November 28, 2014 | 1468 users online

Mascara - Jordana - Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2012 2:34:00 AM More reviews by kellirae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The BEST mascara EVER!!!! This is absolutely the best mascara I have ever used. I cannot believe what it does to my lashes. Also I don't have to use as many coats as I do with other mascaras. It makes my lashes long and full in practically one sweep!! And the price, 2.99!!! I cant believe it. I usually use two mascaras. Before it was Lash Blast first and then the Falsies. I loved the look I got from that combo. Well let me tell you, I haven't used anything else since getting this. Ive tried everything from high end to low end. This is my holy grail!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2012 11:33:00 AM More reviews by kimk

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this last week, and I have figured out how to make it work for me. It is wetter than I really like, so the brush, which is short bristled, picks up too much mascara and it gives me spider lashes, but they are long!

what I did is to take the brush from my used up Clinique High Impact mascara, wash it off well, and then use it with this mascara. A.Maze.Balls. long thick lashses with no clumping or spidering.... Plus, the clinique brush fits exactly into the top of the tube so you can just screw in on in place of the one it comes with.

I didn't give it a 5 rating because it is so utterly non-water-resistant. Water alone is almost enough to remove it - if you get caught in the rain... it won't be pretty. It's more non-water-resistant than any other I think I've ever used. That would be the only drawback to it. Otherwise, unless they change the formula for the worse, this will be in my rotation of mascaras for a long time to come!

UPDATE: 11-26-12. I'm taking this down one notch because it dries up awfully fast. While it's new-ish, it's awesome, but it dried to the point of stickiness and hard-to-apply-ness awfully fast. Given how cheap it is, I will try it again and see if this is just a fluke, but if it does it again, I will probably pass on it, and go back to my standby clinique high impact.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2012 3:26:00 AM More reviews by missmelsie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been through a LOT of mascaras trying to find my HG, so I turned to MUA reviews for a new recommendation and ended up buying this. Unfortunately, it didn't do the job for me and I won't be buying this again.

In saying that, there are a few good pluses about this mascara - it lasts all day and doesn't stray down to the creases under my eyes. It even held up after a gym workout! The black colour is a good, decent black and the formula isn't too watery.

It probably ended up being the brush design but I just found I couldn't get the right volume and thickness I want, and it was hard to get to the smaller lashes. There are definitely worse mascaras out there, but there are also better ones, too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2012 3:00:00 PM More reviews by Walko

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is amazing!! I purchased it based on the reviews here, but as we're all individual, wasn't really expecting much. I've no eyelashes without mascara. This makes them long and thick and even holds a curl. I don't even curl my lashes.Lovely black colour and as easy as any to remove.Dosen't smudge or flake, can't praise highly enough. I've used loads of mascaras over the years as i'm no youngster. One of my favourites is Dior blackout but this stuff gives Dior a run for their money. Try it, I paid 2.50 for mine, and if you're one of the few who dosen't like it at this price so what.Just a few swipes of this and you know you've got mascara on. Can't beleive it for the money!Only downside is the brush does pick up a lot and once I ended up with mascara on my cheeks but this is something you get used to and learn to control.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2012 12:38:00 AM More reviews by samsungasong

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is the best mascara I've ever purchased & especially in relation to the price. I used to swear by Lancome mascara yet this has taken its place. I will use from now on. It doesn't become clumpy or make my lashes stick together upon application & has excellent build up power. Will definitely purchase over & over, in fact I'm purchasing all of my girlfriends one as a present. Very pleased.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2012 9:12:00 PM More reviews by Julesbait

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the kind of product that really makes you question the sanity of anyone who insists on buying high-end mascara.

I'll be the first to admit that left to my own devices, I never in a million years would have given this a glance at Walgreens, just because of the stupid low price of $2.99. But my mom had been using it and, as a former Benefit mascara user, declared Jordana the best mascara ever and gave me one of the 3 tubes she had stashed.

It certainly doesn't look like anything special. A basic, plastic, cheap looking tube. A basic, no-frills brush. But never judge a book by its cover. This stuff is nice and dark, holds a curl forever, doesn't flake or smudge, and it lengthens and volumizes like nothing I've ever tried before. (And I've tried it all, from WnW to Dior.) But the catch is that you've got to work for those great lashes. There's apparently no mechanism in the tube to control the amount of product you get on the brush. And you get A LOT on it. You have to wipe the excess off ever time you pull it out. Also, I find that less is so much more when in comes to application. Using a light hand and only one coat will yield the best results. Otherwise it can get clumpy and gross.

So if you have the patience, the steady hand, and the time, you will be GREATLY rewarded with this inexpensive little gem. And you'll find yourself saying, "Diorwhat?"

UPDATE 10/27: I just opened a new tube of this, and it reminded me of something I forgot to mention. This is one of those mascaras that start to work better after it's been open for a while. So if you first try it and aren't impressed, set it aside for a while and revisit it in a week or two.

35 out of 36 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2012 8:17:00 PM More reviews by hair2show

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wanted to give this mascara a few days to use to see if it changed my mind from my original application. I would have to rate this a 3.5 actually. This one is tricky for me to sum up.

The pros - NICE DARK color... adds volume, thickens and gives my lashes a "curled" look (I never curl my lashes!). 1 coat and it's natural and perfect for any natural daytime wear!!!!

The cons - Not easy to work with :( I like to use more than one coat...and the more I tried with this.... the clumpier it got and well, it STAYED. :( Not very pliable to work with (I can't help it, I love my Clinique High Lengths!!!)...and I am not overly crazy about the brush. Today was probably the worst I felt about it...I COULD FEEL IT ON ME! I felt like I was at a bar all night, slept in it, and now it's the day after and I am lounging in bed with night before makeup wanting take out Chinese! That was the worst of it, today....when I could actually FEEL it being on my eyes.

For the price, it is alot better than some other crapolas out there, and if you can speed it up before it dries into a clumpy not brushed out mess, you can be tickled! I said I would buy it again, but the verdict is still out. This needs more experimenting.... overall for the price and the dramatic long, thick, curled look lashes it gives you, you really can't beat it :)

UPDATE: I've noticed the longer you have it, the easier it is to work with :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by candicenicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

5's all across the board for this stuff. I'm kind of a mascara junkie so I pile on 2-3 sometimes 4 different mascaras (at night) to make my lashes look really long, thick, and fake without actually having to put on fake eyelashes. My night time routine would be NOTHING without this stuff. seriously, where has this mascara been all my life? It's 2.99 and it's literally the best 2.99 i've ever spent. I've repurchased about 2 times and it honestly makes my lashes look perfect with just this one mascara. My ONLY and I mean ONLY complaint, is that it isn't waterproof. I usually only wear waterproof mascara so my resolution for this is to apply my Jordana mascara and then a quick layer of Covergirl lash blast fusion (waterproof) to finish it off. LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 4:40:00 AM More reviews by jenny90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

AMAZING!! Best mascara ever! Love the brush, great formula - not too wet, not too dry, doesn't flake or smudge, lengthens and volumizes, holds my curl, inexpensive! Could you ask for a better mascara?? It makes my lashes look amazing! I will continue to purchase this!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2012 5:25:00 PM More reviews by Bellasima

Can't lie, this is by far the BEST mascara I've ever used! No smudge, no flake, black as black gets, lengthens, thickens, curls. This stuff is amazing. Got a tube for my mom who has short sparse lashes and even she is in love. Gotta love dirt cheap HG.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No