November 21, 2014 | 1836 users online

BB Cream - L'Oreal - Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2012 1:33:00 PM More reviews by kp47

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't wear foundation because I like light formulas on my skin that doesn't feel heavy, so I decided to try BB cream. This one isn't bad in terms of coverage and colour matching. The only thing I'm not a fan of about it is the flecks of glitter in it. I wanted BB cream for a quick fix before class and I don't really want shimmer on my face for day to day use. So I use it mostly for going out now. Otherwise its a good product. It feels light and the coverage is good

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Bylaw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

HOLY CRAP!! This stuff is awesome!!

I virtually never wear foundation of any kind. Ever. Maybe I will have my makeup done by a pro for very special occasions, and have a Garnier BB cream that I would use for semi-formal stuff, but you will not find me using any kind of base from day to day. I have freckles and an uneven skin tone but that is what I look like, so be it. I won't be caking on any gross, greasy, pore-clogging, mismatched, high maintenance junk all over my face. Plus my boyfriend hates it (he can't have it rubbing off on his uniforms). So, I skip it. I have never been able to find one that really matched under fluorescents that I could afford, and I didn't want the added time to my routine and I hate that it rubs off on clothes. So foundation is not part of my regimen.

I received a tiny sample of this in the mail with an order of hair product and decided to give it a spin just out of curiosity and see how it compared to the Garnier.

This stuff...wow. Went on super smoothe, blended right into my skin, you can't even really tell it's there, and I look...more even, more glowy maybe? More done without being OVERdone at all. I love it and it is so easy! I am not sure if I blended it perfectly but it doesn't seem to matter, since it matched and just disappeared, rendering my face like a canvas with almost no effort. I just apply it like a moisturizer, a few dots and rub and that's really all there is to it.

Never thought it was possible to look this good this easily. Not that I would be using this every day (I'm too granola for that) but it didn't make me break out at all, and it was SUPER life-saving when my alarm didn't go off the other day and I was forced to skip my shower to make it to work on time, but was supposed to go to a special dinner that evening with my boyfriend. Yikes! I ran home from work to do an emergency makeover. This beautifier cream took me from slept-in looking and gross to clean and perfect in no time! Beautifier it certainly is.

As low maintenance and inept with foundation as I am, this cream was MADE for me. I went out and bought two with a coupon. HOORAY!

Edit: I did notice after the second or third use that the Light was a *tad* orange. I don't have any kind of tan right now and live in the Pacific Northwest so I am what you would call WHITE. So, I went out and snagged a tube of the Fair. Fair is a little chalky.

So I mixed the two.

Viola.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by Bottles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was very intrigued when the BB trend started, and since I tend to love almost all of L'Oreal's products I went with this one first. I do not love the little needle nose tip, it's hard to get back into the long slender cap sometimes. The formula comes out white with blue beads, and even when I emulsify in my hands first those beads tend to feel gritty on my skin. It matches my skin OK and does a pretty good job of evening things out, but I agree with other reviewers that it can be a little orange sometimes. I always put foundation right over it, so I do not know about it wearing off. I think I will try Maybelline's version when I run out.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2012 1:30:00 AM More reviews by ariax

Personally, I really like this product. I think it goes on light-feeling and doesn't clog your pores and unlike a lot of foundations or cover up, it doesn't feel like it's just sitting on your face looking cakey. As for the reviews saying it came out orange, I too experienced this at first. But if you put too much on, and rub it in with your fingers, that tends to happen. But what I do, which helped a lot, is to dot it on your face and then use a cosmetic sponge to dab it around until it is no longer the white color it came out as. I really do like this product, and have tried the BB Cream by Maybelline and I still like the L'Oreal product more.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2012 1:13:00 AM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this in Light, and was totally disappointed with it. It goes on nice enough...it's a light white color very similar to the magic primer, but once applied, it turned orange! Not even tan, but orange! I ended up wiping most of it off.,..I didn't notice any moisturizing or skin benefits, but I had very little on, if any, I applied it from the back of my hand, and it seemed to amplify skin texture, but it was hard to get past the orange color, to see if it did anything for my skin. If this were more natural and a true light color, it might not be too bad, It seemed to cover blemishes and spots ok, but anything with pigment will do that. I can't recommend due to the DS orange color, and the weird chalky look to it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2012 9:50:00 PM More reviews by Katjina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I quite like this BB Cream. I bought the palest shade and it matches my skin perfectly, and turns into a silky/powdery texture in a few seconds after being applied. It blends amazingly with blush as well. Only negative thing; I never get to extract the right amount: it's either too little or too much.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/18/2012 4:29:00 PM More reviews by BADKITTY13

This is the worst of the worst! Like putting dirty dry paste all over your face! Made me look awful! I washed it off right after I applied it!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2012 1:00:00 PM More reviews by Jolly911

This really is a terrible product. I had been using the BB cream by Garnier for a while and felt like a change. So I purchased this. I really wish I never did. It made my skin break out terribly and my skin barely ever breaks out. Quite the contrary, my skin tends to be on the dry side.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/12/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by taylersue

This BB cream is OK. With that being said, It is a little bit orange after a little while. It wipes off very easily when you don't use primer. You could use primer to help it stay on but then that would defeat the purpose of using a BB cream! It does though keep my face less oily then usual.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2012 11:16:00 AM More reviews by raqalichavez

I enjoy this bb cream so much that I ran out of it in a couple of weeks. I didn't find that it added any moisture but it did make my skin look great. I don't think my skin gained any benefit from using this but I enjoyed using it because the packaging was simple and great for traveling. I like dthat it applied quickly and matched my color perfectly. I like that it was inexpensive I think about $7 at CVS and I liked that it didn't irritate my skin, no breakouts. This blends very well and a little goes a long way. Great for someone with already good skin and just wants a little color or to add a little tiny bit of glow. I liked this product and will purchase and recommend to a friend just for the simplicity of it matching my skin perfectly.