April 18, 2014 | 1757 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2007 7:09:00 AM More reviews by 21grams

I had a serious bout of breakouts for quite a long period of time due to hormone changes, stress, poor diet and lack of sleep. I have combination skin, prone to clogged pores, and my skin can get flaky during winter periods. This cleanser is my HG and I'm already on to my 2nd tube. All my acnes cleared up within a week of usage and my pores aren't as clogged as before (i have to put on makeup for work everyday, thus partly contributing to clogged pores). The fresh minty feeling makes my face feels really clean. Works great as a deep cleansing mask too. I use this for my pimply back too. Am a new neutrogena and drugstore loots convert!

My only gripe is the cap doesn't close properly. This cleanser contains benzoyl peroxide, so for those sensitive to bp or tend to use products that react against bp, do reconsider using this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2007 6:48:00 AM More reviews by powljbabi

I HIGHLY recommend this product! I've been using this cleanser religiously for the past 6 years and am still loving it. I think Neutrogena introduced a new packaging for this cleanser b/c I hate the new cap...it never closes. That's the only grip I have with this product. But, it cleanses really well and makes your skin feel tingly clean. After rinsing off with warm water, your skin would be so soft, smooth, and glow! My face always feels so clean and minty fresh after using this product. It could also be used as a mask, but I just normally use it as a cleanser unless I'm breaking out or something, then I use it as a mask or spot treatment. I would recommend using a good oil cleanser to get rid of all your makeup and sunscreen(if you wear any), followed by this cleanser and a good moisturizer. For reference, I have combo skin (oily t-zone and slightly dry skin), but I don't normally break out unless I don't sleep and pull all-nighters everyday. So I'm not sure if people with sensitive skin should use this. However, I introduced this to one of my friends who has acne prone skin and he's been using this since then. His skin is noticeably better. So try this out for yourself. It's super cheap too so that's another big plus. As for me...I always want to try every skincare product/brand there is on the market, but I always find myself coming back to this. Nothing compares to the cleanliness Clear Pore Cleanser Mask gives me.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2007 12:30:00 PM More reviews by evangelic20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If you have sensitive skin at all...avoid this product! It cause my face to itch and burn.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2007 3:38:00 PM More reviews by cinnalicorice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is definately my HG cleanser. Very similar to proactiv. I mix a little with baking soda and it makes an amazing gentle scrub! The packaging does suck, the cap is weird. But I'll deal with that for 7 bucks.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2007 11:09:00 AM More reviews by scofiel9

I have oily skin, acne prone. I used this every day for six months. I thought it worked pretty well until I ran out. I stopped using it for a week. My face exploded in acne. Oh my gosh. When I realized that was my one change, I went out that day and got a new bottle. I like the packaging, but the top always breaks for me. Really great cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2007 7:01:00 PM More reviews by LoveLiz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This has been my favorite cleanser for YEARS! I have pretty normal skin, and I know it's thanks to this product. Lathers great, has a refreshing scent, washes cleanly, and leaves my face feeling clean and rejuvenated!

I've found that this product also works ABSOLUTELY AWESOME if used with an aspirin mask. I apply one about 1-2x/week, and it really is my HG in terms of beauty secrets. I take about 6-8 aspirin (Kroger brand tends to work best) in the palm of my hand, and add a few drops of water and pat the blob a few times with a finger to help make it 'mushy'. Then I add an equal amount of this cleanser, combine, and apply. Leave on for 10-15 minutes, rinse, and be amazed! ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2006 9:02:00 PM More reviews by srmakeupalley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product is great. I came across this product while visiting my cousins. I had left my regular cleanser at home and was looking for a replacement that I could use on my trip. This cleanser is awesome. The packing is very simple: a white tube with the name of the product on it. The cleanser itself is white and is of a creamy texture. I have only used this as a cleanser so I cannot comment on its ability as a mask. When I spread this on my face is felt very cooling (gave a very cool feeling to my face). I love the fact that it has a creamy texture but that it does not make me break out. This is due to the fact that the cleanser contains 3.5% benzoyl peroxide. This cleanser is fabulous and has helped to clear up my acne prone skin. I was using the Proactiv cleanser before and I can say that these 2 cleansers are similar. This works just as well as the Proactiv cleanser but without the expensive price. RECOMMENDED.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2006 10:36:00 AM More reviews by najeema

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great product!! It's the only face wash I've stuck with, and I've been using it for almost 4 years now. It works incredibly well on my oily, slightly breakout prone skin. It leaves me skin smooth, gets off all my makeup, and prevents breakouts. Before this, I'd used products with salicylic acid, which always left my skin irritated. The benzol peroxide here controls my oil, but it's not too harsh on my skin. On the rare occasion I've tried something else, I inevitably come back to this product. And while I find it expensive for a drugstore brand, it's cheaper than higher-end products and works better for me!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2006 4:32:00 PM More reviews by hannahlise

ok, i was warned about the "not-for-sensitive-skin" quality of this product, but was willing to take the risk if it cleared out the clogged pores around my nose. it did...but my skin turned red for about 1 hour. the results after the redness faded were great though, the pores around my nose were cleared out and smaller, and my face feels smooth. i think this would work great for someone with normal or oily skin...or just not as sensitive as mine.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2006 12:28:00 AM More reviews by a_ro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After Proactiv stopped working I started to use this. Although it didnt clear me up completely, I did notice improvement. I liked the tingly, clean feeling when using it. It also helped clear up the blackheads on my nose. After a while it seemed like it wasnt doing much so I stopped using it. I tried to use it again recently and it felt terrible on my face, probably due to the fact that I started using Differin & some other acne medications-it was just way to harsh for me and felt my skin was burning instead of the tingly sensation...but I would use again if my skin wasnt sensitive from the acne medications and I like that it has a dual purpose ...on a side note, as some others mentioned it will bleach whatever it touches!