July 29, 2014 | 1882 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2005 5:32:00 PM More reviews by productnerd

This is a decent cleanser that has helped keep my skin clear but can sometimes make my skin a little dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2005 1:23:00 AM More reviews by lazyviolet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i bought this in my neverending quest to find a cleanser that my face likes. and my face really like it. it seemed like the only cleanser that didn't make me break out. the .5% salicylic acid seemed to be perfect for me: just enough to do something but not so much that it irritates. i just ran out of cleanser but didn't buy this one again because i have commitment issues.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2005 8:04:00 AM More reviews by bella112

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Aveeno products are in general a very reliable range. They are great for sensitive skin, which is why i do like this cleanser. I have extremely sensitive skin, and this cleanser if one of few that contains salicylic that does not irritate my skin. I experience mild breakouts, and this product does not completely clear it up or perform any miracles, but it does not irritate or make the spots worse ... it is not drying to other areas of my skin that are not as oily...the packaging is awful and the pump breaks easily, and the foam is hard to wash off if too much is applied. But all of this being said, i would re-purchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2005 10:41:00 AM More reviews by STACEYFFF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have combo skin (more oily than dry), and using this in conjunction with a mild beta hydroxy (Philosophy's hope in a jar) caused my facial skin to burn and peel- quite badly. Lesson learned.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2005 1:02:00 AM More reviews by jasmin3w4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the smell of aveeno products. I thought I would give this face wash a try for winter. It's a really mild cleanser but doesn't take my make up off like the skin brightening cleanser. I would like to try the soap bar foam next time I am shopping for a skin cleanser. I think there are products that are far superior to this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2005 5:28:00 AM More reviews by twysmith

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used other Aveeno products that are great but this one isn't. Doesn't clear up my breakouts or prevent them and I hardly wear makeup. Actually sometimes makes my skin drier and redder. This may work for some people but not for me. I do have to say it is light and refreshing and feels like my skin was cleaned. I also used the clear complexion daily moisturizer (the pump broke twice on me) Don't think I would purchase either again. There might be better products out there than this. Do look at other Aveeno products, just because this one doesn't work doesn't mean others won't.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2005 6:23:00 PM More reviews by boobinson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm a dude and I must say that this has been my favorite cleanser for some time now. It gives a nice, easy lather and it doesn't dry my face like many of the noxema's, neutrogena's, cetaphil (yes, even cetaphil), clean & clear, etc.. I do enjoy aveeno's products.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2005 11:32:00 PM More reviews by chakakhan

this product was good. i think it would be great for those who wear no makeup because it is a very light foamy cleanser. i liked it, but not enough to buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2004 8:36:00 PM More reviews by hellokimi105

This wash stripped my face. Extremely drying!! Luckily my friend gave me her bottle to test out.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2004 12:45:00 AM More reviews by Northwynd

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this cleanser. It doesn't dry out my face, give me a rash, more zits, blackheads, or sting. Having had cystic acne since I was 10, I've tried a *lot* of cleansers. I think that's really saying something.

It didn't completely clear my face up, but I don't think there is a product that exists that can. It does help, though. It's fairly cheap, and can be found almost everywhere. Will buy this product again.