November 24, 2014 | 1225 users online

Masks - Aztec Secret - Indian Healing Clay

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2010 9:12:00 AM More reviews by mdbutee

I love this mask! It leaves my skin baby soft and I can customize my recipes to suit whatever my skin needs at any given time. My teenage daughter is also hooked on this stuff as it helps calm her acne flare ups. A staple for anyone serious about skincare.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2010 9:18:00 PM More reviews by birdiecat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this mask!!! It's very versatile and you can mix it with water, apple cider vinegar, honey, green tea, etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2010 7:15:00 AM More reviews by broberta

This is a great products. So cheap and much better than other mask I have tried. I have occassional hormonal breakouts - the cystic type that usually takes forever to go away and then always leave something behind. I can do spot treatments - mix with Braggs ACV and then leave on on all night and two days later gone - completely. Sometimes I use a few drops of tea tree oil. This is amazing. It is also great for all over mask. I have also used it with honey. It leaves skin so soft and glowing. Definitely HG product at a VERY reasonable cost.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2010 12:19:00 AM More reviews by AmCam28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I use this when my skin needs to be cleared up. It is time-consuming, so I don't use it too often, but it is worth it. I use it as directed, with equal parts clay and apple cider vinegar. I wear it until it dries, it really tightens to the point it almost hurts. After washing off with warm water, my skin is more smooth and less congested.

Packaging is decent for the price, the smell with the ACV dissipates, and it's really affordable (1 lb. for $6).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2010 5:55:00 PM More reviews by bellabambina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used this for years, I combine it with ACV and use it as a weekly mask. It is a vital part of my skincare routine, it brightens and clears my skin and keeps it from getting too oily and gross. A great cheap basic staple for oily-prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2010 5:51:00 PM More reviews by kailynnsmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Best for spot treating whiteheads, blackheads and cystic pus bumps.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2010 8:36:00 PM More reviews by queensurvey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this before reading the reviews here. I have been having hormonal acne for the last year and I couldn't find anything that would help...until now. Found this at the local health food store and decided to give it a try. WOW!!! It shrank my pores and did so much more. My skin is glowing. I will be keeping this around.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2009 5:48:00 PM More reviews by YellowroseofTexas

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure how I came across reviews for this product but I'm glad I did. I have battled blemished, hyper pigmentation, clogged pores etc.... for years so I'm always looking for ANYTHING to help my complexion.

After reading most of the reviews (while at work) I had to leave immediately and buy it. I found it at Vitamin Shoppe (or Vitamin Plus) for $5.99. Also bought the Bragg's ACV which I was a little.....unsure.....about......cause of the smell and wasn't sold on putting this on my face. But, I trust you guys and I did it. OMG! As many other have said it looks like stone when applied and dries almost as hard as stone. The ACV wasn't a turn off as I first thought. The 'sensation' takes a little getting use to and the second night I had to wash it off because it was to much. Anyway, I left it on for about 45 minutes. You sortof have to 'break through' the stone to wash it off but it's not really hard to remove. My skin was so soft. The next day my boss noticed a difference. (yeah, I'm bragging)

This stuff is amazing. I have no acne. My face is smooth. I do not have to blot as often during the day, maybe twice.

Guys if you have battled with skin issues give this a try. I will NEVER be without a tub of this miracle in a jar.

UPDATE: Today, I, YellowroseofTexas, got another compliment. A lady and I were talking and she said something about us being the same age (she's 32). I told her no, I'm 45. Ladies she said "oh, I thought you were much younger because your skin looks so "soft". I owe it to this product. I have battled with my skin for years and for me to get a compliment is amazing. Also, after using this my skin glows and looks so much 'fresher'.

continued >>

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2009 10:35:00 AM More reviews by starada

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product because of so many rave reviews about it. I have so many clogged pores under my lips and nose, so I would like to give this a try. I bought this at Healthy Options for $3 only. The tube is a bit messy when being opened because of the clay powder. I mix the Indian healing clay powder with ACV. I can not find honey that time so ACV is my only ingredient to try. I tried 1 tbsp of ACV and 1 tbsp of Indian healing clay, then mix. I don't know why other don't like the smell, but for me I really like it (maybe because I like vinegar so much, sour smell). The tube indicates that there is pulsating effect while the mud is drying out on your face and I've been waiting for that moment. After 15 minutes OMG!! I can really feel the pulsation in my cheeks, nose, chin, forehead, and neck (I applied mud mask in neck also)! Another 15 minutes pass by and I can now feel the mud mask tightening my face as it dries out and pulsation is still there. It's like the mud mask is massaging your face alone!!

I got curious what it looks like so I faced the mirror. OMG! My face looks like a stone! It's like I am Stone man (one of the characters in Fantastic four).

After 45 minutes, I wash it off with warm water and as expected, my face is bit red but gone after 30 minutes or less. I notice that my skin feels soft and smooth. A day after using the mask, I also notice that pimples on my cheek were gone and have an even facial tone.

I back read some reviews here and I see some 2-3 stars and they complain about the smell, the stingy sensation, and others. I can say that those who tried this out and gave 2 stars are the ones who don't like sacrificing in the name of beauty!!! Believe me, your sacrifice worth it!!

I will continue using this product.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2009 4:24:00 PM More reviews by gommiebears

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

What can I say, it does what it says. I have very acne-prone skin and this stuff seems to suck up the excess oils my face produces. I have tried using plain water and also apple cider vinegar (ACV) and both work equally well, although the ACV tends to sting a bit more on me since I use glycolic acid based products from time to time. I mixed some Neem powder and also some other Indian skin powder to make a herbal clay mask, with the ACV. My goodness it was strong, next time I will dilute the ACV with some water. But after 18 hours my face feels firmer. It was a beast to rinse off so I did it in the shower. Some of the active acne seemed to calmed down a bit so I will use this mix like twice a week.