September 20, 2014 | 1802 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2005 12:24:00 AM More reviews by meltywarhol

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like how this really foams up and you only have to use a tiny bit, so my gwp tube lasted quite a while. However, unlike many other reviewers, I didn't feel "squeaky clean." I felt like I had a residue on my face and my skin was screaming for toner. Paired with Clinique's No. 2 clarifying lotion it was fine, but I prefer toner-optional skincare. I also have to use this forum to complain about the hard-sell the Clinique SA's use for the skincare products. Lord, they really expect me to wash my face with this, use a separate makeupr remover for my mascara, then a bar of soap, then use a harsh toner, then use a heavy moisturizer? Um, no. Washing my face once is enough, thank you. This is supposed to be good for removing makeup, which it does as well as most facial cleansers, but it doesn't take off mascara well enough to save my white towels, and that's what I need a makeup remover for.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2005 6:15:00 PM More reviews by CliniqueWonder

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this makeup remover! This is the ONLY product I would use to take my makeup off. I have one tube in the shower and one by the sink. Definatley worth the 16.50!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2005 5:15:00 PM More reviews by puisza

Great cleanser, removes makeup effectively. Rinses clean, no filmy residue. You only need a pea size amount as it lathers up nicely, so 1 tube can last for a very long time. Just don't get the product in your eyes as they'll sting.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2005 10:19:00 PM More reviews by chenlily

tried so many cleanser products, always go back to this tube. clean feeling and not dry, one of my staples, will definitely buy it again!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2005 1:05:00 AM More reviews by miiko

Got this as a gift with the purchase of Clinique Happy. Didnt have much expectations as most of clinique skincare item does not suit me.. but SURPRISE! this foaming cleanser works marvellously, it foams well and i have been using it for 2 weeks and i have absolutely no breakouts, no excessive dry skin.. pity that it may not have any exfoliating function but i will definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2005 5:29:00 AM More reviews by groovygirl

I got this product as a GWP. As a make up remover it does work very well, it removes even mascara easily. But I really wouldn't advise using it as a cleanser, after using this I gave my face a wipe over with Clarins one step cleanser with orange extract and the cotonwool was nearly black afterwards. It does not remove dirt from your pores, it is not designed to remove dirt from your pores, it is a make up remover and nothing else

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2005 1:02:00 AM More reviews by julia178

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Pros: Clinique's rinse-off foaming cleanser does leave skin squeaky clean and lathers like there's no tomorrow, it's relatively easy to rinse off with water. Cons: By far too harsh and drying for my normal to dry skin, even if I only used a minute amount. My skin felt taut and I developed red dry blotches on my cheeks that took days to heal. Maybe more suitable for very oily skins. I used a sample tube from a GWP, would not purchase the full-size product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2005 11:24:00 AM More reviews by Mistymf

I got this in a RAOK, and I love it. Yes it leaves my skin squeaky clean...that's what it's for! And since I moisturize anyway, it's perfect. It lathers very nicely, and it does a good job at cleaning everythig off....Love this stuff!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2005 1:01:00 AM More reviews by GlisteningStarlights

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used this to take off foundation and my skin was left severely tight and dried out. This is most definitely for super oily skins only

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2005 10:10:00 PM More reviews by karen115

Been using this since i was 15, i'm 24 now. i rarely break out and i think its thanks to this product. it leaves your skin feeling completely clean. i dislike face washes that dont rinse off completely and leave a supposedly "moisturizing" residue on your skin. thats the main reason why i love this cleanser so much, it leaves nothing behind, and like everyone else said, a little of it goes a long way. $16 is dirt cheap for a product that last for a full year.