Dior Diorskin Airflash

3.9

Butane, Aqua (Water), Cyclopentasiloxane, Propane, Nylon-12, Cocoglycerides, Sodium Lactate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Glycerin, Caprylyl Dimethicone Ethoxy Glucoside, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Aluminum/Magnesium Hydroxide Stearate, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Silica, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Potassium Sorbate, Propylparaben, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Parfum (Fragrance), Zinc Stearate, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Tocopherol, Benzyl Salicylate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hydroxycitronellal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene, Carboxaldehyde, Citronellol.

This is AMAZING. I bought it (#300) for my wedding back in October, as I decided after several failed pro makeup trials to do my own. I wanted something that would be easy to apply perfectly with a flawless finish, and that would photograph well. This DELIVERED on all counts. It was SUPER easy to spray on (had it perfect by the second try) and it made my face look like a perfectly airbrushed magazine makeup ad. With Smashbox PhotoFinish underneath, that was ALL I used on my face. No need to set with powder. I have weird skin, so I blot all my makeup before leaving the house with blotting papers. One blot was enough to keep it perfect for the rest of the night even without powder over it. It looked like satin. The only miniscule complaint is that my skin felt a little tight, as I have really dry skin, but this was NOT that bad...similar to the feeling of when I apply my Bare Minerals (my everyday HG) with the kabuki brush. The photos of my face from the wedding were SUPERB. I could not have gotten better results with a pro artist. Even my very upscale photographer commented that my skin was amazing in the photographs - now THAT'S something!!!

Yes, it's pricey. I don't wear anything more than BE on a daily basis, but if I did, this would be my everyday HG. It's DEFINITELY my special occasion/made up HG! I have found in the past that liquid or creme foundations leave my skin shiny after just a short time and get creases when I smile which adds years onto my appearance. I used my normal moisturizer under this and had no greasies after my usual one blotting. Oh, and I didn't break out later!

This is definitely the most expensive foundation I have ever purchased. I thought I would save it for special occasions or when going out, but I have ended up using it on most days. I can achieve a very natural, flawless, beautiful look with this. The Christian Dior national artist at Nordstrom's Trend Show taught me how to apply it for the most natural finish - always apply a good moisturizer with SPF first, and eye cream, and then apply any serums you may wish to use. Then, with hair pulled back away from face, shake can 5x and spray lightly across the cheeks and bridge of nose, and blend in with a dry sponge or foundation brush. Finally, lightly spray a tiny amount on the forehead and chin and blend in. The coverage is excellent and I like that I can layer it as necessary to cover a few discolorations and scars on my cheek. I use the 200 color, a perfect match for my skin tone. It is very necessary for me to apply bronzer and blush after this to give my face some color and depth. I will probably repurchase this since it is the perfect amount of coverage, just where I need it. Perfect for days when I want to add a little lipcolor, mascara and eye liner and run out the door.

Update 10/17/08:
Butane as an ingredient? Are you kidding me? Even the makeup artist tried to get me to buy a different product from Dior, "a little less toxic" were her exact words. Anyhow, I am eschewing all department store brands (with the exception of Pangea which some Nordstrom stores started carrying!!) My foundation preferences: Suki, Terra Frima, Alima Satin Matte.

**I reserve a 5-lippie rating for products that shine above the rest in terms of efficacy, and based on toxicity and comedogenicity. I have a strong interest in consumer health and setting higher standards for the beauty industry. I extensively research products developed with consumer health in mind. This is my personal quest to find the best-quality products. We shouldn't have to choose between beauty and health.**

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Love this foundation. It only took me 3 times to get the application technique down. I sprayed too much the first couple of times and it looked a little masky. I now spray lightly in a circular motion. I put my hair back with a headband. I'm finding I'm not getting it in my hair or on the towel I use on my chest at all. I then quickly wipe off my eyebrows. Since I wear mascara and lipstick anytime I put foundation, (most every day), on I don't worry about wiping off the foundation from my lashes and lips. I think this stuff makes my face look great. Great coverage that lasts all day. It is expensive, but to me it is worth it and I will repurchase.

This is a very gimmicky product. The color selection is laughable, it doesn't spray on evenly, takes forever to dry, and the price is ridiculous ($60?!). I tried the color closest to my skintone (300 -- I am a MAC NC30 for reference). It was an okay match at first, but then turned orange later.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I actually have a lot to say about the tone and texture of this foundation, but everyone else pretty much seemed to elaborate in it in their own way. I will say that I am very pale (discoloration due to abrasion done by cleansers and skin care products over years) with just about the worst acne scars and continuing acne. I've literally used hundreds of different foundations, and this is the best. The most notable element is that it looks great in just about every stage of lighting. I tried it on at a store with nearly white lighting, and it looked natural. It looks the best in orange-tinted lighting. It can look rather pale, but still natural, while outdoors and in darker areas. I use Cameo #202. I don't know if I'd recommend it to those who are planning to order it before testing it. Sephora is the only store I know of that carries it.

This is perfect for special occasions or interviews. The color match was not exact but it seems not to matter because of the texture of it-- like a powder doesn't match skin color exactly, either. Coverage is excellent, natural looking, and long lasting;it makes my skin look quite beautiful and even, actually. I am in my early 30s with very very pale skin, a few large pores, some fine lines, and very sensitive skin. I use a very good moisturizer first, a fairly greasy one that I use at night, actually, to prevent any cracking (which has never happened). Then I use the foundation over concealer, either as a regular foundation (spray on my hand, then dab on with my fingers) or using the spray for better coverage. I have used it a few times for stressful special events and been really happy with it holding up despite time, perspiration, etc; it's also wonderful for daily use but I don't use it often because of the price. I got a good deal on my purchase, and if I get the same price, I'd buy it again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This foundation is really great. It evens out my skintone and is really light and fresh looking. My sister was the one who actually bought it, I on the other hand think its way too expensive for such a tiny can. If it was 40 dollars instead of 60 dollars I would definitely buy my own bottle. But i dont think its worth 60 dollars, because it seems like it would run out really quickly. I did however buy the MAC studio mist foundation which is generally the same thing, but I'm sure the Dior one is better...as most of their products are of best quality. But the MAC one was only 34 dollars, so I bought it instead. Too bad. Edit: The MAC Studio Mist Foundation is of no comparison! The light-medium shade is way too orange. Edit: Not sure..but after awhile I found that it makes my skin look a bit grey...weird...

i was so excited about getting this foundation when i was at the diorshow makeup range launch. it seemed like a brilliant product and the best part is, i could spray it nearer to my face on a particular spot and it doubles up as a concealer. (no more having to scout for a concealer that matches my foundation when this can do the job of both!)

however, it is pretty slippery and it makes my oily/combination skin appear too oily, even in the dry winter weather. it's pretty hard to really get to grips with the whole spray application - try getting a balanced spray all over your face with your eyes closed. i ended up spraying it onto a sponge before transferring the foundation onto my face to save time (and avoid the problem of having foundation coated lashes on days when i'm too lazy to apply mascara).

it runs out pretty quickly too. i really wanted to love this product as i really do adore dior, but this really just doesn't cut it and seems pretty gimmicky now. the range of shades is also a severely limited.

If you need serious coverage I don't recommend this. But if you would love to mist on your foundation a little bit at a time for a smooth finish, try it. My first gripe is it's sooo expensive, at $60 for an aerosol can with nothing special about the packaging. It also requires careful application, and doesn't really save any time compared to smoothing on liquid or powder foundation. If you can find a color match it does look lovely, smooth, and flawless. I don't think I would use it everyday, and it's not something you can keep with you in a car or take on a plane, since it's a pressurized can. continued >>

I love this foundation.I love the coverage!The application method is a breeze!I just spray it on and let it dry.I don't pat,press or rub it into the skin.I'm using 200#.This could be classed as a HG along with Prescriptives Flawless Finish foundation.