Palladio Herbal Dual Wet & Dry Foundation

4.1

on 9/4/2003 6:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HUGE RAVE!!! Skintype>>combo, sensitive, rosacea..I picked this up on a whim on one of my trips to Sally Beauty..This stuff blows MAC Studiofix out the door! This stuff covers and it's silky smooth..I was amazed at how much coverage I got with just a sponge when I usually have to use a flocked sponge and pat my Studiofix in. This stuff is effortless to blend! Only gripe is the colors..I am a PPP, MAC NC20 and got this in Laurel Nude which seems a bit too light for me. Shade selection is limited but if you can find a matching color; you'll be doing a happy dance.

on 9/2/2003 11:52:00 AM

I will have to jump off this bandwagon. This foundation was horrible on me! Not only are the color choices very limited (and made only for pink toned skin- not yellow) but it provides no coverage. Maybe if you have great skin, you will like it but I have uneven combination skin and this foundation not only didn't make my skin flawless looking, it accentuated my few lines and dry spots, didn't keep my nose un-shiny and worse of all, it faded by lunch time and I looked like I had no makeup on (not a good thing with me). I tried it both dry and wet with no luck. Glad it works for some....just didn't for me. Don't know how there could be such a difference...maybe I got a bad batch? LOL

on 8/31/2003 6:57:00 PM

Thanks to all who reviewed this product. My only regret is that I didn't look here before I spent over three times as much on my Bobbi Brown stick foundation, which does what every other foundation did except this one!!! Yay!!! I'm 40 and my skin hasn't looked this good in 10 years. I have mild acne scars and general discoloration and my skin is so smooth looking it doesn't seem real. I can't believe these folks haven't done more marketing-this is the best foundation I have ever used!

on 8/22/2003 8:54:00 PM

This is wonderful for all those oily skinned gals! I was using Lancome Dual Finish, but that left me too oily. This gives great coverage, and controls the oil better than anything I've ever tried. I am so glad I read these reviews, because I never would have tried it.

I couln't find much information about this product online before I purchased it so I thought I would submit some product info. I *think* the only place you can buy it is at Sally's Beauty Supply. Even though they have this whole "rice powder" thing going and even advertise some of their products with a geisha on the cover, if you look carefully, the product is actually made in Florida. As far as the limited shade selection (five shades total) and price ($10) this product is in the league of drugstore makeup. Quality-wise, however, it is comparable to low-end department store (clinique, aveda) powder foundations.

I opened up the compact foundations to get a better idea of the color range. The lightest shade is 400 (nude) and it is a pale cream color with a hint of yellow. The next shade is 401 (ivory) and it is quite pink. The shade after that and probably most appropriate for LLL is 402 (cypress beige). This is the shade I bought and it is too dark (and orange)for me but I was afraid that the nude would leave me ashy and the ivory would be too pink for me. I probably won't be buying this product again due to the extremely limited color selection. For reference, I am an Armani #4/#5, Chantecaille Peach and Aveda Aster.

on 8/2/2003 2:34:00 PM

I love you all for sharing your reviews on Palladio. This stuff is too good to be true. I feel like I have to stock up on the stuff because if they discontinue it, I would be lost.

on 7/28/2003 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I LOOOOOOOVEd this foundation. I say lovED because like I've said before, my skin gets used to everything and begins to reject it. But this foundation I actually bought twice, and after a while I will buy it again. GREAT coverage, matte finish, keeps oily shine away, easy to apply, beautiful colours, it really is just wonderful. I imagine it might be a little too powdery for girls with dry skin and the coverage too dark for people with beautiful complexions. But for everyone else, you gotta try this! =)

OH MY GOD, THIS IS INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel like crying, this is a true miracle. THANK YOU sooo much for all of the reviews,,,i owe makeupalley my life! OK, i tried a maybeline foundation and broke out horribly all over my face, i mean BAD... I bought this and you cannot even tell...it has THE BEST COVERAGE out of ANY foundation EVER! IT is like silky velvet too. I bought Laurel nude which is too light for me but with some blush and a couple minutes later, it starts to look better. I think the next color would've been too dark. Anyway, i cant say ENOUGH about this foundation/powder...PLEASE GO GET IT...u have nothing to lose! This is also the first ever foundation/powder product to not make me break out. IM IN LOVE!!! im just so sad i didnt discover this like a decade ago! I realized all along it was foundation making me breakout, not all my products. THIS IS A HOLY GRAIL!!!!!!!!!!! I have very oily skin and this keeps me matte all day. This product is just GREAT all around for oily skins and probably dry too, but im not sure...

on 6/3/2003 10:09:00 PM

LOVE THIS!!!! Very silky and light. Cypress Beige is perfect for summer when I get just a touch darker (even though I avoid the sun). Keeps oiles under control better than studiofix (C3), and it doesn't make me itchy. I have tried it damp with a foundation brush and found that I have to work quickly and it is a touch darker. I think I like it better dry. The packaging is good, with a separate compartment for the sponge. It doesn't seem very expensive at first ($9.00), but there is less than 0.3 oz of product, so I imagine that you'd go through it pretty fast. I do wish there were more shades, since the Cypress Beige will probably be too dark in winter, and Laurel Nude is too light. The Ivory shade is a bit too pink. All in all, I will continue to repurchase throughout the summer.

on 5/30/2003 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Oooh, this stuff is so silky. It goes on great and you decide how much coverage you want. It also controled some of my oilies. The price isn't dirt cheap but it's inexpensive. Rave!