December 20, 2014 | 1590 users online

Liquid - Dior - Diorskin Nude Hydrating Makeup SPF 10

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2010 9:39:00 AM More reviews by Shuu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the texture of this foundation and the fact that it doesn't dry my skin out. Sometimes it may get a little patchy, but it can be fixed easily by spritzing my face with a alcohol-free toner, or fix+, and even good ol' water will do the trick. It blends wonderfully into my skin and it's a perfect match for me. FYI I'm a NC20-25 and I'm using the shade 020.
It gives me a glowy but not-too-dewy finish which I adore. It doesn't break me out and it stays put all day long.
The fact that the foundation comes with a pump is a huge thumbs up as it screams "hygiene" lol. The glass bottle doesn't bother me either, as it looks classy and elegant *ehem*. Overall, I will repurchase this foundation again despite the price tag. But a little goes a long way (I only use 1 pump to cover my entire face) and given that it's a high-end brand, the price is pretty decent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2010 2:52:00 PM More reviews by joshquinto

love love love this!! never had a perfect foundation until this.. i'm acne-prone, and this makes my face clear.. well, i still get acne, but it makes my acne less. very nice coverage. ohh.. i remember, one guy asks if i wear make up.. he said my face looked very natural.. love it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2010 1:25:00 AM More reviews by SillyL

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation.
At first I was quite apprehensive about buying it due to the high cost ($77AU) and was unsure of what kind of coverage it would give me. Needless to say this foundation is excellent; it suits my skin tone beautifully. I have a very fair complexion and finding a foundation that caters to my skin has been an obstacle. The foundation goes on very light but gives great coverage and it doesn’t feel heavy or look cakey like other foundations I’ve tried.

[Update]
I've been wearing this foundation for 8 months now and I still love it! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2010 5:19:00 AM More reviews by Colourpop

I like this foundation, it is a little thicker than most of the other foundations I own but the finish is quite sheer. It applies easily and does give a glowy finish to the skin. It does offer more coverage than I expected, I don't usually like anything other than minimal coverage but as this product is high quality it doesn't look caked on. It can take a little blending but on the whole a really good foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2010 5:39:00 PM More reviews by sparklehead

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This has become my HG foundation. I used BE for years simply because of how quick and easy it was but finally decided to look for something new because it really wasn't doing much for me. I tried many different foundations and kept coming back to Diorskin Nude.
I have received many compliments on my complexion since starting to wear this. I have found that this looks best applied with my Sonja Kashuk Flat Top Brush but I've also used a Kabuki Brush, Skunk Brush and my fingers to apply it and really there's no wrong way, they've all looked good. I find it takes about 3-4 pumps to cover my face/neck.

The coverage is medium but looks deceptively sheer. It covers all my discoloration from old breakouts. The only thing it doesn't cover is any current breakout that might be particularly deeply colored. Sometimes I'll just use a concealer brush to build the foundation on those areas instead of concealer and it works well.
This foundation gives me a very natural glowing look. The finish is dewey but that almost makes it sound too oily/wet. It's really more of a hydrated glow. I've never had it look cakey (which is something that happens easily to me). It also feels wonderful on my skin. I don't think I've ever noticed it and it's certainly never felt mask-like.
It also wears well. By the end of my work day (8-10 hours) it still looks good, hasn't settled into lines or pores.
Finally, I think it has the best color range of any line, including MAC. I wear this in 020. I was matched as both an NC15 and NC20, but both were too yellow for me and really I'm in the middle of both and don't have time to be mixing every morning. The inclusion of more neutral colors in this line is a HUGE plus for me. In the summer, when I tan and my yellow undertones come out more, I can continue to use the same foundation formula but just switch to 021 or 030 depending on the tan. I also find the numbering system incredible easy to understand and work with. For example
ends in 0 = neutral (e.g. 010, 020, 030, 040)
ends in 1 = yellow undertones (e.g. 021, 031, 041)
ends in 2 = pink undertones (e.g. 022, 032, 042)
ends in 3 = peach undertones (e.g. 023, 033, 043)
As the formula gets darker, the first number gets higher, so for example, someone with a yellow undertone who moves between an NC20 and NC25 in MAC might move between 021 and 031 in Diorskin Nude, although their match will always end in 1 because of thier undertone.
As for the packaging, I know they recalled the pump dispensers because they were clogging. I got mine right after the new pump dispensers hit the stores and haven't had any problem with that at all. The only thing that bothers me is the cap on the packaging. Maybe I'm just dumb but it seems like every morning I try and click it back on the wrong way! The bottle is a rectangle, not a square, but I keep trying to put it on like it's a square, haha. Whatever, not a big deal, probably my own fault, I just can't seem to stop doing it. I just seems like it should be square or something.
Anyway, I'm a total convert to the cult of Diorskin Nude. If you can't tell, I think you should buy this foundation.

UPDATE: Still in love! I've been using this for about four months now. I just started my second bottle so it lasted a more than respectable amount of time even with generous use. I've taken to applying this with just my fingers and it works great! In the last four months I've tried 5 different moisturizers, some with water and some with silicone, and it worked the same over them all, it seems to be compatible with anything.

59 out of 59 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2010 12:36:00 AM More reviews by juicy70

I didn't wear much foundation in the past, I needed something to cover up scars that retin-A had unearthed around my chin - Diorskin Nude was suggested to me. The color (020) blended well with my own skin; I use a small damp sponge for full-face coverage when I wear the liquid foundation only, or my fingers for spot coverage then apply the same color mineral powder foundation version on top. It does a good job of covering imperfections and discoloration and leaves a nice velvety finish, but I agree with the others that it tends to wear off over the course of the day,
My pump has not broken so far, even though the bottle has been in my checked luggage several times already. I have had no sensitivity or breakouts from this foundation. I would definitely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2010 10:04:00 AM More reviews by smjaber

This is the best foundation I've used so far and I've tried almost everything. It's a good colour match for me and it doesn't make my skin greasy. The formula is light and I usually reapply a little as the day goes on. It does show up try patches at first but settles down nicely after half an hour. The only negative thing I have to say about this product, and I've noticed other reviewers having the same problem too, is that the pump has broken. It's very hard to extract the foundation from the bottle, I have to push down really hard and after a few attempts might get a drop out and this can be so frustrating when you're in a rush. Shame about that. I would re purchase though, only because I haven't found anything better than this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2010 10:51:00 PM More reviews by kimberlyball

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was skeptical at first about this foundation because I felt like after I bought it the color didn't match. Tried to take it back and the MA told me to keep and try it a few more times. So glad she did it looks fabulous on. The trick is to apply with a kabuki brush or with fingers and just go outward in. I know that sounds backwards, but that's what they told me and it works great. It stays on all day, has a great finish, beautiful packaging and treatment in the product so it's great for dry skin. Loved it so much I went back for the Nude concealer and love it, too (never used concealer before I bought that one).

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2010 11:54:00 PM More reviews by debbick

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My daughter bought this foundation so I decided to give it a try too. I finally got smart and now ask for a sample before I buy a new product. I presently use Chanel's Vitalumiere, which I love. I have to say the Dior was just as nice and I thought I might give it a try until I realized it is only spf10 (Vitalumiere is spf 15) What were they thinking? Why bother to put in any spf if you are only doing 10. I'm staying with the Chanel. The Dior is $45 and the Vitalumiere is $54.00

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2010 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Pummelo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree 100% with book_worm's review. Coverage is decent, but requires a reapplication in a few hours. It also clings to any flake on your face, so I've taken to mixing it with a little moisturizer beforehand. What annoys me is that the pump completely died on me two weeks after purchase.