October 21, 2014 | 1612 users online

Liquid - Christian Dior - Diorskin Nude Hydrating Makeup SPF 10

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2010 5:39:00 PM More reviews by sparklehead

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This has become my HG foundation. I used BE for years simply because of how quick and easy it was but finally decided to look for something new because it really wasn't doing much for me. I tried many different foundations and kept coming back to Diorskin Nude.
I have received many compliments on my complexion since starting to wear this. I have found that this looks best applied with my Sonja Kashuk Flat Top Brush but I've also used a Kabuki Brush, Skunk Brush and my fingers to apply it and really there's no wrong way, they've all looked good. I find it takes about 3-4 pumps to cover my face/neck.

The coverage is medium but looks deceptively sheer. It covers all my discoloration from old breakouts. The only thing it doesn't cover is any current breakout that might be particularly deeply colored. Sometimes I'll just use a concealer brush to build the foundation on those areas instead of concealer and it works well.
This foundation gives me a very natural glowing look. The finish is dewey but that almost makes it sound too oily/wet. It's really more of a hydrated glow. I've never had it look cakey (which is something that happens easily to me). It also feels wonderful on my skin. I don't think I've ever noticed it and it's certainly never felt mask-like.
It also wears well. By the end of my work day (8-10 hours) it still looks good, hasn't settled into lines or pores.
Finally, I think it has the best color range of any line, including MAC. I wear this in 020. I was matched as both an NC15 and NC20, but both were too yellow for me and really I'm in the middle of both and don't have time to be mixing every morning. The inclusion of more neutral colors in this line is a HUGE plus for me. In the summer, when I tan and my yellow undertones come out more, I can continue to use the same foundation formula but just switch to 021 or 030 depending on the tan. I also find the numbering system incredible easy to understand and work with. For example
ends in 0 = neutral (e.g. 010, 020, 030, 040)
ends in 1 = yellow undertones (e.g. 021, 031, 041)
ends in 2 = pink undertones (e.g. 022, 032, 042)
ends in 3 = peach undertones (e.g. 023, 033, 043)
As the formula gets darker, the first number gets higher, so for example, someone with a yellow undertone who moves between an NC20 and NC25 in MAC might move between 021 and 031 in Diorskin Nude, although their match will always end in 1 because of thier undertone.
As for the packaging, I know they recalled the pump dispensers because they were clogging. I got mine right after the new pump dispensers hit the stores and haven't had any problem with that at all. The only thing that bothers me is the cap on the packaging. Maybe I'm just dumb but it seems like every morning I try and click it back on the wrong way! The bottle is a rectangle, not a square, but I keep trying to put it on like it's a square, haha. Whatever, not a big deal, probably my own fault, I just can't seem to stop doing it. I just seems like it should be square or something.
Anyway, I'm a total convert to the cult of Diorskin Nude. If you can't tell, I think you should buy this foundation.

UPDATE: Still in love! I've been using this for about four months now. I just started my second bottle so it lasted a more than respectable amount of time even with generous use. I've taken to applying this with just my fingers and it works great! In the last four months I've tried 5 different moisturizers, some with water and some with silicone, and it worked the same over them all, it seems to be compatible with anything.

59 out of 59 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2010 12:36:00 AM More reviews by juicy70

I didn't wear much foundation in the past, I needed something to cover up scars that retin-A had unearthed around my chin - Diorskin Nude was suggested to me. The color (020) blended well with my own skin; I use a small damp sponge for full-face coverage when I wear the liquid foundation only, or my fingers for spot coverage then apply the same color mineral powder foundation version on top. It does a good job of covering imperfections and discoloration and leaves a nice velvety finish, but I agree with the others that it tends to wear off over the course of the day,
My pump has not broken so far, even though the bottle has been in my checked luggage several times already. I have had no sensitivity or breakouts from this foundation. I would definitely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2010 10:04:00 AM More reviews by smjaber

This is the best foundation I've used so far and I've tried almost everything. It's a good colour match for me and it doesn't make my skin greasy. The formula is light and I usually reapply a little as the day goes on. It does show up try patches at first but settles down nicely after half an hour. The only negative thing I have to say about this product, and I've noticed other reviewers having the same problem too, is that the pump has broken. It's very hard to extract the foundation from the bottle, I have to push down really hard and after a few attempts might get a drop out and this can be so frustrating when you're in a rush. Shame about that. I would re purchase though, only because I haven't found anything better than this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2010 10:51:00 PM More reviews by kimberlyball

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was skeptical at first about this foundation because I felt like after I bought it the color didn't match. Tried to take it back and the MA told me to keep and try it a few more times. So glad she did it looks fabulous on. The trick is to apply with a kabuki brush or with fingers and just go outward in. I know that sounds backwards, but that's what they told me and it works great. It stays on all day, has a great finish, beautiful packaging and treatment in the product so it's great for dry skin. Loved it so much I went back for the Nude concealer and love it, too (never used concealer before I bought that one).

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2010 11:54:00 PM More reviews by debbick

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My daughter bought this foundation so I decided to give it a try too. I finally got smart and now ask for a sample before I buy a new product. I presently use Chanel's Vitalumiere, which I love. I have to say the Dior was just as nice and I thought I might give it a try until I realized it is only spf10 (Vitalumiere is spf 15) What were they thinking? Why bother to put in any spf if you are only doing 10. I'm staying with the Chanel. The Dior is $45 and the Vitalumiere is $54.00

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2010 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Pummelo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree 100% with book_worm's review. Coverage is decent, but requires a reapplication in a few hours. It also clings to any flake on your face, so I've taken to mixing it with a little moisturizer beforehand. What annoys me is that the pump completely died on me two weeks after purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2010 1:35:00 AM More reviews by book_worm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Beautiful, natural coverage. I use this almost everyday, either to even out my skintone or to cover up some imperfections. The coverage is on the light side, but buildable. The finish is very natural and if I blend it right (I just use my fingers), it's hard to tell that I'm wearing foundation even under natural sunlight. I have sensitive skin, but I haven't reacted to this. The staying power is decent, but it definitively doesn't last all day. I personally find that because the coverage is so light and natural, it actually looks better without powder over it. Of course, this does affect its lasting power...but as long as I remember to blot throughout the day, I still have some bits of this left by the evening.

Took off one lippie because my bottle recently went kaput on me and the pump no longer works. I've taken to uncapping the whole thing and dipping in with the now-defunct pump straw thing...it still works well enough, though it is considerably less hygienic.

Another thing, I've found that moisturizing well beforehand is ESSENTIAL for applying this foundation. Otherwise, it tends to look cakey. And despite my best efforts to prep my skin (I use a serum and a moisturizer), this still ends up looking catching on my flakes of dead and/or peeling skin. It's not very noticeable unless you're thisclose to my face, but it annoys me nonetheless. So for its less-than-claimed hydrating properties, I took off another lippie.

Nevertheless, I really like this natural finish of this and how the shade Linen 201 matches my skintone. I would probably repurcharse unless I find something better.

ETA: I've taken another packaging point off, because after the whole pump and uncapping fiasco, there was a whole lot of product stuck to the sides of the bottle that I could. not. get. out. It was probably enough for 8-12 applications! Ugh!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2010 6:09:00 PM More reviews by BunnyTimesThree

Diorskin Nude Fresh Glow Hydrating Makeup looks SO beautiful! It gives me flawless full coverage and a dewy natural-looking finish. It feels super light and comfy on the skin. My skin is actuall a tad oily but I love this liquid with MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural Powder because that helps mattify it a little without taking away that glowy look and helps it last on my face too.

I find it a little expensive but I got it during Sephora's friends & family sale so that wasn't too bad. I'll be crying when I run out though!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2010 5:06:00 PM More reviews by nettimacs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

this is perfect!!!! normally i am not much of a fan of dior foundations. My favourite foundation is/was Illamasqua RF, but lately my skin became more dry that ever before so i needed to find some instant solutions. And I got a sample of it so thought why not to try it. it is just amazing!! not dry, not flaky, not heavy, you do not have to be a master of brushes and sponges.. imo it applies best with fingers. so natural yet so nicely covering problematic areas.. and not feeling thight after a couple hours. for reference i am RF215 in Illamasqua and the perfect colourmatch was 030 in nudeskin.
since i am using it, no problems just compliments.. fantastic investment..

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2010 3:03:00 PM More reviews by lots2luv

I have been on the search for a new foundation that will cover my redness, but still look natural. I also want a dewy look. This foundation covers my redness along with concealer and gives me a natural look without being cakey. The only thing I would ask for is for it to be more dewy. The Price is high, $45 which is more than I have ever spent on a foundation, but if it continues to work I will buy it again. It last all day on me even if I take a nap it's still on there when I get up.
Update: I added a lippie! I think I have found my HG foundation. I have used this every day since I purchased it which is rare for me. I usually don't like foundations after a few days of using them, but that is not the case with this one. I do tend to use more pumps than I should, but I'll continue to buy this over & over. I hope they never discontinue this. Still covers my redness from Rosacea & keeps it covered all day long!! I have Rosacea and this does not irritate my skin at all.
Update: This is for sure my HG foundation, which I have never been able to find before. It is a perfect match for my skin, I'm a NC20 in MAC more on the neutral side so 20 in this is the perfect neutral for me. It has not caused any problems with my Rosacea and covers my redness completely. I have to use about 3-4 pumps to cover everything. No need to use concealer either. I will continue to buy this forever. HG status for sure. For any of you with sensitive skin or Rosacea I would suggest you give this a try.