Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

4.2

on 5/19/2003 11:51:00 AM

Thanks to Bobbi Brown, I no longer need any other eyeliner! (Well, pencil for the inner rims of the eye is an execption) I used to use liquid, but it would always usually come off very easily, and smudge and overall look really gross... And then I finally decided to give this a try. It gives the look of a liquid, is very intense and does really stay put. I usually only use this as a very thin line at the base of the eyelashes, however it can also be used for a variety of looks: very thick and dramatic or demure for daytime. The lasting power is very good. It lasts the whole day with very minute or no sign of it coming off. If you happen to rub your eye, it will come off a bit but overall it is never noticable, since the pigmentation is so intense. I've never used the BB liner brush, but it does seem a little too thick. I use a very thin liner brush (like MAC #210) to apply it and it works the best for me. It gives me the best result. Overall, this is the best liner I have ever used. I recommend it to everyone, and I will never be able to go without this! For the price, you get a lot of product and I think it is fair. One pot will last quite a while.

on 4/23/2003 9:38:00 AM

Being totally new to eyeliners, I had tried MAC's eye kohls but they smudged after a couple of hours. After reading all the reviews Bobbi Brown got for her gel eyeliners, I decided to give it a try and wasn't disappointed. Apart from the price, everything else about this was great. It lasted the whole day on me without smudging and the color is such an intense black, which I love as I've black hair and really dark eyes. Eye makeup remover is a must to get all of it out properly. By the way, I didn't get the brush that goes with it because quite a few of the reviewers complained that it was too thick and after experimenting at the store, I'd to agree. I tried asking at MAC and the SA said I could try using a lip brush to apply it.

on 4/5/2003 12:45:00 PM

I'm in heaven! I hated using eye liner before trying these puppies. I usually just used a dark shadow to line, which is fine on more casual days. These gel inks are perfect for adding the drama I want for evening wear. Black Ink is the blackest black I've ever used on my eyes, akin to the black of mascara. I use it rarely on extra special occasions and it is soooo silky as it glides on--no tugging and pulling like with pencils, and no half-assed splotchy color as with some ink pens. The product has never dried out on me (gotta keep that cap on tight), and I find that the BB Ultra Fine Eye Liner Brush deposits just the right amount of color and, even more importantly, just the right width of line. I need a fine line or else I look a bit too, ahem ... wanna be Catherine Zeta Jones in Chicago. That ain't exactly a look that little old Polish me can pull off.

THe eyeliner states to be long wearing, but dont trust this b/c after 2 hours the eyeliner came off!if neone knows a great long wearing eyeliner thats waterproof and last all day email me @ qtkatie22@msn.com

on 3/17/2003 6:16:00 PM

i thought this only satisfactory. i paid $20 for it and i thought it damn well better be as good as everyone says so! well, i found that the color was not as pigmented as i thought, and i could never get it to look right (possibly the brush?). all in all, i think for $15 less i can get a wp liquid liner at the drugstore that does just as well.

on 3/17/2003 1:59:00 PM

I'm reviewing this for colour alone. Black Ink: the name says it all. This is a very intense black. I like black eyeliner against my dark hair, hazel eyes, and NC15 skin, but this was too much for me. It is a true, inky black that might look okay for nighttime (and even then applied in a very thin line), but it was much too harsh for daytime. I'd recommend Sepia or Granite instead; both are softer blacks that are infinitely more wearable for day.

on 3/16/2003 11:29:00 PM

i've tried just about every single eyeliner on the market and this is the one im definitely going to stick with. it delivers on its promise and doesn't smudge which is a major plus since i have a huge problem with smudging. every single eyeliner i've tried smears except for this! its versatile in that i can draw a thick cleopatra line, a smudgy one or a super fine one. it dries quickly so you need to work fast if you want a smudgy line though. just for reference, i use either the regular eyeliner brush or the superfine one, both from bobbibrown, and i usually line all around my eyes. pricey but worth every penny.

on 2/22/2003 4:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I loved the way it went on so smoothly and silky.So unique and better then traditional liquid or pencil,I dont know if I received a bad bottle or I am just overly sensitive with scents but my bottle smelled like paint.I could smell the chemicals in it while I had it on.

on 2/12/2003 12:36:00 PM

I love this! I think I prefer it over granite which looks sort of like an average grey on me. So far, I have this color, sepia, granite, and violet. Of the four, sepia and black are my faves. The only thing is that you can't be in a rush when using it. I like to make a neat fine line on the upperlids only that tails up at the end. Makes my brown eyes really stand out. Love it.

on 2/5/2003 1:06:00 PM

I asked people for a way to help eyeliner stay on oily lids and a ton of people rec. this. I read the reviews and had to try it. At first I was really worried about applying it because I'm used to pencils, but the saleslady taught me how to use a brush like a pencil and it's actually easier! And yes, on my super oily lids, this stayed on all day long. It's truly amazing. (I didn't buy the BB brush. The reviews for it wasn't that great and when I tried it at the counter, it didn't draw a truly fine line.)