October 31, 2014 | 1503 users online

Liquid - Christian Dior - Diorskin Airflash

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2005 5:02:00 PM More reviews by BreatheMakeup

I love this!! I wish I didn't though. I shelled out 60 bucks for this!! The finish is semi-matte and it makes your skin dewy and fresh. I have this in 300 and I'd recommend this to anyone who doesn't mind the price or the spray method. I wish they had more color selection. In comparison to Era Classified Spray Foundation, AifFlash beats it by a mile. One drawback is that I wish they put more of the stuff in there. Era has 2.25 ounce while AirFlash only has 1.7 ounce, for 60 bucks that's not really much, and it won't last as long for some people. All in all, a wonderful product and it's worth the money.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2005 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Tuscana

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Once I tried out this mist-on foundation (Dior's Diorskin Airflash), I haven't stopped wearing it every single day since. I am completely amazed at how flawless this makes my skin look, yet it's so sheerly applied. The finish is semi-matte and it gives me a subtle glow ... dewy, not oily.

I wear an old ugly shower cap to apply, just to help keep the spray off my hair (although the overspray is easily brushed away); and if I'm not in my undies, I wear an old towel draped across my chest and shoulders. It covers so well, you can also let it stand in as an eye shadow primer ... even a lipstick primer ... even an eyelash primer! Just my choice, I apply a lip balm first, just so I can more easily wipe away the foundation (but you don't need to). It's very much your choice.

You shake the can well, hold it about 12 inches out from your face, and quickly spray. I think I do a sort of S-motion. Over a short time, you'll know just how much to spray; sometimes I come back for a quick extra shot at my nose area. I quickly wipe most of it off my eye brows, and smooth it under my eyes. This works so well that I don't use Corrector under my eyes (to hide dark circles); I still use a touch of Concealer in the inner and outer corners (but that's just my particular eye shape needs). Also, I no longer use any blemish concealer, as this coverage is so amazing. It really does look like your face was airbrushed and you have a blank palette for applying the rest of your makeup. There's no cakiness ... just beautiful skin.

As for shades, so far (this is so new at the time of this writing) I can't tell if there are just the few shades or only the few that I've seen. In MAC, I'm an NC25 without a tan and in Bobbi Brown, I'm a Beige. I bought this in 300 - Medium Beige; it's a near match. I was concerned that the 200 - Light Beige would be too light. I think a perfect match for me would be somewhere between the two shades but so far, I can't tell if there *are* any in-between shades. Nevertheless, this is probably only a difference that I notice and it certainly doesn't look odd ... I'm just very particular.

Another benefit in my case is that I don't need to apply a moisturizer first. My skin is super oily but I often apply a moisturizer before foundations simply to get *slip* (so the foundation spreads easily). Well ... with this product, I simply spray and I'm done, no smoothing out needed. As I haven't added moisturizer, I find I'm blotting less than usual throughout the day.

Each day without fail, the foundation has held up all day with no touch-ups needed. The product is expensive but as I use such a teensy amount, it may just come out to not be as costly as one might think. As it's a mist-on, there's no exposing the product to the air so again, this may last quite a while. I won't say I will neglect my other beloved foundations, but this is so amazing I cannot quit using it. You really need to try this to see if it provides a number of solutions for you. I'm thrilled with the product and will absolutely buy it again.

continued >>

23 out of 25 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2005 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Pamela2774

This is probably the best foundation I have ever used. Lovely coverage which is adjustable. Leaves a dewy finish and requires only a small amount of powder to touch up during the day and amazingly it does seem to last all day. It felt so light that I didn't feel as though I was wearing any foundation. I also noticed that my eye make up stayed on longer when using this foundation.....Now for the bad news...The can lasted 10 days !!!!!! After paying £26 for this in Boots I was at least expecting a couple of months out of it. I was using it every day but did not apply loads, just sprayed it on using the zig zag method that the MA advised followed by one quick spray on my t zone. If I ever win the lottery I will be using this every day...until then it's back to Estee Lauder Double Wear.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2005 1:57:00 AM More reviews by declore

lovely product and easy to apply.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2005 10:18:00 PM More reviews by vophsi12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is awesome! I really didn't expect to like it. I recently finished using the new ultr-mat compact by dior which i hate because it doesn't control oil and it gets heavy and cakey. So, i like this because you can build the coverage, and it never looks cakey. the finish is a semi-matte natural glowy healty look. just what i've been looking for. all i suggest is that you wear a hair band right under the hair line to keep product from coating the hair. it dries fast and last all day and suprising, though it doesn't make any claims, keeps oil from seeping through.