August 27, 2014 | 1865 users online

Liquid - Christian Dior - Diorskin Nude Hydrating Makeup SPF 10

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2010 10:51:00 PM More reviews by kimberlyball

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was skeptical at first about this foundation because I felt like after I bought it the color didn't match. Tried to take it back and the MA told me to keep and try it a few more times. So glad she did it looks fabulous on. The trick is to apply with a kabuki brush or with fingers and just go outward in. I know that sounds backwards, but that's what they told me and it works great. It stays on all day, has a great finish, beautiful packaging and treatment in the product so it's great for dry skin. Loved it so much I went back for the Nude concealer and love it, too (never used concealer before I bought that one).

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2010 11:54:00 PM More reviews by debbick

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My daughter bought this foundation so I decided to give it a try too. I finally got smart and now ask for a sample before I buy a new product. I presently use Chanel's Vitalumiere, which I love. I have to say the Dior was just as nice and I thought I might give it a try until I realized it is only spf10 (Vitalumiere is spf 15) What were they thinking? Why bother to put in any spf if you are only doing 10. I'm staying with the Chanel. The Dior is $45 and the Vitalumiere is $54.00

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2010 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Pummelo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree 100% with book_worm's review. Coverage is decent, but requires a reapplication in a few hours. It also clings to any flake on your face, so I've taken to mixing it with a little moisturizer beforehand. What annoys me is that the pump completely died on me two weeks after purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2010 1:35:00 AM More reviews by book_worm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Beautiful, natural coverage. I use this almost everyday, either to even out my skintone or to cover up some imperfections. The coverage is on the light side, but buildable. The finish is very natural and if I blend it right (I just use my fingers), it's hard to tell that I'm wearing foundation even under natural sunlight. I have sensitive skin, but I haven't reacted to this. The staying power is decent, but it definitively doesn't last all day. I personally find that because the coverage is so light and natural, it actually looks better without powder over it. Of course, this does affect its lasting power...but as long as I remember to blot throughout the day, I still have some bits of this left by the evening.

Took off one lippie because my bottle recently went kaput on me and the pump no longer works. I've taken to uncapping the whole thing and dipping in with the now-defunct pump straw thing...it still works well enough, though it is considerably less hygienic.

Another thing, I've found that moisturizing well beforehand is ESSENTIAL for applying this foundation. Otherwise, it tends to look cakey. And despite my best efforts to prep my skin (I use a serum and a moisturizer), this still ends up looking catching on my flakes of dead and/or peeling skin. It's not very noticeable unless you're thisclose to my face, but it annoys me nonetheless. So for its less-than-claimed hydrating properties, I took off another lippie.

Nevertheless, I really like this natural finish of this and how the shade Linen 201 matches my skintone. I would probably repurcharse unless I find something better.

ETA: I've taken another packaging point off, because after the whole pump and uncapping fiasco, there was a whole lot of product stuck to the sides of the bottle that I could. not. get. out. It was probably enough for 8-12 applications! Ugh!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2010 6:09:00 PM More reviews by BunnyTimesThree

Diorskin Nude Fresh Glow Hydrating Makeup looks SO beautiful! It gives me flawless full coverage and a dewy natural-looking finish. It feels super light and comfy on the skin. My skin is actuall a tad oily but I love this liquid with MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural Powder because that helps mattify it a little without taking away that glowy look and helps it last on my face too.

I find it a little expensive but I got it during Sephora's friends & family sale so that wasn't too bad. I'll be crying when I run out though!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2010 5:06:00 PM More reviews by nettimacs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

this is perfect!!!! normally i am not much of a fan of dior foundations. My favourite foundation is/was Illamasqua RF, but lately my skin became more dry that ever before so i needed to find some instant solutions. And I got a sample of it so thought why not to try it. it is just amazing!! not dry, not flaky, not heavy, you do not have to be a master of brushes and sponges.. imo it applies best with fingers. so natural yet so nicely covering problematic areas.. and not feeling thight after a couple hours. for reference i am RF215 in Illamasqua and the perfect colourmatch was 030 in nudeskin.
since i am using it, no problems just compliments.. fantastic investment..

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2010 3:03:00 PM More reviews by lots2luv

I have been on the search for a new foundation that will cover my redness, but still look natural. I also want a dewy look. This foundation covers my redness along with concealer and gives me a natural look without being cakey. The only thing I would ask for is for it to be more dewy. The Price is high, $45 which is more than I have ever spent on a foundation, but if it continues to work I will buy it again. It last all day on me even if I take a nap it's still on there when I get up.
Update: I added a lippie! I think I have found my HG foundation. I have used this every day since I purchased it which is rare for me. I usually don't like foundations after a few days of using them, but that is not the case with this one. I do tend to use more pumps than I should, but I'll continue to buy this over & over. I hope they never discontinue this. Still covers my redness from Rosacea & keeps it covered all day long!! I have Rosacea and this does not irritate my skin at all.
Update: This is for sure my HG foundation, which I have never been able to find before. It is a perfect match for my skin, I'm a NC20 in MAC more on the neutral side so 20 in this is the perfect neutral for me. It has not caused any problems with my Rosacea and covers my redness completely. I have to use about 3-4 pumps to cover everything. No need to use concealer either. I will continue to buy this forever. HG status for sure. For any of you with sensitive skin or Rosacea I would suggest you give this a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2010 1:55:00 PM More reviews by APRjmar

I love this! It leaves my skin feeling soft and it definitely moisturizes. My only concern is how it looks around the nose, the only place it looks cakey but better than MAC studio Fix liquid which looks cakey on he entire face!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2010 2:02:00 AM More reviews by ikoparisi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Finally, I've found a liquid foundation that makes my skin looks really flawless with no heavy, greasy, mask-like look. It's very natural looking when I applied it with my fingers & a little goes a long way. Very easy to take off with just a normal face wash & water. My skin was so soft & smooth after washing. I really love this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2010 10:59:00 AM More reviews by murphy817

Current HG foundation status :) I researched for awhile in finding a foundation that will meet my current skin condition. This has surpassed my expectations so far. It's winter and my skin is on the dry side and in need of a more hydrating foundation. I have a love/hate relationship with the idea of foundation. I hate wearing it and the feel of most of them. I however, do like to look pretty and polished and I find TM's don't provide me with that. I generally gravitate toward mineral mu or mu geared for sensitive skin. I want a foundation to provide healthy benefits to my skin and not just sit there and clog pores. I also want a airbrushed look and a light texture to the foundation providing a light/medium coverage. With that said, I found Diorskin nude fresh glow hydratiing foundation. I have a tan going on now so I purchased the 030 (medium beige) shade and it works well with my current skin color-maybe a tad bit too yellow but not noticable to the non-discriminating eye-lol. When my tan fades, I may have to switch to 022 (cameo). This feels like nothing on my skin, it is very refreshing!