Dior Diorskin Airflash

3.9

Butane, Aqua (Water), Cyclopentasiloxane, Propane, Nylon-12, Cocoglycerides, Sodium Lactate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Glycerin, Caprylyl Dimethicone Ethoxy Glucoside, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Aluminum/Magnesium Hydroxide Stearate, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Silica, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Potassium Sorbate, Propylparaben, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Parfum (Fragrance), Zinc Stearate, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Tocopherol, Benzyl Salicylate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hydroxycitronellal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene, Carboxaldehyde, Citronellol.

on 3/31/2006 11:55:00 AM

Girls you really have to listen to this... this product is HARMFUL for your skin! I am not kidding you! I bought into the hype, and shelled the extra euros for what i thought would be my HG. It effect, this presents itself as a spray can, that diffuses a mist of foundation. The pros are : if well applied nice "airbrushed" results. The cons are : smell (*VERY* perfumy) and the application (quite tricky if you want to spray it on your face, you have to be careful with hairline/brows, etc....) AND what it does to your skin : aka worsens wrinkles!!!! I'm not kidding! I'm only 25 years old, so I really don't have any wrinkles to speak of, but rather some "expression lines" around eyes and forhead. I have been using airflash for about 4 weeks. The other day, I was outside and saw a reflection of myself : the *shock* : I could see fine lines!!!!!! At first I blamed natural aging, but then again one doesn't age naturally in 4 weeks at 25!!! So I decided to find the culprit it my skincare routine : switched moisturizer. didn't improve condition. switched cleanser. neither. Then I decided to stop using airflash. well........... it has been exactly 2 and 1/2 weeks I've stop, and the fine lines have nearly disapeared!!!! So airflash *was* the culprit, and honestly it really isn't a surprise. Sure the mist is nice, gives a sort of flawless look, but on the other hand if you don't moisturizer it is *very* drying. Plus If you read the ingredients they are ***far*** from tlc for skin (ZERO emollients, antioxydant or even *sun protection*). Would I spend 40+ euros (about 60 dollars) on a perfumy spray foundation that worsens my "expression lines" just for the sake of a *perhaps* even look? NO WAY!!! Your skin is worth FAR MORE!!! There are other foundations out there that are actually if not neutral, beneficial for your skin!

on 3/25/2006 1:18:00 PM

If I had to choose my top 5 fave beauty products, this would definitely make the top of the cut. Airflash is by far the best foundation I have ever used. I like my skin looking quite natural, and this gives just the natural but flawless finish I am after. I find the product incredibly easy to use. I just spray across my face in a zig-zag shape and pat. My skin still looks really fresh hours after application! This is great because you can layer it on, you can start with just a thin layer and add more during the day or in the evening if you feel the need.
The only problem I have with Airflash is that the small can runs out very very quickly and is quite expensive. But overall a great find!

on 3/22/2006 8:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really loved this foundation, but only lasted for 1.5 months - for $60, this is waaaaaay out of my league. Will return to EL Futurist.

on 1/31/2006 2:39:00 PM

This foundation is wonderful. After getting the knack, I don't have to cover my hair or clothes. It takes very little product for good coverage. I would say a can lasts around 2 months and that's using it every day. I like it much better than ERA. I think it's the delivery system. This is a much finer mist. Then I use ERA Rayz bronzer in the lightest shade. I spray it on a puffy sponge and dab on my cheeks and across my nose.
I am so happy with the Dior that I bought 4 more to make sure I always have it.

on 12/20/2005 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this foundation. It s so easy to work with. I bought it aprox 1 months ago and at the beginning was a bit difficult. I use an old cap to protect my hair, although now i think i can do it without it, the only concern are the eyes. Mine are very sensitive and i protect them with 2 cotton pads. It s quite expensive because you get to spray also the sourrounding area. Don't know how much is left in mine, but i used it daily except the sundays. I would like to last at least 3 months, then it worths, otherwise to expensive for me. I will buy it anyway to have it always in case of emergency.

- I like that i dont need to touch my face (so the sunscreen applied under, will stay on)
- You are ready in 2 sec

on 12/12/2005 9:18:00 AM

the idea is great.... a mist foundation that spreads out on the whole face...... and the first impression is great too; however, as long as you use it you discover that it is not so ever-lasting and doesn't give a good coverage unless you use all the bottle. Anyhow, if you want to use it please remember NEVER USE IT UNDER THE EYES because the alcoohol and the other chemicals contained in the spray are extremely drying on that sensitive area so that the wrinkles are enhanced and even new wrinkles can appear! This way you risk to have your face in two different colours, unless you find a concealer that is exactly the same

I use this sparingly because it's so expensive. It'll last quite a while b/c you need very little of it, and it's in an aerosol so there's very little chance of contamination. I was very surprised and pleased by it's opaque coverage. Though opaque, it's not cakey. I don't spray it all over my face b/c it'll settle into my lines and get in my hair/eyebrows/eyelashes/lips, but it's is WONDERFUL for scarring and acnes marks. If I use concealer on the dark marks, it'll turn out thick like plaster or the mark will still show. But I apply foundation, and instead of using concealer on the marks, I just spray it once or twice and apply a very fine but opaque layer of foundation to cover it. I let it dry a bit, and then blend it with a sponge.

on 10/15/2005 7:38:00 AM

The Pros: this is a hi-tech, completely different, foundation that delivers product very finely and evenly with a spray. (Blended foundation just looks so uneven after you've tried this.) Provides good coverage for zit marks. You can do it in seconds flat and walk around to do other stuff for it to dry a bit. Lasts very well through the day - although dryness might appear under the foundation at the end of the day. Great for glam events.

The Cons: (i) It's not easy getting the stuff just below your eye, what with your lashes in the way, too. The thing gets on your eye brows, eye lashes and lips - you can wipe it off your lips and brows but not the lashes. If you like how it works as a base for your lipstick and mascara, fine, but not if you don't have time to apply either before rushing out of the door. (ii) it flattens your face out, so as a rather flat-featured Asian, I've problems - it helps a little though if you use a liquid highlighter on the bridge and under the eye etc before and after the thing. I find it hard to get the product on the sides of my nose but others might have no problems with that, depending on the shape of their nose I assume ... (iii) it's hard to dab on a little more after the fact - first, it's hard to try to spray a small amt on your hand, and the set stuff on your face seems unbudgeable. (iv) Don't spray too much or it cracks and comes off like a piece of peeled paint on contact!

on 10/12/2005 10:12:00 AM

I'm not a big foundation user so thought this would be a good idea. I quite liked the way it settled on the face and it didn't budge all day. However it's quite tricky to apply as you need to close your eyes and spray.

on 10/1/2005 4:14:00 PM

I bought this for my wedding day. I had a mini makeover at Sephora a few weeks before and they used this. I like the idea of airbrushing at home, but after trying Era's Classified Cosmetics foundation and Sally Hansen's I was very disappointed. They both broke me out and looked just awkward. Dior's version is truly airbrush technology. It covers everything and looks like nothing. But you have this ethereal glow. I spray it on in a zigzag and press a poofy sponge (actually the one that came with Classified's) to set it. This is the first foundation I have ever been able to use without finishing powder. And it stays on alllllllllll day. I took it with to Cancun to put it up to the heat, and it performed beautifully. And even though I got tan, the color 200 still worked! I think it suits nearly every skintone! I am flawless when I wear this, period. And no breakouts! EDIT: 2/11/07 I bought this again after Sephora put it back out on their shelves. I guess Dior changed the package a little, the nozzle looks different. For some reason it doesn't seem to be working as well as it used to, it seems more cakey and dry. I'll try it without my primer and see if that helps. It could also just be my skin being difficult. EDIT: 2/18/07 OK, so apparently this foundation works best on bare skin. I had been using Clarins Modern Makeup Base with this and it got all icky looking. I quit using the MMB and it works beautifully again.

Video Reviews & Tutorials