Avene Thermal Water

4.2

Bicarbonate 226.7 mg/l, Silica 10.6 mg/l, Calcium 42.7 mg/l, Magnesium 21.2 mg/l, Selenium <5 microgr/l, Zinc 20 microgr/l, Copper <5 microgr/l. Dry residue mineral content 207 mg/l. Neutral pH 7.5

on 9/26/2008 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I don't entirely understand how, or why, but this is fantastic stuff that works. It is indeed just water, in a can (with nitrogen), that you spray on your face. Comes in various sizes: 300 ml good for home, 150 ml for work, 50 ml for travel.

Here's the uses I've found for it:

1. After cleansing, spray on face, wait a minute, then pat dry-ish, then moisturise.

2. Spray onto a cloth or cotton-wool pad and apply to any irritated or inflamed bits of skin, as a cool compress: great on time of the month spots, and really good after applying spot-treatment. Generally calms and soothes skin.

3. Spray on face when feeling dehydrated at work.

I gather this works better than other waters because of the low mineral, high trace element, and high silica content. The Avene spa proper uses gallons of the stuff in their treatments. Been there, done that, great results - though it might also be the lovely place, excellent food, and general relaxation. I also know many people with serious skin conditions who swear by the stuff and its transformative effects.

But all that aside - I still don't really understand this stuff, only know that it works very nicely indeed for me. I wouldn't claim it has miraculous powers, mind you, but am happy to keep forking out my hard-earned cash for it.

At least worth a try - the 50 ml small version would last you at least a good couple of weeks, used morning and evening and fairly liberally during the day. continued >>

on 9/20/2008 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This product has been a God send.

Last year my skin suddenly had a bad reaction to the acne products I was using and has since been very sensitive to anything I use on it.

After months of flare-up after flare-up I became weary of putting any products on my skin, even moisturiser. This summer I was in London and having heard terrible stories about the water there decided to take a bottle of this stuff with me to use after I washed my face.

When I came back home and stopped using it I noticed the difference. My skin had been so much calmer and looked nice and hydrated when I was away and the only thing that had changed was the thermal water.

I now use it on my face, neck and chest twice a day. I am Muslim so I also use it on my face after I have washed for prayer, which is about three-four times a day, it is very hydrating and means I don't have to keep reapplying moisturiser (and therefore more chemicals).

It has made such a difference! My skin looks supple and hydrated. I can even use it instead of moisturiser during the day, especially now in the summer, it's that hydrating!

The packaging is nothing special, the usual spray cans. I do find the various sizes very convenient: I carry the really small ones everywhere; the medium ones I use when I travel; and the largest size I have at home to use everyday.

Would definitely repurchase.

on 9/15/2008 8:15:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I got this at Singapore's Changi airport for 27.90 Singapore dollars. That's for two 300ML bottles. It's the cheapest retail price I've seen so far. I have one bottle in the office and one at home. I like it spray it on my face and eyes a few times a day to keep them moist. Honestly, I'm not sure if this is better than Evian, but it's certainly not more expensive. It's much better than plain water because of the fine spray. And water in a spray bottle will go bad.

EDIT: This does nothing noticeable for me. I now use DHC toners for moisture. I do this occasionally to moisturise my eyes in an air conditioned office.

on 9/11/2008 6:57:00 AM

I have no idea water is supposed to be clean & if i made my own spray - i was supposed to change the water often! & anyway i was spraying myface with chlorine! (tap water)

I got this just for kicks to keep myself awake at work during the day from my breast feeding career at nite. I must say it does keep my skin nice & moist - not tight.

My pimples have subsided abit - i am going to continue this to see if this product attributes to the pimple improvement too.

I want to add - working in an airconditioned office, with combination skin, if i spray more than 5 times throughout the day - the skin will feel a little dry around the nose edges.

Best combination skin - around 5 times a day. Over use may cause the skin to dry.

on 9/9/2008 3:22:00 PM

I love Avene thermal water! It calms and soothes any irritation on skin, which I need while having such sensitive skin. I have been using this product for some years. Some people use it as a toner, saying that this is not a good product. I have to say they use it wrong. This is not a toner. So, don't expect it exfoliate, deep clean, and moisturize as a toner. It is, as it claims, a soothing and anti-irritating spray. And it does its job so well! The only little complaint I have is that sometimes you may get a bad spray head.

on 9/8/2008 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I've been using this product for over a yr now and although I still think it's just water, I really enjoy using it. It's great for setting my mineral makeup or just as a toner after cleansing. Even after moisturizing to get that cool refreshing feeling. I bought the big can for $32 which I think is a little expensive for water but oh well. I actually swtich between avene and the shuuemura mist, and the only difference is that the shu uemura one has oils and frangrance :D

on 9/4/2008 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I used to love this so much and thought that I have found my HG. However, I started to develop dryness and some irritation, so I had to stop, and it feels so much better now.

on 9/2/2008 5:12:00 PM

The thermal water has a cooling effect due to the aerosol spray. Skin feels refreshed and it calms down irritated skin a bit but I'm not sure if it's mainly a mind thing. Since it's totally chemical free and safe for the body, I'd like to have a can of this around but cannot justify the regular price at $20 plus tax for 300ml. I spray on full face and neck twice a day and the biggest bottle only lasts a little over a month. I will stock when it's on sale.

I liked this at first, it was so refreshing but it started drying my face and I got some irritation also ...after a few weeks of use

on 8/4/2008 5:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

No irritation to my skin at all. I use this after cleansing and then tissue off before moisturizing. The spray is finer than evian but to be honest, not really sure there is much difference between the two.

Popular Face Skincare Products