Dior DiorShow Mascara Waterproof

3.3

Every time Iíve had my makeup done at the Dior counter, the SA or MA has used DiorShow on me. I always liked how it made my lashes fuller and longer, so when I was buying for a GWP I decided to splurge and pick up a tube. In the waterproof formula.

While the original formula would flake by the end of the day, the waterproof version gives me big black smudges beneath my eyes after about 4 hours. I donít know whether itís the formula or my oily lids or the combination of the two, but somehow this stuff migrates from my upper lashes (I donít use any on my lower lashes) to the tops of my cheekbones. I find the giant brush a bit unwieldy. It makes it difficult to get to the lashes at the corners of my eyes. Also, I find it difficult to get the dramatic volume that I got with the original formula.

I canít find my receipt to return this, so Iím going to give this stuff a stay of execution and try wearing it with Benefit She-Laq. Whether or not that helps, I wonít be repurchasing. 1/5 lippies, because I've used d/s mascaras that were less problematic.
UPDATE: She-Laq was no help. This stuff went in the trash. continued >>

Absolutely quality mascara from my point of view. I initially bought the waterproof because the regular was out of stock and it was pay day and I wanted to treat myself to a luxury mascara. Initially (other than being in love with the size of the theatrical brush!), my opinion was not that great, it didn't seem to be worth the money that much. After around a week the mascara really came into it's own and worked fabulously. It DOES stay put more than any other waterproof mascara I've had before, and due to the coincidental period of my life that this mascara was subjected too - it can certainly survive a lot of tears. It lasts a good long time and it really is a case of passing the 3 month mark, and I seriously do layer my mascara like there's no tomorrow, and I've never known a mascara to last so long (we're talking a matter of weeks for YSL etc). I bought the non-waterproof DS once just to check how it was and unfortunately I didn't think it came close to it's waterproof counterpart, it didn't reall hold a curl and was very unmanagable, once it had set itself a certain way no amount of prodding and altering with the mascara brush would really make a difference. I don't know if this mascara does wonders for people with tiny or very straight eyelashes, I just know that for me it's the HG.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have very short and thin lashes. I went to Sephora and the woman who worked there told me to try this. At first i was suprised to see that it worked quite well ( and it should for 25 bucks!!!) I tried to take it off that night and it was almost IMpossible. The next day i tried it again and my eyes felt irritated and they got all red. I hope that its not the mascara!!! Anyone else have this problem?

I like the size of the wand. It is huge and the mascara goes on in one fell swoop. I accidentally bought the waterproof version and would prefer the non waterproof. Oh well...It definitely won't rub off and will withstand anything. You won't even have raccoon eyes the next morning if you (accidentally) fall asleep with your makeup on...
The packaging is very Diorish with their logo splayed all over it. This was $23.00 at Sephora.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I really wanted to love this mascara because the regular DiorShow in black is my HG mascara. Well, the waterproof version is just not the same and unfortunately it takes many, many coats of the waterproof version to come even close to the effect of regular DiorShow. Unfortunately, as with most waterproof mascaras, after the second coat you get massive clumps. Also, the mascara flaked and ran a little after a couple of hours since my eyes water easily due to allergies.

So, my formula for the perfect mascara application is as follows:

1a. Optional use of eyelash curler (Shu Uemura). This step is not necessary with the DiorShow, but I am just addicted, I guess.

1b. Optional use of Talika Lipocils as primer.

2. DiorShow Mascara.

3. Clarins Fix Mascara (clear sealant) over DiorShow for perfectly waterproofed lashes.

I really liked this mascara. I really loved the huge brush!!! It didn't make my lashes as thick as I would have liked but when layered with my Lancome Hypnose it produced nice results. I would buy again but probably not in waterproof (I hear it's too drying for everyday use). DiorShow and Lancome Hypnose are the best mnascaras I have tried...still looking for my thick Thick THICK lush lashes. This one is great for length...not what I'm looking for exactly but it's fine.

I had to try this because of all the hype surrounding it and I do like this mascara, its substantial wet and glossy and this formula teams with the chunky brush gives you a nice thick coating, however along with this comes minimal clumping - although nothing a brush/comb cant sort out. My lashes look longer, thicker but do not curl as much as they do when Ive used other mascaras but I do feel like I have pretty eyes when I'm wearing it and i guess thats what counts so I do think its worth its higher price. I only got the WP formula because the shop didnt have regular, not cried/swimmed/been rained on when wearing it, but I think it would hold up pretty good as its a nightmare to shift!

I really wanted to like this mascara. I had previously been using stretch and separate waterproof by MaX Factor before I picked this up. I hated the brush. It's too big so the mascara smears all over my eyelid. The staying power is okay, no better than MF. There wasn't major irrriation to my eyes, but overall, for the price, it was SO not worth it.

for the money, it's not very waterproof; it clumps, flakes and smudges. i'm priming with shu lash repair, i have fairly short straight lashes. did not hold a curl for me very well. i'm going to try the maybelline sky high curl instead

When I first tried this a few times, I hated it. It didn't hold a curl and was really clumpy. After around 5 uses it started to turn decent, weirdly enough. Now it's a decent mascara, holds a decent curl, lengthens okay but isn't very dramatic, not nearly as close as normal Diorshow thickness (I hate normal Diorshow btw, too dry and flakey, no curl)

This is a bad waterproof mascara though, dissapears after a few minutes of crying and smudges.

Won't repurchase but will use until it goes off.

Popular Mascaras