E.L.F. Essential Eyelid Primer - Sheer

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Cyclopentasiloxane, Octyl Palmitate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Triacontanyl PVP, Propylene Carbonate, Titanium Dioxide, Barium Sulfate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019).

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love this primer.It works and blends well with my skin. I don't have any creasing. Plus it's so cheap for a great product. I have bought duplicates of this product just so I don't have that chance to run out. Not like they would but It's one of my favorite products out of my whole collection. If you are a beginner at makeup and want to know a great primer, this is an affordable, easily accessible, easy to use product.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This product is just perfect for me! I mean, you cannot beat the price. but also, I find the quality really good. it just makes my eyeshadow last all day and keeps their color vibrant and intense. I apply this in the morning and when I come back home at night my make up is still crease free. the color just helps making the lid all matte and neutral and helps bring out the tones of the eyeshadows I use on top. the packaging is good. I like primers in pots but they tend to dry out a lot quicker than this tube ones. I would only like the tube to be transparent to be able to see when the product is actually over. I will repurchase again and again, for sure. it just makes a great job for me and I don't see why I should buy more expensive products when I can have such good quality for this price.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

The people describing the eyelid primer as being oily or glittery or even both are NOT using the 1$ primer (that says simplyelf eyelid primer) in sheer. That primer may feel a little silicone like at 1st but after a few seconds it dries down to a matte like texture that rids the slick feeling of just normal unprimed eyelids have. I do know that it will make your eyeshadow more vibrant but I can't say if it does a better or as well job as some other eyelid primers BUT I can say that it does make your freaking eyeshadow STAY PUT! In my 15 yrs of makeup wearing I have only started wearing shadow primers in the last maybe 2 years and I'm seriously sad I didn't find out how much better your shadow will stay with this primer than alone or just a concealer under it. I was a bridesmaid a few days ago and did a teal smokey eye and couldn't believe when I got home 10 hours later it looked as if I had just did my eye makeup which is alot for smokey eye that several colors blended together. The lighter was still in the inner and the darker still on the outside, no creasing or smudging. It even helps my eyelinerto stay put. I know for a FACT without that primer my shadow would of been a hot mess way before it was even time to walk down the aisle. Anyone who has had a problem make sure you try the the 1$ one in sheer, and that u give it a chance to dry before you put your shadow on. If it's just that u want to make it last (which for me is the most important) I can't see how u would be disappointed. If it's brighter color thats something u will have to judge for yourself.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Thank God for ELF and its incredible products at low prices. Seriously, 1 dollar for this primer?! Can't beat that! I've found that it may not last quite as long as the urban decay one, but it's SO much cheaper and works well enough, let's just say that. Plus it's much easier to remove than the UD primer. I will absolutely repurchase this!

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

Mine looks the same as the one in the picture, but the colour is white, not nude. The name is the same though.
Two words: glitter central! Not even shimmer, just plain huge chunks of glitter in this primer. And it leaves a white cast on my eyes, which I don't like and find aging. Not very easy to blend either.
Chucked it right to the bin and never buying again.
I do recommend the mineral eyeshadow primer from ELF though! That one is nude and matte and works great.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I looove this use it daily and is comparable to higher end primers plus only a dollar

I have to say, this eyelid primer works amazing for the price, and it's only a $1! It evens out your eyelid tone, and is great for making your eye shadows last. :) I wouldn't say it makes the eye shadow "pop", but is great for what its worth! :) I would definitely check it out!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I wouldn't say this ranks on-level with UDPP, but for $1 it does well. I have oily lids, and I find I start to crease after 4-6 hours with this primer, as opposed to 1-2 with no primer and 8+ with UDPP. Since I don't find myself in makeup much longer than 6h often, the longevity is fine for me.

GREAT product. I've had people compare it to the Urban Decay primer, but at just a dollar *swoon*
I don't use it anymore, however, because ELF (I'll admit I do love me my elf) came out with their liquid eyeshadows, and I love those colours even more. Colour plus a primer, has me rarely reaching for my eyelid primer and powders anymore. Only when I'm trying to get a certain effect does my primer see the light of day these days.
I would also like to state: ELF has really good customer service. I got this, and the tube was empty. EMPTY. I was doing a YT haul vidoe, that even had me opening the package and finding nothing. After a quick call to ELF, they put a new one in the mail to replace it and I had it within the week. So two very big thumbs up on their awesome customer service.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product works great for me! It really helps my eyeshadow stay on and look more vibrant. I noticed that after applying it, it sets to a cream-to-powder finish, which makes the eyeshadow on top of it very easy to blend. As a monolid, I didn't have problems with this making my eyeshadow crease, but if you are double-lidded, you might wanna be careful. But overall, great product, and awesome quality!