Maybelline SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version

3.5

Aqua/Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Isododecane, Dimethicone, C30 45 Alkyl Dimethylsilyl Propylsilsequioxane, Glycerin, Silica, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin 3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Nylon 12, Phenoxyethanol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Paraffin, May Contain ( /-): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides)

on 8/8/2010 8:13:00 AM

I purchased this product looking for a more blendable, forgiving, and natural-looking coverage than Revlon's Colorstay... Boy this foundation did not live up!

First of all, I have extremely dry skin, and while this did not exacerbate any dryness as Colorstay sometimes can, Superstay made my skin oily, shiny, and made my skin break out in cystic acne after less than 1 wk of use. This is rare as I typically have no significant break outs.

Also this is not transfer-proof. Too bad because the finish is actually quite nice.

I'm not sure I would recommend this product to anyone as it has left my face with painful cystic pimples which I never get. Wouldn't wish this on anyone...

on 8/8/2010 4:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I generally like this foundation. Good coverage and it makes my skin look good. For the 24-hour stay part... not so much. if i wanted i could wipe it off my face with a tissue. which isn't what i look for in foundation. Majority of it stays to make my skin a little better. If you set with a powder it helps it, most definitely. the color matches my skin perfect though. so i would repurchase mainly because usually it's pretty good at staying and making my skin look good.

I don't love it but i don't hate it. It has medium coverage on the first layer.. if you need more coverage u can just apply more. Even with its thick consistency it goes on smooth when i use my fingers to apply it. My skin changes with the weather but is normally dry.. it doesn't work well with the areas that have dry patches on my face and it also made me break out. Will not be on my repurchase list.

on 8/8/2010 3:37:00 AM

I recently picked up this foundation at my local target because I'm looking for a good non-transferring foundation. When I first applied it, I noticed that it accentuated my dry patches as well as the area around the nose;not attractive. The coverage is sheer-medium and I need concealer for my acne scars and under-eye circles. After wearing this for a few hours(maybe three-four), my face was an oily mess and was also a few shades darker than what I originally started with! I played around with this for two weeks, trying out different techniques, concealers, and setting powders to no avail. Though I can honestly say this stuff doesn't transfer, I wouldn't repurchase.

on 8/7/2010 9:17:00 PM

So . . . I bought this product just to try it out. It had some huge display in Walgreens, so I figured, "what the heck?" And I SERIOUSLY regret buying it. I'm going to use the rest of it, only because I bought it and I have nothing else to use, but I'm NOT a fan of it.

It hardly covers anything, for one, and if you put on enough to actually cover blemishes, it looks flakey and rather unappealing. It doesn't blend for ANYthing, and I've tried several different options. I got the lightest shade, and though it looked fine when I tested it in the store, it makes my face look two shades darker! Yuck!

Not only that, but it does NOT last for 24 hours, like it claims. For me, it lasts about 3 TOPS, which is not enough for anything. Definitely NOT a fan.

Normally I like Maybelline products, but this one is definitely on my "do not buy again" list. Ugh! It's so frustrating that it doesn't hold up to its name!

on 8/7/2010 4:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wow, i actually really like this foudation!! I have oily skin, but this stays on really well! i have yet to try the revlon colorstay, but for now, this is love! <3

on 8/7/2010 4:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

amazing! for the price this stuff works forreal! im oily skinned but this doesnt impart shine at all, almost all day as a matter of fact. also never melts off in hot weather, but kinda hard to remove. wish they had a lighter shade...

on 8/7/2010 3:58:00 AM

i do not likee
i purchased the lightest shade which was to orange
and received comments about it =(

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I recieved this product as a sample in Grazia magazine, and although it does have a silky finish it does not hold true to its claim, of staying for one day. It does not clog the pores, but I personally can't stand brands that hold nowhere to their claim!

on 8/3/2010 11:34:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my favorite foundation as of now. I first tried it when the SuperStay Silky Foundation was discontinued (which still breaks my heart) and I've been using it since. It gives very nice full coverage without looking too cakey...you just have to make sure to blend it in well. It does stay longer than a few hours but for me (I have very oily skin) it definitely does not last the promised 24hrs but who didn't see that one coming. The one thing I absolutely HATE about this, however, is the packaging. I really miss the pump from the silky stuff...this foundation comes in this hideous bottle with a gigantic opening. Whenever I go to use it I pour waaaay too much out and end up wasting most of the product. Absolutely terrible packaging but still worth your money.