April 24, 2014 | 1996 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast Length

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2010 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Kmakie3414

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I actually love this very much. Tried this for the first time today and it's amazing. It makes my lashes so freakin Long it's insane! Doesn't clump or flake I think this is a new favorite

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2010 3:26:00 PM More reviews by ConversePrincess55

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think how this product works depends on the person. I first bought mine after my friend wore it. It made her lashes SUPER long! I mean almost twice as long! When I tried it, this did not lengthen my lashes very much nor did it thicken them a lot. However, it didn't clump or smudge, which makes it a 'meh' mascara for when you've ran out of your HG mascara and this is the only thing you can find until you can make it to the store. I won't be buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2010 11:36:00 PM More reviews by sugarbyte

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried this mascara for the first time today and was very impressed! No clumping, very smooth application and buildable (which allows you to have more control over the look you're going for). It hasn't flaked off throughout the day and supposedly washes off easily with soap and water (according to the packaging, I have yet to test this out)

If you're looking for the most volumizing mascara on the market I wouldn't recommend this one but I think it works great to achieve natural clump-free volume.

I also love the packaging!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2010 8:24:00 PM More reviews by indiemariposa

This is a nice, natural-looking mascara. It's very buildable, and with several coats (2-4 for me) you can achieve a dramatic length. I really like this mascara, however, it's not black enough. My lashes are naturally black, but I prefer my mascaras to be that really rich, dark cosmic black color. I can achieve this with lashblast volume very black, but lashblast length very black is basically the same color of my lashes. I do like it though, but I'm still going to try something else.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2010 7:14:00 PM More reviews by MereMM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I won't lie--I bought this because I liked the Cover Girl ads with Drew Barrymore. I wasn't really looking to lengthen my lashes, which I don't think this product does that noticeably. Yet I'm still happy with it.
After a few weeks of using this, I can say that I get very few if any flakes and no smudging, which is a huge plus.
The wand is well designed--it's long and skinny and it doesn't get gunked up with globs of mascara.
I really like the packaging--it's long and skinny and a lot better for travel than the Lash Blast in the orange package. Space is precious in my makeup bag.
I always apply two coats of this to make my lashes look thicker. I haven't noticed any lengthening, but I'm okay with that.
If I were actually trying to lengthen my lashes, I might not buy this, but the no-mess tube and no-flaking make me happy.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2010 3:50:00 AM More reviews by rpinto323

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't wear mascara very often, but I picked this up to see what all the fuss is about. I have long lashes already, but was looking for something just to darken them to define the tips. I like the packaging and the applicator. The formula isn't too thick, so you can apply several coats with out getting clumpy spidery lashes. I don't need anything to curl or create a lot of volume so I am very happy with this product. If I run out, I will def. repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2010 6:46:00 PM More reviews by EvilyKyoko

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was okay. I loved the cute yelow tube <3 it was a lot of fun to apply. But it didnt leave me with noticable results. I was impressed until i tried a different mascara. -t did leave me with soft lashes, but it made it look like i didnt have much of anything on my lashes. It was worth a try, but not worth 9 bux.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2010 5:58:00 PM More reviews by lorielin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried this as I wanted something that would remove with eye makeup remover (I had the water resistant formula). It does remove easily and actually is one of the better water resistant/waterproof mascara's I've tried just from a no smudge standpoint.

It does lengthen and I I do like that lashes stay soft. But, the color is not very dark and it doesn't hold a curl at all.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2010 1:38:00 PM More reviews by youwillneverfindme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

THE SHORT: If you have 10 min to spend applying mascara, LB Length can give amazing results. Would I buy this again?-Yes, but only if my HG, regular LB (I think they’re calling it Lash Blast Volume now…the one in the orange tube) which gives me similar, gorgeous results in about half the time wasn't available. 4 stars…the only drawback for me being the time-consuming application.

EDIT 4/18/10: I would NOT buy this again since I've tried the new Lash Blast Fusion, which I think gives the same amount of length (if not more) and is far easier/less time consuming to apply. IMO, Cover Girl should ditch this product.

THE LONG:
• RESULTS: Gorgeous, separated, feathery-false-lash looking lashes with volume as well. I notice a little bit of length but it’s not excessive…see “application” how I achieve this (volume is very hard to build with this). This can also be worn as the most natural looking mascara known to man :P.
• BRUSH/WAND: The brush is long and kind of wimpy, the short rubber bristles take some maneuvering to really give a killer lash look and brush through/separate your lashes.
• FORMULA: Relatively dry upon first opening the package, I’m not sure how it will last over 3 months but will update as necessary. Washes off easily with water and doesn’t irritate my eyes. My lashes seem to like the formula and while wearing it, it’s not brittle…huge plus.
• WEAR: Good on me (most CG mascaras wear well on me). Minimal flaking and no smudging, even on my bottom lashes. Holds curl relatively well.
• PACKAGING: A long, matte yellow tube. Not attractive, but not revolting either.
• APPLICATION: I can’t just throw this on like I can with other mascaras. If I don’t take the time to apply this properly, I get very unsatisfactory “natural” results with little to no volume (I realize this is a lengthening mascara, not a volume building one…but I need a little of both to be happy). While this may be ideal for those who dig natural looks, I go for in your face, huge lashes. This is the process I use: I first start with coating just the very tips of my lashes. After this, I need to hold the wand at the base of my lashes and twirl it forward until I feel like the brush is touching my lid, and then wiggle the brush back and forth in a zig-zag motion through the tips. I realize this is technically the “proper” way of mascara application, but some mascaras don’t need such a meticulous process. I apply one coat to one eye, then do the other, and alternate back and forth with additional coats as the subsequent coat dries a little on the opposite eye. The entire process takes about 10 minutes and several coats, which is more effort than I’d like to put into my lashes…but I like the results (people *ask* me if I'm wearing falsies) so I’ll finish out my tube.
• PRICE: IIRC, this is around $8 if not on sale. Occasionally you can find it for $6.
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2010 10:32:00 PM More reviews by amy1993

This mascara really gave me length and definition. Not a lot of volume, but still a great mascara. I love how flexible the brush is too.