Pur Minerals Pressed Powder Foundation

3.9

ORIGINAL FORMULATION: Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 8%; Inactive Ingredients:Mica, Boron Nitride, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Magnesium Carbonate, Silica, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii), Tocopheryl Acetate, Iron Oxides. May contain: Ultramarines NEW FORMULATION: Ingredients Mica, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Boron Nitride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Sodium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Mannitol, Sodium Gluconate, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Waltheria Indica Leaf Extract, Dextrin, Ferulic Acid, L-Lactic Acid, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Silica, Thioctic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Retinol, L-Ascorbic Acid, Ceramide 6 II, Magnolia Officinalis Bark Extract, Vitis Vinifera/Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Maltodextrin, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Skin, Glycerin, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5, L-Glutathione, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Hydrated Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aqua, Glucosamine HCI, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris Leaf/Stem Extract, Magnesium Carbonate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarine (CI 77007)

This is a great medium to heavy coverage foundation for acne-prone skin! I purchased a Pur Minerals starter kit before Christmas time for a steal~about $10. This included the full-sized foundation, Chisel Brush, Mascara, and some makeup removing wipes. Not bad, eh? Well, I never got around to even opening the box until earlier this week. Yes, I know. Let me begin by saying that I am a devout mineral foundation user. I look for a foundation that gives me medium coverage in a natural finish. My skin is combination/acne-prone and occasionally dry in all the stubborn places~around the nose, mouth, and sometimes cheek area. I had been using L'Oreal Bare Naturale foundation daily, and to a pleasant reception. I just like to keep my options open in regards to foundation choices.

Now, back to Pur Minerals foundation. I'm glad I opted for the 'Light' kit which definitley was the right choice for me. I've gotten to the point where I can just look at a foundation and see if it is gonna work for me. The 'Light' shade has the yellow/beige undertones which is what I need, rather than the rosy/pink undertones. After a few trial and error test runs with Pur Minerals Pressed Foundation, I have found a perfect way to achieve a natural and ideal finish on my delicate skin. First, I wash with my daily cleanser, apply my toner, and proceed to moisturize with my daily spf lotion. After 5 minutes or so, I use a couple spritzes of MAC Fix+, to give my skin an extra boost of moisture. This step also helps allow the mineral foundation a smooth, hydrated canvas to begin. Yes, the chisel brush is great! I swirl the chisel brush into the foundation, tap off the excess into the lid, and apply in short circular motions on my skin. Boy, this covers acne, redness, and uneven skintones in an instant! Sure, a touch of concealer is needed afterwards sometimes on those stubborn zits that defy all logic and sanity. After applying the foundation all-over, I spritz my MAC Fix+ a couple of times. This sets everything together, and helps give that 'dewy' finish. I haven't had any irritation or breakouts. You know how sometimes mineral foundations tend to make skin itch? Not this! I am completely excited about the possibilities with this foundation. I know it's only been a few days, but I feel an extra boost of confidence regarding my skin. I am happy as a clam.

This is my first try at mineral foundation and I love it. I bought it at Ulta after having my hair styled. I purchased the starter set with the bronzer and blush. I was concerned that using the foundation without my usual lotion of spf 30 would leave my combination skin dry but after two trys I became used to the feel. I love the look and have had more compliments on the color, skintone and overall look of my face since using this product. I switched from my liquid 50 dollar foundation. The brush provided is a little hard and I did have to learn to use a little lighter touch or else I ended up with too much on my face. If I use the bronzer over the foundation I look a little too tan for my taste. I have a little bit of a olive/golden skin color naturally. I will say for those who are looking to conceal serious blemish marks this might not work. I use a small brush and dab some powder over the one or two dots I have an this works. When I have some undereye circles I may use a sponge or a light green cream concealer and then put the pur foundation over it. I also use the bronzer alone over my spf 30 sometimes. The blush is a little light except for days when I want that really just flushed look and I will put it on my lips with clear gloss.

Does anyone have a suggestion of what/how to use a seperate concealer with this product? a flawless airbrushed look is great, but I need some super spot coverage. do you use the mac cream concealer underneath? will the brush brush it away after if you do it beforehand?
I'm using Retin-A to help clear away some of my scars, as well as a lotion to help the flakes stay soft enough to easily come off.... anyone else using retin-a with this? What order do you do each step in?

I had been a mac full coverage addict for about 4 years until I found this website and read the reviews of everyone experiencing breakouts with MAC foundations. I have acne so I figured I should try something else that isn't going to make the issue worse and hopefully would help clear my skin a bit. I purchased this from Shoppers Drug mart in the starter kit (Love the blush, bronzer is too dark for me) and I must say I got much better results than I was expecting! Anyone who has tried the full coverage foundation from mac knows that it is heavy and could cover anything (which is what I wanted) and while this doesn't have the coverage of that..I can get it really close using a separate concealer. It has a buildable coverage but I don't feel it could be used as a concealer for anyone who experiences breakouts. I love it and it is now my foundation of choice, it's so much healthier for the skin, it wears well and feels so much lighter..I'm thrilled! As for the brush I got with it..I was not as pleased with it until I read the review about washing it and the bristles stopped coming out. If you still do not like the brush after this then I would suggest another brush similar as you need the short, rather coarse bristles to get full potential and the best coverage from the product. (If you use a brush with longer bristles the product will settle in them and go to waste)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I looove this product! it gives me a flawless look. but doesn't conceal that well, I don't really like the brush its really hard & kinda hurts when i put it on my face. but the shade is perfect!<3

This is my favourite pressed powder. I also find it gives an air brushed look, reduces shine, and is long lasting. I got it in a set with blush, bronzer and a brush for a good price too. (I am happy with all the products)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I really like this powder I wouldn't call it my favourite foundation, but it's definitely up there, and probably my top powder formulation. I have quite dry skin, and this works well for it without turning my forehead into a flake factory, highlighting dryness like most other powders seem to.

It doesn't have the best coverage, but it covers well enough to camouflage most of my redness, and looks really natural when buffed into the skin. I like to use a big flat top brush meant for bronzing. I find the provided sponge quite useless, giving a far too cakey powdered look.

It doesn't quite live up to it's claims to be 4-in-1, since I find I need to use a concealer with it for blemishes and my under-eye area, but 3 out of 4 ain't bad.

The colour selection is okay, too. I was lucky enough to find an almost perfect match in Light.

EDIT: Been using this as as a powder to set liquid foundation lately and I'm loving it. It provides a little additional coverage and seems to keep oil at bay and not highlight my dry areas. I'm impressed. continued >>

i have the medium blush color, as my skin has lots of pink/red in it. i was using BE for years, happened to see this on one of those shopping channels on tv, thought what the heck, if i dont like , i can return. I will not be returning!! color match was perfect, althought i think in summertime will def have to use bronzer to warm it up. EXcellent coverage, and as i said, i do have rosy red cheeks. i used the sponge applicator where i thought i needed more coverage then took my ecotools kabuki brush and just covered the rest of my face. my face looks airbrushed! better coverage than BE for about the same price. the chisel brush that came with my foundation is crap, shedding and not very soft on the skin. but i checked on the price of foundation alone, and the brush was just a bonus, so i will probably give it away and stick with my kabuki brush. Pur minerals has not made my face itch the way BE sometimes did.

Very nice product. At first, I hated the brush because little hairs came off on my face, but after washing it no more of that. The finish is almost airbrushed like. It doesn't set in lines and it feels good on my face. It gives the coverage of a liquid but with easy application. I can't stand liquids anymore these days. Great product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I recently purchased this product from Ulta because, even though I love my Sheer Cover, I wanted to try out other mineral foundations out there in the market. Overall, it's a pretty good product. I like that when I'm rushing I can do my makeup in seconds by using my Coastal Scents pink kabuki brush (I heard horrible reviews about the Pur Minerals brush) and buffing the foundation on my face. It evens out skin tone, but if you really want full coverage without the cakey feel, I suggest using a separate concealer.

I'm quite mixed up about this product. On one hand, it's a lot cheaper than Sheer Cover and offers twice as much product. Plus, being a pressed powder, I can bring it around with me. It really does have beautiful coverage, and I really like that finish isn't a flat, matte face. On the other hand, it feels heavier on my skin, and I'll admit that sometimes I feel like I'm wearing a cakey mask. I know that a lot of people say it feels like nothing, but when I put this on, I know I put something on because I feel it on me for the rest of the day. I have this on Tan which is a teeny bit darker than my skin tone, but summer is coming and I'm bound to get tanner. The shade is very forgiving though. I'm not sure how much I like the finish. I'm going to say it's ok - sometimes it reminds me very much of just a regular face powder. Other times, it gives a slight sheen that reminds me a little bit of how my face looks like when I get a tad greasy midday. If you put on too much, it can look cakey.

I recently discovered my favorite way to wear this is by putting on concealer first, buffing the Pur minerals and finishing it with a little bit of Sheer Cover (which is lighter makes for a great finishing powder over other foundation for more coverage and glow).

It's a good product: I'm just not sure that I love it yet. But for the price and the amount product that you get, it's a good deal. I suggest you head to an Ulta and try it out there first and see how much you like it.

update:
As soon as I got used to the 'heavier' feeling of the Pur Minerals (compared to the Sheer Cover which you really hardly feel) I must admit that I love this foundation. It's fast, it's easy, it certainly does its job. It makes your skin glow and it's a 3 in 1 product so you can use it as a finishing powder as well with a light hand and a powder brush. However, even though it has twice as much product as the Sheer Cover, I've already hit pan and I bought this product around March or April (I can't remember). The Sheer Cover lasted me a year, maybe more before I had to buy new foundation. I don't know why, since it has more product than the Sheer Cover it doesn't last as long (I'm thinking it's because it's pressed, the brush ends up picking more product than if you sift the loose powder out into the lid, though I used I lot of SC because it was so sheer).

Still, I love my Pur Minerals and will probably alternate between SC and this.