NARS Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

4.4

on 7/9/2009 5:55:00 PM

Hate this. I know it was gold, but it made me look so yellow, and I'm only on the brink of an NC25 at MAC. It looks even worse in daylight. If it was without the gold shimmer, I would love it.

on 7/2/2009 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Great highlight color. Like others have said it looks scarishly white in the pan but goes on a beautiful shimmery goldish color. It's finely milled as well so its not like chunk city glitter on your face. It may be a bit pricey for some people for a highlight color though...

on 6/24/2009 11:25:00 AM

I got this in the Albatross/Lovejoy duo and I love both of them. This is my first time using a highlighter and I really really like it, don't let the white powder scare you, it goes on so pretty and gives the nicest glow to skin. I don't use it everyday, just when I feel like having that extra soemthing.

on 6/22/2009 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I truly love this highlighter. For reference my skintone is NC42. I was a bit worried about this highlighter because it looked white on sephora.com. When you first open the compact it looks like a shimmery white powder but once on the skin its a shimmer golden pearl color which is gorgeous. sometimes this can leave a white-ish tint on my skin but when i that happens i simply take my posh kabuki brush and buff it over the highlighter one time, and it takes away the white tint and the powder still looks great. This powder definitly has a a gold tint to it. The lasting power is nice and i will buy again the only thing i dont like is the price but i can deal with it for the great powder.

on 6/8/2009 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

EDIT: After using it a while noticed it didnt do much, not much hilighting. another overhyped garbage product that everyone loves for some reason. I realized it wasnt love after about a week of using it.

on 6/7/2009 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really like this highlighter. I much prefer powder highlighters/illuminators to liquid ones. This makes my bone structure look a lot better than it actually is, haha. I think this highlighter is a nice way to accentuate my features without going overboard with heaps of products. My usual daytime routine is just mineral powder, mascara, Albatross, and Chapstick or Blistex. Very minimal (yeah, I'm lazy), but the Albatross adds a little somethin' somethin'. I do, however, think that if you are going to use a highlighter, you need to be using other makeup as well as highlighter on its own may look a little odd. I would advise playing around with Albatross to figure out how much you need, so you don't get a yellowish tint or an overly obvious shimmer. It can be easy to go overboard, and you might end up looking overdone or plastic-ey :)

on 6/7/2009 7:27:00 AM

This is my #1 Highlighter. I love it even more than the Multiple in Copacabana!. It's not as shimmery as the multiple so its perfect for day use, especially ontop of my orgasm blush. I swept it lightly on my cheekbones and it really gives me a nice glowy finish and helps define my cheekbones. I also use it to highlight the bridge of my nose lightly. This is the last thing I use every morning in my makeup routine. I its such a nice way to put the finishing touches on your face.
As with all NARS blushes and eye shadows, the only annoying thing is having to carry around extra brushes :) But I can't complain, I love it too much

on 6/1/2009 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Okay, so i was really skeptical about this highligting powder when i first laid eyes on it.. i mean look at how white it is!! but since everyone has been raving about it, i def had to give it a try. Once i got it.. i tried it and it was amaaazing. I used it with no make up on and it made me gloooow! it was awesome! so i tried it with my makeup wear and even better!!!! loves it! dont let the whiteness fool you, its a GREAT hightlighter!!!

on 5/24/2009 9:35:00 PM

I have to first explain my obsession with finding a perfect highlighter. I am not 12 anymore. I cannot get away with a glittery mess of a highlighter. I want a grown-up, lit from within "glow". This gives me that. Sure, if you apply this to your entire face, you may look like a streetwalker, lol! However, strategically placed, this highlighter is HG all the way for me! I just love it. I know alot of people do not liek NARS packaging. However, I have no problems with it. I like the sleek design. It has a mirror in it which is always a nice practical addition for on-the-go application or touch-ups.

on 5/20/2009 1:38:00 AM

I got this in the highlighter/blush duo. I LOVE this highlighter! I use it everyday, no breakouts and it has a nice glow to it. Not overly shimmery. I can't live without it!

Top Rated NARS Products