July 29, 2014 | 1871 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Retro Matte - Ruby Woo

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2010 12:16:00 PM More reviews by sofiaSa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product as a recommendation from a makeup artist, in order to achieve long lasting perfect red. Wow, it really did deliver everything promised. Stayed on all night, with minimal even no topping up..
the only downside is that it really dried my lips and gave this stretching feeling.. When I put some gloss on it for moisture mostly, it stayed on.. Very good product

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2010 5:39:00 AM More reviews by theresababy84

This has been my favorite lipstick for well over a year. I love red lipsticks but have a hard time finding the perfect one, Im not into really shiney glossy lipsticks, theyre just messy and gross to me. I bought ruby roo and fell in love...perfect shade for my tone, stays on all day, and i get tons of compliments every time i wear it. i eat and drink in this stuff and it stays without reapplying. First wearing it, i found it was a bit drying but add a little balm under before applying and its perfect. This will always be my favorite lipstick. and lipsticks this matte are hard to fine when not purchasing mac!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2010 10:29:00 PM More reviews by sammy1019

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I picked this lipstick up today after searching for the perfect red lipstick and it is just that. A true red lipstick. I agree with some of the other reviews, be sure lips are moisturized before hand so I also used a little lip balm underneath. Very pretty and totally recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2010 8:54:00 AM More reviews by Kati3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best red lipstick I have tried - and I'd been trying to find the perfect red for a while. Apart from it being a little dry due to the matte texture, the colour stays true and wears extremely well. I don't use lipliner and haven't had any trouble with it smudging; as it wears it tends to fade a little but will stay within your lipline.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2010 1:48:00 AM More reviews by blanky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The perfect classic red matte lipstick. HG HG HG. Be prepared to attract lots of attention when wearing this. As with any matte, make sure your lips are moisturized prior to applying; I like to apply a thin layer of lip balm underneath and I make sure to check I have no dry flakes because they become very noticeable when you wear a lipstick like this one. I hope they never discontinue this color because I will re-purchase forever!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2010 7:31:00 PM More reviews by Katras

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Beautiful just beautiful. As the other reviews have said, it is the perfect matte true red, that isn't too dark or too bright but just the right balance to add color to the face without being over-the-top. With a touch of creme blush and mascara, it's the third step to the simple, classic face. Update 2/10/10: Between this shade and Russian Red, I think Ruby Woo is my favorite, it is just so perfectly cheer-y, retro and sophisticated- all at the same time. Lovely.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2010 2:39:00 PM More reviews by mecalovesmahdi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love, love this lipstick!! It's absolutely the best red I've ever seen. I used to be drawn to a red with an orange or yellow undertone, but I realized the blue undertone in this color is way more flattering on my nw45 complexion. And it makes your teeth look super white. I got this one at mac from recycling my last 6 products, i love that they have that service!! This is def. my go to red!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2010 10:25:00 AM More reviews by youdroppedabalmonme2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As much as I love the retro perfection of this true-blue ultra-matte red on other women, I simply cannot pull it off. My complexion is too yellow-toned and I have copper hair to boot; the extreme coolness of Ruby Woo leaches color from my face and looks harsh and unflattering. I'm also nearing 40, which means the clash between this lipstick and my coloring--which I *could* conceivably have rocked 10 years ago--just makes me look old and tired. I would highly recommend this extremely fun, unique lipstick for younger women and very cool-toned women. For me, I do much better with Viva Glam I, which has a brown base.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2010 9:51:00 AM More reviews by jlattridge

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

This is THE BEST lipstick EVER. My only problem is that it's so matte that if your lips are even a little bit chapped it will show, but that's my fault, NOT the lipstick's fault. It's simply perfect. I like it much better than russian red.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 5:47:00 PM More reviews by beautifulscorpio83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one of the most GORGEOUS red lipsticks i have ever seen. The color is a true blue based red that dosn't turn fushia on my NC30/C3 skintone. I have dark hair and brown eyes and this color looks awesome! i love wearing it with slightly smokey eyes for a glam punk rock look. Ruby Woo=LOVE.