December 18, 2014 | 1392 users online

Liquid - Dior - Diorskin Airflash

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2005 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Lynsi01

I bought this for my wedding day. I had a mini makeover at Sephora a few weeks before and they used this. I like the idea of airbrushing at home, but after trying Era's Classified Cosmetics foundation and Sally Hansen's I was very disappointed. They both broke me out and looked just awkward. Dior's version is truly airbrush technology. It covers everything and looks like nothing. But you have this ethereal glow. I spray it on in a zigzag and press a poofy sponge (actually the one that came with Classified's) to set it. This is the first foundation I have ever been able to use without finishing powder. And it stays on alllllllllll day. I took it with to Cancun to put it up to the heat, and it performed beautifully. And even though I got tan, the color 200 still worked! I think it suits nearly every skintone! I am flawless when I wear this, period. And no breakouts! EDIT: 2/11/07 I bought this again after Sephora put it back out on their shelves. I guess Dior changed the package a little, the nozzle looks different. For some reason it doesn't seem to be working as well as it used to, it seems more cakey and dry. I'll try it without my primer and see if that helps. It could also just be my skin being difficult. EDIT: 2/18/07 OK, so apparently this foundation works best on bare skin. I had been using Clarins Modern Makeup Base with this and it got all icky looking. I quit using the MMB and it works beautifully again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2005 5:21:00 PM More reviews by cuchaca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not a great range of colors but the coverage is quite amazing. i have oily skin with acne scars & this did a great job covering but not masking at all. feels incredibly light & has good staying power. though i think it's a revolutionary product, i wouldn't purchase again due to the lack of shades available. best for normal/oily skins looking for moderate coverage & lucky is the girl who finds her exact shade.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2005 11:16:00 AM More reviews by nutsaboutmakeup

Since I am a sucker for packaging, I had to check this out. Comes in a can form that is similar to the Sally Hansen foundation spray can. Now I thought it would be a quick way to put on foundation in the mornings when rushing...just spray and go...but its actually more time consuming. I have to put on a head band to avoid getting foundation on my hair, wrap a towel around my chest & i have to clean off the foundation on my brows and lips. one way to avoid all this hassle is to spray on a sponge & spread it on your face, thats what the ma suggested...Dont really like the fact that I cant tell when the product runs outs either.

The formula is actually a liquid (but not the runny type of liquid) that dries to a powder finish really fast - so you gotta be quick to blend but you do save on the powder. Coverage wise its pretty heavy coverage. Definitely say it gives a flawless finish. I tested this and Diorskin Pure Light on my hand. This covered my greenish veins while I could still see my veins under the Diorskin.

I wont repurchase cos I have no need for a heavy coverage foundation. Actually i have no need for a foundation...just got sucked in by the packaging...but choosing between this and Diorskin Pure Light...I will repurchase Diorskin Pure light cos i prefer light/sheer stuff on my face & Diorskin has SPF 15(I think) while Airflash doesnt have SPF. continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2005 8:10:00 AM More reviews by BEVERLYS

An outstanding foundation, and hands-down the best one I've ever used.. though I wish it wasn't as it's really pricey :X

This comes in a metal spray can-bottle which you shake before applying. I put my hair into a showercap so it doesn't get into my hair.. apart from that, I find the spray just find, it's quite directed and doesn't go all over the place like you would expect. When I used it the first 2-3 times, it took a while to get the hang of it.. I'd either spray too much or too little. Finally, I learnt the best for me was just to spray about 10" away from my face and make sure I close my eyes but don't squish them up (or the spray will be uneven). I also make sure the last bit of the spray gently passes over my neck, to make it match my face.

Afterwards, I just leave it for about 10 seconds to 'set', then take a look in the mirror. After a couple of times, I didn't even need to touch my face to blend afterwards - it just looked perfect without having to blend or rub it in! The foundation 'melts' into the skin and gives fantastic coverage, yet you can't feel it on your skin, like you would a liquid/cream foundation. It's hard to describe, the texture is just lovely!

Longevity wise - I have combination skin that gets oily on the t-zone by noon. This really keeps it at bay and I don't have to blot until about 3pm, which is pretty amazing. Also, the BEST part is that when I remove it with makeup remover on a cotton pad, the cotton pad shows the foundation on it when I swipe it over my face. Frankly, when I clean my face of any other foundation, the cotton pad doesn't show the foundation on it - a testament to the fact that the foundation wore off during the day!! This one simply just STAYS PUT.

All in all, I love this and would most definitely repurchase when I run out. I don't even reach for the rest of my makeup anymore!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2005 5:36:00 PM More reviews by cucas87

Sad to say this didn't work for me. I have pale skin, freckles, rosacea and dark undereye circles. I usually wear either Laura Mercier powder foundation (#2) or Diorskin Matte (the compact/powder) in 202. I tried the Airflash in 200. It's easy to apply and I can see how the coverage is natural and dewy. But I didn't get enough coverage and needed to apply powder fairly heavily on top of it. Maybe if there were more shades I'd have found a better match, but the 300 is too dark for my skin. Also, the amount of product you get for the price isn't so great (!), and I'm not thrilled that due to the packaging you can't tell how much is left. This is worth a try, but for me, the ERA Face provided better coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2005 5:02:00 PM More reviews by BreatheMakeup

I love this!! I wish I didn't though. I shelled out 60 bucks for this!! The finish is semi-matte and it makes your skin dewy and fresh. I have this in 300 and I'd recommend this to anyone who doesn't mind the price or the spray method. I wish they had more color selection. In comparison to Era Classified Spray Foundation, AifFlash beats it by a mile. One drawback is that I wish they put more of the stuff in there. Era has 2.25 ounce while AirFlash only has 1.7 ounce, for 60 bucks that's not really much, and it won't last as long for some people. All in all, a wonderful product and it's worth the money.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2005 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Tuscana

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Once I tried out this mist-on foundation (Dior's Diorskin Airflash), I haven't stopped wearing it every single day since. I am completely amazed at how flawless this makes my skin look, yet it's so sheerly applied. The finish is semi-matte and it gives me a subtle glow ... dewy, not oily.

I wear an old ugly shower cap to apply, just to help keep the spray off my hair (although the overspray is easily brushed away); and if I'm not in my undies, I wear an old towel draped across my chest and shoulders. It covers so well, you can also let it stand in as an eye shadow primer ... even a lipstick primer ... even an eyelash primer! Just my choice, I apply a lip balm first, just so I can more easily wipe away the foundation (but you don't need to). It's very much your choice.

You shake the can well, hold it about 12 inches out from your face, and quickly spray. I think I do a sort of S-motion. Over a short time, you'll know just how much to spray; sometimes I come back for a quick extra shot at my nose area. I quickly wipe most of it off my eye brows, and smooth it under my eyes. This works so well that I don't use Corrector under my eyes (to hide dark circles); I still use a touch of Concealer in the inner and outer corners (but that's just my particular eye shape needs). Also, I no longer use any blemish concealer, as this coverage is so amazing. It really does look like your face was airbrushed and you have a blank palette for applying the rest of your makeup. There's no cakiness ... just beautiful skin.

As for shades, so far (this is so new at the time of this writing) I can't tell if there are just the few shades or only the few that I've seen. In MAC, I'm an NC25 without a tan and in Bobbi Brown, I'm a Beige. I bought this in 300 - Medium Beige; it's a near match. I was concerned that the 200 - Light Beige would be too light. I think a perfect match for me would be somewhere between the two shades but so far, I can't tell if there *are* any in-between shades. Nevertheless, this is probably only a difference that I notice and it certainly doesn't look odd ... I'm just very particular.

Another benefit in my case is that I don't need to apply a moisturizer first. My skin is super oily but I often apply a moisturizer before foundations simply to get *slip* (so the foundation spreads easily). Well ... with this product, I simply spray and I'm done, no smoothing out needed. As I haven't added moisturizer, I find I'm blotting less than usual throughout the day.

Each day without fail, the foundation has held up all day with no touch-ups needed. The product is expensive but as I use such a teensy amount, it may just come out to not be as costly as one might think. As it's a mist-on, there's no exposing the product to the air so again, this may last quite a while. I won't say I will neglect my other beloved foundations, but this is so amazing I cannot quit using it. You really need to try this to see if it provides a number of solutions for you. I'm thrilled with the product and will absolutely buy it again.

continued >>

23 out of 25 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2005 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Pamela2774

This is probably the best foundation I have ever used. Lovely coverage which is adjustable. Leaves a dewy finish and requires only a small amount of powder to touch up during the day and amazingly it does seem to last all day. It felt so light that I didn't feel as though I was wearing any foundation. I also noticed that my eye make up stayed on longer when using this foundation.....Now for the bad news...The can lasted 10 days !!!!!! After paying £26 for this in Boots I was at least expecting a couple of months out of it. I was using it every day but did not apply loads, just sprayed it on using the zig zag method that the MA advised followed by one quick spray on my t zone. If I ever win the lottery I will be using this every day...until then it's back to Estee Lauder Double Wear.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2005 1:57:00 AM More reviews by declore

lovely product and easy to apply.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2005 10:18:00 PM More reviews by vophsi12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is awesome! I really didn't expect to like it. I recently finished using the new ultr-mat compact by dior which i hate because it doesn't control oil and it gets heavy and cakey. So, i like this because you can build the coverage, and it never looks cakey. the finish is a semi-matte natural glowy healty look. just what i've been looking for. all i suggest is that you wear a hair band right under the hair line to keep product from coating the hair. it dries fast and last all day and suprising, though it doesn't make any claims, keeps oil from seeping through.