November 23, 2014 | 867 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2009 7:02:00 PM More reviews by MOIx2

I abosolutley LOVE this as a cheek and brow bone highligher! When you look at it before swatching it doesn't look like it has much shimmer. When you apply it, oh my goodness! You get this beautiful glowy light golden color. So nice. It last all day! It's not too over powering like some of my MAC minerlized skinfinishes. I love it sooooo much! It's very versitile. Brow or cheek highlight, works wonders. I got mine at Sephora in the Dolce Vita Set. This highlighter came in a duo with Lovejoy, which I also adore. I highly recommend this if you want to spulrge and treat yourself. I wouldn't of picked this up if it wasn't in the set. Gotta love those Sephora exclusive sets!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2009 5:26:00 PM More reviews by shnarch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

well I'm still on the fence about this one. I like how it is finely milled, but I'm not sure if I like the 'yellow' tint in it, layered over blush it looks umm interesting. I'm now looking for an ivory highlighter without yellow or something maybe with some pink, might go check out the Dior shimmer palettes or something. Unless anyone has any other suggestions.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2009 7:54:00 PM More reviews by Cannityk214

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this stuff alot!! At first I wasn't such a fan, because I found that it kinda sat on top of my skin and didn't look like a natural glow. But once I started working with it more I learned how to blend it alil better and it looks amazing!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2009 4:16:00 PM More reviews by katcomer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is awful, what's with all the rave reviews?? I feel this may be good for those with oily skin, but I have tried to work every which way with this and it just doesn't show up. I am NW20 with golden undertones (but I'm white, weird I know) so in theory this should work. I'm used to wearing bronzer every day and I like to have some kick to my makeup. I apply this about 4 times on each cheek and there may be e hint of glimmer but not much. I also have Copacobana multiple which is probably better for my dry skin, and I even use the in conjunction but i'm not wowed by either. Does anyone have any suggestion on how to apply this the best way?? I used the Sephora bronzer brush..its just not working out..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2009 3:49:00 PM More reviews by pink1223

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm very new to the world of highlighting, it's one area that I haven't really ventured into until now. And i think it looks beautiful! I love albatross, it's what I've been looking for. It definitely has a sheen, but isn't shimmery/frosty/sparkly. Very subtle. It has a golden tint to it, which is perfect for me because I've got yellow/olive undertones. It looks so natural and glowy. I've been applying to the tops of cheekbones, middle of forehead, down the tip of the nose, and the chin and cupids bow sometimes. Gorgeous effect!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2009 More reviews by diotima133

Wow... I'm so happy that this works for my medium skin. I never cared for highlighters until I met this beauty. Subtle and sophisticated: if you want lots of shimmer, Albatross is not the way to go.

Some have compared this to MAC's Vanilla pigment, but please note that they are not perfect dupes. Vanilla has the slightest pink tint under certain lighting. It is also frostier, whiter, less yellow; ironically, the subdued Albatross makes me glow more. Although Vanilla is very pretty, I find that it looks artificial when used as a highlighter. You don't need both, but the neat thing about MAC pigments is that there are small samples available.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2009 1:46:00 AM More reviews by xMzxPrEcIoUsx

Albatross is a highlighting blush powder. It is described as a sheer light golden sheen from the Sephora website. In the pan, it looks like a plain white powder with not much shimmer. However, when placed on the cheeks, it delivers a very light golden sheen. First off, I would like to say that I want my highlighter to be super duper shiny and shimmery. Thus, I gave this a 4 because it actually takes more than three swipes to give the shine that is on the below picture. If you swipe just once or even twice, it will almost be invisible on your cheeks. I also have MAC Soft and Gentle MSF and Belightful Iridescent Powder/Pressed. I find that MAC Soft and Gentle is the best highlighter in my standards, Albatross, and then Belightful. This highlighter's texture is smooth and unlike Belightful, it doesn't look blotchy on the skin. It didn't last really long on my cheeks though, so reapplication is a must. I would use this on the highest point of my cheeks, bridge of my nose, temples, chin, and sometimes on top of my blush to make my face glow. The packaging is just like any other NARS product with the black rubbery case, which I like. I personally would not repurchase this product because it takes too many swipes to make me glow. With MAC Soft and Gentle, you only need two swipes and you'll glow like crazy! If you want a subtle highlighting effect, I would recommend this product to you. However, if you want a very shimmery highlighter, I would go for MAC Soft and Gentle instead.
Here is a picture of me wearing NARS Albatross (a lot of swipes):
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2009 11:59:00 PM More reviews by LindsayBo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

In the pan it looks white, but once on my face its more of a gold highlighter. I absolutely LOVE it. It just cant be beat & i have tried a ton of others. I cant say enough about it, its just stunning.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2009 11:54:00 PM More reviews by Tinkergirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So pretty I use it on brides in my line of work and it's the perfect highlighter. It has a pretty off-white, almost gold tone, and it's gorgeous on darker skin tones as well as fair. LOVE IT! AND now they have the Albatross/Lovejoy duo-the best of both worlds (lovejoy is a beautiful bronzed-colored blush).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2009 11:53:00 AM More reviews by chadizhot22

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best highlighter's I own, and I own manyy. This and the MAC MSF in redhead are amazing for my NW 30/35 skintone. This gives you the "candle-light glow" I have been looking for in a bronzer with the small gold specks. It is so smooth and does not have chunky glitters (like MAC soft and gentle MSF, or NARS super orgasm) This is a def. must have highlighter!