April 18, 2014 | 1787 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - beautyblender - the sponge

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2011 7:41:00 PM More reviews by kbeasleytx

THIS thing ROCKS! Little bit expensive. will know if the value is worth it when I see how long it lasts. have been using for a week - and my skin/foundation has NEVER looked this well. it makes you look like professional. even better than stipple brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2011 9:50:00 AM More reviews by dv_27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Wow wow wow i love this pink sponge :) Stumbled upon this product accidently on youtube and started reading reviews here and decided to give this a try..i am no makeup expert mind you..but even i am amazed by the results. I used this with the MAC Studio Sculpt foundation and it applied like a dream, no streaks, makeup does'nt look caked on. Before this sponge i used to use ELF Studio Blush brush or my fingers..i felt it would not cover enough but after using this sponge i realise what i've been missing. Overall a biggggg YAY from me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2011 9:28:00 PM More reviews by AmandaEve011

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't express my love for this product enough. It IS way over priced (after all it's only a sponge) and I wish I knew how to make my own sponge but since I can't I will continue to buy it because there is no knock off that can do the job like this...definitely one of my favs.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2011 4:52:00 AM More reviews by rocksmom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I LOVE this little pink sponge. I use it for foundation, blush, and powder. I haven't noticed the problem that other people mentioned with it soaking up too much product. What I do notice is that my skin looks incredibly natural.

Currently I'm using it with Philosophy's Superbeautiful liquid foundation, Everyday Minerals blush, and Everyday Minerals sunlight powder. The coverage I get is sheer (although I'm guessing that's from the foundation, I'm probably going to try something with more coverage soon), natural looking coverage with no cakey or powdery look. The blush I think is almost the most impressive though. It applies very smooth and evenly giving that "glowing" look.

Needless to say I'm impressed and no longer feel guilty about spending nearly $20 on a sponge. No more application brushes for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2011 10:53:00 PM More reviews by Bjet

I.Love.This. I like this better than a foundation brush and slightly better than stippling brush. My foundation blends so well with this sponge whereas if i use a brush I may have streaks and sometimes when i stipple with a brush I feel like my make up is heavy and I'm using lots of product. However with this sponge I can hardly feel my make up on yet I get a pretty medium to heavy coverage. I use this with my colorstay foundation which i liked but when i used it with my beautyblender i loved my colorstay even more! I think that wetting the sponge helped me used less product and gave me the light feeling on my skin. I've already bought my 2nd one that comes with the cleanser (i had a sample of the cleanser with the first sponge and it was the only thing that could remove all foundation stains off the sponge)

Down side is it is very expensive and even more expensive because I had to pay for shipping!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2010 6:58:00 PM More reviews by LadyPeach

I love love LOVE the Beautyblender! I have many at home and I must say that this basically eliminated the use of my array of makeup brushes. This works great for any type of foundation as well as powder and cream blushes!
Just dampen the BB with a bit of water and blot out the excess, then stiple your foundation on! Leaves you looking so natural and fresh!
Clean up is a breeze as well! I bought the BlenderCleanser, however, I have found that antibacterial soap works just as great, if not better!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2010 1:11:00 PM More reviews by monica6338

This thing is great it take a little longer to put your foundation on but it makes any foundation look flawless <3

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2010 4:39:00 AM More reviews by annellelazatin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first review on MUA but I just have to share how much i love the beautyblender. First of all, the trick is to use it properly. It may look like an ordinary sponge but you cannot and i mean CANNOT apply foundation by swiping it on with the BB. You have to bounce the foundation on. I suggest you watch the youtube videos to get it right. Second, I find that it works best with cream or powder foundation. I just dip the BB into my MAC mineralize foundation or my Bare Escentuals foundation and it gives the most flawless finish. As for liquid foundation or tinted moisturizers, I find the beauty blender works best if i dot the foundation on my face with my fingers and use the BB to blend it out. This is the one item that has replaced my foundation brush and concealer brush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2010 11:54:00 AM More reviews by rockmom66

When I first seen this on Sephora.com, I thought it was a gimmick product, then I thought they want how much for a sponge ? I researched it, & decided to try it. I am glad I did. I can really notice a difference after using it. My skin looks smooth, & I think I actually use less foundation. Which in the long run, makes up for the cost of the blender. The shape is really nice for blending in the corner of the eyes.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2010 12:58:00 PM More reviews by wonderhj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I so so SO wanted to love this product. I was eyeing it for ages when I saw it on sale (for half the price!!!) and jumped on it! Of course, everyone wanted it because it was on sale so it was backordered and took some time to come to me but the anticipation just made it better.

The morning after I got it, I was actually excited to get up in the morning and try my beauty blender- this almost never happens LOL. When I wet the blender, it expanded which was kind of cool. But everyone is RIGHT. It sucks up a LOT of makeup. And the coverage is sheer sheer sheer. tsk, tsk. I normally prefer a sheer, natural makeup but it was too sheer- almost to the point of looking like a tinted moisturizer. I use Georgio Armani's shaping cream foundation or Chanel's Vitalumiere. I didn't want to dip the wet blender into my cream foundation so I decided to use my Chanel (they are both really expensive foundation) and let me tell you- other gals are right. It soaked up almost 3 times the amount of foundation that I would normally use. It's all very wasteful. My heart almost breaks because I wanted to love this so much and because I waited for it for so long ::sniff::

Because I only paid half the price for two beauty blenders, I don't think I'll be returning them. I am planning to go out and buy a drugstore full coverage foundation (one that won't make me cringe every time I pump out the foundation to dip the blender in -_-) and I'll report back. Others are saying that it works well with highlighters so we'll see about that too. But for now, I give this product a two star. I am so underwhelmed with this product, I would probably not buy it again, especially at full price.

ps: Whenever I wash the blender after using it, pink water comes out along with makeup... maybe it's because i am not using the washing solution that they also sell with the blender but it bothers me to know that somehow that pink stuff is going on my skin. I only had it for a week so maybe that is why it keeps bleeding pink when I wash it... I'll report back on this as well.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No