January 25, 2015 | 2015 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2003 11:29:00 PM More reviews by daiquiri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i've tried just about every single eyeliner on the market and this is the one im definitely going to stick with. it delivers on its promise and doesn't smudge which is a major plus since i have a huge problem with smudging. every single eyeliner i've tried smears except for this! its versatile in that i can draw a thick cleopatra line, a smudgy one or a super fine one. it dries quickly so you need to work fast if you want a smudgy line though. just for reference, i use either the regular eyeliner brush or the superfine one, both from bobbibrown, and i usually line all around my eyes. pricey but worth every penny.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2003 4:52:00 AM More reviews by Serena77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I loved the way it went on so smoothly and silky.So unique and better then traditional liquid or pencil,I dont know if I received a bad bottle or I am just overly sensitive with scents but my bottle smelled like paint.I could smell the chemicals in it while I had it on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2003 12:36:00 PM More reviews by April2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this! I think I prefer it over granite which looks sort of like an average grey on me. So far, I have this color, sepia, granite, and violet. Of the four, sepia and black are my faves. The only thing is that you can't be in a rush when using it. I like to make a neat fine line on the upperlids only that tails up at the end. Makes my brown eyes really stand out. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2003 1:06:00 PM More reviews by Gracey_Lee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I asked people for a way to help eyeliner stay on oily lids and a ton of people rec. this. I read the reviews and had to try it. At first I was really worried about applying it because I'm used to pencils, but the saleslady taught me how to use a brush like a pencil and it's actually easier! And yes, on my super oily lids, this stayed on all day long. It's truly amazing. (I didn't buy the BB brush. The reviews for it wasn't that great and when I tried it at the counter, it didn't draw a truly fine line.)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2003 9:52:00 AM More reviews by Maxima9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I heard so many good things about this so I got it. Was surprised to see so little quantity for $18. Used a brand new thin liner brush and it went on very smoothly and looked nice.

It didn't take long to start smudging on my oily vanishing lids. It got so bad I started to look like I have huge dark circles then eventually I looked like a racoon.

If you have OILY AND VANISHING lids, don't buy this.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2003 11:24:00 PM More reviews by queenakrene

I tried this on and it did nothing for me. It has really cute packaging and the product will last you for a long time. On the other had it doesn't work for me. I wanted to love it so because of all the reviews, but I tried it on and walked around for an hour before I bought it and all I had to do was swipe my hand over it for the whole thing to wipe off. This is not a product for girls with oily lids.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2003 11:25:00 PM More reviews by Powhatten

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I know this took forever to finally release but I'm not impressed. For me, it does not have the control available to make the very fine line that practically sinks into my upper lashes. It is nonirritating and does stay on nicely.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2003 2:11:00 AM More reviews by laurier

I absolutely love this liner. I was suckered in and bought the ultra fine eyeliner brush too, and it makes all the difference. I used to swear by mac liners but after using the gel liners and having them last 12 hours i've decided to convert. this is a must. they are much softer than liquid liners, and do not smudge at all. i absolutely love this stuff. next on the list is sepia and violet.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2002 6:25:00 PM More reviews by KCP6

This eyeliner is very intense. It is easy to use and it lasts for the whole day. It is a high quality product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2002 12:05:00 AM More reviews by popochoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

love it...the perfect combination of liquid liner and pencil...it goes on a very rich black, and dries to a crisp perfect line...but if you prefer a softer look, just smudge it before it dries, and it becoms just as soft as a smudged pencil...it lasts all day, and i striggle to get it all off at the end o the day! i use this as a base for dark shadows and my tony&tina glitter pencil, because it makes everything last longer...try using it with a slightly damp brush to get the smoothest application.

UPDATE: This is better than Stila smudgepots for a crisper line. Stila is better for a softer line.