July 30, 2014 | 1873 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2007 9:58:00 PM More reviews by honey71

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

Goodness, I can't believe I havent written about this yet, I use it every morning, and I really do believe this has tremendously helped control my acne, other than my Hair, Skin & Nails supplement and a silica supplement. In the week before my period I use it 2 times a day sometimes, because that is when my skin freaks out. I like the tingly/cooling feeling, it really feels like it is cleaning my skin, but not stripping it to a arid desert. I follow up with Korres Anti-Stress moisturizer and I am done! This is an absolutely wonderful product, I hope they never discontinue it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2007 8:41:00 PM More reviews by robynethridge

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this only as a mask and I really like it. I use it a couple of times a week and it really seems to help keep my skin clear. I have been pleased and will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2007 1:31:00 PM More reviews by pecantan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i did see improvement in my acne when i was using this product. however, i couldnt take my hair being bleached around the edges,towels being bleached, and i didnt like the consistency of it-it didnt feel like i was really cleaning my skin well.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2007 1:30:00 AM More reviews by Metamorpha

I bought this and used it today as a mask. I tend to be sensative to BP when applied as a lotion, but I liked the way this mask worked. It cools as it dries and it tightened my skin a bit but didn't dry it out any more than other masks I have used. I wouldn't suggest it for anyone with dry skin, but normal to oily types might enjoy it. I also like that I can use it as a cleanser as well, maybe to help control the occasional serious breakout session. Will post an update after I have used it more.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2007 3:22:00 PM More reviews by licoricepirate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

luv this stuff

tingly, cool feeling + clears up acne, without stripping off the top layer of ur skin or drying u out

i just wish it lasted longer, but then again .. it's a 2-in-one so im using twice as much. :/

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2007 12:19:00 AM More reviews by haileysheets

I highly recommend trying this if you have acne-prone skin like I do. I don't use this as a cleanser (I use Cetaphil instead), but I use this as a mask twice a week after washing my face. It sucks up all the excess oil without drying me out. It has also helped to fade some of my red leftover acne scars around my jawline. I hope they never discontinue this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2007 8:44:00 PM More reviews by Sweet_Capri

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an updated review.
I use this only 1x in the evenings to wash my face and take m/u off. It works great. I really have to pay attention when I'm rinsing it off though because this is rather thick and pasty and will stick to the skin, especially around the hairline.
I love the way this feels on my skin, slightly tingly, but not irritating at all. Immediately upon rinsing it off, my skin looks radiant, pores are tight and smooth.
I also have to mention that I was going through a period of time when my hormones went nuts on me and my skin began breaking out into huge pimples, which I rarely got in the past. This, along with Tazorac cleared my skin up in 2 days. I'm not even lying!!!
So glad I gave this product a second chance because I had originally written a bad review for it thinking this was the cause of my irritated skin. I'm so happy with it that I went and purchased a backup! HG material!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2007 12:35:00 AM More reviews by ais4alison

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have had a long... looooong battle with cleansers. So, for me to rave about this one and say its an HG cleanser is HUGE!! But, I seriously love this cleanser and it is now a staple in my skin care routine. My skin is very picky and acne prone, it's oily in the summer and more normal/combo in winter. I find my skin does not like sallyic acid at all (I get worse irritation breakouts when I use SA) and so my acne will only respond to BP cleansers and products. I use Proactiv's wash in the morning, but I prefer to use this cleanser at night because it's creamy and more soothing after a long day. I use makeup removing wipes first, then wash with this. I only use it as a cleanser, it's a little too strong for me to use as a full on mask though. But, the smell is nice, the texture is great.... the only thing, like others have mentioned... is the bottle is a little frustrating and the caps on some bottles don't open and close easily.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2007 12:18:00 PM More reviews by caramelkandii

My dermatologist recommended this to me and said all of his clients love it, so I figured I'd give it a try. It's expensive for an over the counter ($7-8), but it does a good job of making my skin feel smooth. It ISN'T good at removing makeup or a lot of oil, so I wash my face first, then use it as a mask. It gives a nice firm feel, but doesn't close pores or get rid of blackheads. I alternate use or my skin would be too dry, plus it's expensive and wouldn't last long, but I will use again. The only downside is the clay hardens around the cap so it won't close, but that's minor.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2007 12:34:00 AM More reviews by Averil

Yuck! This made me break out on my chin within a few days of use. I got some of the nasty under-skin cyst type zits too. Difficult to rinse off, and if you don't get it all off and get some on the towel when you dry your face, the benzoyl peroxide bleaches the towel! I threw this product out after a couple of weeks.