MAC Retro Matte - Ruby Woo

4.4

on 2/13/2011 3:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Its so bold and bright! It wears all night long. The color,again, so pretty, my teeth even look whiter.

on 2/10/2011 8:09:00 PM

Vibrant and solid, so happy with Ruby Woo! First red lipstick :)

on 2/6/2011 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I think that I've finally found my HG pin-up red lippie! I thought that Dubonnet was close, but seeing Ruby Woo next to it, I realize that it's just not. IMHO Ruby Woo seems like Russian Red for warm/neutral skin tones. Compared with Russian Red, my experience with Ruby Woo is the opposite of other's experiences, because Russian Red looks a bit more cool against my C5/NC42 coloring. I honestly didn't think that I would like Ruby Woo very much. But as I said, I really feel like this may be my HG pin-up red! It pairs perfectly with MAC's Cherry Lip Pencil and I'm so glad that it's not LE, because I will definitely be repurchasing when I run out.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

If I could wear this everyday I would. I thought I owned the reddest red (MAC Red) but I was mistaken. It gorgeous on my NC 43 skin, sure its a bit drying but nothing a little chap-stick can't fix.

on 1/26/2011 2:15:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

Love this, not my perfect red but it's a top fiver, for sure! Stays on pretty good too. Must use a liner though because it initially will wriggle about but is a dead sexy gorgeous red.

on 1/26/2011 1:58:00 PM

The Perfect red lipstick!
It has a lovely vibrant red colour and matte finish!
I start by exfoiliating my lips with The body shop lip scrub and then moisturise with Burts bees lip balm. Next I apply Benefit Lip plump to neutralise the colour of my lips and enchance the lipsticks staying power. Then using MAC's Redd Lip liner I fill in the whole of my lips and then finally apply a coating of Ruby Woo!
Stays put through a night of drinking and dancing :-)

on 1/13/2011 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Ok, I am NOT a red lipstick type of person. . . but I've literally been wearing red lips pretty much EVERYDAY ever since I bought this. It just looks great. . .. on ANY skintone. . .
YES, YES, YEEESSSS to Ruby Woo!!!!!!!! <3 -Clawz G'Law

on 1/12/2011 3:49:00 PM

I tried Ruby Woo at the MAC counter after the assistant recommended it for my colouring (fair with cool undertones.) I wasn't enamoured with it. The colour was OK, not bad, but it didn't look like a true red on me at all. It had a lot of pink tinge and I don't think it really flattered my complexion even though apparently it's supposed to be great for cool-toned people. The thing I really hated though was the texture; it's extremely matte and felt very dry on my lips. It did not apply easily and I found it very chalky. However, I can imagine that it would be really long lasting as it wasn't easy to remove! I think definitely try before buying as I know it's a really popular colour and I know for some people it's perfect. I ended up getting MAC Red-MUCH better for me! :)

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Such a beautiful true red lipstick! Very bold, very sexy I love it! Because it's a matte lipstick I make sure my lips are moisturized before applying so it doesn't dry them out.. (the downfall is that it can be pretty drying) Recently I've preferred matte lipsticks because I don't have to worry about the "bleeding" of the color! To give it a little shine I apply a little bit of red lip gloss to the center of my lips and it looks great! Every time I wear it, I get compliments on it ..they always want to know what lipstick it is! :)
oh! if you are searching for a more affordable dupe for this I recommend Revlon's Matte lipstick in "really red"

My favorite red lipstick!
It's a beautiful blueish matte red. I adore it. It's long lasting, highly pigmented and buildable. Perfect.

Popular Lipsticks