November 28, 2014 | 848 users online

Hair Color - Revlon - Frost & Glow Highlighting Kit

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2004 5:01:00 PM More reviews by annie68164

I used to go to the salon and pay $60 for highlights but after quitting work to stay home with my son some luxuries had to go. This product is what I've been using ever since (going on 5 years) and the more you use it the easier it gets and the more you will know how much and how thick of hair to pull through the cap. Once you get it down your hair will look just like in the salon. I've had many compliments on my hair thanks to this awesome highlighting kit!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2004 10:32:00 PM More reviews by kellyson

Money is tight these days, and after reading all the fabulofus reviews on Frost & Glow, I decided to try it (my first time coloring hair myself). Yes, the packaging is horribly cheesy, but definitely worth the embarrassment. The cap is a little challenging - or so says my husband, who was my beautician. The highlights turned out a little bit more blonde that I typically like, but I think that's because my husband was a little slow in applying the color so the color sat for longer than I would have wanted. However, the highlights look great, and you certainly cannot tell that they weren't done professionally. This kit is positively worth the $7 I paid at Walmart. I will use this again.

EDITED to add that if you have dry hair to be very careful how long you leave this on, if you want to even do this at all. I noticed that after about a week or so, my hair is really, really dry and looks a little fried at the ends. I probably should have heavily conditioned it afterwards.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2004 9:54:00 PM More reviews by LexicoAmy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It does what it claims to do. The cap is a bit of a pain, and pulling your hair through can take FOREVER, but the results are fine and completely comparable to the results in a salon. (I've often had professionals use a cap on me - it takes a tenth the time of foils, and I have never found foiling to look appreciably better.) The only reason I'd consider going to a salon again is that if you consider time as money, I'd rather be done with the whole job in an hour instead of saving $60 but devoting half a day to giving myself highlights.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2004 5:44:00 AM More reviews by operadiva222

I have always used this frosting kit - I LOVE IT!!! People in my classes were asking me where I got my highlights done, and when I told them I did it myself they didn't believe me! So I started doing other people's hair with the kit - a regular frosting party. And it works on almost EVERYONE!!! I will never go to the salon again. The cap is hard to get used to, but worth the time.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2004 9:25:00 PM More reviews by angelenvy

This is very powerful but it works. If you want the colour out of your hair then you'll like this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2004 9:06:00 AM More reviews by Dazz

For an at-home highlighting kit, this one delivers. Natuaral looking and very easy to use. Precise application too. If you have a friend to help do the back, great....if not you can still use this with ease! definitely would re buy this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2004 4:36:00 PM More reviews by eujean

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This stuff is fantastic. Everybody wanted to know where I had my hair done. I have Asian over-processed-from-coloring hair and I still got the exact highlights I wanted. Never again will I spend the 100's of dollars in salons for coloring.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2004 3:34:00 PM More reviews by aimeelori

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had a friend pull my hair thru the cap (which I recomend)....I have naturally dark blonde hair and this gave me gorgeous light blonde highlights.

I normally go to a salon. My hardresser specializes in blonde, but charges 150$ for a full foil. This is a great product for the money to get you inbetween appointments.

I have found that when it grows out it is difficult to rehighlight the roots well. But, that may be user error :)

Overall, worth the money and does a professional job.

UPDATE: If you leave this stuff on long enough, you WILL have WHITE hair. There is plenty of bleach in this product if you are in the blonde to dark blonde family.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2004 8:05:00 PM More reviews by LilShortie

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow, this is great, my at home highlights came out BETTER and blonder than salon ones!

Even though it was a cap method, it looked as good as foil IMO.

Took a long time to get the hair through the cap, but from there smooth sailing, other being shaking from being really nervous lol. Came out great though and SO MUCH CHEAPER than salon!

YAY!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2004 5:31:00 PM More reviews by lasquigi

See LanaLang's comment on this kit regarding the use of the cap, GET A GOOD CAP! I absolutely love this product, having used it for the first time last night OVER-and I don't recommend this except in a dire emergency- a level 2 neutral permanent brown. Yes, yes I did that, and I'm ashamed- but not ashamed of the results I got with Frost & Glow-beautiful neutral blonde highlights never before accomplished, even in the salon, with my dark brown hair. The kit is not recommended for black hair, btw. HOWEVER- being a first timer with the whole cap and needle gig, I blew it and got bleach under the cap around my temples and nape of the neck. A) it burns your skin like hell, and b) since it's not developing at the same rate as the rest of the hair; in my case it stayed orange and thus I have some interesting Tigger-like streaks in those areas today. I was strong, girls. I didn't call in sick to work, I just held my head at a strange angle so the GOOD hair would cover it and will go back and spot bleach after another deep conditioning treatment and skin settles down! BE CAREFUL with the bleach and MAKE SURE you flush well with water if it comes in contact with skin. They mean it when they say it. Love this stuff, it's probably a good thing I never got my hands on it at age 13, I would have bleached myself into a frenzy. P.S. I'm 34 with some gray now, and not much wiser.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No