August 21, 2014 | 2161 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Clinique - Take The Day Off Eye Makeup Remover

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2008 3:36:00 AM More reviews by kawaiishinichan

Has to two layers that you shake and it mixes. easy to use and removes my eye makeup really good. Only thing is that it leaves my eye feeling a little funky, but it's okay.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2008 7:35:00 PM More reviews by uplate6674

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is my HG makeup remover.

I bought it specifically for waterproof Lash Blast, which adheres tenaciously to my eyelashes, impervious to soap and water, torrential rain, mortar fire, and nuclear radiation. While I love the way that mascara looks, it does make my lashes feel rather stiff, and I don't like to go to bed with crunchy, false-looking lashes. The makeup remover cloths I use to remove the rest of my makeup do nothing for Lash Blast.

Enter Take The Day Off. It consists of two layers, one watery and one of silicone oils, which you shake vigorously to 'activate.' The clear bottle is topped with a childproof cap, which is a terrific feature, because if this kind of remover ever popped open in a suitcase, the oils in it would likely ruin most fabrics.

I saturate a tissue with this, and most of my makeup just slides right off. Lash Blast does, too, although I have to use a lot of it and wipe carefully. I don't have to scrub at all, just gently stroke my lashes a bunch of times.

Afterwards, my lashes are soft, flexible, and clean, and my eye area is soft and smooth. None of that residual stiffness that often clings to my lashes after wearing waterproof mascara.

One thing to note is that this is not the type of remover that you can use and then immediately reapply your makeup. You have to rinse this off, or the traces of oil left behind on your skin will make your makeup smear. I also recommend removing your contact lenses first, or they might get coated with oil, blur your vision, and be difficult to clean.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2008 2:05:00 AM More reviews by conniie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wow. The first time I used this product I was actually shocked and actually said "wow" out loud. The packaging is great, Clinique made sure that the bottle wouldn't accidentally open by itself and leak through. I use a little bit on a cotton ball and it gets the makeup off both my eyes. Only one wipe was needed. Also, there's some sort of oil in there that moisturizes your lids and doesn't dry it out like some other eye makeup removers do. Amazing.

Love itttttttttttttt.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2008 11:14:00 PM More reviews by judeandam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG makeup remover! It takes off any long wear eye/lip cosmetic that I've put against it.

It removes ALL traces of my layered waterproof Diorshow mascara! If I've got a considerable amount of mascara on, I'll soak up a cotton ball, close my eyelid, place the soaked cotton ball over my lashes and hold for 10 seconds. This helps dissolve the mascara and helps it come off with less rubbing.

The only cons are that it's a bit pricey ($18) and since it's oil-based, it leaves the skin a little greasy - but it's meant to be rinsed off with cool water. After the rinse, it feels fine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2008 2:49:00 PM More reviews by MakeupMomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I usually use Clinique's Rinse-Off Eye Makeup Solvent because they frequently put it in their GWP packages. Thanks to Clinique, I haven't had to buy makeup remover for more than 8 years! Just recently, I received a small bottle of the Take the Day Off in a GWP and I really like it! It has an "oiler" feeling to it (it contains silicone oils) so it feels much more moisturizing. My skin abruptly became dry and flaky when the weather changed and this makeup remover feels very soothing on my skin.

This is really a multi-purpose makeup remover. It removes foundation, lipstick, eye shadow and mascara very easily. Just a little dab on a cotton ball removes even long-wearing makeup. Thanks to Clinique's GWP offers, I'm pretty much set with eye makeup removers. However, if I ever run out I will definitely be purchasing this one!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2008 4:42:00 PM More reviews by utopiancity

I was really excited to see a makeup remover get so many positive comments (I've tried a lot, but the only thing that truly impressed me was the Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil). I went out and bought it right after I read the reviews. It turned out pretty well! The balm melts into you fingers like butter and it does take most makeup off, but with waterproof mascara and gel liners (like bobbi brown ones), it takes an extra few rounds to get it all off. Either that, or you gotta let it sit for a bit before you rinse it off (hence, the 1 lippie deduction). Otherwise, it's an impressive product and it does rinse off nicely so kudos to Clinique!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2008 9:57:00 AM More reviews by jhadiq

Let me preface this by saying that my eyelids seem to be on the sensitive side, and I generally can't take eye makeup removers, which explains the bulk of my low rating of this product. Like so many others, I received this as part of a GWP. My usual eye makeup remover is a combination of plain water and olive oil, since my eyelids generally get irritated with any kind of commercial remover. Unfortuntely, this makeup remover is no different - it ends up drying out and irritating my eyelids. Additionally, it is one of those half oil, half solvent removers, so it is a bit oily, and thus no better than my olive oil and water combo in terms of oiliness. OTOH, it does a great job of doing what it is supposed to do- remoe eye makeup quickly and efficiently. BUT, my olive oil and water combo is just as good as this product, and just a fraction of the price and no irritation. I am also not a fan of the childproof packaging. I don't think I will ever find a better product than just plain ole olive oil to remove my eye makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2008 6:30:00 PM More reviews by tkh777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This works well and is a fine makeup remover. It is often in the GWP satchels Clinique loves to give out so I rarely have to buy remover. (Lancome also has their remover as a GWP on a fairly regular basis).
I have no complaints. It is a decent remover and works just as well as the lancome version.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2008 3:47:00 PM More reviews by cjx3pooh

I originally got a 1.7 oz sample from Club Clinique, this makeup remover removes makeup very well, the only bummer for me is that $16.50 is a lot to spend on a makeup remover I seldomly use, since I don't wear eyeshadow that often and I use washable mascaras. Other than that, this is an excellent eye makeup remover (and probably lips, but I haven't wasted this on lipsticks and lip glosses). The cap is also spill proof, and child proof, like the medicine bottle caps.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2008 11:19:00 AM More reviews by chengkx

This review is for Take The Day Off Makeup Remover for Lids, Lashes & Lips, which is packaged in a translucent purple bottle with silver safety-cap lid.

A superlative eye makeup remover that effortlessly cuts through mascara in just a few strokes with some facial cotton. Does not irritate the eyes nor does it leave a greasy finish. Leaves lashes soft and clean.