April 17, 2014 | 1572 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2005 10:41:00 AM More reviews by STACEYFFF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have combo skin (more oily than dry), and using this in conjunction with a mild beta hydroxy (Philosophy's hope in a jar) caused my facial skin to burn and peel- quite badly. Lesson learned.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2005 1:02:00 AM More reviews by jasmin3w4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the smell of aveeno products. I thought I would give this face wash a try for winter. It's a really mild cleanser but doesn't take my make up off like the skin brightening cleanser. I would like to try the soap bar foam next time I am shopping for a skin cleanser. I think there are products that are far superior to this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2005 5:28:00 AM More reviews by twysmith

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used other Aveeno products that are great but this one isn't. Doesn't clear up my breakouts or prevent them and I hardly wear makeup. Actually sometimes makes my skin drier and redder. This may work for some people but not for me. I do have to say it is light and refreshing and feels like my skin was cleaned. I also used the clear complexion daily moisturizer (the pump broke twice on me) Don't think I would purchase either again. There might be better products out there than this. Do look at other Aveeno products, just because this one doesn't work doesn't mean others won't.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2005 6:23:00 PM More reviews by boobinson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm a dude and I must say that this has been my favorite cleanser for some time now. It gives a nice, easy lather and it doesn't dry my face like many of the noxema's, neutrogena's, cetaphil (yes, even cetaphil), clean & clear, etc.. I do enjoy aveeno's products.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2005 11:32:00 PM More reviews by chakakhan

this product was good. i think it would be great for those who wear no makeup because it is a very light foamy cleanser. i liked it, but not enough to buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2004 8:36:00 PM More reviews by hellokimi105

This wash stripped my face. Extremely drying!! Luckily my friend gave me her bottle to test out.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2004 12:45:00 AM More reviews by Northwynd

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this cleanser. It doesn't dry out my face, give me a rash, more zits, blackheads, or sting. Having had cystic acne since I was 10, I've tried a *lot* of cleansers. I think that's really saying something.

It didn't completely clear my face up, but I don't think there is a product that exists that can. It does help, though. It's fairly cheap, and can be found almost everywhere. Will buy this product again.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/2/2004 2:39:00 PM More reviews by taubeta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this wash is average. It is kind of drying. Not for me. Would not purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/16/2004 3:21:00 AM More reviews by minimillerhighlife

I used this whole line for about 9 months after seeing the commercial and realizing that I too was old enough to leave acne behind. I used the foaming face wash, scrub, toner, and lotion. There was no change in my combination skin, and the patches of acne stayed. (then i changed to cetaphil and saw miracles within 2 weeks but thats another story). the only pluses for this product were 1. i really like the colors of the packaging and 2. smells really fresh and clean.
I won't ever buy this line again though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2004 4:56:00 AM More reviews by mere1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this all summer, and it's been working very well for me. It's great at removing sweat, grime, makeup. Yes, it is drying so I won't be using it once the weather cools down, but it has been a good summer cleanser. I will repurchase again next spring if I don't find something better in the meantime :) For those of you with sensitive skin, be warned: this is not gentle.