Maybelline Ultra Liner Waterproof

3.0

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

When I first tried it I thought it was the best liquid liner ever... but that's why I never review anything just after I buy it. This liner has some good qualities: It's super easy to applyIt gives a nice solid dark lineIt stays on pretty wellRemoval is very easy (it peels off, and doesn't give you a black eye)
However, ONE THING keeps me from liking this liner, and that is the way it looks when it dries. It looks like plastic, wayyyy fake. If it'd only dry matte I'd definitely buy it again. Are you listening Maybelline? continued >>

on 10/11/2003 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This was my very first liquid liner, so I had a little trouble rating it. But what I do know is that I like it, it stays all day and the color (black is what I have) is intense. I noticed though that at the end of the day it just chips off.

I hate the little brush thing, it takes a while to get used to it. The liner comes out too GLOSSY looking on my eyes. It also comes right off if you rub it. The only way I like to use this is if I put an eyeshadow over it to make it look more matte. My friend's liquid eyeliner works better and its from the dollar store! This just looks ugly on me cause of the plastic-y look.

on 9/26/2003 12:43:00 AM

waterproof my *****!

on 9/7/2003 1:13:00 PM

Best/affordable eyeliner i've ever tried. Brush makes it easy to apply and it's small enough to fit in any small makeup bag. But it does takes a bit to remove.
*UPDATE* What was I thinking? Actually, I went out and bought it in black and brown. (Originally had taupe) And this stuff just falls off after an hour. What a waste. Would not buy again.

on 8/14/2003 3:35:00 AM

I broght Maybelline budge proof eyeliner and my mum broke off the tip. So i wond it up and when it came time to wind it down i couldn't. Is this a fault in the product, or just how it is made? If you could help me out email me at kim_angelbaby89@hotmail.com

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hmm... this eyeliner was so-so for me. I love the ultra-mini packaging, the streamlined name, and I adore the promises that it fails to keep... but that's just it. Although it IS waterproof, it tends to flake horribly, is hard to apply, and is equally hard to remove. This works VERY well in a pinch, but I wouldn't choose this over my beloved L'Oreal Line Intensifique.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Before I was experiences with liquid liner, this product seemed hard to use, but now its really easy for me. You just have to get the hang of it. This liner looks great and you can make a really straight line. I use brownish-black, and its plenty dark. After a long time (especially if u close your eyes a lot) this liner will flake off, but it stays on really good for the most part. I would definently buy it again!

on 7/15/2003 4:58:00 PM

This eyeliner is really easy to use, even for a liquid liner novice like me. I have to close my eyes until it dries, but then it stays on like nothing else I've ever tried. Through Southern California heat and pregnancy crying fits - this eyeliner stayed on and didn't look any different than it did when I applied it 16 hours earlier.

on 7/6/2003 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I have tested this liner against Almay Amazing I-Liner, and they're pretty close in the "competition".(I use Brownish Black) This Maybelline Ultra Liner seems to rub off a little bit sooner than the Almay, but on the other hand, it has a brush applicator that for me makes it easier to line with. I alternate between the two. The Almay Amazing does seem to stay put just a bit longer.