September 18, 2014 | 1406 users online

Liquid - MAC - Mineralize Satinfinish SPF 15 Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2009 8:50:00 PM More reviews by thefineprint3

Tried this on at the store and loved it. It gave a nice warm glowy look to my face so I bought it. Unfortunately, after a few days I noticed 1) little pink pimples all over my cheeks and 2) I looked so shiny! I wear NC45 in MAC and I really like the coverage of this foundation. I have normal/combo skin w/ no scars, acne, etc. I just need a foundation to even out my tone. It's light and not cakey. But for the money it's not worth the oilyness and the breakouts. My skin hates MAC foundation so far. I'll be returning it tomorrow. Good coverage, but I wouldn't re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2009 9:41:00 PM More reviews by little80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have pretty even, blemish free skin so I don't need anything with too much coverage, if your like me, this product is def. for you!
    I acutally just finished a contract with MAC and recomended this for those who like that natural looking coverage, or for younger girls who are just starting out with using foundation.
    This satin finish gives you that healthy look, I do recomend using the mineralize powder to set it though!
    It's a great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2009 4:49:00 PM More reviews by marcyb1112

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my everyday foundation now. I have impossibly dry skin, and it's quite hard for me to lock in moisture and have it last throughout the day. I think this is doing it for me! I have soft, silky skin and it's very moisturizing for all day wear. I truly can't believe that I waited to upgrade to a good foundation, but I'm so glad I decided to take the plunge and invest in some good quality makeup... it makes the difference for SURE!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2009 9:09:00 PM More reviews by floy2015

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you have oily skin, you will probably want to stay away from this foundation. I've seen people use this product to get a healthy glow that looks amazing so I wanted to try it out. My oily skin just made this foundation feel sticky on my face and the glow from this foundation just made my skin look like an oily glow, rather than a healthy glow. I've seen this product do wonders for people but I'd bet you they most likely didn't have oily skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2009 7:24:00 PM More reviews by atsugari

The SA tried it on me at the store at a makeover event. For me to rate this product so poorly is because I've tried a lot of high end brands before I came to this.(Chanel, Armani, Shu Uemura, NARS, Lancome, Clinique...etc...) This is not satin finish on me and it's not glowy on me. This on me is like desert finish and matte. My skin is normally combo but pretty smooth and healthy but using this makes my skin looked cakey and unhealthy my skin is resurfaced with a rough texture and it's not flattering. It emphasizes lines under my eyes and basically I look like I have mini scales on my skin and I look like I have dry skin. The SA had the nerve to say it looks good even though before she removed my previous makeup I was smooth.

I read a lot of hype about it and am very disappointed by the finish of the product. In addition I was itchy which is a similar effect I have when wearing bare minerals. It is rubbed off easily which has no staying power and just horrible...

The packaging is good it has a pump, unlike nars... It's relatively cheaper than the other high end brands but you can find stuff of this quality for a lower price in any drugstore.

UPDATE: I tried putting on the sample I got at home and I applied it better than the way the SA applied it. Surprisingly it was better and smoother finish, I think the SA half-heartily slapped a ton of it on my face to leave it caked in some areas and streaking in others. The foundation is still matte on me and does emphasize dry areas but the color matches me better than my NARS. It still rubs off easily and I still get shiny.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2009 5:17:00 PM More reviews by ivette420

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The MA made me buy this because I had peely skin in my nose at the time, and she said that my skin was dry, which it isn't, it's combination. When I frist tried it (during summer)I looked like a disco ball, but since I already paid for it I started using it regularly. In my opinion this isn't suited for daytime during summer at all, it will make you look oily and shiny (not in a good way), for nightime it's more suitable because it photographs beautifully and makes you look glowy under disco lights =). Now that it is winter and my skin is more on the dry side I use this every day and it doesn't look greasy, oily or disco ball-y. So if you hate this, use it exctrictly at night and during winter, you'll love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2009 4:12:00 PM More reviews by juicyChiq230

This looks great on! You don't need a lot of product and it definitely gives you the glowy/dewey look.

The only problem I had with this product was that when I started sweating, and it came RIGHT OFF. My body temperature raised while I was having soup and the foundation was melting off my face! Unfortunately, I loved how it made my skin look, but it couldn't last me through an entire day without coming off. When I asked the SA about this, she said it's more for people with dry/normal skin... where as I am more oily/combination... I guess I'll have to stick to my Studio Fix.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2009 11:45:00 AM More reviews by maggiealex

not at all happy with this.

thick consistancy with low coverage,
    applies horribly (even with th 187 brush!!),
    oxidies a lot,
    NC 20 just toooooo yellow for me
    non longwearing-skin drinks it up,
    plus it has SPF in it and i'm all masky-white on fotos!!

a waste of money!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2009 10:04:00 AM More reviews by lizgen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product is by far my favorite, im almost done my first bottle and going on my second, i highly think i will ever try another foundation. This product gives a nice glow, with amazing camouflage for imperfections, its perfect for acne prone, young skin and doesnt make your skin look dull. On the opposite, it makes your skin radient, full of energy and it looks very healthy. I love this product

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2009 11:25:00 AM More reviews by brendakay

I used this product for a long time. It was my first high end foundation. I really like the foundation but I wish that it would be more matte than the glossy look. I am right now trying to find other foundations that will give me the look I want but none are like this foundation. I may just have to go back to this one. I really like the coverage and that it never made me break out.