September 18, 2014 | 897 users online

Mascara - Revlon - Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2011 11:47:00 PM More reviews by jesenia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Before buying this mascara I use to use Cover-girl's Lash Blast (orange tube) religiously and I've decided to move-on. I was so skeptical of Revlon's Grow Luscious mascara because i read a handful of good/bad reviews on it. I guess this mascara varies on certain types of lashes/people. I found that after wearing this mascara over a week it has not caused any flaking what-so-ever, it keeps the curl of my eyelashes all day long, starting from 6am, these two things are what i look for in a mascara. Yes, the brush is outrageously huge but you get use to it. Its consistency isn't too watery or thick, its in between. My eyelashes are naturally semi-long/thick so I really didn't buy it for the "grow luscious". However, I have been getting a lot of compliments on my eyelashes this week than usual, so that means something, right? :) So if your willing to take the risk and buy this $8 product, then go for it! I have this in 001 Blackest Black btw.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2011 5:23:00 PM More reviews by Julysbaby

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this product after watching a you tube video. It was kinda hard to find at first, but I did at Target. I really like this mascara. The big brush was a surprise, but I've learned to work with it. It does seem to clump after the second application, but it makes my lashes look really long, so it's a keeper.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2011 9:36:00 PM More reviews by YTHANNAH

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this because I liked the idea of putting something "conditioning" on my lashes... probably healthier for them than regular old mascara, right? Found the brush a little bigger than what I was used to, but I adapted. The first real problem was its tendency to leave rather indelible greasy smears under my eyes when I removed it at night, and that was using a remover for waterproof eye makeup. I did like the mascara, however.... for the first two weeks. At that point, I found that it started drying out or thickening and wasn't performing well at all. By the time the tube was three weeks old, it was no longer usable.... I do like mascara to last a little longer than that!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2011 6:57:00 AM More reviews by lynowens

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like this product, considering that it contains products that "care" for your lashes, and at the same time lengthens and volumizes like a good mascara would.

However, after my third time applying this mascara - i gave it 3 tries, it clumps like MAD. Yeah, no doubt the clumps help with the volumizing, but it coats my eyelash unevenly, and clumps after the second layer.

No doubt it is waterproof, but it flakes and irritates my eye after a few hours of wear.

Well, at least, its kudos to a green design..

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2011 9:17:00 PM More reviews by pe4chzncre4m

I do not like this mascara at all. I bought the waterproof formula in the blackest color they had, however, it smudges on me and leaves flakes after only a few hours of wear. I like to buy waterproof mascaras because they don't smudge/smear as easily as non-waterproof. Waterproof mascaras also usually hold a curl better. This mascara does none of those things. It makes my lashes wilt and gives me raccoon eyes. I really wanted to like this mascara but I ended up hating it. The formula is really dry yet makes my lashes clumpy and weighed down. Will not be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2011 1:03:00 PM More reviews by themarshmalo

I was surprised by this mascara. I only bought it because I needed a waterproof formula for a trip, and I picked this one up because there was a sale on Revlon products. I love the big brush (I have very long lashes) and I think it gives clean, natural volume without clumping. A keeper! I don't know if I will pick it up again, because I love trying new mascaras, but it may be the one I go to when I need a waterproof formula.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2011 11:42:00 AM More reviews by BCbabe

OK, I've tried this twice. I really wanted to like it. With that big brush, it looks like it was meant for va-va-va-volume! I have blonde lashes and I like impact when I apply mascara and this one fell short... both times! Is it just me or does the formula seem thick and dry? Trust me when I say, you *notice* the application much more when you have to cover blonde lashes. The brush is very promising but is there really anything on it? It was frustrating to have to dip several times into the tube to get anything to show up (let alone cover) light lashes, but I've found that for me, Revlon (and Almay for that matter) are notoriously dry formulas that require a lot of work. Or am I doomed to always flunk out with dried up tubes? I'm flabbergasted. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2011 11:21:00 AM More reviews by Princess817

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is obviously a hit or miss product. You either love it, or hate it. I generally DO NOT buy Revlon products--they ALWAYS disappoint me. But at work I stock this product like crazy every night, and it's ALWAYS flying off the shelves I figured since I was unhappy with my last mascara I would give it a shot.
First I can see how the brush would be hard to use on small eyelashes or small eyes. I have the opposite problem: long eyelashes (brown colored) and big eyes. So it worked for me. I bought it in the blackest black they have (do not remember the name). It added a LOT of drama, not a lot of clumping and for the FIRST time with a mascara, my ridiculously straight lashes CURLED without the help of a curler! The only difference between the curl with just the mascara and the curl with a curler is the lashes in the outer corners stood up for with the curler. THAT IS IT. I didn't get a lot of clumping, and is easy for me to layer. I actually have accidentally slept in this mascara a couple of times and I had no running, super minimal flaking (NON waterproof!). Not bad. Finally Revlon comes through for me! DO NOT expect this however to make your lashes grow. Just won't happen. :) Will buy again...and again...and again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2011 11:26:00 AM More reviews by JohnnyDepplover001

I was very excited when I first purchased this product. When the time finally came to use it I was shocked at how big the wand is, I have small eyelashes (hense the reason for buying this product) so I didn't think it would mix. The formula is nice and nonclumpy but after wearing for a couple of hours it flakes. I dont know about anyone else but I have never experienced a more flaky mascara. Overall quite disappointed:(

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2011 10:59:00 AM More reviews by SugarCelebi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

So far, this is probably my HG mascara. I haven't had a ton of luck with mascara but I love this! I don't know if it actually helps your lashes grow but it really does make them look longer and fuller, with no clumps. Then again, I only put one coat of mascara on, I hate when mascara looks unnatural. For my purposes though, this stuff works great!
So why the 4-lippy rating? It does, unfortunately, smudge a bit on me. And it is hard to take off, even though I have the non-waterproof formula. But no matter.