January 27, 2015 | 1267 users online

Eye Primer - E.L.F. - Essential Eyelid Primer - Sheer

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2012 9:56:00 PM More reviews by avazq8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After spending nearly twenty dollars on TFSI, I decided to give this lid primer a try and was pleasantly surprised. For a dollar it does pretty much the same job, and my eye makeup (from MAC to Cover Girl) does not budge, even in extreme heat and humidity. The one thing I don't like about these tubes with wand applicators is that you can't get all the product out, but it's not such a big deal when the cost is so cheap. (In fact, that was the determining factor when I decided to go with TFSI instead of UDPP.) I've already repurchased this a couple of times and have even recommended it to friends.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2012 3:47:00 PM More reviews by Beare1998

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like it but I think I want to try NYX next. Although it's 8 dollars, I've heard its a perfect dupe for Urban Decay but much cheaper. It makes my color pop and it lasts longer although most of my products are low end, if I use a high end product it lasts for a LONG time.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2012 10:12:00 AM More reviews by mikaavila94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The staying power was uh-may-zing. And this is from someone who comes from a hot climate. People who see my eyeshadow at the end of the day are amazed that it's still the same way it looked in the morning. Although it doesn't add vibrancy to my eyeshadow or seem to have that silicone feel if you're into that. So it's a very practical primer but I love it. Worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2012 2:28:00 AM More reviews by StarAstralis

Well, you definitely get what you paid for. At $1, it's really not a bad product, but I notice that my eyeshadows fade and crease by the end of the day. It also doesn't make the eyeshadows "pop" as other primers do. I think the mineral eye primer is a tad bit better.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2012 1:02:00 AM More reviews by graceyk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this at Target because it was only $1, and I needed something to give eyeshadow staying power. I've never used primer before so I don't have anything to compare it to. It works for high end eyeshadow brands, but it didn't work for low end stuff. The other day I used it with E.L.F. eyeshadow, and within a couple of hours my eyeshadow disappeared. I used it tonight with Lancome, and after 10 hours of Georgia heat and humidity and dancing, my eyeshadow was still in place and vibrant! You can't go wrong with it for a dollar.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2012 12:38:00 AM More reviews by BeautifulConverse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

After having a bad experience with the Eye & Liner Sealed, I decided to give this a go. This is an okay product. I purchased this for $1 (like everyone else) and applied this to my eyelids to my browbone. It creased a tad 5 hours later so meh. It's so cheap, the package quality is nice, a dope applicator. I also don't have oily lids (a very light sheen on my lids but that's it). I'll try the Mineral Eye Primer next.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/31/2012 5:11:00 PM More reviews by lilyyy69

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have super oily lids didn't work for me. Good thing is thats its only $1.!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2012 7:17:00 PM More reviews by kikidoll27

The Elf Eyelid Primer is a great primer! I can't really compare it to anything, as this is my first- and only- eye primer. I normally do bold lips and subtle eyes, but decided to pick up some eyeshadows, and, in turn, I needed a primer. I bought this one since I didn't want to spend big bucks on something people won't even see, and I really like it. I have oily lids, and this helps my shadows to not crease/smudge through out the day. It also controlls shine on my lids, which I love. For a dollar, if it doesn't work for you, it's not a huge loss, so I would reccomend trying this out. Also, I did a split test to see if this was really as great as I thought it was...I used this on one eye, then put my shadows on, and left it off on the other eye. By the end of the day, the one with the primer looked the same as when I put it on, while the one without this smudged slightly and creased. I really love this primer.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2012 1:53:00 AM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I recently purchased this for $1 at my local Target store as I noticed I was running low on my beloved UDPP & have been on the hunt for more inexpensive options.
After reading some hopeful reviews here I had semi- high hopes but for me personally, this product is a dud :(
For someone with "Normal" to "dry" eye lids it may seem like a decent eye primer, & it does make a nice base. But upon my 1st application, I noticed it dried nicely, and it helped make my e/s pop, then after 1-2 hrs it was like I hadn't even applied any primer at all & I had an oily, creasy mess going on :-/
Not sure yet if I'm going to give it a go as a lip primer or pass it along to my mother (she has dry skin so it may work for her, she's also not very picky about her m/u ;D) But even though this is only $1, it's still something I'll never repurchase & I'm wishing I had that $1 back Lol
Overall I would not recommend this original eye primer to anyone with extremely oily lids (like myself) but I do look forward to trying the "Mineral Eyeshadow Primer" from ELF's line as I've read it's a bit better than this version..

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2012 7:35:00 AM More reviews by asianl0vex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my every day primer. I use this every day, usually just under eyeliner. I have extremely oily lids and this extra step is necessary to help even waterproof eyeliners stay better on my lids. For eyeshadow, it is good as well. For the price, you really cannot complain. If you want more vibrant eyeshadow, definitely go with UDPP. But this ELF primer does ~8/10 of the same job for 1/20 of the price. Definitely a staple in my everyday makeup.