Revlon Frost & Glow Highlighting Kit [DISCONTINUED]

4.3

Frosting Powder: Potassium Persulfate , Sodium Metasilicate , Sodium Stearate , Sucrose , Sodium Persulfate , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Chloride , Sodium Silicate , Silica , Hydrated Silica , EDTA , Sodium Lauryl Sulfate , Ultramarines (CI 77007) , Cream Developer: Aqua (Water) , Hydrogen Peroxide , Cetearyl Alcohol , Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil) , Cyclopentasiloxane , Trimethylsiloxysilicate , Amodimethicone , C11-15 Pareth-7 , Laureth-9 , Trideceth-12 , Glycerin , Ceteareth-20 , Steareth-10 Allyl Ether , Acrylates Copolymer , Disodium Phosphate , Phosphoric Acid , EDTA , Methylparaben , After Highlighting Shampoo: Aqua (Water) , Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate , Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Lauramide MEA , Methoxypropylgluconamide , Hydrolyzed Silk , Panthenol , Tocopheryl Acetate , Retinyl Palmitate , PEG-12 Dimethicone , Cocamidopropyl Betaine , Sodium C14-17 Alkyl SEC Sulfonate , Stearamine Oxide , Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose , PEG-23M , Propylene Glycol , Sodium Chloride , Citric Acid , Tetrasodium EDTA , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone , Parfum (Fragrance) , Butylphenyl Methylpropional , Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde , Benzyl Benzoate , Citronellol , Hexyl Cinnamal , Limonene , Amyl Cinnamal , Yellow 5 (CI 19140) , Red 4 (CI 14700) , Red 33 (CI 17200) , Yellow 6 (CI 15985) , After Highlighting Conditioner: Aqua (Water) , Cetearyl Alcohol , Behentrimonium Chloride , Linoleamidopropyl Dimethylamine Dimer Dilinoleate , Stearyl Alcohol , Cetyl Alcohol , Panthenol , Panthenyl Ethyl Ether , Cocamidopropyl Betaine , Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine , Amodimethicone , Diisostearoyl Trimethylolpropane Siloxy Silicate , Isostearyl Glycolate , Triisostearyl Citrate , Diisostearyl Malate , Isostearyl Lactate , Dimethicone PEG-8 Meadowfoamate , Methoxypropylgluconamide , Ceteareth-20 , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Trideceth-12 , Cetrimonium Chloride , Parfum (Fragrance) , Isopropyl Alcohol , Butylphenyl Methylpropional , Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde , Benzyl Benzoate , Citronellol , Amyl Cinnamal , Citric Acid , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone

on 1/31/2005 12:38:00 PM

Ive tried all the kits out there including the ones at Sally's and this works the best for me. Use a Magicap which another reviewer suggested, the strands will come out more even and you wont get patches (its so easy to rip the cap that comes in the box)I do have to leave it on 60 minutes to get white strands which can be drying. So i use this for touch ups in between highlights, i get more gentle highlights (cheap) at an Aveda training school. However, when i was doing my hair all over with Frost and Glow, my stylist asked me what salon I went to for my highlights. With Frost and Glow and a Magicap, the results look very very professional!

on 1/29/2005 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Pretty good product. If you are not intending to leave on for the full lift, you might be disappointed with a little brassy honey or gold. Especially if dark brown, black hair. My roots were especially hard to take. My suggestion for those who were disappointed with brassiness; add coffee. Seriously. First learning about this red neutralizer treatment in a magazine. It is better than anything you can buy. Condition your hair a bit, then pour a cup of freshly brewed coffee, then a little more conditioner. Let it set for 3-5 minutes. It does wonders on eliminating red and poping blonde and light brown. Goood Luck.
Update: I don't use anymore. I go to Sally's and buy the Ion Color Brilliance line.

on 1/28/2005 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I agree with the last reviewer i did the unred thing and it turned out white...oh well overall it was alright, i like loreal creme lights better though.

on 1/24/2005 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Anybody having problems with brassiness needs to go to a beauty supply store( Sally's ) and get a bottle of UNRED. this is the best stuff to use with any highlighting or color dye. It takes all the orangey color out and leaves a beautiful blonde! You can put this stuff in your conditioner to keep your blonde from turning brassy also!! DON'T BE SCARED>> IT DOES TURN THE COLOR BLACK WHILE PROCESSING!!1

on 1/20/2005 5:24:00 PM

I guess I'm the only one here who doesn't like this product that much. I read all the reviews on here and decided to give it a try since I wanted caramel brown highlights against my golden brown dyed asian hair but didn't want to pay $100+ at the salon. I thought the cap was relatively easy to use, although it took me a total of almost 2.5 hours to get my whole head done. I decided to go for the "striking" effect, pulling hair out of every single circled little hole. HORRIBLE DECISION...although there wasn't that much hair pulled through each hole, my highlights ended up looking like I just coloured the top layer of my hair a bright, orange-gold colour. When the bleach was processing, I got it to a nice caramel brown and washed it out...but after I dried my hair, they turned out orange!!! OMG not only that but it made my ends a yucky yellow gold colour, making them look dried and fried!! It was horrible...I ended up having to trim my ends (they were healthy before) and buying Garnier's Nutrisse (after reading all the positive reviews) to correct my colour and to repair some of the damage and NOW I have soft and healthy hair again in a rich brown colour. Sorry, but I definitely wouldn't try this product again.

Extremely damaging and stripping. The results weren't worth the damage my hair went through. It's cheap for a reason. You think you're saving money...until you have to cought up big bucks for restoring conditioners. Never again.

on 1/10/2005 5:39:00 PM

After reading these reviews, I decided to try it. This is definitely the best highlighting kit I've ever used. I've tried L'Oreal Coloure Experte with OK but not great results. I started by putting on a medium ash blonde base and using this highlight kit the following day. Wow! No brassiness or red tones with this one!

I have gone through lots of hair transformation all colours you can think of. When i had my natural hair colour ( meduim/dark blonde) i started using this skit to lighten up my hair a little. It is fantastic, it made my hair really shiny and it blended in perfectly with my natural hair colour to give it a natural highlighted look all over. I would recommend this product to anyone who wanted subtle but beautiful higlights.

on 12/26/2004 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have used this for years. I have light brown hair, naturally. I usually leave this in long enough to get very light blonde highlights. I always love the results. My hair is relatively short so the cap works great. I just love this.

on 12/21/2004 8:31:00 PM

My first review, and all because I just read all the raves about this product... I've used this for years, most recently on my boyfriend. I had to laugh when reading all the positive reviews - lately I've been going to my stylist for highlights, and when I saw the reviews, it was a big DUH moment for me. Frost & Glow gets much better results than anything my stylist can do. Now that I've been reminded, I'm going back. If you have red under-tones in your hair, most products are going to turn you orange, or you have to leave on forever for a decent blonde. Same thing if your hair is hard to bleach out. Revel in the tacky packaging, and then do your hair. It will hit an "orange" stage, but don't rinse it then. Leave it on a bit longer, and you'll start to see lemon, and you've hit the jackpot. I agree, forget the spatula - I slop it on with my gloved hands. Definitely deep-condition afterwards. Now that I've read these posts, I look forward to learning to use foils with this stuff - $75 is the cheapest I can get out of my stylist, with results not as nice as these, and I'll have control. All for eleven bucks.