This was okay. I loved the cute yelow tube <3 it was a lot of fun to apply. But it didnt leave me with noticable results. I was impressed until i tried a different mascara. -t did leave me with soft lashes, but it made it look like i didnt have much of anything on my lashes. It was worth a try, but not worth 9 bux.
I tried this as I wanted something that would remove with eye makeup remover (I had the water resistant formula). It does remove easily and actually is one of the better water resistant/waterproof mascara's I've tried just from a no smudge standpoint.
It does lengthen and I I do like that lashes stay soft. But, the color is not very dark and it doesn't hold a curl at all.
THE SHORT: If you have 10 min to spend applying mascara, LB Length can give amazing results. Would I buy this again?-Yes, but only if my HG, regular LB (I think they’re calling it Lash Blast Volume now…the one in the orange tube) which gives me similar, gorgeous results in about half the time wasn't available. 4 stars…the only drawback for me being the time-consuming application.
EDIT 4/18/10: I would NOT buy this again since I've tried the new Lash Blast Fusion, which I think gives the same amount of length (if not more) and is far easier/less time consuming to apply. IMO, Cover Girl should ditch this product.
• RESULTS: Gorgeous, separated, feathery-false-lash looking lashes with volume as well. I notice a little bit of length but it’s not excessive…see “application” how I achieve this (volume is very hard to build with this). This can also be worn as the most natural looking mascara known to man :P.
• BRUSH/WAND: The brush is long and kind of wimpy, the short rubber bristles take some maneuvering to really give a killer lash look and brush through/separate your lashes.
• FORMULA: Relatively dry upon first opening the package, I’m not sure how it will last over 3 months but will update as necessary. Washes off easily with water and doesn’t irritate my eyes. My lashes seem to like the formula and while wearing it, it’s not brittle…huge plus.
• WEAR: Good on me (most CG mascaras wear well on me). Minimal flaking and no smudging, even on my bottom lashes. Holds curl relatively well.
• PACKAGING: A long, matte yellow tube. Not attractive, but not revolting either.
• APPLICATION: I can’t just throw this on like I can with other mascaras. If I don’t take the time to apply this properly, I get very unsatisfactory “natural” results with little to no volume (I realize this is a lengthening mascara, not a volume building one…but I need a little of both to be happy). While this may be ideal for those who dig natural looks, I go for in your face, huge lashes. This is the process I use: I first start with coating just the very tips of my lashes. After this, I need to hold the wand at the base of my lashes and twirl it forward until I feel like the brush is touching my lid, and then wiggle the brush back and forth in a zig-zag motion through the tips. I realize this is technically the “proper” way of mascara application, but some mascaras don’t need such a meticulous process. I apply one coat to one eye, then do the other, and alternate back and forth with additional coats as the subsequent coat dries a little on the opposite eye. The entire process takes about 10 minutes and several coats, which is more effort than I’d like to put into my lashes…but I like the results (people *ask* me if I'm wearing falsies) so I’ll finish out my tube.
• PRICE: IIRC, this is around $8 if not on sale. Occasionally you can find it for $6.
This mascara really gave me length and definition. Not a lot of volume, but still a great mascara. I love how flexible the brush is too.
I actually really liked this macara. The pros of this mascara is that the mascara really did lengthen my lashes when I apply the mascara on. Another pro is that the mascara did not clump unlike the Maybelline Lash Stelitto. I can only think of two cons of this mascara, and one of those cons is that the mascara does not really define your lashes, and another con is that the mascara does not hold the curl that you got in the beginning. The bottom line on this mascara is that its a good mascara if you are longing for a lengthy look for your eyes. I would definitly buy this product again.
I was so excited when i first saw this new product that i had to buy it... 2 bad i ended up being dissapointed. It did nothing for my eyelashes, not even lengthen them like it says. I was really dissapointed overall. The color barely showed and i had to keep applying coat after coat and for nothing. My suggestion.. try lash blast the original. it works like magic and makes the eyes pop.
do not waste your money on this-i have pretty nice eyelashes and this did nothing for them at all. i guess if you're looking for the most natural look on the planet this would be fine. it didn't clump, but that's bc it dispenses almost no product. i literally threw it away, which i never do. and comes in ugly packaging, too.
This mascara is ok. I have very light lashes. You can barely see them without mascara. They are not very thick or long. This mascara looks good up close, but from a distance I don't notice my lashes very well. It gives my a very natural look, but not a dramatic look.
I'm also really surprised by the number of negative reviews for this product. I hadn't considered buying this mascara as I am happy with Shiseido's Perfect Mascara. However, I picked this up at Target as part of a combo pack with the Perfect Point Plus eyeliner and it was also on clearance for around $4. I agree with other reviewers that it doesn't give any added volume to my lashes, but I find that it definitely does lengthen my lashes. This is the mascara I grab when I want to look more natural.
If you're looking for a mascara to lengthen your lashes while looking natural, I'd suggest this :)
I was really hoping this would work out. I was looking for an alternative to the more expensive Lancome mascara I have been using. This is a fine product if you really just want a more natural look. I like dramatic lashes, and like to emphasize lenth. This didn't do it on its own. I have used this on top of the Lancome Lash Primer, and it helps. I don't think I will buy again.