SKII Facial Treatment Essence

3.6

on 10/5/2007 9:46:00 PM

I purchased this and the Air Touch Foundation based on all the reviews. I have to say that this product agrees with me and has definitely made it so I can go without any makeup except maybe a light brushing of bronzer all over my face. I am amazed to say the least because a lot of reviews say that it does nothing for them! I had combination oily skin with dry and flaky patches. Not a fun combo to say the least!...since I have been using this my skin has really normalized and there are no more red blotchy areas!!! It is pricey, but you really need so little. I augment using this with an SKII moisturizer or treatment depending on if I feel I need more moisture. So I will use any of the other products like Signs Treatment Concentrate or Advanced Signs Treatment along with it. It's definitely HG for me because I've never used a product like this continuously. I smooth it all over my face and neck every night and rub the excess into my hands! A little goes a long way!!!

UPDATE: 05/11/08 - I am still continuously using this product and have no complaints. I am half way through the bottle! I was thinking to myself the other night I wanted to add some tips for usage to my review. When I originally purchased this at Saks the SA told me to pour a little bit into my hand (like less than a teaspoon) and pat/push into my face. Basically I spread it around my hands like a lotion and cup my entire face as if to splash ,but really press into my skin. She advised no rubbing and more to just pat into the skin. I wanted to point this out because I am not sure if maybe others are using cotton pads or some other means to where the product would not really get into the skin. Done this way you may not be seeing any benefit at all vs. the way I described. Hope this helps! continued >>

on 10/5/2007 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Yes this product does provide some moisturizing and it does (to an extent) provides some plumping and only a *minor* improvement to my skin tone. But so does my Cellex C B-5 Gel which actually does a better job in moisturizing my skin and is far less expensive. There are also some lovely, alcohol free toners out there (such as Pervonia, Laura Mercier, and Arcona) which are just as good as this product. Overall, this line is just a major disappointment with gimmicky products, lovely packaging and keen advertising.

on 9/27/2007 10:34:00 AM

Have been using this product for 2 months. not so much of improvement. i have a oily-dry combination skin. i tried it together with the toner and the cleanser. i still have 1/3 of thebottle to go. it did not give me any problem, definitely notice a little bit of improvement, but for how much it costs, i dont think this product worth buying.

on 9/18/2007 3:05:00 PM

This is a great product in oder to exfoliate the skin.
I have combination skin and prone to acne.Since I've
been using the essence my skin is getting clearer.
no more cloged pores.It also makes my skin more vibrant and
glowing.I don't need to wear loads of make up like before.

thank you SKII. :)

on 9/18/2007 10:33:00 AM

Very messy to apply. Skin feels slightly sticky after. No discernible positive effect on skin.

on 9/18/2007 5:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This product is great, I have combination skin prone to breakouts, I find my skin is much less greasy and I have fewer breakouts, my Air touch Foundation stays on all day, great for combination/oily skin, think it may be to drying for dry skin, great product will repurchase!

on 9/15/2007 6:57:00 AM

I initially tried this as a free sample and found that it made my skin glow (the only other product that has done this is Jurilque Herbal Recovery Gel). So I purchased the smallest bottle and have found that its quite good. No break outs (but i dont have a tendancy for acne).

Its expesnive but I will continue to use this as i do think it makes a difference to my skin. I dont get the glow anymore but it may be that i've just become used to the condition of my skin.

on 9/7/2007 12:06:00 PM

I got this product as a freebie (I work for a magazine) and I thought "Whoopie - this bottle is ginormous it'll last for ages and it'll do the job when my Bliss Sleeping Peel runs out". Can't figure out what it's supposed to do but my skin wasn't crazy about it. Made me a bit spotty I think (Got an oily T-zone and a coupla crow's feet on my 34-year-old skin). I now use it on my neck and chest and rub the excess on my hands, doesn't make any sort of difference there either. What is this product for??

on 8/31/2007 8:10:00 PM

This is a staple in my beauty regime day and night. My skin is glowing and more balanced using this LOVE it.

Did nothing for me. Absolutely nothing.Will not repurchase. Overpriced too. After a while these lil particles were floating around in the bottle...ewwwww....wonder what they were? Bottle not very hygenic.

Popular Treatments (Face)