November 28, 2014 | 932 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Light

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2008 4:19:00 PM More reviews by whatsername71291

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product! Rarely do I come across a product that I like so much that I feel compelled to bother writing a review; but as soon as I began applying it to my skin, I could tell it was amazing. I saw one review that said it felt weird on her skin but she also mentioned that she has dry skin which this is clearly not intended for. I thought it felt amazing. It was very light and felt like nothing at all. My skin looked good even before I applied the foundation; it really helped even out my skin tone. I also would usually have problems with my face getting oily mid-day and I never wanted to use powders because I thought it looked too caked on. This product has helped me keep a smooth matte finish all day. It basically does everything that it promises; at least for me it does. I'm absolutely in love with it!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/2/2008 11:54:00 PM More reviews by Baano

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Another Smashbox product I wish I could love, but I don't. I have really dry skin which isn't too bad in the summer, but no matter the season, this stuff just feels weird on my skin. The texture feels strange probably because it has a drying quality. I think it's probably really great for oily skin or even normal skin. This product is not a friend to dry skin; it leaves my face feeling tight, yet slippery, but not in a good way. It feels like it sits on the surface and I'm not all that sure it evens out the skin anymore than just wearing foundation and powder does. I would think the less you have to put on your face the better, right? But mom really loves it, so she's getting the rest of this bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2008 2:38:00 PM More reviews by karobinette

I don't normally use a primer but the woman at the makeup counter had me try it on. My makeup lasted all day, in Washington, DC summer humidity! I have extremely combination skin (crazy oily in the t-zone and flaky/dry on my chin) and this really made my skin look smooth. I layer over moisturizer before putting on my foundation. Works great.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2008 4:43:00 AM More reviews by cinderellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i really like this primer! i have super oily skin and i have found that it keeps my greasy face mattified longer than anything else. of course, you have to moisturize before u apply this primer (i use olay moisturizer for oily/combo skin) and then put on your foundation! i also use mac's pressed blot powder to set my foundation & i find that this combo keeps my face looking fresh and non-greasy for like 5 hours, then i just have to blot a little and my face is back to looking fresh. i would definitely repurchase this, even though the price is a little high..i feel it's worth it. it's way better than the original photo finish primer for my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2008 12:26:00 PM More reviews by invadersads

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i bought the smaller tube version of this hoping that it would treat my skin better than the original formula had. well it doesn't make me oily, but other than maybe hydrating my dry spots a little, it doesn't seem to make any difference under my foundation. glad i didn't buy the full bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2008 6:22:00 PM More reviews by melmarshall

This product is a lifesaver for me. I have combo to oily skin and searched for a primer forever. I tried the original Photo finish and felt it clogged my pores, tried a travel size of the peach one, with Dermaxyl , hated it, tried clinique, philosophy everyhing and than bought this on a whim at an Ulta opening day. This product is perfect and the few times I forget to use it i can tell .. my makeup sits on top of oil on my skin. This mattes without drying like pore/matte minimizers but leaves skin smooth and truly primes skin for makeup (in my case oil free LM TM) and it never clogs my pores Also the packaging on the light is so much better. its not the same glass bottle with a pump ..its air tight and you get every last drop .. I still tend to buy the travel size beacause it is $16 for .50z or $36 for 1oz.As you can see its not cheap but it lasts ..you only need a small amount and it blends in so well that you can chose to only place on your tzone (ive done this before) and see needed results without wasting.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2008 7:30:00 PM More reviews by AnOmali

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

I don't know what all the negative reviews are for unless people are using this product inappropriately. If you have dry skin - MOISTURIZE (duh) - if you have excessively oily skin - don't moisturize. If you have combo skin - lightly moisturize and PRESTO - problem solved. Then you can give this product a fair shake. I actually got a deluw sample of this at Sephora and I wore it to a show (in which I performed) at a hot club and my makeup stayed put beauitfully way into the wee hours of the morning. I haven't used it enough to call it a HG, but it does what it is supposed to do. If it does it without breaking me out (which remains to be seen), then I will continue to use it until it's gone. I took off one lippie because it does NOT fill in pores.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2008 1:23:00 AM More reviews by calistarose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Thank goodness I got a sample of this from Sephora because this would have been a HUGE waste of money if I bought the full size. This is not for dry skin. Ten minutes after applying my foundation (mineral makeup) with Photo Finish Light, the area around my lips and nose started peeling badly. My skin felt tight and overall, had this dry appearance. Perhaps, this would work best for oily-skinned gals. Otherwise, it's a piece of garbage product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2008 2:05:00 PM More reviews by annos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I had great hopes for this since the Photo Finish primer is so hyped. Bought the "Light" version since I have oily skin, especially in summertime and when I first put it on it really does make skin more matte and even. Since it's silicone based it makes foundation glide on a lot more easily as well. After a few hours my skin is a lot more oily and shiny that it usually is though so sadly this product didn't work at all for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2008 2:18:00 PM More reviews by cloudy888

I don't feel particularly attached to this product. I think it made my makeup last maybe a little longer but I am not going crazy over it. It did not do what it did for the other reviewers who cant live without it. I bought the little tube to try it first since this was the first primer I tried and its expensive! But I did not get much of that velvety soft feel everyone has been talking about...maybe a lil but I have to stop and feel it and pay attention to it. If I hadnt read the reviews, I probably wouldnt have noticed the feeling. I also found that I had to use alot of it to get any effect. In other words...I am going to be trying other primers. Oh and I would recommend buying the tube rather than the bottle since it can fit anywhere and plus u can get it all out compared to the complains with the bottle.