November 1, 2014 | 1376 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies Waterproof

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2011 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Amber814

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I didn't like this mascara b/c, it didn't do anything for my lashes. It didn't even look like I had mascara on. I like my lashes to look full and thick, without being clumpy. I won't be buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2011 10:01:00 AM More reviews by highwayrendezvous

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

This is actually my favourite mascara from Maybelline. Finally, I've found a mascara that actually works for me, though not HG material (clump-free, absolutely smudgeproof and waterproof, volumizes, curls and lengthens, leaves me lashes feeling soft and looking full--haha, I know that's a lot to ask for ).

Before I use it on each eye, I will NEVER FAIL to wipe off the excess on a tissue paper. It's an extra step (or two, since we have a pair of eyes, haha) but it's really worth it. I took a lippie off because of this extra step. This is to get rid of the excess mascara on the bristles of the wand and this will greatly reduce clumping. What am I left with then? My lashes are visibly lengthened and more voluminous after I apply mascara. Sure, I do not look like I'm wearing falsies (in fact, I will never wear them) but my lashes look pretty and I look wide awake (critical for someone who burns the midnight oil).

Smudgeproof? Yes. Waterproof? Absolutely. No doubts about that. It's power to hold the curl is okay too--my lashes do not become limp after a few hours.

I use L'Oreal eye makeup remover to remove this mascara, and removal is a breeze. Just make sure you gently press the soaked cotton pad on your eye for a minute, then gently swipe off. I always do this a second time to make sure that there's no residue left on my eyes.

I will repurchase this again!

I guess for now, I'm gonna "stickwitu", Mr Maybelline Falsies Waterproof!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2011 8:56:00 AM More reviews by AndreaReneeXO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this because of rave reviews and I'm really disappointed. The brush is extremely curved and too bristly for my liking.
It clumps lashes horribly and gave mine absolutely no length or volume even after curling them.
It's also nearly impossible to remove. I spent probably four or five minutes wiping my eyes with eye make-up remover, long after my shadow and liner was gone!
I definitely don't recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2011 5:39:00 AM More reviews by Elaine91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is extremely good if you are looking for very high volume lashes. It gives me thick long lashes but it does clump A LOT! So putting it on does take work as I have to apply then brush, apply then brush. This stuff does tend to be drying and is hard to take off, so this will be my go to mascara in Summer and for going out.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2011 8:33:00 PM More reviews by amnasaeed

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It does thicken lashes very, VERY well...so you do look like you're kind of wearing falsies...HOWEVER, it is kind of wet, and clumps a lot...This makeup is an absolute nightmare to take off...I used 3 wipes, washed my face, and there was still residue when I wiped with a tissue...won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2011 9:01:00 PM More reviews by Susan2148

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara, but I'm not giving it five lippies. What I love is the end result -- my lashes turn out black and full and really define my eyes. The thing is -- I can get that result only after wiping all sides of the brush on the top of the tube so that I can get off all the excess gooped up mess that comes out on the brush. After applying to one eye, the brush has to go back through that goop and out again, and there's even more to wipe off. But, it's worth it. It's difficult to remove, more so than other waterproofs I've used, but that's something I'll put up with because of the end result. I'll buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2011 12:12:00 PM More reviews by composure

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Before I found The Falsies, I thought Cover Girl - Lash Exact Waterproof was the best an Asian girl with straight wimpy lashes could get. I'm glad I was wrong.

The Falsies has an interesting curved brush which helps in coating all the lashes as the bristles are longer and closer together. I often just apply UD's Potion Primer on my lids and swipe a few coats of The Falsies on my lashes and I'm good to go. On my more oilier days it tends to smudge just a little bit, nothing too out of control. I also then avoid coating my lower lashes. This mascara darkens, holds a curl, lengthens and separates my lashes. I have to wipe the brush before applying to avoid clumps. It gives me a wide eyed dolly look. Win.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2011 6:54:00 PM More reviews by furafura

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have hooded Asian eyes so it's easy for mascara to smudge on the bottoms of my eyelids. This mascara doesn't smudge on me, holds curl all day, and adds volume to my lashes - which is everything I want in a mascara! I will definitely repurchase if I can't find anything better. I'm at the end of the tube now, and its starting to clump a little.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2011 4:13:00 PM More reviews by EmilyPanda916

HG! (:
Get waterproof! It's not too wet but not dry at all! The normal version is very very wet! And don't get the Black Drama version because it's super dry and not buildable at all! Just get the waterproof in blackest black! I have Asian lashes! Super short, straight, and thin lashes. This gives good length for me and ok volume. If you use the spoon brush for applying and then turning it so the spoon is upside down, you can get more volume. I loveeeee this mascara! (:

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2011 11:11:00 AM More reviews by swimmerchick714

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very sparse/straight asian lashes and I felt that the falsies was a pretty good buy for someone like me. My lashes looked a lot longer and thicker on the first application so I was definitely pleased; also, after application, my eyelashes stayed curled and didn't give me that horrible droopy look. There are a few problems with this mascara... It really has a clumping issue, so I would say you should definitely be prepared to run and eyelash comb through. Also, it sort of flakes throughout the day, so you could end up with racoon eyes.