MAC Retro Matte - Ruby Woo

4.4

on 3/2/2011 11:48:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

This is my all-time favorite lipstick. I've been wearing it for about 6 years, and I always rebuy as soon as I start to run low. It's a true, bright red with a matte finish, and it doesn't go anywhere if you apply it properly. The only downside I can see is that this is a lipstick that REQUIRES good setup. Hydrated, exfoliated lips, a lip primer, liner, and THEN the lipstick.

I hope they never stop making this one.

on 2/27/2011 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Love the colour of this lipstick, but not how drying it is! I've been putting vaseline on my lips before hand but it's still resulted in my lips peeling, ergh!

on 2/26/2011 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Other, Kinky, Medium

I can't say enough good things about Ruby Woo. This is my "neutral" red lipstick! I prep my lips with lip balm (Weleda or Lavera) before applying to keep the lipstick from drying my lips. But, other than that, this is a keeper. For the love of (insert deity here) MAC: Please DO NOT discontinue this color!

on 2/13/2011 9:14:00 PM

HG Red Lipstick. Thank goodness this shade is permanent b/c I don't know what life would be like without it. I'm a big fan of occasional bold lips but can only wear blue based reds & pinks b/c orange doesn't go nicely with my yellow undertones...this lipstick is the best in my opinion. It's perfect, it's matte (which I l can never get enough of) and it's mac. What else is there to say? lol. Some may say that it's too drying but I don't even prep my lips when I wear it...My daily routine includes putting on lip balm but besides that no other effort is put into my lips. I have no complaints about this lipstick because mattes are expected to be drying, but that works out in my favor because I find that it stays longer.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is one of the most beautiful blue based reds I own. Its a bit drying so you definitely want to moisturize and prep the lip, but the color payoff is phenomenal! This should be a go to red for just about any skin tone.

on 2/13/2011 3:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Its so bold and bright! It wears all night long. The color,again, so pretty, my teeth even look whiter.

on 2/10/2011 8:09:00 PM

Vibrant and solid, so happy with Ruby Woo! First red lipstick :)

on 2/6/2011 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I think that I've finally found my HG pin-up red lippie! I thought that Dubonnet was close, but seeing Ruby Woo next to it, I realize that it's just not. IMHO Ruby Woo seems like Russian Red for warm/neutral skin tones. Compared with Russian Red, my experience with Ruby Woo is the opposite of other's experiences, because Russian Red looks a bit more cool against my C5/NC42 coloring. I honestly didn't think that I would like Ruby Woo very much. But as I said, I really feel like this may be my HG pin-up red! It pairs perfectly with MAC's Cherry Lip Pencil and I'm so glad that it's not LE, because I will definitely be repurchasing when I run out.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

If I could wear this everyday I would. I thought I owned the reddest red (MAC Red) but I was mistaken. It gorgeous on my NC 43 skin, sure its a bit drying but nothing a little chap-stick can't fix.

on 1/26/2011 2:15:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

Love this, not my perfect red but it's a top fiver, for sure! Stays on pretty good too. Must use a liner though because it initially will wriggle about but is a dead sexy gorgeous red.

Popular Lipsticks