Dior DiorShow Mascara Waterproof

3.3

on 9/28/2005 4:48:00 PM

I really liked this mascara. I really loved the huge brush!!! It didn't make my lashes as thick as I would have liked but when layered with my Lancome Hypnose it produced nice results. I would buy again but probably not in waterproof (I hear it's too drying for everyday use). DiorShow and Lancome Hypnose are the best mnascaras I have tried...still looking for my thick Thick THICK lush lashes. This one is great for length...not what I'm looking for exactly but it's fine.

on 9/19/2005 1:04:00 PM

I had to try this because of all the hype surrounding it and I do like this mascara, its substantial wet and glossy and this formula teams with the chunky brush gives you a nice thick coating, however along with this comes minimal clumping - although nothing a brush/comb cant sort out. My lashes look longer, thicker but do not curl as much as they do when Ive used other mascaras but I do feel like I have pretty eyes when I'm wearing it and i guess thats what counts so I do think its worth its higher price. I only got the WP formula because the shop didnt have regular, not cried/swimmed/been rained on when wearing it, but I think it would hold up pretty good as its a nightmare to shift!

on 8/25/2005 9:46:00 AM

I really wanted to like this mascara. I had previously been using stretch and separate waterproof by MaX Factor before I picked this up. I hated the brush. It's too big so the mascara smears all over my eyelid. The staying power is okay, no better than MF. There wasn't major irrriation to my eyes, but overall, for the price, it was SO not worth it.

on 8/25/2005 8:53:00 AM

for the money, it's not very waterproof; it clumps, flakes and smudges. i'm priming with shu lash repair, i have fairly short straight lashes. did not hold a curl for me very well. i'm going to try the maybelline sky high curl instead

on 8/18/2005 6:01:00 AM

When I first tried this a few times, I hated it. It didn't hold a curl and was really clumpy. After around 5 uses it started to turn decent, weirdly enough. Now it's a decent mascara, holds a decent curl, lengthens okay but isn't very dramatic, not nearly as close as normal Diorshow thickness (I hate normal Diorshow btw, too dry and flakey, no curl)

This is a bad waterproof mascara though, dissapears after a few minutes of crying and smudges.

Won't repurchase but will use until it goes off.

on 8/16/2005 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I could not wait to receive this from Sephora...and was deeply disappointed! Unfortunately, I did not find this mascara to be superior to any drugstore brand, and certainly not worth the $23 price tag. It did not lengthen or thicken my lashes with a single coat and multiple coats caused considerable clumping. In my opinion, save your $$.

on 8/7/2005 5:17:00 PM

I really want to like this mascara, but for the price alone, it is hard to love. It does give me length, definition, and fullness. However, even though it is supposed to be waterproof, I still have light smudgies at the end of the day. The brush is large and it takes a little practice to get used to it. This is not a bad mascara, but I can find something that works as well from MAC or Max Factor at a fraction of the price. Don't believe the hype.

on 8/2/2005 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I had really high hopes for this mascara. I loved the original diorshow, but it flaked and didn't hold curl. So you can imagine how excited i was to hear that the waterproof version was coming out.

I was so disappointed by this mascara though! It is nowhere NEAR as dramatic as the original version, does a pretty average job of lengthening, and made my lashes clump together. Even worse, it smudges under my eyes like crazy, and is hardly waterproof at all. The only decent thing about this mascara is that it does hold curl pretty well (though not as good as i was expecting it to).

Definitely not buying this again.

on 7/29/2005 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I gave it 4 instead of 5 because by the end of the day, it did leave a few little dots under my eybrows, although Urban Decay's Galoshes for lashes fixed that. The great news is it really did make my lashes that long!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I don't know if I will ever be able to go back to drugstore mascara... oh my poor, poor wallet LOL! I really liked regular non-waterproof DiorShow but I have to admit that this waterproof version blows it out of the water. Almost no clumps, definitely no smudging, NO flaking, and you still get that huge brush. It used to take me a little longer to apply this mascara in order to avoid smudging my eye makeup with the big brush but now that I am used to it application is a snap. You do have to apply more coats of DS WP to get the "falsies" look but that also means that with one coat you can get a reasonably natural daytime look (something I could never do with regular DS). This also layers remarkably well -- minimal (if any) clumping and I have yet to see a flake. And talk about holding a curl! Amazing! My tube has got to be coming close to the 3-month lifespan we are supposed to place on our mascara and it still applies as though it were brand new (no thickening or drying out here). This has got to be my HG mascara.