September 22, 2014 | 1291 users online

Eye Primer - E.L.F. - Essential Eyelid Primer - Sheer

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2012 4:34:00 PM More reviews by Dayna0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this primer in champagne, it does work and stops your eyeshadow from creasing but it almost looks like you've already applied eyeshadow because it's so shimmery!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2012 2:23:00 PM More reviews by rossjen

Let me preface this by saying that I was always a bit suspicious of primers. I never thought they were necessary. I've always had incredibly oily lids, but only addressed the problem by putting on a quick brushing of powder or mineral foundation before applying my eyeshadow. I guess this summer was my breaking point, as my eyeshadow ended up creasing horribly by the end of the day, or disappearing altogether. So while browsing the aisles of Target, I took a chance on this. For $1, what did I have to lose? Well, the sponge-on applicator is very nice, the blending is really easy, it has smooth matte finish, and the difference in the finish of my eyeshadow is night and day. I'm a believer in eye primers now, and I'll be more than happy to purchase this fabulous drugstore gem again and again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2012 11:54:00 PM More reviews by MadchenRogue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have extremely oily lids. I use Urban decay PP. I wanted to try this primer for the hell of it (its just a buck). Regardless of the eyeshadow brand (coastal scents, revlon, almay...you get the picture) it creases on me like crazy. If you are a novice at make-up, I still would not recommend this product. You are better off saving your dollars and purchase Loreal Decrease (haven't used it, but my roommate loves it and according to her it doesn't crease on her).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2012 7:35:00 PM More reviews by KarlaMillan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I absolutely love this primer, I have used many eyelid primers before and none of them work better than this one.. I does a better job than the Smashbox primers for a way cheaper price.. I got this at target $1!!!!
I will be buy this again for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2012 1:29:00 AM More reviews by Holamandy

I like this product, it helps to prevent my eyeliner and shadows from creasing. It doesnt work well on it's own, i find it easier to apply after a layer of E.L.F HD setting powder.

I Honest find the mineral eyeshadow primer even better!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2012 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Sagehen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very happy with this product. I was reluctant to try ELF products because I had not heard good things about their makeup, but was pleasantly surprised. This primer is amazing for the price. It has helped increase the wear of my shadows significantly. I was having a problem with creasing and fading (my lids are getting oilier with age), and this has nipped it in the bud. Works with my MAC, NYX, Ben Nye and other shadows. Same good performance.

For the darker-skinned women who complain about the sheer looking chalky, buy the champagne color which is much closer to our skin tone or the golden one, which has a bit of shimmer to it and is warmer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2012 3:17:00 PM More reviews by smtiquia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is definitely one of the best bargains out there.
Works well and is dirt cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 8:37:00 PM More reviews by linerfreakxx7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Fantastic! This is just like the Urban Decay Primer Potion, but at 1/20th the cost! It's only a dollar, so please give it a try! My eyeshadows last all day and apply smoother (exact results of UD primer).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 6:55:00 PM More reviews by Karrrluh

I L O V E T H I S ! Been using it for almost a year now, great product really keeps my eyeshadow is place i have semi dry eyelids so this gives a little extra moisture and retains eyeshadow well, try it! You will not be disappointed! $1!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2012 11:42:00 PM More reviews by BeautyAngel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This primer is pretty good & reasonable price - even better than other products that has high prices to compare with. I would re-purchase it :)