Dior Diorskin Airflash

3.9

Butane, Aqua (Water), Cyclopentasiloxane, Propane, Nylon-12, Cocoglycerides, Sodium Lactate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Glycerin, Caprylyl Dimethicone Ethoxy Glucoside, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Aluminum/Magnesium Hydroxide Stearate, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Silica, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Potassium Sorbate, Propylparaben, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Parfum (Fragrance), Zinc Stearate, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Tocopherol, Benzyl Salicylate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hydroxycitronellal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene, Carboxaldehyde, Citronellol.

on 1/31/2006 2:39:00 PM

This foundation is wonderful. After getting the knack, I don't have to cover my hair or clothes. It takes very little product for good coverage. I would say a can lasts around 2 months and that's using it every day. I like it much better than ERA. I think it's the delivery system. This is a much finer mist. Then I use ERA Rayz bronzer in the lightest shade. I spray it on a puffy sponge and dab on my cheeks and across my nose.
I am so happy with the Dior that I bought 4 more to make sure I always have it.

on 12/20/2005 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this foundation. It s so easy to work with. I bought it aprox 1 months ago and at the beginning was a bit difficult. I use an old cap to protect my hair, although now i think i can do it without it, the only concern are the eyes. Mine are very sensitive and i protect them with 2 cotton pads. It s quite expensive because you get to spray also the sourrounding area. Don't know how much is left in mine, but i used it daily except the sundays. I would like to last at least 3 months, then it worths, otherwise to expensive for me. I will buy it anyway to have it always in case of emergency.

- I like that i dont need to touch my face (so the sunscreen applied under, will stay on)
- You are ready in 2 sec

on 12/12/2005 9:18:00 AM

the idea is great.... a mist foundation that spreads out on the whole face...... and the first impression is great too; however, as long as you use it you discover that it is not so ever-lasting and doesn't give a good coverage unless you use all the bottle. Anyhow, if you want to use it please remember NEVER USE IT UNDER THE EYES because the alcoohol and the other chemicals contained in the spray are extremely drying on that sensitive area so that the wrinkles are enhanced and even new wrinkles can appear! This way you risk to have your face in two different colours, unless you find a concealer that is exactly the same

I use this sparingly because it's so expensive. It'll last quite a while b/c you need very little of it, and it's in an aerosol so there's very little chance of contamination. I was very surprised and pleased by it's opaque coverage. Though opaque, it's not cakey. I don't spray it all over my face b/c it'll settle into my lines and get in my hair/eyebrows/eyelashes/lips, but it's is WONDERFUL for scarring and acnes marks. If I use concealer on the dark marks, it'll turn out thick like plaster or the mark will still show. But I apply foundation, and instead of using concealer on the marks, I just spray it once or twice and apply a very fine but opaque layer of foundation to cover it. I let it dry a bit, and then blend it with a sponge.

on 10/15/2005 7:38:00 AM

The Pros: this is a hi-tech, completely different, foundation that delivers product very finely and evenly with a spray. (Blended foundation just looks so uneven after you've tried this.) Provides good coverage for zit marks. You can do it in seconds flat and walk around to do other stuff for it to dry a bit. Lasts very well through the day - although dryness might appear under the foundation at the end of the day. Great for glam events.

The Cons: (i) It's not easy getting the stuff just below your eye, what with your lashes in the way, too. The thing gets on your eye brows, eye lashes and lips - you can wipe it off your lips and brows but not the lashes. If you like how it works as a base for your lipstick and mascara, fine, but not if you don't have time to apply either before rushing out of the door. (ii) it flattens your face out, so as a rather flat-featured Asian, I've problems - it helps a little though if you use a liquid highlighter on the bridge and under the eye etc before and after the thing. I find it hard to get the product on the sides of my nose but others might have no problems with that, depending on the shape of their nose I assume ... (iii) it's hard to dab on a little more after the fact - first, it's hard to try to spray a small amt on your hand, and the set stuff on your face seems unbudgeable. (iv) Don't spray too much or it cracks and comes off like a piece of peeled paint on contact!

on 10/12/2005 10:12:00 AM

I'm not a big foundation user so thought this would be a good idea. I quite liked the way it settled on the face and it didn't budge all day. However it's quite tricky to apply as you need to close your eyes and spray.

on 10/1/2005 4:14:00 PM

I bought this for my wedding day. I had a mini makeover at Sephora a few weeks before and they used this. I like the idea of airbrushing at home, but after trying Era's Classified Cosmetics foundation and Sally Hansen's I was very disappointed. They both broke me out and looked just awkward. Dior's version is truly airbrush technology. It covers everything and looks like nothing. But you have this ethereal glow. I spray it on in a zigzag and press a poofy sponge (actually the one that came with Classified's) to set it. This is the first foundation I have ever been able to use without finishing powder. And it stays on alllllllllll day. I took it with to Cancun to put it up to the heat, and it performed beautifully. And even though I got tan, the color 200 still worked! I think it suits nearly every skintone! I am flawless when I wear this, period. And no breakouts! EDIT: 2/11/07 I bought this again after Sephora put it back out on their shelves. I guess Dior changed the package a little, the nozzle looks different. For some reason it doesn't seem to be working as well as it used to, it seems more cakey and dry. I'll try it without my primer and see if that helps. It could also just be my skin being difficult. EDIT: 2/18/07 OK, so apparently this foundation works best on bare skin. I had been using Clarins Modern Makeup Base with this and it got all icky looking. I quit using the MMB and it works beautifully again.

on 9/6/2005 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Not a great range of colors but the coverage is quite amazing. i have oily skin with acne scars & this did a great job covering but not masking at all. feels incredibly light & has good staying power. though i think it's a revolutionary product, i wouldn't purchase again due to the lack of shades available. best for normal/oily skins looking for moderate coverage & lucky is the girl who finds her exact shade.

Since I am a sucker for packaging, I had to check this out. Comes in a can form that is similar to the Sally Hansen foundation spray can. Now I thought it would be a quick way to put on foundation in the mornings when rushing...just spray and go...but its actually more time consuming. I have to put on a head band to avoid getting foundation on my hair, wrap a towel around my chest & i have to clean off the foundation on my brows and lips. one way to avoid all this hassle is to spray on a sponge & spread it on your face, thats what the ma suggested...Dont really like the fact that I cant tell when the product runs outs either.

The formula is actually a liquid (but not the runny type of liquid) that dries to a powder finish really fast - so you gotta be quick to blend but you do save on the powder. Coverage wise its pretty heavy coverage. Definitely say it gives a flawless finish. I tested this and Diorskin Pure Light on my hand. This covered my greenish veins while I could still see my veins under the Diorskin.

I wont repurchase cos I have no need for a heavy coverage foundation. Actually i have no need for a foundation...just got sucked in by the packaging...but choosing between this and Diorskin Pure Light...I will repurchase Diorskin Pure light cos i prefer light/sheer stuff on my face & Diorskin has SPF 15(I think) while Airflash doesnt have SPF. continued >>

on 7/21/2005 8:10:00 AM

An outstanding foundation, and hands-down the best one I've ever used.. though I wish it wasn't as it's really pricey :X

This comes in a metal spray can-bottle which you shake before applying. I put my hair into a showercap so it doesn't get into my hair.. apart from that, I find the spray just find, it's quite directed and doesn't go all over the place like you would expect. When I used it the first 2-3 times, it took a while to get the hang of it.. I'd either spray too much or too little. Finally, I learnt the best for me was just to spray about 10" away from my face and make sure I close my eyes but don't squish them up (or the spray will be uneven). I also make sure the last bit of the spray gently passes over my neck, to make it match my face.

Afterwards, I just leave it for about 10 seconds to 'set', then take a look in the mirror. After a couple of times, I didn't even need to touch my face to blend afterwards - it just looked perfect without having to blend or rub it in! The foundation 'melts' into the skin and gives fantastic coverage, yet you can't feel it on your skin, like you would a liquid/cream foundation. It's hard to describe, the texture is just lovely!

Longevity wise - I have combination skin that gets oily on the t-zone by noon. This really keeps it at bay and I don't have to blot until about 3pm, which is pretty amazing. Also, the BEST part is that when I remove it with makeup remover on a cotton pad, the cotton pad shows the foundation on it when I swipe it over my face. Frankly, when I clean my face of any other foundation, the cotton pad doesn't show the foundation on it - a testament to the fact that the foundation wore off during the day!! This one simply just STAYS PUT.

All in all, I love this and would most definitely repurchase when I run out. I don't even reach for the rest of my makeup anymore!

Video Reviews & Tutorials