October 24, 2014 | 1989 users online

Mascara - Jordana - Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2012 8:17:00 PM More reviews by hair2show

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wanted to give this mascara a few days to use to see if it changed my mind from my original application. I would have to rate this a 3.5 actually. This one is tricky for me to sum up.

The pros - NICE DARK color... adds volume, thickens and gives my lashes a "curled" look (I never curl my lashes!). 1 coat and it's natural and perfect for any natural daytime wear!!!!

The cons - Not easy to work with :( I like to use more than one coat...and the more I tried with this.... the clumpier it got and well, it STAYED. :( Not very pliable to work with (I can't help it, I love my Clinique High Lengths!!!)...and I am not overly crazy about the brush. Today was probably the worst I felt about it...I COULD FEEL IT ON ME! I felt like I was at a bar all night, slept in it, and now it's the day after and I am lounging in bed with night before makeup wanting take out Chinese! That was the worst of it, today....when I could actually FEEL it being on my eyes.

For the price, it is alot better than some other crapolas out there, and if you can speed it up before it dries into a clumpy not brushed out mess, you can be tickled! I said I would buy it again, but the verdict is still out. This needs more experimenting.... overall for the price and the dramatic long, thick, curled look lashes it gives you, you really can't beat it :)

UPDATE: I've noticed the longer you have it, the easier it is to work with :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by candicenicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

5's all across the board for this stuff. I'm kind of a mascara junkie so I pile on 2-3 sometimes 4 different mascaras (at night) to make my lashes look really long, thick, and fake without actually having to put on fake eyelashes. My night time routine would be NOTHING without this stuff. seriously, where has this mascara been all my life? It's 2.99 and it's literally the best 2.99 i've ever spent. I've repurchased about 2 times and it honestly makes my lashes look perfect with just this one mascara. My ONLY and I mean ONLY complaint, is that it isn't waterproof. I usually only wear waterproof mascara so my resolution for this is to apply my Jordana mascara and then a quick layer of Covergirl lash blast fusion (waterproof) to finish it off. LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 4:40:00 AM More reviews by jenny90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

AMAZING!! Best mascara ever! Love the brush, great formula - not too wet, not too dry, doesn't flake or smudge, lengthens and volumizes, holds my curl, inexpensive! Could you ask for a better mascara?? It makes my lashes look amazing! I will continue to purchase this!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2012 5:25:00 PM More reviews by Bellasima

Can't lie, this is by far the BEST mascara I've ever used! No smudge, no flake, black as black gets, lengthens, thickens, curls. This stuff is amazing. Got a tube for my mom who has short sparse lashes and even she is in love. Gotta love dirt cheap HG.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2012 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Peaches1027

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this mascara based on board recommendations. This is inexpensive, makes my lashes thick and black, and does not smudge, even after wearing it all day. No wonder it's hard to find. I will definitely repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2012 11:34:00 PM More reviews by Sassyrred

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Yet another "Rave" for Jordana mascara, $3.79 @ Walgreens! I tripped upon the reviews recently & drove to Walgreens. I'm shocked, like others mentioned on MUA, how nice this is! My fave currently is/was Benefit, They're Real for $23 BUT move over! I can't really even explain what makes it so great. The wand isn't fancy but it gives the illusion of lengthen/volume & feathery dark lashes.I don't need to curl my lashes, yet it stays all day, coats evenly, little wet so go slowly and let it dry, especially bottom lashes. I have no issues removing it, but I usually use jojoba oil to remove my mascaras. It's kind of strange, there is nothing really special that jumps out, yet this "cheap" drugstore mascara really does a great with "making" pretty good lashes!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2012 11:15:00 PM More reviews by LaceyH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

after hearing all of the positive things fellow MUA-ers had to say about this, i figured I'd finally give it a try. Up till trying this, my HG mascara was waterproof maybelline falsies flared.

I found this easily at Walgreens, for I think 2.99-ish or so.

packaging is nothing special, but i'm not a huge fan of the brush/wand. It gets the job done, but I've used better. i prefer the curved ones.

the formula isn't waterproof, but somehow it still holds a curl just as well as waterproof, and it doenst smudge. Even better, its not as difficult to remove as waterproof formulas are! I use a baby wipe, and the regular face cleanser, and it's all off.

the brush tends to pick up too much product, so I have to be very careful not to apply too much. I apply to the tips first, and then from the roots to the ends, and only go over each area from roots to ends of lashes no more than 2 times. with other mascaras i go over each area 3 or 4 time to get the buildup i want, but with this its really easy to over-do it!

all in all, i am VERY impressed! this adds both length and volume, and as long as I'm cautious it doenst get all clumpy. I'll definately re-purchase in the future, and I'm greatful to MUA for this rec!

UPDATE (11/1/12): SO, every time since the forst time i've used this, it has been goopy-- REALLY goopy. as in its impossible not to get clumpy spider lashes unless i wipe almost ALL of the product off the wand and THEN apply. I'm thinking of adding in a few drops of salene solution to thin it out a bit, and then i'll try again.

*is sad, and takes off 2 lippies*

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2012 10:57:00 PM More reviews by AmyDbaby

I haven't used a drugstore mascara in 10 years as they all smudge on me. I've stuck with tubing mascara usually alternating between Kiss me and Trish. I've tried some of the latest and greatest mascaras here and there but they all smudged. I had to run into Walgreens last week and while there I saw the Jordana display (never noticed it before) and I decided on a whim to just pick it up. Honestly I figuring it would end up in the trash the next day. It did not. Damn if this stuff does not flake or smudge. At all. I slept in it the first night (upper and lower lashes) and woke up smudge free. No irritated eyes. Nothing. My lashes looked great. This is just unheard of with regular mascara (non-tubing).

I do find it needs a comb through after application but I comb my lashes with every mascara I use. It is a little bit heavy on my lashes and weighs them down a tiny bit but I'm playing with application technique to see if I can minimize that issue.

Overall this is a great product. The fact that it's $3 is icing on the cake. For this crazy price you should at least give it a try.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2012 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Pattycakesquare

I adore this mascara!!! First of all, it's the cheapest around. I get it at Walgreen's for $2.99, and it's well worth it!! The brush is excellent, very similar to L'Oreal voluminous. The color is also excellent, very nice, rich black. The formula is very thick, so you may need to scrape off a little first. One coat is really all you need, two if you want to go a little more dramatic. It adds length and volume better than anything else I've tried-and I've used the higher end mascaras too. And, this formula is very long lasting. I don't even need to do a makeup check at work, because I know it didn't smear all over my face. It washes off nice, doesn't pull out any lashes while getting it off either. Go get one, because you won't regret it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2012 4:02:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have tried 40 mascaras in the last 4 years, department store to drugstore and everything between. This is without a doubt one of my favorites ever! $3 at Walgreens and dark black. Doesn't flake or smudge and gives me SUPER dramatic volume... I was asked if my lashes were real, which I believe has only happened with one other mascara (Avon SuperShock). My lashes are naturally long, but not dark or thick, so I am always wanting a plush look. This delivers! At first application, I felt it was a little wet but workable. After a week, the formula was perfection. Around 3.5 weeks, it started to thicken a bit, which means only that I stop at 2 coats instead of going for 3. I'm very impressed with this mascara and will absolutely be repurchasing it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No