December 20, 2014 | 1664 users online

Polishes - China Glaze - Ruby Pumps

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2006 11:14:00 AM More reviews by Cara_M

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a gorgeous sparkly red polish. I only use it as a topcoat as it is too sheer and pinky alone, but over another red polish, it's just WOW! I'd repurchase this is a heartbeat, it's so, so pretty.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2006 8:14:00 PM More reviews by Joanie41

I asked about a glittery red polish on the boards, and this is what was recommended. LOVE this. In fact, I don't even want to wear another polish all summer -- this is perfect in every way. So far, I've only worn it on my toes, and I just love the way it looks. Price is right, too. Good stuff!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2006 4:09:00 AM More reviews by Canuck317

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

In a word....WOW. What a gorgeous color! It really does feel like you are wearing Dorothy's slippers on your nails. I'm a fair skinned redhead, and this color looks wonderful on both tips and toes. For me, it's hard to find a great red that doesn't end up looking a little like a tomato, so I was very happy to find this shade. The glitter isn't too severe, just adds that extra touch.....very eye-catching! Definite repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2006 6:27:00 PM More reviews by mizsockmonkey

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this and I'd buy it again in a heartbeat (and I'm sure I will), but I have to agree with what other reviewers are saying about the wear. It does seem to chip much faster than other polishes, even with a top coat.

Oh well. I'll just continue to paint my nails with it and almost get in car accidents because I'm admiring their beautiful sparkly redness. If it didn't chip so much I think I'd wear it all the time.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2006 10:57:00 AM More reviews by scotpaulabear

Totally agree with the "ruby slippers" comparison - I felt very sexy and shimmery with this on! I've only used it so far as a topcoat (most recently with Opi I'm Not Really a Waitress - thanks to everyone who gave me that idea!) and I got tons of compliments. Lots of fun, easy to put on and not that hard to take off. I'd definitely get this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2006 12:26:00 AM More reviews by fivezero

Like other reviewers have said, it really does look just like the ruby slippers from The Wizard of Oz! This is the nicest glitter polish I've ever used - it goes on really smoothly, the glitter is evenly distributed, and it lasted about 4 days on my toes before chipping (no top coat used). I've touched up the minor chips and it still looks as shiny as ever!

Pics:Nails

By the way, here is a round-up of the Ruby Slipper nail polishes I've tried:China Glaze - Ruby PumpsThe ultimate in red glitter. Gorgeous ruby red with red glitter aplenty. Perfect ChG application, as always.Color Club - Ruby SlipperThis is more red glitter with red nail polish added to it, rather than the other way around. A metric assload of glitter.Avon - Nailwear - Ruby SlipperBeautiful neutral red with loads of fine red and silver microglitter, making it a tip colour for the less daring.Maybelline - Wet Shine Diamonds - Cherry CaratsA pinker red with pretty red glitter. Not quite as blingy as ChG's, but perfect if you were wanting a pinker red.Sally Hansen - Magical Nail Makeup - Ruby SlipperDo not be fooled. This is peeeeeeenk. But with holographic glitter, so it's all good.Essie - Ruby SlippersProbably the worst of the lot, even though SH's isn't even red. This is like a failed batch of ChG Ruby Pumps, before they discovered the fab formula #409 that became ChG Ruby Pumps. Essie's glitter is haphazard and doesn't spread out evenly. I love Essie, but this was a bummer. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2006 7:31:00 PM More reviews by Oleander

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This polish is just way cool. Makes your nails look like Dorothy's slippers from "The Wizard of Oz." Not a color I am wearing a lot on my hands (I did at Christmas time), but as a pedicure color, this will really put some zing in your step! I use one coat of Ruby Pumps on top of another similar red (such as OPI I'm Not Really a Waitress), and it's dazzling. I like that the glitter is small and doesn't make the surface of the nail all bumpy-looking, and I have had no trouble with the wear--lasts quite a while. So fun!!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2005 11:42:00 PM More reviews by Maverick8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This really is a gorgeous color...no question, hands down, it's THE best glittery red. BUT it chipped after only 2 days as a pedi. I figured it must be something I did, so I did a do-over and it chipped again in less than 2 days and it flaked off. I used the same base and top coat that I do when using OPI, Chanel, Revlon etc. which all last a month without chipping. Really it deserves 2 stars, but I gave 3 due to the color. I realize I'm in the minority, but I haven't had much luck with China Glaze. Application requires 3 coats and it is not a smooth application process for me. I am almost relieved as I can cross this brand off my addiction list!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2005 6:46:00 PM More reviews by dana

The name couldn't be more apt. It looks *exactly* like Dorothy's slippers. In fact, when I wore this on my tips for Christmas, people kept commenting that my nails looked like...Ruby Slippers. I have never received so many compliments as I have with this polish. The red glitter is fine so the whole nail just sparkles brilliantly. I can't say enough good things about this polish. The only problem I had with this polish is that it chipped easily on my nails, even with several layers of topcoat. I still gave it a 5 however, due to how gorgeous the color is.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2005 2:32:00 PM More reviews by BlueEyez259

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a wonderful glittery red shade that I prefer to wear on my toes. The only reason I took off a lippie is because it is somewhat difficult to remove this n/p because of the glitter. I like layering this over other red n/p because it is somewhat sheer on it's own. Definitely a fun shade!