April 19, 2014 | 1513 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Retro Matte - Ruby Woo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2009 6:08:00 PM More reviews by coquette89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

My HG red lipstick. It's a perfect bold blue toned red. It's very matte though and quite dry. Normally I'm anti-lip brush but it's absolutely necessary with this one. It stays on my lips forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2009 5:26:00 PM More reviews by natashazogaric

When it comes to make up i'm usually pretty brave...deep down inside i've always had a slight phobia with reds. BUT Ruby Woo is perfect. I'm hooked.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2009 8:58:00 PM More reviews by platinumblondelife

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ruby Woo is a gorgeous true red lipstick. It is matte and can be drying, but if applied with a lip primer it is stunningly perfect. A perfect & easy way to glam up and get noticed!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2009 9:43:00 PM More reviews by lpaige74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was in the Mac store and another customer kept pressuring me to get Ruby Woo. She said it gets you noticed but I'm kinda shy so it took a lot of convincing. Boy was she right! The color is gorgeous and everyone compliments me and I have turned quite a few male heads. :) I do feel a little naughty when i wear it but that's ok. I need to get out of my shell. :)

Of course, it is very drying and that's the only reason it didn't get 5 stars. You can't add too much balm because it changes the color of the lipstick. I think it's most striking as a matte. It's definitely not a color I can wear everyday because of the dryness.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2009 12:11:00 AM More reviews by citygirl1980

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have always played it safe with only wearing nude/bronze/peachy lip glosses until I tried on this beautiful shade. Now, I've never liked wearing color, especially red on my lips even though I've always had people tell me I have nicely shaped lips. I was always worried about people would think of me, knowing that red lipstick can be too much of a good thing, in some instances.

The MAC makeup artist showed me how to keep the red bright and beautiful for a night out by using the lip pencil in Brick and how to tone it down during the day with the lip pencil in Cork. Both looks really gave my complexion a boost and made my lips look so pretty!

Overall, I love this lip color! who would've thought I would ever love red! I took off one lippie because I have to reapply the lip pencil and lipstick (even though it's a matte finish) after a meal or a few drinks. But that's okay, it's worth it!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2009 4:51:00 PM More reviews by lovesShadow

Ruby Woo to me is the ideal red. It's a blue based bright matte lipstick and applies very opaque. I'm an odd one out there as in I never use lipliner and yet this lipstick does not bleed (for me). It's just the prefect retro red and one of my top 5 lipsticks of all time

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2009 9:36:00 PM More reviews by jameela01

Ruby Woo is all about the colour. Its a deep shade of red...not maroon.......red, and its kind of vibrant even after being deep! wow! have had tons of compliments with this, it makes a statement, its dramatic! It has a dry texture, but no so dry that it's buggin'. Infact its advantagous, cos it doesnt fade off or even form the gooey saliva thing on the edge of your lips (which happens with MAC lustre syrup). It will stay perfect for the whole day! Def recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2009 11:46:00 AM More reviews by jmc1971

Gorgeous color! Yes, it's matte, so I put balm underneath and then MAC Prep + Prime Lip and it's fine. I wore this and got so many compliments on my "vintage" look.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2009 10:03:00 AM More reviews by Sam1e

A very vintage matte true red, i personally like it but its very drying but its like clay almost crumbly texture!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2009 8:38:00 PM More reviews by pintsized

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I wear this for dance performances only. Its a very matte lipstick. Incredibly drying. But the color is beautiful. I dont think I'll be buying this again (because I probably wont ever run out of it). If I had known it was this matte I probably would have gotten a different lipstick, maybe Russian Red or Lady Bug