October 25, 2014 | 1764 users online

Skincare - Face - Avene - Thermal Water

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2008 3:24:00 AM More reviews by lexymiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I’ve just purchased this thermal water together with Eluage (which I’m about to start). I used Evian water before, and I thought it was pretty good before starting with this Avene water. But boy…. Have I been wrong….What a difference!!!! This truly instantly soothes!!!! It is a fine mist that my skin soaks up pretty fast, and feels very calming!

I’ve been lucky at keeping my facial redness at minimum using other products, but adding this to my routine completely erased my redness! I went from bright red to “flushed” using some great stuff. But when I added this Thermal Water, in just three days I’m completely flush free! I am positive it is this particular product that has done it, as it is the only new addition to my regimen! I use it after I cleanse, both morning and evening. I also add a spritz here and there, because it is so lovely. I have found my HG! Wonderful product!
UPDATE: (3/21) Yup........ still working wonders!!! Loving it!!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2008 2:37:00 PM More reviews by tuffins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I own several cans of this and they are sprinkled all over my house. This is an essential part of my make-up routine. I use this to set both my mineral foundation (Lumiere) and blush. Apply make-up and spritz. Dewey, not pasty dry like some MM can leave me all by itself. I also use this to spray my face after I get out of the shower. It really DOES help to minimize redness brought on by break-outs. Another plus to this product is it doesn't "crystalize" on my face like some other spray water stuff I have tried. The SA at London Drugs says thats because it has less salt than those other waters. Another thing this product is great at is soothing irritated skin brought on by shaving/waxing. It's very expensive, about $19 in Canada but LD has a special running a while back that was 'spend $30 on Avene products and get a free Cold Cream facial cleanser" <---- MY HG! So all in all I am stocked with thermal water and got a great cleanser to boot. Check for those kind of sales at LD they happen quite frequently.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2008 1:31:00 AM More reviews by Rovi

I looooove this product! I spray on as a toner after I cleanse but it is lovely over makeup as well, freshens up the face. I use the large 300ml can which is about $21 (Australian) and lasts me several months, I use it twice a day. One thing I want to mention is that a sales assistant, who was helping me with some Avene products, once told me never to shake the can, which really surprised me because I automatically shake any can before spraying. I can't remember exactly why but it makes it difficult for the water to spray out, or something like that. Now I don't know if it was my imagination but when I stopped shaking the can I found that the water sprayed out easier and the can lasted longer.

ps. this is my first review, how cool!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2008 11:25:00 PM More reviews by zhenya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked this enough to repurchase, though I wouldn't pay the full U.S. retail price. I use a retinoid, AHA, BHA, and azelaic acid, so occasionally my skin gets unhappy and revolts by turning blotchy and super irritated. This spray seems to help calm down the irritation, and I like that I'm not adding more products to my skin. Sometimes I'll use this to dampen my face before applying products. It's not essential, but I do find it useful to have around.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2008 10:10:00 PM More reviews by banana_008

I don't care if this is just water can it feels so good! It's a nice treat in the summer whether it be after cleansing, or to refresh the face during the day. Also works really well over makeup.. smoothes out any cakeyness and leaves a natural dewy finish. The only other water type products I've tried are the Lush rosewater and the clinique moisture surge spray, which are also nice, but the spray bottle deposits too much to use over makeup. I got the avene water for free when I bought a moisturizer, so hopefully they will bring that set back this summer because I'm not sure if I'd pay full price for this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2008 4:22:00 PM More reviews by FastKitty99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried Avene Thermal Water since the local Walmart has been out of Aquafina hydrating facial spray, my usual spray, for over a month now. Compared to Aquafina, the Avene mist covered my face better and was cool, refreshing, and soothing. It's great to use over mineral makeup and leaves my skin nice and dewy. It's a bit pricier than Aquafina, but overall, it's worth it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2008 8:57:00 AM More reviews by Anitag

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I agree with the reviewer below. This stuff although highly rec. by nearly every magazine and SA, just drys out my skin. I think that shu uemera Depsea water or Evian is better than this. Saying that someone I know from France (who recommended Avene) said that they never buy the Avene products from here in the UK, because they said that they were not the same thing! Well I'm not sure about that but apart from the skin revcovery cream which was a God send when I had mild rosacea, I don't like anything else in the range.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2008 5:16:00 PM More reviews by Gimferrer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this because I went into an Avene mood and bought several of their products and this because seems very popular and also I have been using my Toner for over 20 years and I was tired of it.

I love the package, the way it delivers the product into the skin or suck into cotton pads and I love the design of White and Pink, looks very hygenic and Clean next to other brands that look tacky like Roc, l'Oreal or Boots (no offence)

But the product as such left my skin sooooo Dry and soooooo tight it was unbearable and very unconfortable . I love skin products that are nice to my skin and this it wasn't.

This can be used as the last step to clean the face or to Prepare for the product you are going to use afterwards or for refreshing the face... but it's not an *essential* in a Skin regime Routine I like to have a Toner in my cabinet that I can use ocasionally but not this one.

I am in the 20% that don't like it :( ....C'est La Vie

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2008 12:57:00 AM More reviews by parablearc

I bought smaller (150 mL) and bigger (300 mL) versions of this water in a can. I know... some would argue why buy expensive water just to evaporate! But this is nothing like any regular water! It's spring water with minerals! All good for your skin anyhow.
I love to put this on whenever I feel my skin is very very dry. Like when you don't put on a moisturizer right away after washing, due to the tap water... I spray this on as a toner/lotion. I love the feeling I get! It's very soft and feels refreshed.
I would recommend buying a bigger can because it's a better value. But smaller can may be better for some who doesn't need to spray everyday, like in winter. I would buy this water over and over again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2008 9:09:00 PM More reviews by Lalie

This water smelled so awful, like nitrogen or some other chemical--I'm not sure if it's because my spray is two years old--that could be it. It worked okay, but I am not sure if it's supposed to smell this way. Anyway, I might try it again and then update at a later time.