April 16, 2014 | 2004 users online

Eye Primer - E.L.F. - Essential Eyelid Primer - Sheer

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2012 4:30:00 PM More reviews by KristaJB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this product and use it every day. I've used the UDPP and this works just as well, and for just $1 how can you go wrong?

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2012 1:58:00 AM More reviews by Cailee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Yuck. Not good. AT ALL. My eyeshadow had completely creased and faded unevenly after only 6 hours of wear. I've tried numerous times to make this work for me like it does for others: applying less, applying more, but no dice. The Mineral primer actually works 10x better for me (I know people say that the $1 and $3 primers are the exact same product, but they're totally not.) Oh, and may I add that I have drier skin on my eyelids, and this stuff just felt like I was rubbing oil on my eyes. Not the best consistency; it's practically liquid. The Mineral, if I remember correctly, was a little bit thicker in consistency. I will be sticking with that and my TFSI from now on.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by Bossjade

I thought because it was only 1$ it was going to be cheap. All E.L.F cosmetics range from 1-6$ at most and it made me questionable. I purchased this just to see how it was and believe it or not i LOVED it!!! The consistency was smooth and it held my eyeshadow alllllll dayyyy ! Deff a good purchase if your not looking to spend a lot of money.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2012 6:23:00 AM More reviews by rorygils

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a very oily lid and this thing works for me! I didn't get any creasing when I put it under my eyeshadows.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2012 2:50:00 AM More reviews by ariellezbellz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Sometimes this product works for me, sometimes it doesn't. It depends on how oily my lids are that day. If you do not have oily lids at all, get this! You won't regret it and your shadow will last all day and for $1, what's to lose?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2012 3:16:00 PM More reviews by lesliexyang

WIN WIN!!

i already tried the studio line one which sorta just reminded me of a concealer and it was harder to smooth on but this one..oh man it's great!

i gave it the test try on the arm and used my Milani Paint palette to the test.

i applied the primer on my arm and let it sit for a few seconds. my first thoughts were that it felt oily and slippery, but i continued to move on and apply the shadows on there. at first when i applied the shadows they looked weird, like darker than they show up normally. but after a minute all the colors dried and were soo vibrant, much more vibrant than in the pan also. i smudged them around a little also and they arent budging much! i still can't believe how vibrant the colors look right now because i know i can't get them to show up like this on their own.

LOVE THIS STEAL!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2012 9:47:00 PM More reviews by Musicalpencil

I had heard about this primer through several reviews comparing it to higher end brands like Urban Decay's that said it worked equally as well for a mere $1, so decided to try it out. Sad to say that it didn't work for me. It made my eyelids feel oilier and it felt like it made my makeup more prone to running and smudging, because I was constantly having to retouch.
Happy to say I tried it, but I guess I'll have to go the "pricy" route of paying more than a $1 to find a primer I know will work for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by Xaephan

For the price, this product is absolutely amazing! It makes my shadows so much more vibrant, and my eye make up can go all day without creasing or smudging (it does fade a bit though), which is awesome for my oily, hooded lids. I haven't used the fabled UDPP, but I think that this gives a good enough effect for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2012 12:38:00 AM More reviews by shylerlover

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love love love this product!! i used to wear eyeshadow without a primer, and it would never last. then i decided that i didn't need a primer, and that all i had to do was use my concealer on my eyelids. that was expensive! so i saw this is target, and i had a dollar in my pocket, and i thought, why not! i bought it and can't imagine living without it! I totally recommend it! :D

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2012 9:44:00 PM More reviews by bananachan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I have this primer in three colors: sheer, pearl, and golden. The pearl was the first one I bought, and I was extremely disappointed. All of the product was dried up inside the tube. I decided to give e.l.f. the benefit of the doubt and I purchased another. To be honest, I cannot see a whole lot of difference between this and UDPP.

So far, the sheer and golden colors have worked out great for me. I use them with my Naked Palette and I can't even tell the difference. For as little money as I spent on these, I will definitely be buying again.