Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Waterproof

3.6

Isodecane, Microcrystalline wax, C8-9 Isoparaffin, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Carnauba Wax, Water, Propylene Carbonate, Allyl Stearate/VA Copolymer, Lecithin, PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Arginine, Silica, Serine, 2-oleamido-1, 3-octadecanediol, Rayon, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Panthenol, Glutamic Acid, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl dimer dilinoleate Copolymer, polyquaternium-10, Polyvinyl Laurate, Oryza Sativa Starch/Rice Starch, Isobutylparaben, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, [ /- May Contain: CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens, CI77289/Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77491, CI77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77510/Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 77742/Manganese Violet, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Mica]

on 7/8/2011 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Holds curl, gives volume, doesn't flake, but it was too water proof! I found myself struggling to take it off before bed even with makeup remover. Plus it clumps & makes my lashes stick together :( im a little disappointed. Its not horrible, but not fantastic either.

I like the effect it gives my lashes, very full and long. Just like they say false lash effect. But it is not very waterproof so I wouldn't buy it again.

on 7/6/2011 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Does what it says, but you should apply this very lightly and gently as a little bit does A LOT! It can be clumpy but a run through with an eyelash brush right after does the trick. Gives you very very full lashes. However, the "waterproof" part isn't so true. I find that it can end up under my eyes by the end of the day, and if I swim in it it melts off very quickly. Still a very good product, especially for the price.

on 7/6/2011 5:17:00 AM

I too don't get the hype. I bought this mascara having high hopes and I have to say that I don't care for it.
It gets clumpy and makes me lashes stick together. Had to try it, but its not for me.
Mascara seems to be one of those products that either people love it, or hate it. I will be sticking to my full n soft and tarte mascaras.

Lovely mascara. Gives me volume AND length AND it hold my curl. Not many mascaras do that. Had already bought a new one and that doesn't happen very often for me either

on 7/6/2011 2:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this product. It made my lashes look long and dark and. As for waterproof it worked wonders, not flaking or running at all.

on 7/6/2011 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

HG mascara, where have you been all my life?? This stuff blows all the other drugstore mascaras right out of the water, and it can easily go toe to toe with a lot of the high end mascaras that sell for three or four times the price.

First of all, it actually IS waterproof. Not all "waterproof" mascaras are any such thing, but this has survived allergy attacks, contact lens malfunctions, a mean boy making me cry, an unexpected rain shower, and a romp in the ocean. Basically, this mascara withstood all the things that usually destroy mascara where it stands, and I safely escaped from all of the above scenarios without looking like a gothling raccoon by the end of the night. Score 1!

Next up, this stuff is wonderfully build-able. One coat gives me a great daytime look. It enhances my lashes and brings out my eyes without it looking like I'm wearing...well...falsies. However, if I add a second or third coat, it gets very dramatic, and I've actually had people ask me if those were my real eyelashes. Score 2!

Best of all, this mascara is great for giving length AND volume without getting clumpy and cakey and looking like my eyelashes got attacked by black Play-Doh. Score 3!

In a nutshell, this is far and away the best drugstore mascara out there, and it mops the floor with quite a few of the high-end mascaras out there as well. I'm keeping this and loving it forever!

on 7/3/2011 7:26:00 PM

One word: meh. I don't know whether it's just my fussy lashes or not, but I don't see any reason why everyone fusses over this stuff. It's super clumpy and makes my lashes stick together. I'd rather stick to my Pulse Perfection, thank you very much.

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Cool

I am in love w/ this mascara! Honestly, when I bought this, I didn't think it was going to be anything special, let alone good. Boy did it prove me wrong ! The unique spoon shaped applicator is really good for my lashes. It holds curl a long time, and it makes them very long and slighlty volumized. The packaging could have been better in my opinion, but that doesn't effect how well the mascara will work. The only con I can say, is that it does have a tendancy to clump. I think it is because the wand really grabs a lot of product out of the tube. Anyways, The Falsies and most other Maybelline Volum' Express mascaras I have tried are very good, and I would definately reccommend them.

on 7/2/2011 8:47:00 PM

Falsies Waterproof is pretty wet just like almost every recent Maybelline mascara. The length is really good for drugstore mascara. The problem is that this stuff takes time and skill to apply. You have to patiently remove excess from the brush at multiple angles. It is not forgiving like other buildable mascaras like Full n Soft. It goes from great to spidery in no time. I can see why other people might not like it, but it works for me. Like other Maybelline waterproofs I've tried, it lasted through a cold shower without smudging, even when I rubbed my eyes. BTW, I used Neutrogena eye makeup remover with a cotton ball and it came right off.

While I do like using this, I have to mark it down for how quickly the formula gets "gloppy". For best results, I have to replace this every month.