Dior Diorskin Airflash

3.9

Butane, Aqua (Water), Cyclopentasiloxane, Propane, Nylon-12, Cocoglycerides, Sodium Lactate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Glycerin, Caprylyl Dimethicone Ethoxy Glucoside, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Aluminum/Magnesium Hydroxide Stearate, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Silica, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Potassium Sorbate, Propylparaben, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Parfum (Fragrance), Zinc Stearate, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Tocopherol, Benzyl Salicylate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hydroxycitronellal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene, Carboxaldehyde, Citronellol.

If you need serious coverage I don't recommend this. But if you would love to mist on your foundation a little bit at a time for a smooth finish, try it. My first gripe is it's sooo expensive, at $60 for an aerosol can with nothing special about the packaging. It also requires careful application, and doesn't really save any time compared to smoothing on liquid or powder foundation. If you can find a color match it does look lovely, smooth, and flawless. I don't think I would use it everyday, and it's not something you can keep with you in a car or take on a plane, since it's a pressurized can. continued >>

on 9/4/2006 12:29:00 AM

I love this foundation.I love the coverage!The application method is a breeze!I just spray it on and let it dry.I don't pat,press or rub it into the skin.I'm using 200#.This could be classed as a HG along with Prescriptives Flawless Finish foundation.

on 8/25/2006 1:54:00 AM

I bought this for my wedding, and I think it is going to work beautifully, I tried it out a Sephora and wore it all afternoon and it was flawless all day. I don't think i'd wear this everyday, as I don't wear alot of heavy make up but for what I need it for its perfect. I will update this after my wedding.

on 7/30/2006 2:56:00 PM

It is so amazing ,flawless and perfect for a event where photos are taken.I see manypeople are not using it correctly .You should wear a headband and remove jewelery spray and do not rub in. Let it dry and just like any foundation you need to add dimension with concealer and or bronzer .You also should use a rich moisturizer underneath .I think any one who loves to look flawless should use this product.

on 7/1/2006 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Some of the reviews here really surprise me. I'm 35 and have tried quite a few foundations in my time. This one is just heavenly as far as I'm concerned. The color is perfect. I use the 200. And its so light I didn't think it would cover anything. But it does! And beautifully. I haven't tried ERA yet, I actually thought this was the stuff Carmindy uses on What Not To Wear. Also to note, I don't spray this all over my face I use it in the lines beside my nose where it gets a little red, on my cheeks and chin and a bit on my forehead. I spray a little in each spot then run it in. I'm not sure I'd even try misting it all over. It seems like I'd waste a lot of product, espeicially considering I only need a little bit in each area. I may have just gotten lucky enough to find a perfect color match for my skin. But in general, I think its a superior product.

on 6/27/2006 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a really nice product. I am a big fan of ERA spray on foundation but find this much easier to use (finer mist) and a whole lot less messy. ERA might be a tad more long lasting but I am not sure if that is simply due to using more of it.

For those that are having trouble with settling into fine lines - I suggest using the ERA method - which is to wait ten seconds or so, then lightly buff the foundation with a velour puff. THis works especially well on the undereye area

on 5/30/2006 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS!!! THIS IS MY HG FOUNDATION!~!!! to begin with i am a MAC NC25 i have v little blemishes only a few freckles.. to begin with the is v light it doesnt suffocate ur skin n it gives a v dewy yet not shiny finish... it makes ur skin look fresh n dusting some loose powder makes it even better i can attain flawless skin!!! i am using 200 n it blends in v well what can i say? i cant praise enough of this!!! i am so in love!!!!

on 5/20/2006 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hate to be one of the few low-lipstick voters here, but I would hate for someone else to waste $60 on this. I loved Sally Hansen's Spray on Foundation but I have trouble finding it in stock, so I thought higher end would mean better ingredients / better color matches, etc - ha! If you're anything darker than tan or if you're super pale the four shades this comes in probably won't match you, so that leaves out a good deal of the world. I'm NC40-42 and Honey the darkest shade was a bit too light for me. Tried layering it, still no go. On top of that, the smell was too perfumey. Even if I could find a perfect match I don;t think I would want to blast myself in the face with something that smells like a flower garden every day. The can is small, super small for $60. Ended up ditching this and buying Classified Cosmetics Era Spray on Foundation in Y5 - still expensive but a perfect match, no smell and I don't need to layer it on. continued >>

on 3/31/2006 11:55:00 AM

Girls you really have to listen to this... this product is HARMFUL for your skin! I am not kidding you! I bought into the hype, and shelled the extra euros for what i thought would be my HG. It effect, this presents itself as a spray can, that diffuses a mist of foundation. The pros are : if well applied nice "airbrushed" results. The cons are : smell (*VERY* perfumy) and the application (quite tricky if you want to spray it on your face, you have to be careful with hairline/brows, etc....) AND what it does to your skin : aka worsens wrinkles!!!! I'm not kidding! I'm only 25 years old, so I really don't have any wrinkles to speak of, but rather some "expression lines" around eyes and forhead. I have been using airflash for about 4 weeks. The other day, I was outside and saw a reflection of myself : the *shock* : I could see fine lines!!!!!! At first I blamed natural aging, but then again one doesn't age naturally in 4 weeks at 25!!! So I decided to find the culprit it my skincare routine : switched moisturizer. didn't improve condition. switched cleanser. neither. Then I decided to stop using airflash. well........... it has been exactly 2 and 1/2 weeks I've stop, and the fine lines have nearly disapeared!!!! So airflash *was* the culprit, and honestly it really isn't a surprise. Sure the mist is nice, gives a sort of flawless look, but on the other hand if you don't moisturizer it is *very* drying. Plus If you read the ingredients they are ***far*** from tlc for skin (ZERO emollients, antioxydant or even *sun protection*). Would I spend 40+ euros (about 60 dollars) on a perfumy spray foundation that worsens my "expression lines" just for the sake of a *perhaps* even look? NO WAY!!! Your skin is worth FAR MORE!!! There are other foundations out there that are actually if not neutral, beneficial for your skin!

on 3/25/2006 1:18:00 PM

If I had to choose my top 5 fave beauty products, this would definitely make the top of the cut. Airflash is by far the best foundation I have ever used. I like my skin looking quite natural, and this gives just the natural but flawless finish I am after. I find the product incredibly easy to use. I just spray across my face in a zig-zag shape and pat. My skin still looks really fresh hours after application! This is great because you can layer it on, you can start with just a thin layer and add more during the day or in the evening if you feel the need.
The only problem I have with Airflash is that the small can runs out very very quickly and is quite expensive. But overall a great find!