April 16, 2014 | 1986 users online

Polishes - China Glaze - Ruby Pumps

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2006 7:31:00 PM More reviews by Oleander

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This polish is just way cool. Makes your nails look like Dorothy's slippers from "The Wizard of Oz." Not a color I am wearing a lot on my hands (I did at Christmas time), but as a pedicure color, this will really put some zing in your step! I use one coat of Ruby Pumps on top of another similar red (such as OPI I'm Not Really a Waitress), and it's dazzling. I like that the glitter is small and doesn't make the surface of the nail all bumpy-looking, and I have had no trouble with the wear--lasts quite a while. So fun!!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2005 11:42:00 PM More reviews by Maverick8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This really is a gorgeous color...no question, hands down, it's THE best glittery red. BUT it chipped after only 2 days as a pedi. I figured it must be something I did, so I did a do-over and it chipped again in less than 2 days and it flaked off. I used the same base and top coat that I do when using OPI, Chanel, Revlon etc. which all last a month without chipping. Really it deserves 2 stars, but I gave 3 due to the color. I realize I'm in the minority, but I haven't had much luck with China Glaze. Application requires 3 coats and it is not a smooth application process for me. I am almost relieved as I can cross this brand off my addiction list!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2005 6:46:00 PM More reviews by dana

The name couldn't be more apt. It looks *exactly* like Dorothy's slippers. In fact, when I wore this on my tips for Christmas, people kept commenting that my nails looked like...Ruby Slippers. I have never received so many compliments as I have with this polish. The red glitter is fine so the whole nail just sparkles brilliantly. I can't say enough good things about this polish. The only problem I had with this polish is that it chipped easily on my nails, even with several layers of topcoat. I still gave it a 5 however, due to how gorgeous the color is.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2005 2:32:00 PM More reviews by BlueEyez259

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a wonderful glittery red shade that I prefer to wear on my toes. The only reason I took off a lippie is because it is somewhat difficult to remove this n/p because of the glitter. I like layering this over other red n/p because it is somewhat sheer on it's own. Definitely a fun shade!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2005 1:46:00 PM More reviews by randiu

This is a definite for red lovers! It's a ruby red and loaded with tons of sparkly red glitter. The glitter is smooth on it, and not rough like some glitter polishes. I had to use 3 coats to achieve the shade in the bottle though, and that's the only reason I'm giving this a 4 instead of 5. It was a little bit streaky, and applied extremely sheer. But after the 3rd coat it was gorgeous! Definately looks like Dorothy's shoes. I don't think it's too much for tips like some previous reviewers have noted. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2005 8:25:00 PM More reviews by ooliedonna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm a red polish freak, so I knew I had to try this one when I saw all the raves for it. This is not your everyday red with a bit of shimmer in it. It is one GLITTERY nail polish, it really is as sparkly as Dorothy's red slippers, so the name is totally appropriate! It appears to be a very sheer polish with lots of glitter in it (reminiscent of OPI's glitter topcoats from the holiday collection a few years back), and I needed 3 full coats to really make the color pop. One coat was streaky and see-through, and two wasn't quite the rich red in the bottle. Three had lots of color and dimension. Personally, I think it's too over the top for fingers, but it's a dazzler on the toes as long as you are not going for subtlety. It's a fun, gorgeous color, and a must for any red-polish-lovers collection, just not as versatile as other red polishes out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2005 10:36:00 PM More reviews by Mel_C_home

Beautiful ruby with glitter! This isn't as "wow" as I thought it would be since its such a nail board fav, but it is gorgeous and I won't part with it :)I can't wait to use this over the Christmas Holiday and Valentine's Day - perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2005 10:22:00 AM More reviews by timbuktu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A blazing ruby red with glitter that will knock your socks off. I put this on over OPI Romeo and Joliet the other day and it looked absolutely amazing -- my fingertips were sparkling just like Dorothy's fabled ruby slippers!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2005 7:01:00 PM More reviews by gigglemommy

oh yes i will buy this product again...and again...and again...lol! i can't really add anything to the previous posts, other than that this color is GORGEOUS over other red polishes! i love it over cg's visions of grandeur! one coat of that and one coat of this and you have a gorgeous deep red base with drop dead red sparkle. freaking awesome!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2005 6:55:00 AM More reviews by beauty_junkie_04

WOW!! I usually don't like glitter nail polish, but I caved and bought this because of the many raves on the Nail Board. I'm not disappointed at all for buying this! This has got to be the prettiest red polish I've ever seen!

Upon applying the first coat, I must say I wasn't impressed. It came out this sheer magenta with red glitter in it, and my first thought was, "Blech!". But I continued and applied a second coat, and that's when the RED pops out at you. No streaks, no see-through...just opaque ruby red glitter that sparkles like mad!

I'm tempted to think that three coats is really what's needed in order to achieve the true red of this nail polish, only because it's 90% glitter and 10% sheer red glaze...and the color needs to be built up in several coats. But it's soooo worth it! This polish really is beautiful! continued >>