October 25, 2014 | 1538 users online

Masks - Aztec Secret - Indian Healing Clay

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2010 8:36:00 PM More reviews by queensurvey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this before reading the reviews here. I have been having hormonal acne for the last year and I couldn't find anything that would help...until now. Found this at the local health food store and decided to give it a try. WOW!!! It shrank my pores and did so much more. My skin is glowing. I will be keeping this around.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2009 5:48:00 PM More reviews by YellowroseofTexas

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure how I came across reviews for this product but I'm glad I did. I have battled blemished, hyper pigmentation, clogged pores etc.... for years so I'm always looking for ANYTHING to help my complexion.

After reading most of the reviews (while at work) I had to leave immediately and buy it. I found it at Vitamin Shoppe (or Vitamin Plus) for $5.99. Also bought the Bragg's ACV which I was a little.....unsure.....about......cause of the smell and wasn't sold on putting this on my face. But, I trust you guys and I did it. OMG! As many other have said it looks like stone when applied and dries almost as hard as stone. The ACV wasn't a turn off as I first thought. The 'sensation' takes a little getting use to and the second night I had to wash it off because it was to much. Anyway, I left it on for about 45 minutes. You sortof have to 'break through' the stone to wash it off but it's not really hard to remove. My skin was so soft. The next day my boss noticed a difference. (yeah, I'm bragging)

This stuff is amazing. I have no acne. My face is smooth. I do not have to blot as often during the day, maybe twice.

Guys if you have battled with skin issues give this a try. I will NEVER be without a tub of this miracle in a jar.

UPDATE: Today, I, YellowroseofTexas, got another compliment. A lady and I were talking and she said something about us being the same age (she's 32). I told her no, I'm 45. Ladies she said "oh, I thought you were much younger because your skin looks so "soft". I owe it to this product. I have battled with my skin for years and for me to get a compliment is amazing. Also, after using this my skin glows and looks so much 'fresher'.

continued >>

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2009 10:35:00 AM More reviews by starada

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product because of so many rave reviews about it. I have so many clogged pores under my lips and nose, so I would like to give this a try. I bought this at Healthy Options for $3 only. The tube is a bit messy when being opened because of the clay powder. I mix the Indian healing clay powder with ACV. I can not find honey that time so ACV is my only ingredient to try. I tried 1 tbsp of ACV and 1 tbsp of Indian healing clay, then mix. I don't know why other don't like the smell, but for me I really like it (maybe because I like vinegar so much, sour smell). The tube indicates that there is pulsating effect while the mud is drying out on your face and I've been waiting for that moment. After 15 minutes OMG!! I can really feel the pulsation in my cheeks, nose, chin, forehead, and neck (I applied mud mask in neck also)! Another 15 minutes pass by and I can now feel the mud mask tightening my face as it dries out and pulsation is still there. It's like the mud mask is massaging your face alone!!

I got curious what it looks like so I faced the mirror. OMG! My face looks like a stone! It's like I am Stone man (one of the characters in Fantastic four).

After 45 minutes, I wash it off with warm water and as expected, my face is bit red but gone after 30 minutes or less. I notice that my skin feels soft and smooth. A day after using the mask, I also notice that pimples on my cheek were gone and have an even facial tone.

I back read some reviews here and I see some 2-3 stars and they complain about the smell, the stingy sensation, and others. I can say that those who tried this out and gave 2 stars are the ones who don't like sacrificing in the name of beauty!!! Believe me, your sacrifice worth it!!

I will continue using this product.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2009 4:24:00 PM More reviews by gommiebears

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

What can I say, it does what it says. I have very acne-prone skin and this stuff seems to suck up the excess oils my face produces. I have tried using plain water and also apple cider vinegar (ACV) and both work equally well, although the ACV tends to sting a bit more on me since I use glycolic acid based products from time to time. I mixed some Neem powder and also some other Indian skin powder to make a herbal clay mask, with the ACV. My goodness it was strong, next time I will dilute the ACV with some water. But after 18 hours my face feels firmer. It was a beast to rinse off so I did it in the shower. Some of the active acne seemed to calmed down a bit so I will use this mix like twice a week.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2009 1:06:00 PM More reviews by Jessiebanana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've absolutely never had anything work well on my cystic pimples that was easy. This is a good mask, but it's also a great spot treatment. I mean put it on a spot for 20-30 min, wash it off and the next day there a huge reduction and couple more days of it and it's gone. I'm super happy. I had no clue it would be that effective. I mix mine with ACV as per instructions. Also the price is unbeatable.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2009 7:37:00 PM More reviews by tokyorosa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is effective, inexpensive, no-frills beauty at its finest. I bought this stuff because it is pure, pure, pure. No hype or advertising. No preservatives or fragrances to irritate skin. No OTT claims about making me look 40% younger or making my wrinkles disappear.

This mask works! I mix it with a little water (because I despise vinegar), slather it on, read for half an hour, then chip it away and wash my face with warm water. After, my skin feels smoother and happier. What's not to love?

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2009 11:27:00 AM More reviews by kglewis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff!!! My face feels like I'm an newborn baby. My co-workers has not stopped paying me compliments today about how my skin is glowing. I can't wait to see if it really helps my acne breakouts. So far so good!!!!!!!!111

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2009 More reviews by autumnsdaughter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Best mask ever. I am so impressed with the versatility, strength, and effectiveness of this product. I first wrote it off because I tried it with water. Don't use water! It will just turn into sticky lumpy mud. When I used ACV, it turned into a foamy mousse. However, that mixture dried me out a bit too much. I have found the perfect recipe for my dry, sensitive, blackhead prone skin- 1 tbsp clay, 1 tbsp ACV, 1 tsp honey. This recipe will pull out blackheads, heal blemishes, improve my skintone, and not leave my skin bone dry. With the addition of honey, it is so gentle I can use it nightly. This is the most reliable skin care product I have ever used.

21 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2009 1:38:00 PM More reviews by OmToast

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have combo-to-oily skin that is usually kept pretty well in balance, however I've always been prone to hormonal breakouts, stress-related blotchiness, and pores that are larger than I'd ideally prefer. Under normal circumstances, I use this 1-2 times per week, more if my skin is staging some sort of aforementioned uprising. I mix with ACV and leave it on until almost totally dry and cracking, then remove with a steaming wash cloth to soften and a gentle massage therewith to completely remove the clay. Every single time I use it, I am shocked by the immediate and utter pore-less-ness of my face once the clay is off. It's crazy, and what's best: the effects last for several days, until it's time for another masking. If I have lots of time and a proclivity to pamper, I follow the mask with a moisture mask using Derma-e 12000IU moisture cream, which I then steam off in the shower. I find this really helps to soften (even more!) and reduce the redness that always accompanies the clay mask. I've paid for bentonite-based masks from numerous cosmetics/skincare companies, and this stuff is, hands down, the best. It's cheap, lasts a long time, and is kind of fun to concoct. Will definitely repurchase.

Oh -- annnnnnnd: it also works great, made into a slurry with jojoba oil, for daily cleansing. Light exfoliation, cleansing properties of the oil, and it really helps to emulsify the oil for easy rinsing. Lately this is the concoction I've been traveling with, rather than bringing my morning scrub and evening cleansing cream, and if I make it through another hormonal cycle with the same great results I've been getting it just may replace my Weleda cleansing lotion.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2009 12:08:00 AM More reviews by Autumn13

Wow! I can't believe that I haven't reviewed this one. I love this! I've been religiously using this mask for over a month and love it. Some days I make it thick so that I can peel it off piece by piece and Hoping that dirt and impurities would come off as well. But, probably doesn't. I mix my mask with vinegar as per instructions and add honey. I read that this was Cleopatra's favorite mixture. I find the honey soothing but the mask does not lose it's tighting power. It's great! I used it twice a week...the same days every week. I have plenty but have already purchase the big tub. I never want to run out of this great stuff. After the mask, my face feels really soft and smooth. It's been a part of my weekly ritual and more than likely to continue to be a part of it for a very long time. If you haven't tried it, give a shot since it looks like many MUAers have found other wonderful way to use it. It's cheap and it works. What's not to like. :-)