China Glaze Ruby Pumps

4.7

This color is so beautiful, and so unusual.The red glitter is really fine, and gives such a beautiful sparkle. I have yet to try this over black nail polish, but it looks fabulous over other reds!

Yes, unbelievably glittery and festive like for Christmas. Like you took a candy apple and dipped it in red glitter. I like how it dries smoother than most glitter polishes. It is a bit long to dry, but on acrylic nails that can be resolved with a topcoat. Also, I have not run into an issue with chipping. Would buy again!

I'm saying no I won't buy this again, but truly I'll have to see. I like the color itself a lot. But it takes FOREVER to dry, IMO. I've had it on my nails for an hour now and it's still a bit tacky (two coats). It does take two coats to cover well. I can see why people would want to use this over other polishes so it could be very useful as a supporting color. But it's really fun on the nails by itself and I would recommend it, regardless of the lukewarm rating I'm giving it.

I love this polish. It is the perfect red and it is packed with red glitter. It literally is Dorothy's shoes in polish form. Three coats give complete coverage but this also looks great over a red or black polish.
The only complaint I have about this one is that it is a pain to remove. But it is worth it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

I've been on a lifetime quest for the perfect red, and after reading the amazing reviews for Ruby Pumps I decided I simply must have some! I held my breath as the first coat went on - it seemed thin and watery, and more pink than red. In the end it took three coats to get the depth of colour on the bottle. I used OPI nail envy as a base and top coat, and this helped the colour last a week or more. The colour is just gorgeous, a real antidote to my collection of dark, vampy reds, which can seem a bit po-faced in comparison to the girly, flirty sparkle of Ruby Pumps. Holy Grail nail colour for sure - if I had one wish though, it would be for even MORE glitter! UPDATE: I've discovered this looks amazing if you put one coat over the top of a black polish - very diva, very glam... it actually emphasises the sparkle.

This looks like a deep red on me, and it's oozing with glitter. Very sparkly, and not at all like Essie's Ruby Slippers, which is more sheer and the glitter is more sparse. Ruby Pumps, from China Glaze's "Wizard of Ooh Ahz" collection, can go from summer to winter easily because of the deepness of the red. I would actually prefer it for the colder months. This wears impecably well after one coat, but two is what makes it great. The glitter here is chunky, but not as chunky as those from the other colors in the collection like "Dorothy Who?" and "Good Witch?". I would definitely continue to repurchase this color.

This is a gorgeous sparkly red polish. I only use it as a topcoat as it is too sheer and pinky alone, but over another red polish, it's just WOW! I'd repurchase this is a heartbeat, it's so, so pretty.

I asked about a glittery red polish on the boards, and this is what was recommended. LOVE this. In fact, I don't even want to wear another polish all summer -- this is perfect in every way. So far, I've only worn it on my toes, and I just love the way it looks. Price is right, too. Good stuff!!

In a word....WOW. What a gorgeous color! It really does feel like you are wearing Dorothy's slippers on your nails. I'm a fair skinned redhead, and this color looks wonderful on both tips and toes. For me, it's hard to find a great red that doesn't end up looking a little like a tomato, so I was very happy to find this shade. The glitter isn't too severe, just adds that extra touch.....very eye-catching! Definite repurchase.

I absolutely love this and I'd buy it again in a heartbeat (and I'm sure I will), but I have to agree with what other reviewers are saying about the wear. It does seem to chip much faster than other polishes, even with a top coat.

Oh well. I'll just continue to paint my nails with it and almost get in car accidents because I'm admiring their beautiful sparkly redness. If it didn't chip so much I think I'd wear it all the time.

Top Rated China Glaze Products