Revlon Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara

3.2

Water, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Stearic Acid, Cera Alba (Beeswax) (Beeswax), Isododecane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Hydrogenated Polycyclopentadiene, Trisiloxane, C30 45 Alkyl Dimethicone, Cera Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera Wax), Cera Carnauba Cire (Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax), Triethanolamine, Bis Vinyl Dimethicone Copolymer, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Olive Oil Stearyl Esters, Isosteareth 200 Linoleate, Acacia Gum (Acacia Senegal) (Acacia Senegal), Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein/PVP Crosspolymer, Phytantriol, Nylon 6, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Panthenol, Methoxy Amodimethicone/Silsequioxane Copolymer, Silica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Simethicone, Butylene Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1 2 Hexanediol, May Contain ( /-): (CI 77897), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77897), Black 2 (CI 77266) (CI 77266), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007)

on 2/14/2011 2:29:00 PM

LOVE this Mascara so much that I'm writing my very first review for MakeupAlley on it!! Let me say that I have used L'oreal Voluminous religiously for about 10 years except for the few times that I have tried something else and been unhappy with the results.
I bought the Grow Luscious in blackest black only because it came with a free black shimmer eye shadow that I wanted to try. Let me say that I am so happy I gave it a go!
It Glides on smooth and layers even smoother, with no flaking or caking. I can build my lashes up or just go with one coat to keep it simple. It lasts ALL day and a couple times I went to bed without removing (big no no I know!) and to my surprise when I woke up my lashes actually looked great LOL I give this mascara a near perfect score!

on 2/13/2011 9:50:00 PM

Quickly becoming my new favorite cheap mascara, pushing The Collosal out of my #1 spot. I absoluley love what fat brushes do for my ultra long lashes, and the blackest black is soooooo super black. This mascara gives me a doe-eyed look that i just cant achieve with other products. I think I'm in love! <3

on 2/13/2011 2:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'm a little confused why some people are under the impression that this mascara is supposed to speed up the growing process of your lashes. It makes no such claim. It says 96% saw instantly lusher lashes. That means the mascara "grows" your lashes, so to speak. It's not like Latisse or those growth inducing mascaras. People are taking "Grow Luscious" too literally.

Well anyway, I like it, but I don't love it. I think a little too much product comes out on the brush and I have to wipe it off before applying or it's clumpy spider leg city. So I'm wasting some of it. I doubt I will buy it again. My lashes are fairly long and medium dark. I also have somewhat big eyes. So the brush size is fine for me. I can see how it could pose as a problem for smaller eyes and/or short lashes. But different types of mascaras are on the market to suit the needs of different people.

On a side note, I think people should take into account that everyone has different needs when reviewing a product. Don't bring down the rating of a product just because you bought something that was intended for someone with different lashes, skin, hair, etc.
Example: "I found the conditioner to be too moisturizing and weighed my hair down" -- maybe because it is intended for someone that needs that weight and moisture level. Just a thought.

on 2/12/2011 9:29:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is one of my favorite mascaras to date! It gives me that fluttery, wide-eyed look that I always look for in a mascara. It has a nice, dark black pigmentation (I have Blackest Black), another quality that I look for. It doesn't flake, run, or smudge. The only drawback it has for me is that ginormous brush. Why is that big? To prove that it is volumizing? I don't get it...it's just unwieldy. Also, I can't speak to it's magical lengthening cabilities...frankly I doubt it will make my lashes grow and I haven't noticed any growth in the last 2 weeks of use. But I overlook that because it's a damn good product. And though I can't give it a perfect 5 out of 5, it is about as close to perfect as I am going to get in a mascara. Though, knowing myself, I will be trying other mascaras in the future. I just can't help myself!

EDIT 3/17/11: A month later, the MA at Laura Mercier commented on how full my lashes look. Never happened to me before!

on 2/11/2011 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Before buying this mascara I use to use Cover-girl's Lash Blast (orange tube) religiously and I've decided to move-on. I was so skeptical of Revlon's Grow Luscious mascara because i read a handful of good/bad reviews on it. I guess this mascara varies on certain types of lashes/people. I found that after wearing this mascara over a week it has not caused any flaking what-so-ever, it keeps the curl of my eyelashes all day long, starting from 6am, these two things are what i look for in a mascara. Yes, the brush is outrageously huge but you get use to it. Its consistency isn't too watery or thick, its in between. My eyelashes are naturally semi-long/thick so I really didn't buy it for the "grow luscious". However, I have been getting a lot of compliments on my eyelashes this week than usual, so that means something, right? :) So if your willing to take the risk and buy this $8 product, then go for it! I have this in 001 Blackest Black btw.

on 2/8/2011 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I tried this product after watching a you tube video. It was kinda hard to find at first, but I did at Target. I really like this mascara. The big brush was a surprise, but I've learned to work with it. It does seem to clump after the second application, but it makes my lashes look really long, so it's a keeper.

on 2/7/2011 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this because I liked the idea of putting something "conditioning" on my lashes... probably healthier for them than regular old mascara, right? Found the brush a little bigger than what I was used to, but I adapted. The first real problem was its tendency to leave rather indelible greasy smears under my eyes when I removed it at night, and that was using a remover for waterproof eye makeup. I did like the mascara, however.... for the first two weeks. At that point, I found that it started drying out or thickening and wasn't performing well at all. By the time the tube was three weeks old, it was no longer usable.... I do like mascara to last a little longer than that!

on 2/7/2011 6:57:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I wanted to like this product, considering that it contains products that "care" for your lashes, and at the same time lengthens and volumizes like a good mascara would.

However, after my third time applying this mascara - i gave it 3 tries, it clumps like MAD. Yeah, no doubt the clumps help with the volumizing, but it coats my eyelash unevenly, and clumps after the second layer.

No doubt it is waterproof, but it flakes and irritates my eye after a few hours of wear.

Well, at least, its kudos to a green design..

I do not like this mascara at all. I bought the waterproof formula in the blackest color they had, however, it smudges on me and leaves flakes after only a few hours of wear. I like to buy waterproof mascaras because they don't smudge/smear as easily as non-waterproof. Waterproof mascaras also usually hold a curl better. This mascara does none of those things. It makes my lashes wilt and gives me raccoon eyes. I really wanted to like this mascara but I ended up hating it. The formula is really dry yet makes my lashes clumpy and weighed down. Will not be repurchasing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I was surprised by this mascara. I only bought it because I needed a waterproof formula for a trip, and I picked this one up because there was a sale on Revlon products. I love the big brush (I have very long lashes) and I think it gives clean, natural volume without clumping. A keeper! I don't know if I will pick it up again, because I love trying new mascaras, but it may be the one I go to when I need a waterproof formula.