NARS Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

4.4

on 7/19/2009 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I never thought this thing would work, but it does! it gives my cheekbones a nice luminosity

on 7/18/2009 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This and copacabana are my favorite highlighters!! This is especially wonderful for toning down a blush. Gives a very natural sheen that is appropriate for daytime. I will repurchase this if i ever need to (dont think i will since you only need to use very little!)

on 7/11/2009 4:58:00 AM

This is my favourite highlighter! It's so beautiful, a soft natural golden glow. The powder is finely milled with no glitter flecks. I have Mac's Drizzlegold Beauty Powder which has bigger chunks and Petticoat MSF, which gives a more metallic shine. This is more natural and versatile. I love using it on my cheekbones. I also like that it is pressed, so it doesn't make a mess over my makeup table! However, the price is a bit extreme. I'm not sure if I would repurchase, rather I'd try to make this one last as long as possible! It contains 4.5g in a rubber mirrored compact which I like (mine isn't dirty lol). I like that a brush fits easily in it.

on 7/10/2009 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

My favorite highlighter! I'm NC 15 and this gives me a great look. Although it may look really white in the pan, on the skin it imparts a lovely golden sheen to the skin. I like to use it on my cheek bones and also on the bridge of my nose and my cupid's bow. It also looks really nice sweeping it in a 'C' shape from your temples to the top of your cheek bone. It is a bit expensive for a highlighter, but I've had mine for about 6 months and am just now seeing the bottom of the pan. Like many Nars products, the packaging is a rubberized compact that attracts make up smears and smudges....not my favorite.

on 7/9/2009 5:55:00 PM

Hate this. I know it was gold, but it made me look so yellow, and I'm only on the brink of an NC25 at MAC. It looks even worse in daylight. If it was without the gold shimmer, I would love it.

on 7/2/2009 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Great highlight color. Like others have said it looks scarishly white in the pan but goes on a beautiful shimmery goldish color. It's finely milled as well so its not like chunk city glitter on your face. It may be a bit pricey for some people for a highlight color though...

on 6/24/2009 11:25:00 AM

I got this in the Albatross/Lovejoy duo and I love both of them. This is my first time using a highlighter and I really really like it, don't let the white powder scare you, it goes on so pretty and gives the nicest glow to skin. I don't use it everyday, just when I feel like having that extra soemthing.

on 6/22/2009 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I truly love this highlighter. For reference my skintone is NC42. I was a bit worried about this highlighter because it looked white on sephora.com. When you first open the compact it looks like a shimmery white powder but once on the skin its a shimmer golden pearl color which is gorgeous. sometimes this can leave a white-ish tint on my skin but when i that happens i simply take my posh kabuki brush and buff it over the highlighter one time, and it takes away the white tint and the powder still looks great. This powder definitly has a a gold tint to it. The lasting power is nice and i will buy again the only thing i dont like is the price but i can deal with it for the great powder.

on 6/8/2009 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

EDIT: After using it a while noticed it didnt do much, not much hilighting. another overhyped garbage product that everyone loves for some reason. I realized it wasnt love after about a week of using it.

on 6/7/2009 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really like this highlighter. I much prefer powder highlighters/illuminators to liquid ones. This makes my bone structure look a lot better than it actually is, haha. I think this highlighter is a nice way to accentuate my features without going overboard with heaps of products. My usual daytime routine is just mineral powder, mascara, Albatross, and Chapstick or Blistex. Very minimal (yeah, I'm lazy), but the Albatross adds a little somethin' somethin'. I do, however, think that if you are going to use a highlighter, you need to be using other makeup as well as highlighter on its own may look a little odd. I would advise playing around with Albatross to figure out how much you need, so you don't get a yellowish tint or an overly obvious shimmer. It can be easy to go overboard, and you might end up looking overdone or plastic-ey :)

Top Rated NARS Products