August 1, 2014 | 1061 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lemon Juice

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2009 2:04:00 PM More reviews by magentagreen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't even have to buy it, it grows in my garden! This is my old and proven skin lightener. It lightened dark patches on my forehead and chin amazingly well years ago and since then, I've been thruthful and thankfull to this little, humble gift of nature. I have a sturdy skin, not sensitive, not acne prone, but prone to clogged pores and discoloration from little squeezed - out pimples and sun. This helpes me not to get infection after squeezing and maintains my melasma (that is almost gone) on the minimum level. I always wear a high spf sunscreen during the day, as this makes your skin sensitive to the sun. It takes some time to show results, but it works bette than some anti discoloration creams I tried. I apply it straight from the fresh lemon, leave for 30 min to 2 hours, rinse with warm water and moisturize well, because lemon is drying. It also helps with blackheads on my nose. Unfortunately it doesn't do anything to minimize my pores. This is very strong natural concoction of acids (about 70%) so be carefull at first and test-patch. It will not work for everyone, but I'm so happy it works for me.
EDIT:
Warning! Don't even think about using this if already using AHA, BHA or any kind of retinol product! It will burn your skin right off! I started some mild retinol recently and had to stop lemon juice imediately. After applying it only once, my skin became so red and sensitive, it felt exactly like a sunburn.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2009 3:31:00 PM More reviews by swirly_whirl85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I decided to try lemon juice as a toner after reading the glowing reviews here on Makeup Alley, and all I can say is that my skin was NOT glowing afterwards!! the stuff burned like crazy - I needed to splash my face with water for about 5 minutes to rinse off all the juice. Talk about assault! My face was red, sore and itchy all night. From now on, I am staying away from "home remedies" and sticking with store-bought products. If I do decide to try lemon juice again, I will dilute it a lot. Beware if you have sensitive skin!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2009 9:41:00 AM More reviews by desigirlatrichmond

After years of suffering from acne, assaulting my face with chemicals and being depressed seeing my sisters' and friends' glowing skin, I had almost given up on smooth glowing skin...Who knew a humble little lemon will do the trick!
I use pure lemon juice on my face every night before going to bed (15 minutes before, so it dries off when I hit the sheets) And within a week, I saw a natural glow, even skin tone, clean and smaller pores and lightning of my old scars. I just squeeze the lemon in my hand and put it all over my face like a lotion.

My regimen -(Night)
Wash face with Johnson's baby shampoo (thats the only thing that doesn't break me out), use Thayers Witch hazel with Rose, Put lemon juice before bed.
Morning - Wash face with Johnson's baby shampoo, use Thayers Alcohol free witch Hazel, dab a drop of glycerine with a drop of water on face for moisturizing and I am good to go.
I still need to wear concealer to hide acne scars, but I am amazed how little makeup I need these days after I started using lemon juice treatment in night. My skin practically glows!!!!
The only thing is - Be patient with it, give it at least 2 weeks to see results. use DAILY, no excuses. Don't use it in day time or before you go out, otherwise you will be more sensitive to sun and skin can become darker/reddish.
So far I am so happy with it, and I am glad I read about it on MUA!

Edit - I also use aspirin mask 2-3 times a week. Take 3-4 aspirin tablets, sprinkle just 2 drops of water and let it sit for couple of minutes. It becomes mushy and paste like, then add a squirt of organic honey and slather it all over my face, keep it for 30 minutes and wash with lukewarm water. Since my Lemon Juice (daily) and aspirin mask (3 times a week) routine (Its been month and a half), I have cancelled my proactive orders, threw the ZapZit tube in trash and just using these 2 treatments and it has been super!! Easy, cheap, less chemical, and clear skin...what else can I ask for! Don't wait for another day or another review, just use it, you don't have anything to loose. If it works, great, if not, at least it won't harm your skin or your wallet!

38 out of 40 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2009 3:05:00 AM More reviews by dizzyme124

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love, love, love it! I use the kind in the lemon shaped bottle and apply it using a cotton ball at nite before bed. The stinging is barely noticeable and it has done wonders for my skin. Really cleared up my acne and evened out my skin tone.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2009 3:08:00 PM More reviews by gunjee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought a bunch of lemons when they were on sale to make lemonade and my children won't drink lemonade with pulp so I had to strain the pulp out of the lemon juice before making lemonade with it. I took this pulp and put it in a plastic container and use this every morning instead of homemade vitamin c serum. I just put my finger in the pulp and dab it all over my face like a thin mask. I leave it on as I drink my morning coffee, make the kids' lunches, and check the weather to decide what we are all going to wear that day. Then I rinse it off and apply my daily moisturizer with spf as usual. I've been doing it for over a week now and the pulp has not gone bad, although I have refrigerated it. My skin is glowing even more than it did with the vitamin c serum, but my vitamin c serum wasn't very strong anyway. This does sting a little as it dries on my face, but once it's dry, it doesn't sting anymore. My face does look brighter, so something I'm doing is working, and it may just be this.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2009 6:32:00 AM More reviews by RuKa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Amazing for tightening pores.. mine are large unless I use lemon juice. I don't use it for anything else, so I can't attest to what the others have said, but for pores, amazing!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2009 10:22:00 PM More reviews by mg84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't want to give lemon juice a low rating, but i'm really sad that this doesn't seem to be working as well as I thought it would : ((.
I was really encouraged after reading these positive reviews, and i love using simple products for treating acne, so i was definitely excited to use something like lemon juice. I used lemon juice for about two-three weeks, every evening/night. After cleansing my face, i would cut a peice of a lemon and press a q-tip into it to absorb the juice. Then i would dab the q-tip onto any spots or pimples on my skin. I would leave it on for about 10 minutes and then gently rinse off with warm water. The first time that i tried this, i was feeling okay about it, and i thought it was beginning to work. Then after doing this for a few more nights, i didn't really see much of a change. I was still seeing a lot of redness, and my pimples weren't really improving. I had even read excellent reviews for this method on another website.. I feel kind of discouraged : (. If anyone has any tips on how to make this work better, please let me know, thanku.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2009 9:09:00 AM More reviews by footballove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use from time to time,NOT every night,fresh squeezed lemon juice diluted with water on my face,and I can say this is awsome stuff for oily,red-spot-like skin.It is a way more gentle on skin than,for example,ACV.It really shrinks a little bit my enlarged pores,makes me somehow glow.My skin is a little bit irritated after I put lemon juice on my face,but that irritation is gone after just few min.That's how it goes with my extremly sensitive skin.But,I tried one more solution I've found it on internet: Well,I do this as a morning pre-cleanser for my face: I use about one/two teablespoon of regural cow milk with one teaspoon frash squeezed lemon juice and rub my face with cotton ball,BEFORE I'm going to do my first morning face wash.I've heard that this stuff is amazing for blackheads,but You need to be patient and give it some time.I have been doing this maybe about 5 days in row,and all I can say for now that my skin appears smoother,more even toned,I look somehow fresh,and also I see my blackheads are fading away,I mean,they are less noticable.I will continue to use this method for long term,because I see some differences on my skin,but nothing miracle yet.But,It IS so simple to use milk and lemon before You are going to wash Your face,so You have nothing to lose,Your skin can only be better.Well,It stinks awful,but I can live with that.
Also,I pour 1 teaspoon of lemon juice into my scalp-shampoo everytime I wash my hair, and use it only on my scalp.It really seem like my scalp are producing less oil.I use this only on my oily scalp as I said,but NOT on my dry/damaged ends because I bealive it could make them even more dried.So, lemon is great solution for reducing of oily scalp.
Oh yes,I also use lemon juice as a spot treatment: I put ear-stick in pure lemon juice and rub the ear-stick over my pimple and especially red mark wich remains after pimple is gone.I do this every night and I really see how my post-acne red mark fading away really faster.
I also put few drops in Yogurt Mask,Aspirin Mask,You name it..Lemon is great stuff for everything,and very effective but not too harsh..at least not for me and my oily but sensitive skin.
UPDATED:
Over time,Lemon can be a little bit irritating,so watch out,and use it sparingly and with common sense,because You are using pure concentrate of Lemon acid.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2009 11:53:00 PM More reviews by nsarova

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I will never miss a night without using this. HG toner and red spot lightner! I have red marks all over my cheeks from past and new acne infestations and just by using lemon juice, my marks have become faded by about 50%. That is amazing! Even if 50% is all the results that I will see, I am so happy at this that I don't really care about any more progress! But I bet if I keep on using this every night more redness will fade. Also, my pores look so tight when I put this on and even the next day when I wash my face and put on foundation. Foundation looks amazing on, I have to use much less now to cover up those red spots. Acne does not like this goodness, it stays away and for good reason, lemons kick some acidic butt. Lemon juice doesn't irritate or dry me out at all, it helps out with oil production and evens my skin out like nothing else. I only use this at night as a toner and then apply Dan Kern's BP treatment right on after. I also found that squeezing a lemon myself rather than the pacakged lemon juice works much better for me. Try this out, it works better than the overpriced skin lightning junk out there. Forgot to add that this is also a great exfoliator, keeps skin really smooth.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2009 5:28:00 PM More reviews by evil_ren

This is an absolutely brilliant toner for oily skin. I have tried everything and have recently moved to a country that gets hot and humid in summer and my skin has gone mental! Recently started just squeezing a couple of tablespoons of fresh lemon juice into a cup and topping up with water (prob 60% water and 40% juice) and it really, really tightens my pores and leaves me skin feeling fresh. I t has already started to clear up a recent bad outbreak - I think leom has antibacterial properties. I use it after using biore ice cleanser, which I find is a good cleanser, and I've given up using any moisturiser for the rest of the summer. The weird thing is, I've been getting breakouts on my cheeks, where my skin is normal and nice and I don't have any big pores. my t-zone is really oily but there are no spots! Very strange. My skin has a mind of its own. I highly recommend diluted lemon juice for combo/oily skin. Wouldn't use it neat, it's very acidic and harsh.