October 31, 2014 | 1630 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2005 12:09:00 AM More reviews by stef1221

I like this cleanser because it leaves my skin feeling really clean but never dry. Keeps breakouts at bay and has a really nice smell. But as others have said the pump does break and its annoying

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2005 2:43:00 PM More reviews by mcearley

I generally like the product and the foaming lather. It does seeem to help my face not break out yet not dry my sensitive skin. However, the pump always breaks! I have bought/used over 6 bottles. The pump starts sticking about 1/2 way through the bottle,and then you have to manually move it up and down to get any product out. Very annoying! I'm still using it until I can find a better cleanser. I never have any eye irritation with this and I use it over my eyes to remove eye makeup. It leaves a bit of the mascara, but not too bad. EDIT: I still like this cleaser, but it didn't remove all my eye makeup, and the pump was so annoying. I have recently switched to Paula's Choice Skin Balancing cleaser which removes my eye makeup better and still doesn't strip my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2005 12:46:00 PM More reviews by girltak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After using this product a few times, I found it just too drying for my sensitive skin. However, I put it in my shower and have been using it for my back (dreaded bacne!!) and it has worked wonders!!! For once my back is totally clear. Like others have posted, the pump sucks but I will definitely repurchase to keep my back nice and clear for the coming summer months!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2005 12:17:00 AM More reviews by Bowyer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this product for about a year or so and it has helped my acne prone adult skin, immensely. I would continue to buy it. If you have acne prone skin and you are an adult, you likely need a product with salicylic acid and Aveeno has the right combo of this, and soy extracts.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2005 3:00:00 AM More reviews by RaquellaDeVille

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I first discovered this product over a year ago and still continue to use it daily and nightly. It is one of the best cleansers I have ever used. I have somewhat sensitive and acne-prone skin, so there are not many cleansers out there that work for me, but this one did. It's hypo-allergenic, which is GREAT for those who have sensitive skin and are allergic to things. Plus, it has extracts of soy to help even out the skin tone. It squeezes out into a nice foam. The only drawback is that I have to use about four or five pumps to get my face clean --- to rid it of oil and make up. But, now my face is completely clear (used with a glycolic acid toner, Clindamycin, and a birth control pill) and I do believe that this cleanser has something to do with it!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2005 5:32:00 PM More reviews by productnerd

This is a decent cleanser that has helped keep my skin clear but can sometimes make my skin a little dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2005 1:23:00 AM More reviews by lazyviolet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i bought this in my neverending quest to find a cleanser that my face likes. and my face really like it. it seemed like the only cleanser that didn't make me break out. the .5% salicylic acid seemed to be perfect for me: just enough to do something but not so much that it irritates. i just ran out of cleanser but didn't buy this one again because i have commitment issues.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2005 8:04:00 AM More reviews by bella112

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Aveeno products are in general a very reliable range. They are great for sensitive skin, which is why i do like this cleanser. I have extremely sensitive skin, and this cleanser if one of few that contains salicylic that does not irritate my skin. I experience mild breakouts, and this product does not completely clear it up or perform any miracles, but it does not irritate or make the spots worse ... it is not drying to other areas of my skin that are not as oily...the packaging is awful and the pump breaks easily, and the foam is hard to wash off if too much is applied. But all of this being said, i would re-purchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2005 10:41:00 AM More reviews by STACEYFFF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have combo skin (more oily than dry), and using this in conjunction with a mild beta hydroxy (Philosophy's hope in a jar) caused my facial skin to burn and peel- quite badly. Lesson learned.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2005 1:02:00 AM More reviews by jasmin3w4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the smell of aveeno products. I thought I would give this face wash a try for winter. It's a really mild cleanser but doesn't take my make up off like the skin brightening cleanser. I would like to try the soap bar foam next time I am shopping for a skin cleanser. I think there are products that are far superior to this one.