July 30, 2014 | 1916 users online

Powder - Palladio - Wet/Dry foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2003 10:40:00 AM More reviews by Ninaleen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOOOOOOOVEd this foundation. I say lovED because like I've said before, my skin gets used to everything and begins to reject it. But this foundation I actually bought twice, and after a while I will buy it again. GREAT coverage, matte finish, keeps oily shine away, easy to apply, beautiful colours, it really is just wonderful. I imagine it might be a little too powdery for girls with dry skin and the coverage too dark for people with beautiful complexions. But for everyone else, you gotta try this! =)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2003 7:21:00 PM More reviews by quallschristina

OH MY GOD, THIS IS INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel like crying, this is a true miracle. THANK YOU sooo much for all of the reviews,,,i owe makeupalley my life! OK, i tried a maybeline foundation and broke out horribly all over my face, i mean BAD... I bought this and you cannot even tell...it has THE BEST COVERAGE out of ANY foundation EVER! IT is like silky velvet too. I bought Laurel nude which is too light for me but with some blush and a couple minutes later, it starts to look better. I think the next color would've been too dark. Anyway, i cant say ENOUGH about this foundation/powder...PLEASE GO GET IT...u have nothing to lose! This is also the first ever foundation/powder product to not make me break out. IM IN LOVE!!! im just so sad i didnt discover this like a decade ago! I realized all along it was foundation making me breakout, not all my products. THIS IS A HOLY GRAIL!!!!!!!!!!! I have very oily skin and this keeps me matte all day. This product is just GREAT all around for oily skins and probably dry too, but im not sure...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2003 10:09:00 PM More reviews by Eliz26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

LOVE THIS!!!! Very silky and light. Cypress Beige is perfect for summer when I get just a touch darker (even though I avoid the sun). Keeps oiles under control better than studiofix (C3), and it doesn't make me itchy. I have tried it damp with a foundation brush and found that I have to work quickly and it is a touch darker. I think I like it better dry. The packaging is good, with a separate compartment for the sponge. It doesn't seem very expensive at first ($9.00), but there is less than 0.3 oz of product, so I imagine that you'd go through it pretty fast. I do wish there were more shades, since the Cypress Beige will probably be too dark in winter, and Laurel Nude is too light. The Ivory shade is a bit too pink. All in all, I will continue to repurchase throughout the summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2003 11:47:00 PM More reviews by CamiLynn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Oooh, this stuff is so silky. It goes on great and you decide how much coverage you want. It also controled some of my oilies. The price isn't dirt cheap but it's inexpensive. Rave!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2003 3:11:00 PM More reviews by picnoe

I found this by chance while browsing thru Sally Beauty Supply. I usually go for a more pricey foundation, but I happen to be on a budget now, so I decided to take a chance on this low-priced powder foundation ($7.99 on sale) And I LOVE IT! The Laurel Nude shade is great for fair skins, it is controlling my oilyness and the coverage is terrific. I also checked the ingredient list for potentical comodogenic or acneaic ingredients and found none. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2003 2:32:00 PM More reviews by jalin

Thumbs up! I have been bummed b/c I am between shades in my fave powder foundation (Aveda Dual Base) but luckily this was a better match for me. Granted, it still isn't PERFECT but what is?! The texture and coverage are lighter than Dual Base, which IMHO is a good thing. It is also half the price, try to find it on sale and you'll save even more! :) I like the packaging - a sturdy, mirrored plastic compact - and it includes a generous sized square sponge. I haven't tried this wet or with a foundation brush yet, I've only tried it with a sponge wedge and fluffy powder brush. I'll update after I've played with it more. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2003 1:06:00 PM More reviews by Alyonka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This foundation gives you a good coverage, but doesn't make you look overdone, when applied dry. But I don't think it looked natural when I tried to apply it wet. I use the foundation in Laurel Nude, and though I agree that it's probably meant for an olive-undertoned skin, the color goes well with my baby pink blush. Overall it's a good purchase for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2003 7:04:00 PM More reviews by mbartol9

Wow! Where has this been all my life? I almost didn't buy it [like I don't have enough foundations] but I'm so glad I did. The texture is great [velvety, smooth]. Most powder foundations i've tried have been too dry and chalky [studiofix, etc.] I'm a MAC NC15 and the Laurel Nude 400 is perfect--just enough yellow to counterbalance my redness. Used dry it gives sheerer coverage [with a fluffy brush] up to full coverage [with a dry or damp sponge]. I apply it damp to the t-zone where pores are an issue, let it dry and brush it dry over the rest of my face. Works Great! Fabulous Ingredients!! Nice packaging. And you gotta like the price - $10 at Sallys.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2003 8:57:00 PM More reviews by AutumnBliss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this in TAN as a cheaper
alternative to MAC NC40 studio fix.
(Around 10 bucks)It goes on a little more natural looking. However, I do have to touch-up sooner with the Palladio than with the S.F., but it does look Good ! I'd have to say I like it just as well as studio Fix. A thumbs-up product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2003 3:35:00 PM More reviews by hoodoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I agree 100% with all the positive reviews here! This is an underrated gem of a foundation. Very smooth and velvety, not the least bit chalky or powdery-looking. I find that the shades go on a little lighter than they look in the pan. I've used Aveda's dual, Olay Complete Radiance compact, Studio Fix, and Stila IPF and I like Palladio better than any of them!