December 22, 2014 | 869 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Retro Matte - Ruby Woo

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2010 9:22:00 AM More reviews by mollayyyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For reference I'm an NW15 with green eyes.

The colour, in my opinion, is a blue-red. But thats just me, I know alot of people who use this and they say it's just pure red. The staying power is fantastic and unlike alot of lipsticks I've tried and it doesn't smudge or 'bleed' at all. It doesn't change colour through the day like alot of red lipsticks I've tried. It's not drying either, its very creamy imo. This doesn't have a funny taste or smell either, which is great.

This is my favourite everyday red lipstick. I wear it with 'basic' makeup (MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NW15, MAC Prep and Prime Finishing Powder, a little MAC Petticoat MSF and a coat of mascara) and I think it looks great however. This would also look great with more dramatic eye makeup.

Will buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2010 9:05:00 AM More reviews by BrownSkinnedDoll

I really only started getting into lipsticks about a year ago. Since then, my MAC lippie collection has become pretty impressive, and this hot shade is a contributer to that! As a woman of color, I had a difficult time finding a red shade that would match my complexion. (I'm shade NC50/C8, for reference). Through my research, I found that a woman with my complextion would be best suited with a red shade that had blue undertones. I watched endless Youtube videos on this product and finally decided to give it a try. I am SO happy that I did. This is, by far, the most beautiful shade of red that has ever touched my lips! It is a bit drying, as others had said, but the finished look is well worth it. Plus, it's nothing that a little lip balm beforehand can't fix. I don't see myself running out of this anytime soon, but I definitely plan on repurchasing, once I do!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2010 4:53:00 AM More reviews by emmgill

I really love this color. It is a darker looking red. It looks amazing on highly recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2010 5:18:00 AM More reviews by TheBexExpress

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have bought many, many red lipsticks over the years and I can say without hyperbole that this is the best one I've ever had. I feel like I will never need to buy another red lip colour again.

Ruby Woo is a bright red, which really pops without appearing neonish. It's a "retro matte", which is actually matte-r than the other mattes in MAC, which got me super excited. I love everything about the finish- the colour stains the lips a bit and is really longlasting for a normal lipstick. The colour is quite dry, but not actually drying- some mattes actually make my lips worse, while this one just doesn't make their condition any better, which works for me. It really feels like I'm not wearing any lipstick at all, which I love, because I tend to pick at ones that feel thicker or wetter.

The colour is perfect for me, and much more summer-appropriate to Russian Red, the darker matte I've been wearing. I'm very pale and I like that, and Ruby Woo really brings it out without making me look sickly. I will be buying this again when it runs out, and it's worth the $35aus that it cost me (MAC users in other countries, convert that and see how much they charge me for this stuff here xD)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2010 8:13:00 AM More reviews by redredredlips

It is THE perfect red to go with a retro dress. Actually it goes with almost anytthing. Sometimes I combien it with black eylines, but mostt often just a light foundationa and the ruby is all I need. I just love it. Because it's rater dry, for me it works best to apply with a lip brush, after some lip balm.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2010 1:39:00 AM More reviews by Raqstar87

I see I'm not the only one who is completely in love with Ruby Woo! I've always loved red lipstick but I thought I could never pull off any red shade with my tan skin until I saw this beautiful color on one of my classmates who had a similar skin tone. I bought it the next day and I love it! It is drying but I use a little lip balm before I apply it and it goes on like a dream.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2010 12:37:00 PM More reviews by HerSheLips

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

After watching my Idol June Ambrose wear this stunning lip for years I finally bit the bullet and purchased it. I am a NW45 or NC50 girl and LOVE it. It just screams Glamour and Confidence, I wear this usually when I'm out with the girls. Its a very Powerful Lip Statement.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2010 10:22:00 PM More reviews by xoCarmina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

What can I say about Ruby Woo that hasn't been said? It's a true blue based red that looks awesome on women with strong yellow under tones. I'm NC 35-C4. I love this color. I like to pair it with Cherry lip liner and a clear gloss over it. I bought it over two years ago, and the tube is still going strong. It's the only red that I'll ever buy.

The downside is it's drying- so prepare yourself for that. I love wearing it, but I notice girls love it, and guys hate it. I think men are just programmed to hate red lipstick for some reason. I like to wear it during the holidays with gold eyeshadow, or on a lazy day with nothing but a good app of bare escentuals foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2010 9:29:00 PM More reviews by brandpink101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I LOVE this lippy. I pretty much look like I belong in the 1940s everyday, so when I discovered this lipstick, I nearly fainted! It is my PERFECT color. Thank you MAC!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2010 4:48:00 AM More reviews by soclutch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've swatched both Ruby Woo and Russian Red and I cannot personally tell the difference on myself, but the formula for Ruby Woo is dryer. For those like myself it is a good thing because it is long lasting and stays on all day even when I eat, drink, etc. It's a super blue-red and is the best I have used. I recommend this over Russian Red, but if a slightly creamier formula is what you are after then Russian Red is for you. Great Product and would buy again!