October 21, 2014 | 903 users online

Liquid - Mary Kay - Medium Coverage Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2003 7:18:00 PM More reviews by FlamingJune

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this when they discontinued the Day Radiance (which i loved.) Although it was longlasting and provided good coverage, it seemed to magnify the whiteheads on my nose and sometimes settled into the pores in my cheeks. I'm sure this would work great for someone with smoother skin - but just wasn't for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2003 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Noahsmom

Decent coverage but not very long lasting. Didn't hold up to my t-zone.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2003 3:13:00 PM More reviews by sweetdana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I received Mary Kay Medium Coverage Foundation as a gift. It only takes a small amount, and looks so natural when applied. My trouble however was that it only lasted a couple of hours, and left my face extremly oily( I have oily skin) so this product just wasnt for me. If you have combination skin this would probably be a good investment. Those with oily skin I would recommend staying away.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2003 8:16:00 PM More reviews by tinateague

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't think I've ever liked a product so much. The coverage is excellant. I have very oily skin,but don't let the thicknest full you. It's velvity soft, and matte finished end result. I can't get a high enough rating.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2003 12:14:00 AM More reviews by Tuhreesuh

I think Mary Kay foundations are really good in quality, but can use some improvement in the shades they offer. But I also do have a hard face to match, as it is very rosy and pale in the face, and my neck is quite darker and tan. However, I got this in Ivory 202 which is yellow-based and I think it worked well to blend the two together. You must work fast with this foundation. it leaves a nice matte finish on my skin, but my nose does break through with oil fairly quickly, so I'm not sure about its oil controlling properties. i would buy this again, but if I find another line with a better shade....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2003 2:29:00 PM More reviews by mspicky

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

super huge RAVE for MaryKay medium coverage foundation, the new one.
I was looking for something that offers full coverage of any emergencies that might happen on my wedding day in hot august. That means something long-wearing.
Though MAC full coverage looked good at first, within half an hour it started melting off, and it's not that hot here yet. Revln CSN was not matching for me at all, far too orange or pink, as with all revlon foundations on me, a fair girl with yellow undertones.
Having had relative success with color matching from MK in the past when a friend was a seller (the oil free foundation was the only thing I ever bought), I tried the equivalent color suggested by the website in the medium coverage foundation.
Lo and behold, absolutely perfect coverage after a whole stupid week of breakouts after testing Bare Minerals foundation. My skin looks incredibly smooth, blemish free, really really good, yet maintaining a natural looking finish, even after powdering. And my skin is just awful this week! This will be my wedding-day makeup, thank you Mary Kay! Bows down in homage.

BTW, I love the sanitary squeeze tube, and I'm a little lighter than MAC NC30 and take Ivory 202. I have combo skin verging on oily. If you are dry or normal skin, you will find this foundation too drying and hard to blend.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2003 4:44:00 PM More reviews by gavinsmom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the new MK foundations, especially the medium coverage, since I have normal/combo skin. I use Ivory 100 and can use it as a concealer and a foundation and get excellent coverage while still looking extremely natural. The new formulations really seem to be lighter and last longer than the previous oil-free MK foundation I used to wear.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2003 9:24:00 PM More reviews by HoMeSkillet8212

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ugghhh....yuck. This is like toothpaste..its so pasty feeling. The colors seem kinda fake too, and the finish is pretty ashy and flat looking. I have DRY skin, but suprisingly this totally broke me out in oil in like 2 hours, and I usually NEVER get oil. I used to use their Day Radiance line, which was a lot better, but they discontinued it. Don't even try the full coverage..its even pastier. I wouldn't call this medium coverage, I would call it more like doesn't cover any minor imperfections or evens out your skin tone, just looks like you put heavy paint all over red skin. This may be ok for some people..but there are BETTER foundations out there!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2003 7:08:00 PM More reviews by Kminer

The first MK foundation I have liked! I always sample them and am never satisfied so was skeptical when my MK rep (also one of my best friends) told me about the new ones. I tested this and the full coverage - preferring this one, which is marketed for normal to oily skin. I found the perfect color match in Beige 305 which I thought would have been too dark, but wasn't. Liquid foundation that applies and covers like a Dream! I am a cream to powder girl, and I really find this product similar in how it feels, looks, and covers. It is creamy, spreads well (I use the MAC foundation brush) and covers all uneven tone )not zits by itself, I still have to use concealer. It is transfer resistant, and yet easily washes off. I love dusting a light loose powder over it to set the look. It stays all day and night. I get a little oiy in my T zone so I just use a tad of MOM under this foundation in that area and I stay matte most of the day! Doesn't itch, feel tight, clog my pores - it's a DREAM! I've actually stopped buying my beloved Prescriptives Cream to powder for this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2003 4:42:00 PM More reviews by jenvince

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was trying to finish some other things up before trying this, but glad I didn't wait any longer. I tried the Medium Coverage (for normal to oily skin) in Ivory 200. Not only a perfect match for me, but went on smoothly and very easy to apply. Gave me coverage but doesn't look heavy or caked. In fact, it looks very natural. Dries to a very nice finish - didn't even need to use powder to set or anything. Am super happy with this.

I have been using BE powder foundation, but it has started looking kind of heavy, hence why I played around with some other things. The MK foundation will be great for summer.

Comes in a tube, which is nice, as I've always been annoyed with foundations in a bottle. Especially with getting the last of it out. This is great packaging.