October 31, 2014 | 1559 users online

Mascara - Revlon - Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2011 2:21:00 AM More reviews by SandraDCV

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm a little confused why some people are under the impression that this mascara is supposed to speed up the growing process of your lashes. It makes no such claim. It says 96% saw instantly lusher lashes. That means the mascara "grows" your lashes, so to speak. It's not like Latisse or those growth inducing mascaras. People are taking "Grow Luscious" too literally.

Well anyway, I like it, but I don't love it. I think a little too much product comes out on the brush and I have to wipe it off before applying or it's clumpy spider leg city. So I'm wasting some of it. I doubt I will buy it again. My lashes are fairly long and medium dark. I also have somewhat big eyes. So the brush size is fine for me. I can see how it could pose as a problem for smaller eyes and/or short lashes. But different types of mascaras are on the market to suit the needs of different people.

On a side note, I think people should take into account that everyone has different needs when reviewing a product. Don't bring down the rating of a product just because you bought something that was intended for someone with different lashes, skin, hair, etc.
Example: "I found the conditioner to be too moisturizing and weighed my hair down" -- maybe because it is intended for someone that needs that weight and moisture level. Just a thought.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2011 9:29:00 PM More reviews by kaitholly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is one of my favorite mascaras to date! It gives me that fluttery, wide-eyed look that I always look for in a mascara. It has a nice, dark black pigmentation (I have Blackest Black), another quality that I look for. It doesn't flake, run, or smudge. The only drawback it has for me is that ginormous brush. Why is that big? To prove that it is volumizing? I don't get it...it's just unwieldy. Also, I can't speak to it's magical lengthening cabilities...frankly I doubt it will make my lashes grow and I haven't noticed any growth in the last 2 weeks of use. But I overlook that because it's a damn good product. And though I can't give it a perfect 5 out of 5, it is about as close to perfect as I am going to get in a mascara. Though, knowing myself, I will be trying other mascaras in the future. I just can't help myself!

EDIT 3/17/11: A month later, the MA at Laura Mercier commented on how full my lashes look. Never happened to me before!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2011 11:47:00 PM More reviews by jesenia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Before buying this mascara I use to use Cover-girl's Lash Blast (orange tube) religiously and I've decided to move-on. I was so skeptical of Revlon's Grow Luscious mascara because i read a handful of good/bad reviews on it. I guess this mascara varies on certain types of lashes/people. I found that after wearing this mascara over a week it has not caused any flaking what-so-ever, it keeps the curl of my eyelashes all day long, starting from 6am, these two things are what i look for in a mascara. Yes, the brush is outrageously huge but you get use to it. Its consistency isn't too watery or thick, its in between. My eyelashes are naturally semi-long/thick so I really didn't buy it for the "grow luscious". However, I have been getting a lot of compliments on my eyelashes this week than usual, so that means something, right? :) So if your willing to take the risk and buy this $8 product, then go for it! I have this in 001 Blackest Black btw.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2011 5:23:00 PM More reviews by Julysbaby

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this product after watching a you tube video. It was kinda hard to find at first, but I did at Target. I really like this mascara. The big brush was a surprise, but I've learned to work with it. It does seem to clump after the second application, but it makes my lashes look really long, so it's a keeper.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2011 9:36:00 PM More reviews by YTHANNAH

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this because I liked the idea of putting something "conditioning" on my lashes... probably healthier for them than regular old mascara, right? Found the brush a little bigger than what I was used to, but I adapted. The first real problem was its tendency to leave rather indelible greasy smears under my eyes when I removed it at night, and that was using a remover for waterproof eye makeup. I did like the mascara, however.... for the first two weeks. At that point, I found that it started drying out or thickening and wasn't performing well at all. By the time the tube was three weeks old, it was no longer usable.... I do like mascara to last a little longer than that!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2011 6:57:00 AM More reviews by lynowens

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like this product, considering that it contains products that "care" for your lashes, and at the same time lengthens and volumizes like a good mascara would.

However, after my third time applying this mascara - i gave it 3 tries, it clumps like MAD. Yeah, no doubt the clumps help with the volumizing, but it coats my eyelash unevenly, and clumps after the second layer.

No doubt it is waterproof, but it flakes and irritates my eye after a few hours of wear.

Well, at least, its kudos to a green design..

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2011 9:17:00 PM More reviews by pe4chzncre4m

I do not like this mascara at all. I bought the waterproof formula in the blackest color they had, however, it smudges on me and leaves flakes after only a few hours of wear. I like to buy waterproof mascaras because they don't smudge/smear as easily as non-waterproof. Waterproof mascaras also usually hold a curl better. This mascara does none of those things. It makes my lashes wilt and gives me raccoon eyes. I really wanted to like this mascara but I ended up hating it. The formula is really dry yet makes my lashes clumpy and weighed down. Will not be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2011 1:03:00 PM More reviews by themarshmalo

I was surprised by this mascara. I only bought it because I needed a waterproof formula for a trip, and I picked this one up because there was a sale on Revlon products. I love the big brush (I have very long lashes) and I think it gives clean, natural volume without clumping. A keeper! I don't know if I will pick it up again, because I love trying new mascaras, but it may be the one I go to when I need a waterproof formula.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2011 11:42:00 AM More reviews by BCbabe

OK, I've tried this twice. I really wanted to like it. With that big brush, it looks like it was meant for va-va-va-volume! I have blonde lashes and I like impact when I apply mascara and this one fell short... both times! Is it just me or does the formula seem thick and dry? Trust me when I say, you *notice* the application much more when you have to cover blonde lashes. The brush is very promising but is there really anything on it? It was frustrating to have to dip several times into the tube to get anything to show up (let alone cover) light lashes, but I've found that for me, Revlon (and Almay for that matter) are notoriously dry formulas that require a lot of work. Or am I doomed to always flunk out with dried up tubes? I'm flabbergasted. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2011 11:21:00 AM More reviews by Princess817

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is obviously a hit or miss product. You either love it, or hate it. I generally DO NOT buy Revlon products--they ALWAYS disappoint me. But at work I stock this product like crazy every night, and it's ALWAYS flying off the shelves I figured since I was unhappy with my last mascara I would give it a shot.
First I can see how the brush would be hard to use on small eyelashes or small eyes. I have the opposite problem: long eyelashes (brown colored) and big eyes. So it worked for me. I bought it in the blackest black they have (do not remember the name). It added a LOT of drama, not a lot of clumping and for the FIRST time with a mascara, my ridiculously straight lashes CURLED without the help of a curler! The only difference between the curl with just the mascara and the curl with a curler is the lashes in the outer corners stood up for with the curler. THAT IS IT. I didn't get a lot of clumping, and is easy for me to layer. I actually have accidentally slept in this mascara a couple of times and I had no running, super minimal flaking (NON waterproof!). Not bad. Finally Revlon comes through for me! DO NOT expect this however to make your lashes grow. Just won't happen. :) Will buy again...and again...and again.