December 21, 2014 | 1917 users online

Treatments (Face) - Estee Lauder - Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex [REFORMULATED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been re-formulated under the new name: Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II. Please find reviews for this product here:

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2011 11:43:00 PM More reviews by lwsege

My HG product in Anti-aging and serum! I love its texture and multi-tasking usage in skincare and makeup. I use this at night and it absorbs soooo fast while at the same time moisturized my face all over the night and till the next morning. I can actually spot the difference by using it or without. I can mix it with my liquid foundation too in order to make them become more moisturizing and stay all day long over my face. Will definitely repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2011 6:40:00 AM More reviews by AlcoholicArtist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well so far this has given me quite a lot of spots and blotchy skin so it's fair to say that I'm disappointed.

I never really get spots so I dread to think what this product does to those who are acne-prone.

Up until using this product I was happy with the condition if my skin but since using it I've watched the condition rapidly deteriorate I've even noticed indentions appearing on my skin!!
Things I do like about the product are the bottle and applicator, it's a very chic and sophisticated design, also this serum did seem to make the skin round my eyes tighter which was a positive but not worth sacrificing the rest of my face for...

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2011 12:15:00 AM More reviews by trayw86

Ok, the first time I ever tried this was as a sample sachet I found in a magazine, I used the sample and the next morning my skins redness had calmed down a lot and my face looked kind of glowy and even and the dry patches I had from a reaction to another product had gone over night, so I went straight out and purchased a bottle. Now I don't know if you can buy a bad batch/bottle possibly, but I never got the same results again as I experienced with the sample (and I store my skincare in the fridge so its not like it got heat affected or anything). I've almost finished the bottle now, I tried using it on its own for a while and it just left my skin feeling dehydrated and with no visible improvement to appearance, I tried using it under a basic moisturizer and it still did nothing, when my skin had another reaction like the one it had when I used the sachet originally when I woke up my skin was still red flaky/oily (I have oily acne prone skin thats also sensitive, I have to be careful when trying to treat my acne problem that I don't cause my skin to flare up going red and flaky). I don't want to spend so much money again just to test whether I'd brought a dud bottle or if this product just doesn't work for me, so I won't be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2011 12:02:00 AM More reviews by mayrei

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am really not sure why I like his serum so much, but at the same time, I feel like I *need* it. I've been using it almost nightly for a few weeks now. I don't exactly see any specific improvements, but I feel like my skin looks fresher and brighter and just... better somehow. Placebo effect? Maybe, but when I don't use it, I notice that my skin looks dull and blah. It seems like a lot of money for skin that looks "generally better", but I think I will have to keep using this. It's just pleasant to use, makes my skin really soft, smells nice, and doesn't irritate my skin or break me out.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2011 8:01:00 AM More reviews by skim6926

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't think this product is bad but I also don't think it's very effective. It hasn't made my skin look any younger, firmer or brighter. However I am on Tazorac so I'm not sure if that is mitigating some of the effects of the Night Repair.

On the plus side, it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin at all, goes on very smoothly and absorbs readily. For the price however, I'd want a product that does what it says and I don't think this is it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2011 7:19:00 AM More reviews by emilily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm not sure exactly how to rate this. It seems to have calmed my pimple flare ups but I still get pimples. It quickly soaks into skin so you don't have to worry about it leaving visible residue. I don't know how to tell if its done anything specific for my skin, but generally it seems like a good product. I wear it under my Decleor Essential Balm and the two seem to work well together.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2011 12:52:00 AM More reviews by msahota

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I started using this product about a month ago, initially I didn't notice any improvment to my skin. I notice I was getting a lot of white heads on my forehead. In the last couple of days I've noticed my skin is starting to finally heal, the white heads are calming down and the acne is is kind of under control. I'm not sure if I would buy this product again, I find it's a little of priced for the results it gave me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2011 3:30:00 PM More reviews by danammelvin

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet! I have been using this product for about 6 months now and I have noticed a huge difference in my skin. My acne went away, and my skin feels smoother (it felt great just after 1 night!) and my skin is more radiant. I know this isn't very economical, bc it is pretty pricey, but I use a ton every night-- on my face, neck and chest, and on the tops of my hands. Its all about prevention!

Also, this is a serum, not a moisturizer, you neeeeeeeeed to moisturize on top!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2011 10:20:00 PM More reviews by Juno77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for a year, and honestly I don;t know what its supposed to do. Upon application it plumps my skin and boosts the hydrating properties of my moisturizer. It also makes my skin look more... healthy. But it wears off when you wash it off. Soo... Its like makeup, you put it on makes you look good, you take it off, back to square one?
I dont get it. I use it as a topical antioxidant I guess! Its nice as that. But next time ill get a whitening serum or an exfoliating serum, something that does something visible haha. Its a nice product, I just think its not indispensable.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2011 11:33:00 PM More reviews by chickatheist

it seems all the estee lauder products made my whiteheads WORSE, this one including. didnt do much for my skin except break me out.