama version because it's super dry and not buildable at all! Just get the waterproof in blackest black! I have Asian lashes! Super short, straight, and thin lashes. This gives good length for me and ok volume. If you use the spoon brush for applying and then turning it so the spoon is upside down, you can get more volume. I loveeeee this mascara! (:

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2011 11:11:00 AM More reviews by swimmerchick714

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very sparse/straight asian lashes and I felt that the falsies was a pretty good buy for someone like me. My lashes looked a lot longer and thicker on the first application so I was definitely pleased; also, after application, my eyelashes stayed curled and didn't give me that horrible droopy look. There are a few problems with this mascara... It really has a clumping issue, so I would say you should definitely be prepared to run and eyelash comb through. Also, it sort of flakes throughout the day, so you could end up with racoon eyes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2011 2:45:00 AM More reviews by shanhal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this mascara was really hit and miss for me,
one day it was beautiful and amazing
then the next it was a smugy ugly mess!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2011 2:41:00 AM More reviews by griziebuu

I really tried hard to love this product, but it didn't work out. Grabbed this product last night from a local Rite-Aid because I fell in love with the name. Especially since I'm Asian and I have straight lashes, I wanted something that wouldn't clump, flake or smudge, but would hold my curls. I applied 2/3 coats and let it dry. It clumped a little so I had to use a lash brush; it has a tendency to make your lashes stick together which isn't really attractive. After only twenty minutes, I went to check the mirror - my lashes were drooping because the mascara can't hold curls and there were tiny black dots all over my eye because it was flaking. Also, the formula is terribly sticky. I decided to use my eyelash curler to pump my lashes more, and I had to carefully unlock the curler from my lashes because the stickiness from the mascara was giving my curler a hard time opening up! :( Wasted my money on this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2011 11:06:00 PM More reviews by pensopera

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Maybelline The Falsies WP mascara (0.25 oz for $5.99 to $7.49 usd) is a voluming mascara that makes lashes 8 times thicker without clumping. The products does makes my thin and short lashes thick and holds the curl really well after 2 coats of application. The wand is flexible and applying the mascara easier to get to the difficult part of the lashes without poking my eyes or accidently smear the mascara all over my eyes like with the general stiff wand. Also, I like how the wand is curve to make an easy application to get the exact lift and curl. The formula is a little thick than Maybelline Full N' Soft WP mascara but The Falsie provides more drama and fullness. It does smears a little on my lower lids but it is easy to clean up. In addition, the dried formula does feel a little dry and crunchy on my lashes, but not as crunchy as the Soft N' Full mascara. The package is cute but look kinds of tacky with the purple plastic thick tube, I wish the package is more thinner and comes in a sleek look. Overall, The Falsie Waterproof is a great mascara if you want to have a full and thick lashes that last and last thru out the days.
EDIT 8/5/11: I found that The Falsie WP does provides a beautiful curl and luscious lashes, but it smears very intensely. I would not expect from the water proof formula, but yes it smears at the end of the day for me making my eyes look like a raccoon. I took away 2 stars because of the smearing and the crunchy texture.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2011 6:13:00 PM More reviews by katerina17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mascara is actually one of my favorites. I've bought it before and I'll buy it again. It defines my eyelashes and makes them seem longer. I natrually have normal length/longer eyelashes and it makes them stand out more then other mascara. It also give them more body and makes them more lush.

The only thing that I would say bothers me if when you apply to much mascara it begins to clump the eyelashes together. But if you apply a moderate amount, you'll enjoy it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2011 6:09:00 PM More reviews by ImABlackPoem

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great mascara. My mother and sister both asked if I was wearing natural looking false lashes after I applied the mascara to my lashes. I got length and volume. However, I noticed that, after a few weeks of using this mascara, my eyelashes were very dry and started falling out more than usual.

I think this is a great product that really works but it can't work at all for me if my lashes keep falling out as a result of using it. I gave it to my mom and my sister also bought a tube of Volum' Express Falsies Mascara and they absolutely love it...maybe it's just me.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2011 5:30:00 PM More reviews by blondievixen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have never hated a beauty product as much as I hate this mascara! It's heavy, drags my eyelashes down, clumps, and sticks my eyes together in quite a painful way. I've tried wearing it with my contact lenses and had to take them out within a few minutes as the mascara just managed to find a way of clinging to them and really hurt. Removing it, even with make up wipes, is a lengthy process, and doesn't always work.
I'm immensely disappointed with this product, and have pretty much been put off other Maybelline products, as I thought it was a brand I could trust. But no, never again.
It was quite expensive as well, but I think the bin is the only place for this.
If possible I wouldn't even give this product a 1. Completely and utterly awful.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2011 2:11:00 AM More reviews by becj

This mascara really stays in place, and it's not clumpy if you don't over apply although I would like a slightly more feathery look. I agree with other reviewers regarding difficulty removing this mascara. I find that if I patiently hold my eye makeup remover pad over my eye for thirty seconds and then gently rub, the mascara comes off easily.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2011 9:47:00 PM More reviews by mjensen1

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara. It makes my eyelashes soooo long and full. My eyelashes seem to take really well to whatever mascara I use. But this one especially made them long, thick, and super dark. My eyes really open up when I use this. I love the curved brush, it covers my lashes thoroughly. Overall, I would purchase this product again.