August 22, 2014 | 1754 users online

Eye Primer - E.L.F. - Essential Eyelid Primer - Sheer

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2012 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Sagehen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very happy with this product. I was reluctant to try ELF products because I had not heard good things about their makeup, but was pleasantly surprised. This primer is amazing for the price. It has helped increase the wear of my shadows significantly. I was having a problem with creasing and fading (my lids are getting oilier with age), and this has nipped it in the bud. Works with my MAC, NYX, Ben Nye and other shadows. Same good performance.

For the darker-skinned women who complain about the sheer looking chalky, buy the champagne color which is much closer to our skin tone or the golden one, which has a bit of shimmer to it and is warmer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2012 3:17:00 PM More reviews by smtiquia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is definitely one of the best bargains out there.
Works well and is dirt cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 8:37:00 PM More reviews by linerfreakxx7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Fantastic! This is just like the Urban Decay Primer Potion, but at 1/20th the cost! It's only a dollar, so please give it a try! My eyeshadows last all day and apply smoother (exact results of UD primer).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 6:55:00 PM More reviews by Karrrluh

I L O V E T H I S ! Been using it for almost a year now, great product really keeps my eyeshadow is place i have semi dry eyelids so this gives a little extra moisture and retains eyeshadow well, try it! You will not be disappointed! $1!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2012 11:42:00 PM More reviews by BeautyAngel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This primer is pretty good & reasonable price - even better than other products that has high prices to compare with. I would re-purchase it :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2012 10:21:00 PM More reviews by mikxoh

It's $1. That's it.

For those who complain of the smell - why are you sticking it up your nose ? :x

I do think urbandecay's primer potion is a tad better with staying power. However, this elf primer really gets the job done as well! It makes my eyeshadows pack a punch and last longer than if I weren't to use a primer. I have oily lids and this keeps my eyeshadow in check with no problems.

Did I mention it was a $1? :>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2012 9:19:00 PM More reviews by DMlover

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have never used any kind of eyeshadow primer before so I can't compare it to anything. I have heard great things of other primers but I don't need another primer because this does the job. I makes my eyeshadow last longer no creasing and it makes the colors look more vivid. I have repurchased this many times and at $1.00 I can purchase this as much as I like thats why I always have back ups

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2012 3:27:00 AM More reviews by aeriekah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is this only eyeshadow primer Ive ever used and thank god because it works wonders and I dont have to search and spend money trying out which primer works.

Ive seen on YT that it is comparable in performance to Urban Decay's $20 Primer Potion. I occasionally see the primer potion at Nordstrom Rack for 8$ and I have to fight the urge to purchase it because even though its cheaper than the retail price, E.L.F's is even cheaper!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2012 2:15:00 AM More reviews by jcka

i love this primer.iv only have used like 1 other one which was the loreal one and it SUCKED!! i have one eyelid a bit oily and the other one a bit dry and it works so good on both. and it works so good on cream eyeshadows too . i love it!!yes!!no more creasing(:

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2012 10:51:00 PM More reviews by tmill

I picked this up a couple of months ago just to give an eyelid primer a try. I had always used my regular foundation on my eyelids before applying eye makeup and was curious what difference a primer would make. I figured if it was awful, I would only be out a buck.

I was just checking out my eye makeup in the mirror a few minutes ago and after 11 hours, it's still perfect. No fading, no creasing, nothing. This primer is amazing!! Definitely HG for me.

----UPDATE 1/18/14:
Not HG. I have been trying out other primers over the last couple of years and by comparison, this one is disappointing.