December 18, 2014 | 1809 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2010 1:13:00 AM More reviews by rosewells95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It feels like play-doh on my face. And it rubs off, and DOESN'T stay on for 24 hours. I was disappointed with this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2010 12:36:00 AM More reviews by ladehc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am pleasantly surprised by this foundation!

I ordered a sample of this through the Maybelline website when it was first launched in Australia to try it out. They took months to send it out so I forgot all about it.

I finally got the sample a couple of days ago (wrong shade but I tried it anyway) expecting horrible things. But it was amazing! It blends in so incredibly easy and look so natural, while still providing great coverage (I'd say medium to full). It minimises the appearance of my pores and doesn't look caked on - it's actually quite dewy. Moreso than both Revlon Colorstay and Photoready, which were the two foundations I have last been using. I'd compare it to Nars Sheer Glow in terms of how it sets on your skin.

UPDATE:
Having now worn the foundation for a full working day (7 am to removal at around 9 pm - so about 14 hours) I can say that while it didn't look completely perfect, there was definitely make up remaining (even blush! Which never happens for me) and all it probably needed was a little touch up powder. This was with no maintanence during the day at all. So I am fairly impressed with its lasting power.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2010 5:34:00 AM More reviews by LCMakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have to say, I love this foundation. I was nervous to try foundation with really long staying power, as people who I saw wearing them before looked REALLY cakey, I could honestly not see their natural skin colour, however this is the complete opposite. It has a beautiful coverage, its not too cakey but not too sheer. I wouldn't say that it feels like I'm wearing no make up at all, but its not too heavy. I am a perfect colour match to classic ivory however, I can see that the colour range isnt that extensive. This really does last all day by itself, however I like to set it with powder for my oily skin and a little bit more coverage. It's also really affordable. Being a teenager, I am also concerned with how my skin will re-act to makeup, and this doesn't make me break out at all. There is only one problem with this foundation, and that is, like many others, it doesnt have a pump! When will companies learn that its what we want! Other then that, I adore this foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2010 3:13:00 PM More reviews by shadoweloc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

It does a great job with staying power, even in super humidity and it makes my skin tone look so even. The problem? It's too pink and too hard to match. I mean, I even have cool-toned skin and it's too orange-y. It gives me that telltale mask between face and neck. No breakouts from the makeup. Also not a fan of the packaging (no pump).

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2010 6:35:00 PM More reviews by MIZZJAYNE

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i really loved this foundation <3
it gave great full coverage ! theres a wide selection of colours so youre sure to find yours ! the price is also great , very affordable :)
best drug store foundation i have so far tried ;D

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2010 8:35:00 PM More reviews by ColdFire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best drugstore foundations I've used, I really like it. The coverage is excellent, and it blends very well. I have some acne scars, I cover them with concealer anyway and this foundation smooths everything out nicely. The texture is great, not too heavy or too runny. I apply it with a sponge and stipple it into my cheeks (where most of the scars are) and brush it on everywhere else.
I don't know about the 24-hour no transfer promise, but it does mostly stay put by the end of the day. I have to use a matiffying powder throughout the day to keep away shine but it doesn't affect the foundation application.
Like many other reviewers, I agree that the packaging is terrible. A lot spills out when you tip over the bottle and it would be much more convenient to have a pump. I knocked off a lippie for that failure, but otherwise I love this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2010 11:53:00 AM More reviews by foxysoxy804

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I found this foundation to be better than Revlon Colorstay. Better coverage by far.

-This product is very long lasting
-Natural looking
-Can be applied wet or dry (I had to apply Colorstay w/BeautyBlender or else the product made me look dead)
-It does not dry you out but controls oil well
-There are quite a few colors to choose from. However, I found them to be *slightly* orangey looking, but there was no further oxidation on my face.
-Packaging SUCKS because there's no pump (!!!)
-Huge amount of product for your buck, but obviously you can be accidentally wasteful due to no pump.
-Affordable for a good foundation.

I no longer use this product because liquid foundations are just too high maintenance for me, and I usually feel like I'm wearing a mask. But I would recommend this product over Colorstay for those who need coverage of acne/post acne marks.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2010 9:09:00 PM More reviews by falconcutie364

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have oily but sensitive skin. I also have skin that breaks out every once in awhile. I have to say that I have tried very expensive brands, anything from channel to fresh, and this is my h/g foundation. I live in a very humid state in the summer and a very dry cold place in the winter. I am up at 7am most days and don't really get a chance to take my makeup off until late in the day. This foundation will stay on fresh all day. At the end of the day sometimes it's the only piece of makeup left. I will definitly reccomend it to those who want a medium to full coverage and to those who want their foundation to last all day. The only complaint that I have about this is the bottle. I am disapointed that this does not come in a pump bottle here in the states. I will still keep buying it as the coverage, finish, and staying power are exactly what I am looking for.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2010 2:11:00 PM More reviews by Silverchair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this foundation. I have only had it for about 4 months and its almost finished. It really makes your skin look hydrated and smooth. The only other foundation that gives me this finish is Nars Sheer Glow. I wear Honey Beige and I am NC 42. This foundation provides better coverage than Colorstay and it blends better. The longest I have probably worn this is 16 hrs. I thought it still looked decent but after 16 hr of wearing makeup I don't care how my makeup looks. I can't think of any cons besides wishing this had a pump as the bottle can get a little dirty. I just love how hydrated and healthy my skin looks after putting it on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2010 2:18:00 AM More reviews by Shamisen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this stuff. Normally foundation breaks me out so I only reserve it for special occasions. This stuff does not break me out!! It's a perfect colour match for me as well. I wear sand beige, which is shade 2 (201?) and it's just right. I get matched as NW15 at mac but i am less pink than NW15. This is like a neutral NW15.
It wears really well. Looks great and matte set with pressed powder, holds my blush in place all day, also works great with no powder over the top, gives me a dewy finish.
It definitely lasts all day and I would call it a medium to full coverage. I don't need much concealer when I use it at all. But it also doesn't look mask-like or cakey.
I have applied it with a brush, sponge and my fingers, I prefer my fingers.
The only thing I don't like is that it's a stupid glass bottle with an open mouth. I bought a mineral power maybelline foundation taht is totally the wrong colour so I might ditch that, clean out the bottle and transfer this stuff into the nice squeezy bottle so I stop wasting so much when I tip it out. ♥