October 25, 2014 | 1030 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2012 6:00:00 AM More reviews by sharreb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this! I read great reviews and was really looking to get it in my country; finally arrive in guardian. peach parfait was a really wonderful shade, suitable for my skin colour. I like that it's not lipstick and not glossy. you can wear it light for everyday or blot and reapply more to get more glitter for night out. I have to take off a lippie as staying power was not that great, 2 to 3 hr. regardless it's a great product and did not dry my lips but I read other shades may be sheer so my review only apply to this shade and since I love it so much repurchasing is a must, not sure if I will try other shades.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2012 9:36:00 PM More reviews by 20Styx12

I am not a lipstick or a gloss person, so these lip butters are perfect for me when I need to look polished! Wearing them is turning into an everyday thing for me because I love these so much. Had to take off a lippie because I always have to wear chapstick under this and they don't have good staying power. I don't mind reapplying at all, but the tube comes with so little product, it's kind of a bummer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2012 11:03:00 AM More reviews by pinkflowergirl3

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love my Revlon lip butters...my colors...
Berry Smoothie...pink berry
Creamsicle...light peach
Cotton Candy...pale pink with a little gold
Cupcake...baby pink
Gumdrop...pale lilac
Peach Parfait...soft peach
Strawberry Shortcake...light pink

They look so pretty, are creamy,not sticky...
Thank you Revlon for making something so nice!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2012 2:03:00 AM More reviews by lizzea

Ahhh love these so much. My HG Lip product. Moisturising and pigmented enough for me and have the shades that suit my skin tone. Some are a little too sheer for me but you can just avoid them as there are so many different shades that will suit people. Love.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2012 11:43:00 PM More reviews by Kkate142

Lollipop
Berry Smoothie
Cupcake
Creamsicle
I like all of them but I prefer Baby Lips alot better.
These have nice pigmentation and colors.
I like the packaging, but it is a little too mature for me (I am 13) and looks like a lipstick.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2012 3:55:00 PM More reviews by fygstone

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

These are the shades I tried:
Sugarplum
Lollipop
Red Velvet
Fig Jam

First I'd like to reminisce: Do you girls remember L'oreal Color Juice lipstick, the first batch? It was pigmented yet sheer on the lips and the perfect gloss/lipstick hybrid, it really had the perfect shine for a lipstick.
So with this seed planted in my head I went about trying the Famous Revlon Lip Butters:

Upon uncapping, which is difficult as the lid/cap extends to the base of the lipstick, I mean it is very difficult to get this cap off if like me you do your makeup in the bathroom and often have wet or slimy hands from other product. And the quilted plastic is a bit cheesy, but I find all Revlon packaging cheesy, except for that gel eyeliner w/built in brush.
Anyway, upon uncapping the shades look intense but with a soft transparent melty texture. Because of that first impression, I really wanted these to be like L'oreal Color Juice Lipstick. Close but no cigar, apparently texture and color pay off vary shade from shade. The texture is soft and creamy but not quite sheer. It is truly buttery, unlike the Color Juice (still missing you!) which was lipsticky and firm. I feel the Lip Butters would melt in the tube if I took them to the pool or beach. Sometimes if I apply in a hurry it feels like it might melt off my mouth. I haven't had an averse reaction to Red Velvet or Fig Jam, but Sugarplum and Lollipop left me chappy.

Allow me to continue:
I'll start with the losers first, Sugarplum and Lollipop. Both these colours are beautiful in the tube. Sugarplum is a subtle plum pink shade while Lollipop is the bright fuschia. These two lose because of the high glitter content which made itself very obvious upon the second application. This was full on disco glitter not a mere frosting and because these are lip butters they don't last long so reapplication is neccesary. My lips are pigmented and have fine little wrinkles, the glitter and trace color just sunk into them after the first reapplication and no amount of lipliner /lipstain or application method was going to get rid of the excess glitter. Sugarplum is has more grip where as Lollipop was buttery. They may be nice to use as a topcoat to a drier lipstick or I'll try to use these as a cream blush. As intended these were a strike out.

Now, let's talk about Red Velvet and Fig Jam. If I were 20 years younger these two would be my go to lipstick.They are similar in texture and color payoff but lasting time is different. Fig Jam is a soft pinky brown, Red Velvet is a creamy red brick with a subtle orange base. I apply these over the NYC lipstain pen in berry long time. Fig Jam is stickier than her sister which makes her a bit longer lasting. Red Velvet is a lovely color and for me the perfect red, but difficult to apply without getting clown mouth due to the texture; buttery and slides a lot. Color payoff is big about two swipes is enough for me but getting this to stay on the 45 minutes of my subway commute is a pain. In all these two are good for when I want to look put together but don't feel like it ie errands, grocery shopping, doing the laundry.
Fig Jam lasts a bit longer, more grip and the texture is not as melty as her sister. Also, the color really suits me, this is MLBB.
But, I really tried to like these...I wanted to love these but it's been about two months and I've come to the conclusion; Revlon Lip Butter is an average product. They should have left it in the lab a bit longer, as the idea is great but the execution is not so good. I will not purchase this product again and will stay away from Revlon products until I read reviews here first.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2012 1:57:00 PM More reviews by mspaigie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to start out by saying these are not moisturizing at ALL. I have two, peach parfait and sweet tart. Peach Parfait actually sucks the moisture out of my lips.

>>Peach Parfait>Sweet Tart<<
This color is gorgeous and creamy. It feels better on the lips then peach parfait, but it's still not super moisturizing. the color is intense, but the wear time is very short. it is a nice bright pinky fushia.

overall, i think these are hit and miss. i don't agree with all the hype. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2012 10:58:00 AM More reviews by meganmartin123

man,i love these! they are so smooth and creamy and have alot of pigmintation,but they dont like a lipstick on which is awesome. I especially love their large colour selcetion

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2012 3:50:00 AM More reviews by d61rlz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

in general, i love this product.. the packaging is cute! the scent smells like butter.. the consistency is very moisturizing,wet,and some of them are pigmented like other lipstick.. many people complain that the color doesn't spread evenly on the lips.. however, if you apply on chapped lips it would be turn that way.. it would be even if you apply on a very healthy lips.. my COMPLAIN is when you roll it up, sometimes it' s hard to roll it down.. maybe because the product is too smooth or what.. you really need to be careful don't roll it too high.. so far, i have 5 of them which are : creme brulee, strawberry shortcake, cotton candy, creamsicle, and sugar frosting.. and my FAVORITE would be CREME BRULEE and CREAMSICLE.. creme brulee has a brown undertone while the creamsicle has peach undertone.. but both are nude finish.. sugar frosting doesn't seem pigmented enough but it has a shimmer pinky finish.. BE CAREFUL!!! not everyone suits with shimmer pink otherwise you'll be turn like a zombie.. lol XD
my OTHER COMPLAIN would be the netto of the product which is a very little of amount.. since this is lip butter i think it's going to be extravagant..

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2012 1:37:00 AM More reviews by DecoDolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wish I loved these as much as everyone else, but I just find them to be... I dunno. Sorta okay? Definitely not great. And I love Revlon lipsticks, with a passion, so I soooooooooooo wanted to love these. I tried six different shades: Creamsicle, Strawberry Shortcake, Candy Apple, Lollipop, and I can't even remember the other two because I took them back (the only two I kept were Strawberry Shortcake and Candy Apple). My problem with these is that most of the shades are really really blue, sometimes almost white, waaaaay lighter than my natural lip color, insanely frosty, and wash out my pale skin. Even though I kept Strawberry Shortcake, and I have tried and tried to get it to work for me, I just find that it's really unflattering on me. Candy Apple is ok for day time when I want a sheer wash of red, but it actually tends to dry out my lips more than regular lipstick while fading 10 times faster. They seem moisturizing at first, but once I've had one on for a half hour or so, my lips feel tight and flaky.
Sorry Revlon. :(