July 30, 2014 | 2003 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Light

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2008 2:38:00 PM More reviews by karobinette

I don't normally use a primer but the woman at the makeup counter had me try it on. My makeup lasted all day, in Washington, DC summer humidity! I have extremely combination skin (crazy oily in the t-zone and flaky/dry on my chin) and this really made my skin look smooth. I layer over moisturizer before putting on my foundation. Works great.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2008 4:43:00 AM More reviews by cinderellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i really like this primer! i have super oily skin and i have found that it keeps my greasy face mattified longer than anything else. of course, you have to moisturize before u apply this primer (i use olay moisturizer for oily/combo skin) and then put on your foundation! i also use mac's pressed blot powder to set my foundation & i find that this combo keeps my face looking fresh and non-greasy for like 5 hours, then i just have to blot a little and my face is back to looking fresh. i would definitely repurchase this, even though the price is a little high..i feel it's worth it. it's way better than the original photo finish primer for my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2008 12:26:00 PM More reviews by invadersads

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i bought the smaller tube version of this hoping that it would treat my skin better than the original formula had. well it doesn't make me oily, but other than maybe hydrating my dry spots a little, it doesn't seem to make any difference under my foundation. glad i didn't buy the full bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2008 6:22:00 PM More reviews by melmarshall

This product is a lifesaver for me. I have combo to oily skin and searched for a primer forever. I tried the original Photo finish and felt it clogged my pores, tried a travel size of the peach one, with Dermaxyl , hated it, tried clinique, philosophy everyhing and than bought this on a whim at an Ulta opening day. This product is perfect and the few times I forget to use it i can tell .. my makeup sits on top of oil on my skin. This mattes without drying like pore/matte minimizers but leaves skin smooth and truly primes skin for makeup (in my case oil free LM TM) and it never clogs my pores Also the packaging on the light is so much better. its not the same glass bottle with a pump ..its air tight and you get every last drop .. I still tend to buy the travel size beacause it is $16 for .50z or $36 for 1oz.As you can see its not cheap but it lasts ..you only need a small amount and it blends in so well that you can chose to only place on your tzone (ive done this before) and see needed results without wasting.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2008 7:30:00 PM More reviews by Tamira

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

I don't know what all the negative reviews are for unless people are using this product inappropriately. If you have dry skin - MOISTURIZE (duh) - if you have excessively oily skin - don't moisturize. If you have combo skin - lightly moisturize and PRESTO - problem solved. Then you can give this product a fair shake. I actually got a deluw sample of this at Sephora and I wore it to a show (in which I performed) at a hot club and my makeup stayed put beauitfully way into the wee hours of the morning. I haven't used it enough to call it a HG, but it does what it is supposed to do. If it does it without breaking me out (which remains to be seen), then I will continue to use it until it's gone. I took off one lippie because it does NOT fill in pores.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2008 1:23:00 AM More reviews by calistarose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Thank goodness I got a sample of this from Sephora because this would have been a HUGE waste of money if I bought the full size. This is not for dry skin. Ten minutes after applying my foundation (mineral makeup) with Photo Finish Light, the area around my lips and nose started peeling badly. My skin felt tight and overall, had this dry appearance. Perhaps, this would work best for oily-skinned gals. Otherwise, it's a piece of garbage product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2008 2:05:00 PM More reviews by annos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I had great hopes for this since the Photo Finish primer is so hyped. Bought the "Light" version since I have oily skin, especially in summertime and when I first put it on it really does make skin more matte and even. Since it's silicone based it makes foundation glide on a lot more easily as well. After a few hours my skin is a lot more oily and shiny that it usually is though so sadly this product didn't work at all for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2008 2:18:00 PM More reviews by cloudy888

I don't feel particularly attached to this product. I think it made my makeup last maybe a little longer but I am not going crazy over it. It did not do what it did for the other reviewers who cant live without it. I bought the little tube to try it first since this was the first primer I tried and its expensive! But I did not get much of that velvety soft feel everyone has been talking about...maybe a lil but I have to stop and feel it and pay attention to it. If I hadnt read the reviews, I probably wouldnt have noticed the feeling. I also found that I had to use alot of it to get any effect. In other words...I am going to be trying other primers. Oh and I would recommend buying the tube rather than the bottle since it can fit anywhere and plus u can get it all out compared to the complains with the bottle.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2008 2:52:00 AM More reviews by pink1223

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I liked this product, but wouldn't say that I can't live without it. I think it actually did make my makeup last longer, but if I even had one flake of dryness on my cheeks before using it (of course after washing and moisturizing) it would gravitate to it and highlight it. I guess I should use this stuff mainly on the t-zone and it would work pretty well. So, I could say I like it, but don't love.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2008 10:58:00 AM More reviews by kcielo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been on the hunt for a really good primer.

From Smashbox, I tried the Bronzing Photo Finish and it did not do anything to help me look less like a grease-ball after a couple of hours, so I was hoping that this Light primer would do the trick! You know the deal... it's geared for oilier skin and is mostly water... blah blah blah. Well, it feels nice and looks great when you first put it on, but low and behold... after a couple of hours, grease-ball! So unfortunately, this primer is a waste and it's going back!