August 20, 2014 | 982 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies Waterproof

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2011 6:13:00 PM More reviews by katerina17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mascara is actually one of my favorites. I've bought it before and I'll buy it again. It defines my eyelashes and makes them seem longer. I natrually have normal length/longer eyelashes and it makes them stand out more then other mascara. It also give them more body and makes them more lush.

The only thing that I would say bothers me if when you apply to much mascara it begins to clump the eyelashes together. But if you apply a moderate amount, you'll enjoy it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2011 6:09:00 PM More reviews by ImABlackPoem

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great mascara. My mother and sister both asked if I was wearing natural looking false lashes after I applied the mascara to my lashes. I got length and volume. However, I noticed that, after a few weeks of using this mascara, my eyelashes were very dry and started falling out more than usual.

I think this is a great product that really works but it can't work at all for me if my lashes keep falling out as a result of using it. I gave it to my mom and my sister also bought a tube of Volum' Express Falsies Mascara and they absolutely love it...maybe it's just me.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2011 5:30:00 PM More reviews by blondievixen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have never hated a beauty product as much as I hate this mascara! It's heavy, drags my eyelashes down, clumps, and sticks my eyes together in quite a painful way. I've tried wearing it with my contact lenses and had to take them out within a few minutes as the mascara just managed to find a way of clinging to them and really hurt. Removing it, even with make up wipes, is a lengthy process, and doesn't always work.
I'm immensely disappointed with this product, and have pretty much been put off other Maybelline products, as I thought it was a brand I could trust. But no, never again.
It was quite expensive as well, but I think the bin is the only place for this.
If possible I wouldn't even give this product a 1. Completely and utterly awful.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2011 2:11:00 AM More reviews by becj

This mascara really stays in place, and it's not clumpy if you don't over apply although I would like a slightly more feathery look. I agree with other reviewers regarding difficulty removing this mascara. I find that if I patiently hold my eye makeup remover pad over my eye for thirty seconds and then gently rub, the mascara comes off easily.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2011 9:47:00 PM More reviews by mjensen1

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara. It makes my eyelashes soooo long and full. My eyelashes seem to take really well to whatever mascara I use. But this one especially made them long, thick, and super dark. My eyes really open up when I use this. I love the curved brush, it covers my lashes thoroughly. Overall, I would purchase this product again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2011 9:00:00 PM More reviews by girrl65

I'm not a huge fan of this for a few reasons. First, I hate the brush. I've used this for a while now trying the brush at different angles and I just find it awkward and gimmicky. Second, I did not get any false lash effect from from this. I actually saw bigger lashes from the Colossal mascara. Lastly, this is waterproof, I understand, but it is resistant to most everything! My makeup wipes that normally remove waterproof makeup failed to remove this entirely so I was seeing rings around my eyes for days until I bought something else to remove it. However, this is not the worst thing out there either. I got a decent look from this. It wasn't a showstopping look, but it was pretty good. I will keep this around for the summer because of the waterproof qualities, but I won't be buying this particular mascara again.
Also, I would like to add that you get less of this mascara than the Colossal, which I have also used. This is also about a dollar more than the Colossal. I thought that was interesting.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2011 5:16:00 PM More reviews by bebexrc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara, but I don't know about the whole "falsie effect" that it's supposed to give you. It does make my eyes stand out and I need about 2 coats. But overall, it's a wonderful mascara for the price and it works as well (or even better) than some of the high-end mascaras.
One thing I don't like (and others have mentioned it as well) is that it is a PAIN to remove. I use baby wipes and ponds cold cream to remove my makeup, and I find this is too much tug for my eyes! I'm thinking about using baby oil or something else to remove my eye makeup though,
but this mascara is a must-try!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2011 4:24:00 PM More reviews by jesskimo89

Honestly never loved a mascara this much before! I have a really hard time making my eyelashes look good because I feel that they aren't very full or long. This mascara gives just enough volume AND length together. I was skeptical at first (like most of my friends), but will never look back now that I've tried it. Beware- if you are not careful it WILL give you "spider-eyes" so don't apply too much. Really hard to get off if you aren't using good eye makeup remover- Lancome works best for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2011 10:53:00 PM More reviews by Dominique1536

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have VERY short eyeelashies and would do anything to get long ones but I hate fake lashes. I bought this when I saw it on sale and decided to try it... I LOVED IT! I always curl my eyelashes put a layer on, curl and then put one last layer on. They make my lashes look amazing. My boyfriend even noticed the difference! I wore this when we went to cuba and one day we weren't suppose to be in the water so I coated it on. We ended up spending the day in the ocean, on banana boats and I even went down a water slide. I kept my sunglasses on for fear I looked like I had blackeyes. NOT AT ALL! Not a black trace to be found! When it does come off from too much water exposure it just disappears and at the end of the day you could still see my eyelashes! I will repurchase this forever!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2011 12:56:00 PM More reviews by MichelleB03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is terrible. The first two or three applications were alright. I had a hard time aligning all the little fibres so they actually looked like lashes, but the end result was long, thick, fake-looking lashes.

After a few more applications, this mascara got so dry, flaked all over the place, even during application. I closed the tube tightly each time, so it really surprised me that it dried out. Such a disappointment. I threw it out, and I almost never throw a product out until I really give it a fair try, but this was just impossible to use.